***February Lovebugs 2011 - 3rd tri*** 10 girls and 9 boys born

you seen that cot in m&s half price £49 looks nice .

just to remind uk people sainsburies are starting their 1/3 off baby products (think its tomorrow) and asdas baby event is 18th jan xxx

Virginia I thought that because from my pelvis I could just feel hardness, which I assumed was his head he was a little bit engaged. BUT NO! Still floating around. lol. When he does go down there for a brief visit it does feel like I can't walk cos of the pressure. He just never stays there.

Jenniflower, so you went in and got a bottle without a prescription?

Yay Clare, full term tomorrow! I was saying that once I reached full term I was going to try the tricks to get things going, but now its here i'm like "Er I'm not ready yet, I need to get things sorted here first" lol. Plus we can't have sex atm because of my thrush :-(

My Midwife told me to go and get the cream..........will the thrush clear up without the pessary?

That sounds a bargain for a cotbed!

I have another question. lol. Does your cervix come down when you are going to go into labour? x

just to remind uk people sainsburies are starting their 1/3 off baby products (think its tomorrow) and asdas baby event is 18th jan xxx

do you know what sort of things they have in the asda baby event? i haven't got one near but may be worth a trip to Norwich?!

Virginia I thought that because from my pelvis I could just feel hardness, which I assumed was his head he was a little bit engaged. BUT NO! Still floating around. lol. When he does go down there for a brief visit it does feel like I can't walk cos of the pressure. He just never stays there.

Jenniflower, so you went in and got a bottle without a prescription?

Yay Clare, full term tomorrow! I was saying that once I reached full term I was going to try the tricks to get things going, but now its here i'm like "Er I'm not ready yet, I need to get things sorted here first" lol. Plus we can't have sex atm because of my thrush :-(

My Midwife told me to go and get the cream..........will the thrush clear up without the pessary?

That sounds a bargain for a cotbed!

I have another question. lol. Does your cervix come down when you are going to go into labour? x

I know rach, i'm just the same. i do like having her in there, if the bump just didn't get in the way so much :dohh: and I am not ready for night feeds yet!!

asda usually have nappies , bottles , dummies etc plus wipes , johnson stuff /toiletries and last time they had some car seats ,sterilisers, bath seats, playmats walkers that sort of thing.

i shall get some wipes i think not sure i need anything else. havent ought any bottles yet as im hoping not to use bottles at all this time , there is 2 that come with the steriliser i have but wondering if to get 2 just in case.
ooh and if they have breast pads ill stock up on them i guess

sometimes the expensive nipple cream is cheap as well! i have bought some bottles *just in case*because i dont want to be left with the situation i was in with my son last time with no bottles or breast pump and him not feeding and loosing weight! kept my expensive double breast pump from last time as well.

asda event has nappies if you use disposables, also food and snacks for when they are bigger (check the dates, some of them dont run out for like a year), stair gates, pushchairs, bouncers, toys, wipes, nappy sacks, dummies rattles etc, also clothes like vests and sleepsuits

it's annoying because right at the end of the event things go SO cheap butif you live in a popular area they all go within the first few days but if you live in a smaller or less populated place etc they sometimes still have items left at the end which go REALLY cheap

Rachael your cervix opens and gets 'ripe' lol

also i know what you mean, i never understand people that 'just want pregnancy over' or 'just want the baby out' i'm so massive and uncomfortable and in so much pain but i still wouldnt wish my baby out before its ready!

xxx

Ooo gosh wow so many full term congrats girls not long now, Glad appointment went well rach hun and hope ur thrush goes away asap .
Did MW say if ur bubs was still facing right way ?, Mine still back to back after hours and hours of ball bouncing iam getting real down about it actually as the MW talks likes its lazyness but i am trying everything!! .
Hope every ones well ?.

mummymadness I havent even been with you but get the impression you have been on your knees A LOT! MW said she could feel a big lump which was his back, which was like 45 degrees to the left if thats makes sense. lol.

