***February Lovebugs 2011 - 3rd tri*** 10 girls and 9 boys born

sounds like thrush hun especially if real sore, Could be BV with the smell but symptoms sound more like thrush to me, Its them soddin hormones that do it **Hugs**

I was induced with my 2nd and 3rd boys not because i had medical reasons or anything. I never had any c-sections or any other complications. I was exactly 38 weeks with both and they were both over 7 1/2 pounds and very healthy.

What's BV?

Ah well I'm really glad I have a midwife appointment already to get it sorted.

What happens if u give birth while having thrush? Does it do something to the baby or am I thinking of something else?

The baby has moved round a little. All I ever used to feel was his bum, now thar is on the right with limbs coming out the left. X

Yikes...I don't like that doctors are telling women that there is no harm in inductions...especially early inductions...they are supposed to be people we can trust...it is proven that women who are induced are at a much higher risk of needing a C-section...I think before anyone chooses an induction for a non-medical reason, they should do thorough research on it and not just go with what the doctor says...they tend to do things for their convenience in the United States rather than whats better for mother and baby (because I'm sure it's nicer for them to come into the hospital at a scheduled time than be called in the middle of the night to deliver...)

I know the vast majority of businesses don't pay anything while on maternity leave in the US, but legally, you should have 12 weeks of FMLA (unpaid unfortunately) that you can use - they can't really make you come back sooner (Unless you work for a very small business who may not fall under the FMLA laws.)...

Anyways, medicaid FINALLY approved a scan to check why I was measuring 41 weeks at only 34 weeks...it's for Friday...and they told me I needed a full bladder...WTF? Don't they realize I am 35 weeks pregnant? I am sure I'll pee myself....I pee myself walking to the bathroom if I wait too long!

Everything is relative, full to us now is about a teaspoon full!! You can only do your best, fx for no weeing yourself!!

Yikes...I don't like that doctors are telling women that there is no harm in inductions...especially early inductions...they are supposed to be people we can trust...it is proven that women who are induced are at a much higher risk of needing a C-section...I think before anyone chooses an induction for a non-medical reason, they should do thorough research on it and not just go with what the doctor says...they tend to do things for their convenience in the United States rather than whats better for mother and baby (because I'm sure it's nicer for them to come into the hospital at a scheduled time than be called in the middle of the night to deliver...)

I know the vast majority of businesses don't pay anything while on maternity leave in the US, but legally, you should have 12 weeks of FMLA (unpaid unfortunately) that you can use - they can't really make you come back sooner (Unless you work for a very small business who may not fall under the FMLA laws.)...

Anyways, medicaid FINALLY approved a scan to check why I was measuring 41 weeks at only 34 weeks...it's for Friday...and they told me I needed a full bladder...WTF? Don't they realize I am 35 weeks pregnant? I am sure I'll pee myself....I pee myself walking to the bathroom if I wait too long!

Everything is relative, full to us now is about a teaspoon full!! You can only do your best, fx for no weeing yourself!!

Exactly! x

Morning girls !

i am so knackered lol i pressed off instead of snooze this morning so me nad kids got up late had to run to school (not good ) we were the last ones that got in before the gate shut - close call lol so by the time i got back i was well pooped , have been sat on sofa for the last hour and i really cba to move !

got my bro in law coming tomo and stopping till the weekend so he can help hubby to strip wallpaper and stuff , seemed like a good idea at the time .....meh

lol. doesnt it always Eve. I also cant be arsed to move now im back home and might just slob on the sofa for a couple of hours.

Had my midwife appointment, baby measuring 37cm. Head is floating around freely. My bp was a bit low.........85/60 I think, but I feel fine :)

I also told her about my sore bits and she said probably thrush and to go and get some canestan. Which I have gone and got. x

my alarm didnt even go off this morning! i feel great with a nice lie in lol but my little boy wasn't too happy with me lol! luckily i dont have to worry about school or anything yet!

SPD has gotten so much worse over the last 2 days and i still have so much more preparing to do!

i remember waking up in the night and my pj bottoms were soaked through, i went to the loo and smelled them (sorry for tmi lol) and it didnt smell of anything! was so tired went back to bed

now this morning i cant find the pjs anywhere? woke up with no bottoms on and loads of tissue stuffed up there so i'm sure i didn't imagine it! very very odd lol

I don't think it could be my waters yet as i haven't had any leakingness today so far and baby isnt even engaged yet! hmm

thrush is really painful today :S need to get my cream but i dont have maternity exemption card - so annoyed when i needed iron i phoned them and they said they never recieved my form so i sent off another one before christmas and still haven't recieved anything so i guess i'll have to phone them again and see whats going on with it

ive never been asked for my card , i just tick the box on the back of the prescription.

pj's ..wonder where you put them lol !

well ds2 has been cabbaging in front of playhouse disney and ive had a kip for an hour on the sofa , not sure if i feel better or worse tbh.

cant slob anymore though must crack on and do some jobs.

