***February Lovebugs 2011 - 3rd tri*** 10 girls and 9 boys born

wow ladies loads full term now whooooo and babies been born congrats paitonsmummy :).

6 days to go for me i am having a mix of scared and excited lol.

Oooo and yes rach have had 2 out of 3 babies back to back before wich is why i am scared they were very scary labours with touch and go moments with babies heart rates stopping as they were back to back and pressing on the cord , But i am going to keep going with the all 4s and birth Ball and determind not to give up and stay positive .

Hows every one today ??. xxxx

wow lil miss chatter boxes had to catch up quite a bit lol.

congrats to Paitonsmummy on the birth of ur son..so exciting.

im not takin anything iv never used that stuff with my boys so i probably wont with this one. Had my antenatal yesterday im measuin 34 bubs is all good head down and a bit low but now were near engage the m/w said she can still move her head..next app is on the 27th im hopin to get some better news then lol.

looking forward to more announcements :D

Hey sorry i never normally post in this one,i generaly just watch what you are all up to!
Anyway quick question.....is it true with your 2nd baby that you dont engage until your in labour?
Just today for some reason baby is low,very low and im really really waddling.I normally get back pain but its a different sore today and i think i could be losing my mucus plug(i know that doesnt mean labour is gonna happen as i lost it over the last 2 weeks with my son)

Hope your all feeling well and looking forward to our baba's arriving soon :kiss:

my 2nd engaged at about 30 weeks and stayed there. i believe its less common for them to engage but it does happen.

wow ladies loads full term now whooooo and babies been born congrats paitonsmummy :).

6 days to go for me i am having a mix of scared and excited lol.

Oooo and yes rach have had 2 out of 3 babies back to back before wich is why i am scared they were very scary labours with touch and go moments with babies heart rates stopping as they were back to back and pressing on the cord , But i am going to keep going with the all 4s and birth Ball and determind not to give up and stay positive .

Hows every one today ??. xxxx

I wondered cause I know someone whos babies were all back to back and it was something to do with her pelvis shape and why they layed that way. Have they ever said anything to you about why they went back to back? x

The high numbers of posterior babies at the end of pregnancy and the early phase of labor is a change from what was seen in studies over ten years old. Perhaps this is from our cultural habits of sitting at desks, sitting in bucket seats (cars), and leaning back on the couch (slouching).

Soft tissues, such as the psoas muscle pair or the broad ligament, also seem to be tight more often from such posture, from athletics (quick stops, jolts and falls), from accidents and emotional or sexual assault.

Being a nurse or body worker who turns to care for people in a bed or on a table will also twist the lower uterine segment (along with some of the previously mentioned causes). This make s the baby have to compensate in a womb that is no longer symmetrical.

Less often, the growing baby settles face forward over a smaller pelvis, or a triangular shaped pelvis (android). At the end of pregnancy the baby's forehead has settled onto a narrower than usual pubic bone, if tight round ligaments hold the forehead there, the baby may have a tough time rotating. These are the moms and babies that I'm most concerned with in my work at Spinning Babies.

A baby that was breech beyond week 30 -34 of pregnancy will flip head down in the posterior position.

A woman with a history of breech or posterior babies is more likely to have a breech or posterior baby in the next pregnancy. However, she may not have as long a labor, even so.

xxx

Who is likely to have an easy time with a posterior baby?

•A second time mom who's given birth readily before (pushing went well)

•Someone who's posterior baby changes from right to left after doing inversions and other balancing work, though the baby is still posterior
•A woman with a baby in the Left Occiput Posterior
•A woman who gets body work, myofascial release, etc.
•A woman' whose baby engages
•And of all of these, what is necessary is a pelvis big enough to accommodate the baby's extra head size
•A woman who uses active birthing techniques; vertical positions, moves spontaneously and instinctively or with specific techniques from Spinning Babies and other good advice.

:D

ah yeah my consultant told me not to slouch to stop baby going b2b.

Also mummymadness, if baby does get in the right position sit with your legs wide apart due to it doing something to your pelvis and prevents the baby from turning back.

fingers crossed he moves round! x

paitons mummy has put pics of her lil boy on facebook if anyone has her on there btw! xx

awwww girls ur amazing, Everytime i worry i realise there is hope he still mite change .

