***February Lovebugs 2011 - 3rd tri*** 10 girls and 9 boys born

Thanks winegums yeah I wud rather him b healthy I wudent want him coming untill 38 wks which they clas as term just don't want to go over. I feel terrible having es wen u think about all those poor woman that have been trying 4 a long time I'm trying to look on the brighter side just wish the pain wud settle and I get some sleep. I just cant get confy at all or relax I was 2 wks over due last tine and had to b induced just don't want that happening again x x

Eve - yay for the clear urine!!

Winegums, what you say about early baby is so true - we're all keen to meet them but having to stay in SCBU wouldn't be good...not long though everyone and we'll be full term! 2 days for you WG!!

Did people see Lianne (Ley) was in hospital overnight with contractions but I think they have stopped now so she should be home again soon. Hope everything is ok hun :)

I never notice when Ley goes to hosp. lol. I hope she is ok though.

I wonder where all the breast pads are then???????????

I am really anxious about breast-feeding. Last time with Eve I was leaking all the time and soaked the pads......clothes, everything. It was a nightmare. I hope its not the same this time.

dd29, are you able to get plenty of rest to keep off your legs? x

plenty of breast pads in boots and babies r us i got myself 2 packs for now , ive never really been a leaker thankfully.

is ley ok?
we have been searching the net for reviews on breast pads, we were going to get the washable ones but everything we came across basically said they were terrible and didnt soak up anything.
so we have has some bought for us but they are wilko's own, havent seen any reviews so bought some lankoish? ones as they had good reviews, may even invest in some lilypadz?
what brands does everyonr recommend?
x

I'm going to the city in the week, so I will go to Boots and get some from there.

My Nursing bras arrived today. woo hoo!! They are so much more comfortable and I feel so much better without my boobs falling out all the time. I hope tonights sleep is better cos of better support.

I think my baby may have engaged a little bit. His bum feels lower down, like before it has been nudging my sternum, but now hes further away, and, dare I say it, my heartburn hasnt been as bad today or yesterday..........I have a appointment next week, so hopefully he'll be a bit engaged.

One of the ladies I got to know on here when ttc has gone into labour. Well hopefully. Contractions are 3 mins apart. I'm really excited for her! Shes 38 weeks, so I think she is a January Jellybean. x

Winegums you are getting really close! Not to much longer and hes fullterm! Woohooo!!!

Regarding breast pads with my son i bought all different makes of disposable ones - mothercare, boots etc they were all similar and worked fine

I've heard bad reviews about the washable ones as well and for me its too much hassle with the amount of washing you do when they are little anyway haha, this time i got some from asda and again they are fine

maternity towels or pads or whatever though i've found the best was tesco last time i was really impressed with them so will be getting some from there later

I didn't know lay was in hospital hope she is ok!!!!!! i always miss posts lol xxx

I know! 2 days till I'm 37 weeks! Quite scary to think about but I'm sooo thankful that he's still in there all snug and comfy and didn't try and make an escape any earlier! Now I just need to not go overdue lol as I can't be induced! xx

I know! 2 days till I'm 37 weeks! Quite scary to think about but I'm sooo thankful that he's still in there all snug and comfy and didn't try and make an escape any earlier! Now I just need to not go overdue lol as I can't be induced! xx

Ah yes, same here! Do you have another consultant appointment for when you are overdue? I have one on the 9th February, I will be 6 days overdue, I guess that is when they will discuss cesarean.

If you don't mind me asking, why did you have a section the first time around and was in planned or emergency?

I'm glad to hear the tesco ones are good. I was surprised at how cheap they were too at a £1 a packet.

How long do you normally bleed for afterwards? I can't remember. x

i think you can bleed for up to about 6 weeks, but it depends on the person- it also depends on whether you have a physiological third stage or a managed/active third stage.

I bled loadssss afterwards it was horrible!

i had a c section because at 39 weeks they realised he was breech and no one had noticed! i discussed delivering him vaginally but they said the midwives at that hospital hadn't much experience of breech births etc :S so ended up planning a section for a couple of days later - was all a bit of a rush!

what about you was yours emergency/planned? xxx

Mine was emergency, failure to progress. I went into labour and got to pushing, but my contractions slowed down and was put on drip, then I couldnt push her out, so I had forceps and vontuce, but then (I don't remember this, my birthing partner told me) she was getting distressed so they decided to go for section. x

regarding breast pads - i found the cheaper ones / stores own a bit itchy and they left bits of paper on me . i prefered tommee tippee , avent or lanisoh however lanisoh were expensive

there's always so much to catch up on after waking up!

1stimemom - I hope everything is going well with you hun. Keep us updated :hugs:

Regarding Breast pads I'm really bummed to hear the reusable don't work :( Granted I'm not leaking yet (I don't even know if mine work!) but if I could I was hoping to get those kind. I'm going for reusable wipes/nappies anyways so I thought it would just be easy fit those into the washing.

1stimemom - I hope everything is going well with you hun. Keep us updated :hugs:

Regarding Breast pads I'm really bummed to hear the reusable don't work :( Granted I'm not leaking yet (I don't even know if mine work!) but if I could I was hoping to get those kind. I'm going for reusable wipes/nappies anyways so I thought it would just be easy fit those into the washing.

my friend has been using reusables for the past few months , ill ask her later on her opinions, i would like to know too as same as you ill be washing nappies anyway...how is your nappy stash coming along :p

I have reusable breast pads and they work fine for me - I've been leaking since about 17 weeks. I don't have experience with massive leaking (like after birth), but I don't see why they wouldn't work...They are a little bulky though (at least the ones I have), so I wouldn't wear them in public, but for home, they are great.

my friend has been using reusables for the past few months , ill ask her later on her opinions, i would like to know too as same as you ill be washing nappies anyway...how is your nappy stash coming along :p

It's very much growing! I think I'm doing my DH's head in though with all the different types. He doesn't quite understand that not all the types will work and I need a few of each to decided. He says he has dreams of Flips and bamboozles and cow prints. :haha:

I am cloth diapering also. =D

Do you ladies go over to the natural parenting thread much? I know it's reminiscent to what stage we're in, but I find I'm in natural parenting more often now than third tri. I hardly hang out in Third Tri anymore. I think I'm just totally ready for her to be here!

i must admit I was just going to go cheap and cheerful for breast pads as I'm not particularly leaky usually. but now I'd just go for in stock :haha: there's not a load of choice in my little town but might pop to boots, superdrug or morrisons I guess.

Had my midwife appointment this pm. Everything is good, phew baby is the right way up and 2/5 engaged so DD29 you were right (I think it was you, memory like a sieve!!)

She is also happy for me to have a home birth so is doing a home visit on Friday :)

baby's furniture also arrived this pm (after snow delay last year) and so I've started putting all her stuff away. i did order a small wardrobe as the room is quite small (7 foot by ?12 foot?) but they've sent a normal one. Not sure what to do. I was worried it might dominate the room but was also worried the small one would be too small :shrug: can't really be bothered sending it back and waiting so tempted to say stuff it, espec as it should cost more :haha: and it looks fine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->