Winegums, does it come down or does it stay up high? (your cervix I mean. lol)

Are things loads cheaper in the baby event? Like nappies? I might venture there too. x

mummy madness have you been on the spinning babies website? there are loads of other things you can do other than bouncing on the ball to try and get baby to get the right way round!

it also has good advice about what to do if baby is still op during labour - i.e. many babies who havent turned rotate as they come down the birth canal but women who have epidurals this rate is really decreased there is some sort of link towards women having an epidural and baby not rotating as its coming down the birth canal

xxx

rachael i haven't heard of the cervix dropping? as far as i know it stays where it is but gradually thins out (effaces) and stretches wider and wider (dilates) xxx

ah that would explain why Eve didnt turn perhaps - cos I had an epidural.

I'm not sure if you remember me saying months ago about OH brother GF was pregnant and lost a baby at 20 weeks after going into labour. She is pregnant again and is 27 weeks and had a scan today, and from the scan they could see that the cervix was opening. They can't do anything like stitch the cervix cos its already opening, she has had a steroid injections. She has a some tummy pain and basically been told she could go into full labour anytime.
She has been admitted and on best rest. Thankfully she is 27 weeks so its a much better situation that last time. I am just keeping my fingers crossed for her. xx

also mummy madness read this thread on another forum about posterior babies :p

https://www.naturalmamas.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=94453

aww rachael got my fingers crossed for them!! the cervix opening isnt necesarily a bad thing, some women get to about 2cm weeks before they go into labour and then it doesn't go any further... the more she rests for now the better! and tell her not to take anything like evening primrose oil :p xxx

Oh gosh rachael... your poor OH Bro's GF..... Gosh i hope that little one will stay in there and be nice for mummy and daddy!!!

How is everyone feeling today? I am ok. Have been having some huge amounts of period like cramping with some tightenings. It is odd.... Allan asked me if they were contractions and my reply was "i cant remember what they felt like :( " no now i am worried that they might be lol... Hopefully they are just really bad braxton hicks...

I kinda want him the make an appearance but the thought of going into labour again scares the poop outta me!!! Is anyone else like that?

thank u so so much Wine i am trying to be positive now, I just have horrid nightmares about been overdue all back labour babies getting stuck all from previous bad experiences i am not going to give in though :).

Rach hun i hope ur sil gets real far and does real well bless her and sounds like the drs are taking real good care of her xxx

Well ladies, I saw my doctor today. I am 40% effaced, baby is going back and forth between a -3 station and floating, but is head down and facing the right way, and cervix is still just 'dimpled'. He checked out baby though and said she's looking "fantastic" and that if I wanted to induce on Jan. 31st (6 days before due date) than it's fine. I asked about the chances of the due date being off and he said that they always take it into consideration. There are actually women that he says can not be induced, but because we were able to pin exact conception date, as well as my measurements being dead on my entire pregnancy (he calls it a textbook pregnancy!), then he is absolutely positive about baby's development and due date. SO, if she isn't here by then, I will go in to the hospital the night of Jan. 30th to be induced... so she should be here Jan. 31st! They are using Gel Packs on the cervix if it isn't completely dilated or isn't progressing enough, and pitocin to increase the intensity of my contractions (if they aren't doing anything on their own). He said they will absolutely NOT break waters unless I get to a point that I'm fully dilated and ready to go and they still haven't broken, which he thinks is highly unlikely...

I COMPLETELY trust this doctor. He delivered my now 12 year old niece when my sister had her, and considered one of the best in my state. He actually has patients that will drive from parts of our state that are about 2-3 hours away just to come to him... amazing.

Anyways, I am VERY excited and had to share!!

Also, a friend of mine had her baby boy yesterday... Born 1/11/11 at 5:05pm. 7 lbs, 5 ozs, 20 inches long. She was induced at 7am that day (her due date would have been the 15th anyways), and gave birth vaginally with an epidural that afternoon, first baby :) Both are doing GREAT and are very healthy and happy :)

Mummy to be I keep getting a lot of period like cramps and feel the same about going into labour. Excited but scared. I think it's natural.
I can't remember either whats what from my first pregnancy. I keep asking lots of questions.

Mummymadness have all of your pregnancies been back to back? X

SO, if she isn't here by then, I will go in to the hospital the night of Jan. 30th to be induced... so she should be here Jan. 31st!

Hi 1sttimemom08,

I just wantedd to say, it took 4 full days of induction before my baby made an appearance and she was overdue. I think the waiting around in hospital is the worst part because the hours and days seem to pass so slowly and all you want to do is have your baby!

Good luck and I hope it all goes to plan for you :)

Amy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->