Thinking about it my one baby who was born not back to back was back to back right up untill 39 weeks i rocked and rocked then that night he came.

i bet paitons adorable

Never heard of clary sage sorry rach hun xxx

oh I wanna see :-(

What are peoples opinions on Clary Sage Oil? x

Thumbs up all the way on CSO! I hear it's great to keep contractions regular and if you put a few drops of oil on a hanky or a small cloth then inhale during your contractions it can be used as a substitute for Gas and Air for some. I've got an orange wash cloth all set aside and planning on using that for my CSO. :thumbup:

There's loads of other things people say, *mix it with an oil and rub it on your tummy, *Mix with milk and put in your bath, *burn in an oil burner to start labour. But I don't know about those as I don't really think anything STARTS labour. But I do think it's a stimulant that helps your contractions along, especially if you find them becoming regular and then stopping for no reason.
HTH! :flower:

here you go, i have clary sage, but i am not sure after reading a few articles... with it apparently being an anti spasmodic...
here is one of those articles.. https://www.organicfacts.net/health...lth-benefits-of-clary-sage-essential-oil.html

will try and find some others xxx

apparently, a good pizza with lots of basil, oregano etc is meant to work wonders.... now me n my sonewere gonna make some little homemade pizzas for lunch today... might have to put extra herbs on mine, lol

Morning everyone!

Here are the details for Paiytonsmummy - congrats again hun!! Can't believe this is it now, our full term time has begun :)

Mason James, born on 13/01/2011, at 08.33am, weighing 6 pound 2 ounces.

brilliant! i am so pleased everything went ok for her!
how many weeks was baby born at?

i have been getting niggly pains all morning... sounds weird but when Ben had hiccups earlier i could feel them in my butt he is that far down, lol.
im gonna take a walk to tesco soon with my son. i need to get 2 birthday cards anyway but im just feeling restless.
had the diarrhea again this morning too... grrrrr, fed up now, lol. just having lots of proper egg white discharge too. sorry, TMI xx
my sis is still texting me to scrub the kitchen floor, lol, atleast i can say my bathroom is now almost surgically clean from last night, lol.

Ah thats a lovely name!

I'm feeling rubbish today. My pulse is really quick from just sitting on my arse. I keep thinking about going back to bed, but that thought is quickly gone when I think of what I have to do...............

I also thought about packing my hospital bag..........i'm going to stay with my brother this weekend which is 50 miles away and thought if anything does happen the thought of OH having to get my stuff ready scares me! Not that anything will happen tbh.

Last night OH said to me "its going to be crowded cos theres 4 of us in the room when you go to hospital" (news to me!) So I asked who, then he said us and our mums. Straightaway I said that we are only allowed 2 birthing partners in the room so how could we choose. Then he told me he didnt know if he could handle it.........me in pain and all that. I was shocked! So now I kind of feel like I have to be as quiet and relaxed as I can to show I am not in pain to make the experience easier for him.
Also, with my first my mum said she couldnt be in the room with me cos it would break her heart to see me in pain.........I don't know if it had anything to do with my age, so I don't know if she would still be the same now. lol. I don't know if I am being selfish with OH mum, I think the world of her, but I just feel like i'd be a bit vulnerable with all that will be happening. x

brilliant! i am so pleased everything went ok for her!
how many weeks was baby born at?

i have been getting niggly pains all morning... sounds weird but when Ben had hiccups earlier i could feel them in my butt he is that far down, lol.
im gonna take a walk to tesco soon with my son. i need to get 2 birthday cards anyway but im just feeling restless.
had the diarrhea again this morning too... grrrrr, fed up now, lol. just having lots of proper egg white discharge too. sorry, TMI xx
my sis is still texting me to scrub the kitchen floor, lol, atleast i can say my bathroom is now almost surgically clean from last night, lol.

i think she was 36 +5 and I think they're coming home today :)

Just looked on front page and he was due 5th Feb, so pretty much 37 weeks.

I have been getting period like cramps all this week too. x

snap, i cant get rid of them or this frigging back pain! it keeps coming and going in waves and driving me nuts, plus my legs are throbbing, shooting pains galore. they just feel so heavy. but still gonna go for a walk soon after i have dropped Bub off at nursery, going to go to tesco which is about half mile walk. i just want to see if walking will make them feel better.
im so glad everything went ok for her, when she gonna put pics on BnB?? lol

Ohhhh I wish I could go at 37 weeks, that would be amazing. Totally selfish yes. But hey if she comes of her own accord then she was ready! hahaha. Sadly I think I'll be one of the last ones left in this thread.

Paiytonsmummy I'm so happy for you!! His name is super cute and he sounds really healthy which of course is the best thing ever! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->