***February Lovebugs 2011 - 3rd tri*** 10 girls and 9 boys born

I also thought about packing my hospital bag

Last night OH said to me "its going to be crowded cos theres 4 of us in the room when you go to hospital" (news to me!) So I asked who, then he said us and our mums. Straightaway I said that we are only allowed 2 birthing partners in the room so how could we choose. Then he told me he didnt know if he could handle it.........me in pain and all that. I was shocked! So now I kind of feel like I have to be as quiet and relaxed as I can to show I am not in pain to make the experience easier for him.
Also, with my first my mum said she couldnt be in the room with me cos it would break her heart to see me in pain.........I don't know if it had anything to do with my age, so I don't know if she would still be the same now. lol. I don't know if I am being selfish with OH mum, I think the world of her, but I just feel like i'd be a bit vulnerable with all that will be happening. x

Yes to the hospital bag...it'll make you feel a bit more relaxed just knowing it's done! And I know I couldn't bear OH packing the bag for me...god knows what I'd end up with!

As for the MIL situation, I don't know what it is...I've read so many posts like yours it amazes me! It's a tough one, but I'd be tempted to remind your OH that although it may be tough for him to watch you in all that pain, it WILL be tougher for you to go through that pain, and you need who YOU need in the room. If he wants his Mum there can he not have them outside and go out for a little support from time to time? A birth partner is there to support you, so it needs to be whoever you feel can provide this best. :hugs: Hope you get it sorted xx

Ohhhh I wish I could go at 37 weeks, that would be amazing. Totally selfish yes. But hey if she comes of her own accord then she was ready! hahaha. Sadly I think I'll be one of the last ones left in this thread.

Paiytonsmummy I'm so happy for you!! His name is super cute and he sounds really healthy which of course is the best thing ever! :hugs:

don't worry hun, i bet there will be loads of us late too :)

Rachael - def get that bag packed, even i have done it now - we are off to letchworth on Sunday so it is a good idea for peace of mind...but do i take the car seat???

As to birth partners...i can't think of anything much worse that a mil in the room! Even if you get on, you need to be able to be totally you. I only want OH, though as he says, by havig a homebirth i have taken away the only useful thing he can do - drive me to the hospital :haha: i just want him to experience it but you never know this one could be different and i might not mind him (or anyone) touching me!! i have great hopes for complete chilledness :)

My hubby wasnt just on about MIL being in the room at the time... but actually bloody staying with us for 2 weeks! sod that!
i love her to bits, but jeez.... no. its so hard for him to understand that when you get home from hospital, you need to be that family unit to adjust.
plus, she is baby mad! the Evian adverts on the TV, or the ones for one born every minute with the newborns on the conveyor belt, she was like, oooh i want one! i cant wait till Ben is here!
i know i wouldn't get a look in. i would end up losing my temper with her and saying things i would regret.
but i am also having this argument with hubby that i want my big sis in there with me in the delivery room. this is because she was with me with my first and she was very supportive. i feel like i need that, i really do. but he and my sis dont get on that well. last year we had a big row, and even though my sister and i have sorted our differences etc, he wont let it go. stubborn bloke!
he is an only child, and i dont think he understands that even though me and my sis can fight like cat and dog.. we will also fight to the death for each other. we were notorious when we were teenagers if anyone insulted our sister! lol.
do you think i just keep going on at him?

mil at the birth ...just no ! unless she was the only one i could get hold of ofc lol !

mason james - nice name and a good weight too for 37 weeks cant wait to see piccys.

rach- yes pack your bloody bag !! even i am packed and im hoping not to go to hospital (actually i need to put my camera and a t shirt in but even so )

i feel completley knackered today i am out of breath and feeling really pregnant , hubby took ds1 to school today as working from home so that was good so now im cabbaging on the sofa till i have to fetch him at 3 lol.

hope everyone is ok

cant wait for later on, im going to my moms to drop her card off n then hopefully picking up exercise ball too, gonna have a go bouncing tonight, lol.
right im offski to tesco, luckily hubby home now so if needed i can text him asking him to pick me up, lol, but i just really fancy a walk, lol.

lol, I have read lots of posts like mine and then it happened to me! I know she doesnt expect to be in there, so its just my OH thinking its normal. OH has a friend who lived with his family........met a girl, she got pregnant and SHE asked my OH mum if she would be a birthing partner. So I think OH just wants his mum there cos she was at his friends birth and cause he doesnt have a clue what is happening or what is best.
I told OH last night that I was going to try and push the baby out on my knees or all fours, and he was concerned this wasnt normal. He thought you had to do it on your back. Then I explained why and he suddenly remembered that his mum said something about staying upright and it was all ok!
I just feel like he doesnt have faith in anything I say. I really think he forgets sometimes that I have done it before and everything I am planning to do is because I do have a clue! lol. Doesnt he know I sit on the internet most of the day researching it all! lol.

