***February Lovebugs 2011 - 3rd tri*** 10 girls and 9 boys born

Winegums, have you seen "the business of being born"? It's an American documentary about birth norms here. V. interesting and talks about some of these things too.

yes exactly.. this is what i don't understand - the way to 'avoid c section as much as possible' would be to NOT induce unless there was a medical reason...

i know it is very different in the US to the UK and I think we are VERY lucky here to have the NHS and fully qualified midwives that have had minimum of 3 years education and a degree and the option of hospitals, home births, or birth centers for most of us...

people complain about our midwives a LOT but i love the fact they practice evidence based care and generally will not do anything that could cause adverse outcomes unless it is medically important
Can't remember if I've asked you before - are you going to Guildford or Frimley Park? I too want to avoid induction and was pleased to find out that it's done 12 days late at Frimley. At least that's what they told us at the antenatal class.

Hi ladies well i am still here and still pregnant this baby is confusing my body start then stop start the stop.. Going to MWs Monday to ask for advice its hard to do 5-6 hours of contractions every day with OH at work and the kids running around allthow he is still moving well so glad he is happy and healthy and guess time will tell.
How is every 1 ?, Big congrats felicity hun and really really hope Franki has had bubs its come so quick girls :) xxxx

Oh no worries, I know it's nothing against me at all :) I guess I just see it as a practice that has also changed with time and medicinal changes. My mom and I have talked a lot about it, too, and when she was induced for medical reasons with one of my sisters, it was much different than how they are going to go about things for me. It's interesting how much each country varies. I honestly wish I lived somewhere where midwives had to be educated, and where other methods of birthing were looked into more and accepted. It's strange how much things can vary.
It definitely does depend on your doctor here... unfortunately there are a lot of them that are only in it for money. That is why my sister feels most comfortable going to my doctor rather than a different one in our state. He truly is an exceptional doctor, who fully participates in medical research as new things develop. He is also very actively involved with his patients, and is well worth waiting sometimes 3 hours to see :)

yea its nothing against you , its just not the norm in the uk so i guess its hard for us to understand.

I know some of you are using cloth nappies... i have a couple of ebay cheapies - 'baby land' that i want rid of since i will be using disposables. I'm selling a weenotions and blueberry but cba with the ebay ones just want postage for them... they both have never been worn as by the time they arrived i had already given up... and they both come with the inserts they came with. one is red one is yellow.

any takers just for the price of postage? xxx

yes hun course i'll wrap and weigh them tomorrow and let you know, will probably be just a couple of £s xxx

oh sorry hun forgot i started a thread earlier with them on the buy section and said someone could have them for a fiver! i feel bad now :( sorry!!!!

Hello girls hope ur all ok. I'm on my phone so its hard to type just wanted to update u cuz i haven't been on for a while: booked in on my due date which is 2 wks tday to b induced. Had a stretch and sweep yest OUTCH and last night was having strong painfull contractsions for 6 hours they got to 6 mins apart than fizzled out. Today ive had a few niggles and have loads and loads of Goo coming our propper nasty rsng hoso and they said its the plug. In bed at mo and back is hurting again like last night had one or two contracsions but not reg like last night. Really feel like my body is trying to go inti labour just wish it wud then I wudent need to b induced cant b dealing with these contrations there v painfull and its so disheartening when they stop. X

Due date: 02/02/11 team yellow, turned pink on 20/01/11 at 18:36 38weeks +1 weighing 6lb 7oz Update more when I am more awake xxx

Oh felicity congrats hun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xxxxxx

where is franki btw?!?! has anyone got her number? text her!!

No sadly not they wont do it b4 my due date i was booked in for 4 days past my due date but begged to bring it forward because of spd pain and they have now brought it forward to my due date 3rd Feb. But really hoping he cones sooner so wont have to b induced. In a lot of pain tonight w8t my bacj and having contracsions again but thete far apart at mo like every 20 mins the back pain is constant but becomes more intense wit the contrracsion. Hust need them to keep coming and not stop and get closser together. Or even better waters break. Gosh my back hurts x

Aww, dd29, I hope you find relief soon!! :( I could imagine how uncomfortable you must be... Hang in there, hopefully your little one will be here sooner!! :)

That is actually another reason I'm going to be induced 5 days before my due date... because I went from 112 lbs to 164 lbs (52 lbs gained), it's causing a lot of back pain because of my scoliosis. All of my contractions so far are in my back, too, so that just makes it more painful :(

And awww, congrats Felicity!!! Can't wait to see pictures!!! :D

Epidurals raise chances of C-sections too and here, in Illinois, the law is that from the second the doctor claims you need a section, that baby has to be out in 45 minutes. My hospital claims to have it down in 30. All Anesthesiologists (i tried to spell it lmao! :haha:) live within 20 minutes of the hospital and if theyre not there within 20 minutes of being called they lose their jobs!!!

Anyway, thats not what I was goingh to talk about lol. I was going to say that epidurals raise chances of c-sections mostly when given too early. I think they want women to wait until approx. 4cm am I correct?? My hospital gives them as early as 2-3 cm!!!! If I NEED an epidural (Im planning not to have one) Im sure hoping I can wait until much after 2-3 cm! That seems so early, but then again I've never been in labor so I might have too high of hopes :haha:

Congrats! Yay a new baby! Can't wait to see pictures of her!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->