***February Lovebugs 2011 - 3rd tri*** 10 girls and 9 boys born

Ooh Clare thats brilliant! Is there much you have to do to prepare for the home birth? x

evening ladies hope ur ok 1sttimemum and ley i never caught that thread so hope shes well ??.
I have baught asda breast pads used them last time they were great and bought lots of diferent maternity pads i bleed tonnes and tonnes after .

Baby still back to back if i do any more rocking to try move him gonna turn in to a rocking horse lol, xx

there's always so much to catch up on after waking up!

1stimemom - I hope everything is going well with you hun. Keep us updated :hugs:

Regarding Breast pads I'm really bummed to hear the reusable don't work :( Granted I'm not leaking yet (I don't even know if mine work!) but if I could I was hoping to get those kind. I'm going for reusable wipes/nappies anyways so I thought it would just be easy fit those into the washing.

my friend has been using reusables for the past few months , ill ask her later on her opinions, i would like to know too as same as you ill be washing nappies anyway...how is your nappy stash coming along :p

It's very much growing! I think I'm doing my DH's head in though with all the different types. He doesn't quite understand that not all the types will work and I need a few of each to decided. He says he has dreams of Flips and bamboozles and cow prints. :haha:

haha mine just tuts and says dont we have enough now lol , i only got into cloth nappies about half way through with ds2 but he potty trained early so only wears one at night so hubby hasnt really got much of a clue so im trying to keep the simple ones for him haha

I am cloth diapering also. =D

Do you ladies go over to the natural parenting thread much? I know it's reminiscent to what stage we're in, but I find I'm in natural parenting more often now than third tri. I hardly hang out in Third Tri anymore. I think I'm just totally ready for her to be here!

i read but dont often post

i must admit I was just going to go cheap and cheerful for breast pads as I'm not particularly leaky usually. but now I'd just go for in stock :haha: there's not a load of choice in my little town but might pop to boots, superdrug or morrisons I guess.

Had my midwife appointment this pm. Everything is good, phew baby is the right way up and 2/5 engaged so DD29 you were right (I think it was you, memory like a sieve!!)

She is also happy for me to have a home birth so is doing a home visit on Friday :)

baby's furniture also arrived this pm (after snow delay last year) and so I've started putting all her stuff away. i did order a small wardrobe as the room is quite small (7 foot by ?12 foot?) but they've sent a normal one. Not sure what to do. I was worried it might dominate the room but was also worried the small one would be too small :shrug: can't really be bothered sending it back and waiting so tempted to say stuff it, espec as it should cost more :haha: and it looks fine :)

yay for home births ..my midwife said to me today for me to get something to cover stuff up with , she said cheap shower curtains were the best , and something to kneel on if not in a bed or pool ie like an old quilt etc

Hey All - just heard there's an ASDA baby event on the 18th January - worth it for all the extra bits and peices maybe?

Can't believe I've only got 29 days to go! Eeek!

Any news on Ley? xx

Ooh Clare thats brilliant! Is there much you have to do to prepare for the home birth? x

the midwife is coming on Friday so hopefully she will tell me everything :)

Shower curtains sounds a good idea though :haha:

Hey All - just heard there's an ASDA baby event on the 18th January - worth it for all the extra bits and peices maybe?

Any news on Ley? xx

her last status 3 hours ago was that she was exhausted - the contractions started again and that she is in for another night at the hospital.

Any news on Ley? xx

her last status 3 hours ago was that she was exhausted - the contractions started again and that she is in for another night at the hospital.

Aw bless her...poor chicken. Hope everything's ok and she gets some respite! :hugs:

Any news on Ley? xx

Aw bless her...poor chicken. Hope everything's ok and she gets some respite! :hugs:

She's been sent home on strict bedrest now, going to see the midwife on Thursday. Thinking of you hun, hang in there baby, it's too early!!

hope ley is ok and hanging in there..wonder if she ll have bubs?

She's been sent home on strict bedrest now, going to see the midwife on Thursday. Thinking of you hun, hang in there baby, it's too early!!

oh ok then thats good news

Hope your both ok ley and 1sttime ...and your babies stays put a little longer :)
hey ladies how are we all? I got confirmation the other day that i can go to my local birthing centre instead of the hospital...which i am soo pleased about :)
just hope he isn't still lying breech at consultant on monday...or that idea could go down the drain :(
Anyone else having a birth centre birth? x

Hope ley is ok, I'm due same day as ley now I'm panicing better get packing!!!

Hope all is ok with 1sttime too :hugs:

I am cloth diapering also. =D

Do you ladies go over to the natural parenting thread much? I know it's reminiscent to what stage we're in, but I find I'm in natural parenting more often now than third tri. I hardly hang out in Third Tri anymore. I think I'm just totally ready for her to be here!

I read it sometimes, but I don't post too much. I rarely read the third tri anymore except to look at pictures of the newbies. lol

I need to get my bags packed...I'm so procrastinating...Ugh. I am SO ready for baby to be here though...