My sister was my birthing partner in my first birth and it would be great if she could again, but she is heavily pregnant, she might have even had her baby by then, so that is totally out of the question. OH wouldnt like it though.
It is support for me, and I feel like if him and his mum were in the room I would feel quite alone if that makes sense?
I wish there was something I could do to make him more prepared and not be so scared.

Jenniflower I have a feeling I am going to be here a while too!

If you have overdue babies before is it likely other babies will go overdue?

Clare thats a good point! If you have room I would take it. Best to be prepared. lol. (says she with no hospital bag packed!)

I had a nap and feel loads better now.

Enjoy your walk Franki. x

i get along soooooooooo well with my OHs mum i adore her - but there while i'm giving birth? um - no thanks!!!!!!!! i wouldn't even want my own mum there tbh i'm not as close with my family as a lot of people are and the only person i can truly feel myself and be relaxed and calm and not give a damn around is my partner.

My nanny took me shopping today bless her heart! she saw the baby clothes i've got so far and had a heart attack because they are bright and funky - she thinks babies should be dressed in pale blue or pink lol so she took me out and got me loads of blue vests and sleepsuits and blankets and muslin squares and little padded coats etc haha i love her

she also got me some nappies, wipes, nipple cream and big knickers lol

xxx

rachael have you thought of nct antenatal classes or something like that to make him feel better about it all?

with my son my partner was absolutely clueless and although we didn't do antenatal we did hypnobirthing with includes like antenatal class stuff

afterwards he was going around to everyone like - yes well she needs to get into good positions for the baby to descend into the pelvis... and ... we will have direct skin to skin contact with the baby after the birth to increase bonding and it should help her breastfeed more successfully... etc

everyone was like what has happened to him!! haha

xx

37 weeks today!!!! Woke up and have had diarrhea all day so far, plus been sick twice. Hope it's a good sign. Also feeling lots of niggly twinges low down.

@ rach - my 1st was overdue by 8 days but my 2nd came on his edd.

aww your nan sounds sweet wine , i havent been to see mine since xmas oops , but when i did take her to matalan she bought me some baby grows , she is also a beliver that a baby should be in a white sleepsuit and a hand knitted cardi till they are about 5 i think lmao.

37 weeks today!!!! Woke up and have had diarrhea all day so far, plus been sick twice. Hope it's a good sign. Also feeling lots of niggly twinges low down.

me too josie, not good hey?!! especially when you're trying to clean the toilet :rofl:

rach mine were both late so I'm assuming this one will. tho they are getting LESS late!

wine, I did say about ante-natal classes way early on in the pregnancy and he wasn't interested because I had done it before. My OH is sooooooooooo good at contradicting himself. Doesn't need the classes because I have had DD but doesn't really think I know what I am on about. lol.

At this birth I really hope we have a student cos hopefully she will be with us a lot of the time and he will be able to ask her lots of questions!

Oooooo sounds promising with all these symptoms......... x

rach mine were both late so I'm assuming this one will. tho they are getting LESS late!

Lots of people have said to me as well cos my bump is big, therefore my baby is big and it will come early.............that didnt even happen with DD! I think she just wanted more time inside me to grow some more. lol. x

well my first was born @ 39 weeks and my 2nd @ 38+3, I've been in preterm labour twice with this one already.

hi Ley :wave: i bet you thought you would be the next birth hey?!! fingers crossed she stays in for a little longer :) I love her name btw!

Hi hun, thanks, I was kinda hoping but not hoping at the same time. Obviously the longer she stays in the better but I'm desperate for that first cuddle lol

I have a consultant appointment and a scan on thursday so hopefully some decisions will be made then.
We've had her name picked out since we found out she was a girl but I wanted to keep it secret for a while lol

Hi hun, thanks, I was kinda hoping but not hoping at the same time. Obviously the longer she stays in the better but I'm desperate for that first cuddle lol

I have a consultant appointment and a scan on thursday so hopefully some decisions will be made then.
We've had her name picked out since we found out she was a girl but I wanted to keep it secret for a while lol

yep i know just what you mean, but you're very close to 37 weeks now so fx!

hope consultant and scan gives you some answers :)

I'm so the opposite of you girls haha. I've tried inviting my MIL to be with during the birth but she keeps saying "no, no you'll just want it to be the two of you" Which is really sweet but I thought she would love to be apart of it. Seeing as we're leaving the country when LO is about 3 months I felt bad we'd be leaving her and thought she would love to be able to say she was there for the birth. Oh well. :shrug: Plus I thought she could do the dishes. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->