Yea I've never used mine either. I lost it about the minute it came through the door. :dohh: But every thing I've needed, teeth cleaning, over the counter gaviscon, prescriptions have been great. They just take some details and that's it.

I'm so sorry you girls are all dealing with thrush. :( I've never had it but ugh, it does not sound fun.

Hearing all you ladies still have floating heads is making me feel a bit better, I thought everyone's was engaging except mine! haha

37 weeks today!! Am very excited, although desperate to finish work so am keeping legs crossed and all labour inducing aides are banned....though I'll probably look back on this in 5 weeks time and think, why didn't I bounce on the ball more!!

Wine, I'm with you on the hips, mine are so much more painful these last few days. I suddenly feel really heavy and old woman-like. Hope it wasn't your waters hun, have you got a pad on now for testing? How odd though?

Sorry to hear everyone's suffering with thrush...can you use canestan in pregnancy? I find that amazing stuff, but not sure if it can be used? xx

yea you can use the pessary and cream but not the oral , its not too pleasant but works.
i just want my bits to be normal agai lol

my hips been getting worse last week too , take me ages to get up off the sofa or out of bed :(

i was given the pessary which is the tablet you put up there... but found it painful for some reason and midwife said it must not have worked properly as it came back within a few days so now been prescribed the cream! shame cant take oral tablets though :(

I never use my card either..........I guess they just can see. unless they think you are mad with a pillow stuffed up your top.

I brought my thrush cream. When the midwife said go and get yourself some cream I felt like I couldn't ask for it on prescription and like I should be buying it myself. So I did :-(

When I moved surgeries as well I had to say about my indigestion and the doctor prescribed me gaviscon, I went to re-order and got told it wasn't on repeat. Either the doctor didnt realise or thinks that my indigestion will clear itself up??? Yeah right.
I couldnt be bothered to make an appointment just for that and then go and pick it up 2 days later again so I brought some. Not that I have the spare cash to be buying medication :-(

Wine, ive just noticed your ticker say 15 days to go. That is scary. lol. x

They ask for my card wherever i go! not fair! also no doctors or anything in my area are meant to prescribe things like gaviscon! i hate my area sometimes lol grrr

yes dont remind me - my ticker used to excite me but now it scares me lol!

xxx

Time definately isn't slowing down at all. I am getting more nervous and anxious as the days go by.

Wow! Look how fast it's going now!!

I am pretty sure my baby is head down because when she gets the hiccups, I can feel them down there....it's a very weird feeling...Lol. How do I know if she is engaged though? (without sticking my hand up there...not that I can reach. Lol)

I never use my card either..........I guess they just can see. unless they think you are mad with a pillow stuffed up your top.

I brought my thrush cream. When the midwife said go and get yourself some cream I felt like I couldn't ask for it on prescription and like I should be buying it myself. So I did :-(

When I moved surgeries as well I had to say about my indigestion and the doctor prescribed me gaviscon, I went to re-order and got told it wasn't on repeat. Either the doctor didnt realise or thinks that my indigestion will clear itself up??? Yeah right.
I couldnt be bothered to make an appointment just for that and then go and pick it up 2 days later again so I brought some. Not that I have the spare cash to be buying medication :-(

When I got my gaviscon DH was the one to go into boots and talk to the lady behind the counter (total pregnancy brain fart as to what she is called) and she gave him some extra strength stuff in a HUGE bottle. He didn't need my card either just my name and birthday. She said it was only allowed to be given on advice from her so give it a try and see if you can talk to someone over the counter.

hello girls,

sorry to hear about all your sore bits :haha: :blush: the things we talk about :rofl:

I have had a long day shopping in the city today (Norwich). Mainly went to take back faulty Christmas pressies (Next) and get some nursing bras. The ones I had with Elena are so huge they are ridiculous, which is great ( i lost 6 stone before I got preggers, just wanted to lose another stone and i would have been where I wanted to be but hey ho!).

Managed to get some in mothercare sale! instead of £26 they were £13 and therefore could have another sale item at half price so got a cute (but overpriced of course) winnie the pooh outfit for bubs :)

i think that means I have all I NEED, though am still umming and ahhing about buying a new cot as the one that came out of the loft I had forgotten is a bit wobbly and the matress looks a but yuck so is worrying me (paranoia I know :dohh:) I did think if we got a cot bed then at least it could be a bed as well for a few years and would make more sense :shrug: we'll see.

And as a little luxury i fancied a grobag thermometer. It plugs is as a night light and change colour according to temperature. But John Lewis didn't have it in stock ( I have vouchers) so might just get it from Amazon.

Full term tomorrow....now that is scary!!

oh and I found after my shopping my backside really ached, was expecting it to be my hips, what is that all about :lol:? Wouldn't fancy doing it again in a couple of weeks time!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->