I hope everything is okay with Ley and anyone else having pre-term scares. :wacko:

Thank you ladies for your concern!!! :)

I swear, this has been the longest 24 hours of my life!! lol

Well, so much for working up until I'm due! I have been told to take it easy and not do too much walking. Well, my job is following around a student all day, so I won't be returning to work until after baby is born. Last night I was sitting in an office getting insurance on my car, and I felt/heard a 'pop' from my pelvis. At first I thought my water had broken, but nothing came out. My contractions are still every five minutes, and getting longer. I went to the doctor this morning, and I saw his assistant (who I don't like much anyways). SHE says the contractions are braxton hicks, but the hospital said Sunday they were true contractions.
Anyways, she said if I don't want to take the meds they gave me Sunday, I don't have to. Baby is healthy and they said if she did come, they are almost positive she'd be ok. But hopefully she'll stay put until at least Sunday when I'm 36 weeks and can be assured that she'll be ok (according to my doctor).....

For the time being though, I'm frustrated as all hell because they always say if contractions are 5 minutes apart, regular, and getting to be about a minute long, then head to the hospital. But they've been like that for two days with no dialation, and I've been sent home both days. So now how in the hell am I supposed to know when to go unless my water breaks?!?! Oyyyyy... I just don't know what to do now... I guess I'll be sitting around and waiting to see what happens... But my back is definitely killing me. My contractions are mostly in my back. They start there, intensify there while my stomach gets completely rock hard, and starts dying down after my stomach softens up... Oyyy..... :(

As far as breast pads go, I started with Avent, and now love Lanisoh adhesive ones (disposable)... I've been leaking since about 26 weeks, and now leak a ton (Oh, joy... hahaha I'm afraid to know what it'll be like after baby is born!).... So far, the lanisoh are working great for me, absorb quite a bit and are comfortable and not so noticeable. But who knows what it'll be like later, after she's born lol I certainly hope they hold up...

Thank you ladies for your concern!!! :)

I swear, this has been the longest 24 hours of my life!! lol

Well, so much for working up until I'm due! I have been told to take it easy and not do too much walking. Well, my job is following around a student all day, so I won't be returning to work until after baby is born. Last night I was sitting in an office getting insurance on my car, and I felt/heard a 'pop' from my pelvis. At first I thought my water had broken, but nothing came out. My contractions are still every five minutes, and getting longer. I went to the doctor this morning, and I saw his assistant (who I don't like much anyways). SHE says the contractions are braxton hicks, but the hospital said Sunday they were true contractions.
Anyways, she said if I don't want to take the meds they gave me Sunday, I don't have to. Baby is healthy and they said if she did come, they are almost positive she'd be ok. But hopefully she'll stay put until at least Sunday when I'm 36 weeks and can be assured that she'll be ok (according to my doctor).....

For the time being though, I'm frustrated as all hell because they always say if contractions are 5 minutes apart, regular, and getting to be about a minute long, then head to the hospital. But they've been like that for two days with no dialation, and I've been sent home both days. So now how in the hell am I supposed to know when to go unless my water breaks?!?! Oyyyyy... I just don't know what to do now... I guess I'll be sitting around and waiting to see what happens... But my back is definitely killing me. My contractions are mostly in my back. They start there, intensify there while my stomach gets completely rock hard, and starts dying down after my stomach softens up... Oyyy..... :(

Well I'm glad to hear you're still hanging in there hun. :hugs: I hope you can make it till Sunday as well because then you're practically full term, not to mention everyday counts I'm sure!

I haven't a clue what to tell you about when you should go in now though. I could only imagine how confusing that must be. I would say if they drop below 4 min then definitely head your butt in there!

So what do you think that Pop was if it wasn't your waters? Just your pelvis getting in place?

I have no idea. And when I told the stupid nurse, she just shrugged it off. I've been trying to google it like crazy. My mom told a woman she works with and the lady said to be ready any day. Apparently her sister had the same thing happen where she had a pop and no waters, and within two days she went into labor. Apparently it was her mucus plug separating, but not dropping.. So now I have no idea!! lol It's all just so frustrating. I know every pregnancy is different, but I wish there were just a couple more signs I could use to know what's going on.

For now I'm just trying to think positively and hope that if things happen, they go well... lol and trying to relax through all of the contractions. Like my mom pointed out, the better I can prepare my body to relax through the worst of the contractions, the better off and more relaxed I'll be when it is time for everything to happen... I just hope I don't go past the time for an epidural.
Apparently my cousin had contractions that were regular with one of her pregnancies and when she went in, they said she wasn't dialated... Just before leaving, she felt like she had to use the restroom, and not to go pee, so my aunt made the nurse check her again (even though they said "noo, she should be fine.. she isn't dialated!!") and BAM! There was baby's head, and she was suddenly (within 20 minutes) fully dialated and ready to go. Her water never broke, she never noticed the mucus plug go... Nothing but regular contractions!! That scares me since it was family lol and on my mom's side.... :/

Aw 1sttimemon, sounds like a confusing time for you. You could always bypass the horrible drs assistant and go to the hospital. Does the assistant even do traces on you? x

1sttimemom, how difficult. i have had 2 labours and I'm still not sure i'd know! better to go to hospital too much than too little though. Why are some medics so unhelpful?!!

Good luck hun, lets hope Zealia wants to stay in just a little longer!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->