***February Lovebugs 2011 - 3rd tri*** 10 girls and 9 boys born

Ooo I just done one big bag.........with everything in.

Do you think I should do them separately? Like one for baby, one for Labour and one for after the birth?

How have other people done there's? x

I just have one big one for me during and after labour, one for baby, and a small little one for DH with a nice outfit for when we take pictures and for discharge, and then a pair of his work clothes so he can spend the night with me and still go to work the next day. (Plus his body soap, deoderant etc.)

iv got a labour/hossy bag and im usin bubs nappy bag for all her stuff..im takin plastic bags though so i can put it the dirty clothes or wet from the bath in there so dp can wash them or chuck em out lol..

mummy to be..i had that the other night i was so annoyed when they went away lol..frustrating!

iv got a labour/hossy bag and im usin bubs nappy bag for all her stuff..im takin plastic bags though so i can put it the dirty clothes or wet from the bath in there so dp can wash them or chuck em out lol..

mummy to be..i had that the other night i was so annoyed when they went away lol..frustrating!

I agree with the plastic bags, my mom taught me this when I used to go to sleepovers and I will definitely be using this tactic in my hospital bag!

Congrats FelicityJade...can't wait to see the piccies! Well done you!

Sounds like there's quite a few creeping labours going on Mummytobe and MummyMadness, fingers crossed things pick up for you both, it must be tiring!

No news from Franki...this must be it then! Woohoo!

Ooo I just done one big bag.........with everything in.

Do you think I should do them separately? Like one for baby, one for Labour and one for after the birth?

How have other people done there's? x

My god, I'm a nightmare, I've re-packed mine about 10 times now!!! When I went on my labour ward tour they actually said keep the bags quite small because of storage so what I've got may seem excessive, but there's method in my madness!
1 bag for me during labour, 1 bag for me afterwards (will stay in the car, and OH can go and fetch it when I'm ready for it, and swap with labour bag), 1 bag for bubs, and a little bag with extra blankets/babygros should we need more (again which can stay in the car until its needed). OH is a bit rubbish and probably wouldn't find half the stuff I needed so I thought it best to cover all eventualities, maybe I'm a little bit of a control freak? Idk :blush:

it is frustrating isnt it!!!! GRRRRRR i am glad that i am not the only one going through this but lol

I have 1 bigish bag for Dustin and I, then a bag for Allan (hubby). I also have Layla's bag packed with her bed as well in the car ready to be dropped off at our freinds place.

We are only intenting to spend max 1 night in hospital so we want to be home pretty quickly. of course providing that everything goes well...

have 1 holdall with everything in for me and bubs i have packed stuff for after labour at the bottom and stuff for durin labour nearer the top , i am a minimal packer esp after doin it twice before and knowin i took too much, hubby can always bring in anything i forgot.

I have a holdall for me and a small suitcase for bubs

Oh Damn, I forgot about Eve's bag. lol.

And I think I am going to re-pack my bag into smaller separate ones. Thinking about it I would get annoyed having to route through the big case for something I wanted for labour.

Wiiwidow, I like your idea of leaving stuff in the car. I think I will re-pack bearing that in mind. Don't worry I am exactly the same. It would scare me to have to leave it to OH. lol. x

Ley I just had a quick look at your journel to see how your appointment went with consultant. Who is your consultant? She sounds horrible! And why wouldnt she let you have a home birth? Even I had the option of home birth? :-S

I don't know her name, she's an asian lady but thats all I know really.
She says she won't let me birth at home because of my irregular heartbeat even though the consultant cardiologist said it would be fine as I have had 2 natural births before with no problems.
It's been suggested by others that me birthing at home would be much better for my mental health as I would be comfortable in my environment and everything (I've suffered with severe depression and anxiety since I was a teen) but she shrugged off my mental health problems like they just weren't important.

the midwife we saw afterwards was lovely though, completely the opposite of the consultant, she made me feel really at ease. I think her name was Lesley.

Ley I just had a quick look at your journel to see how your appointment went with consultant. Who is your consultant? She sounds horrible! And why wouldnt she let you have a home birth? Even I had the option of home birth? :-S

Yeah, Ley...I was wondering how your scan and consultant visit had gone too? x

Yeah, Ley...I was wondering how your scan and consultant visit had gone too? x

Copied from my journal

Hey, scan went ok, I have a little bit too much fluid but it isn't anything to worry about. Baby is fine, has a mahoosive head but all my babies have big heads.
She's also definitely still a girl.

Consultant appointment was a waste of bloody time. They were running late and she walked into the room, took one look at me, said baby is fine see you later.
I just burst out crying as I felt completely let down. I was supposed to be getting some answers and my anxiety has been out of control.
She asked me why I was crying so I tried to explain everything to her and she cold shouldered everything.
I said I was worried about fast labour/transport to hospital/childcare etc....
I asked for a home birth but she said no I have to come to hospital, so again I explained all my difficulties with transport etc and she shrugged it all off.

Eventually she offered me an induction date for the day before my due date but made me feel horrible for accepting it, basically telling me I was putting baby at risk and being selfish. She also told me if the induction fails they will not be giving me a section. I told her I didn't want a section but by this point I was a complete wreck from the way she made me feel.

She left the room and a really nice midwife came in, she talked to me for ages about my situation and she really understood. She said she could see how unreasonable the consultant was being and even said consultant booked the induction for then knowing with my previous history that chances are I won't make it.

Anyway, she basically said (without actually saying the exact words because she could lose her job) that I should just stay at home anyway and call the hospital when it's too late to go in. So then I will get my homebirth without technically "planning" it.

My consultant (who I never saw) had a double barrel surname, but dont remember her name. My sis said she was very "by the book" Could be totally different people though.

So your cardiologist said its ok but the obstetrics one said no. It is your decision at the end of the day. Its like shes telling you to put yourself in a place which is going to make you feel worse?!

Did Lesley have blondey coloured hair and about in her 40's? x

OMG Ley, that's AWFUL!!! I can't believe how insensitive and rude she was to you!!! Is there any chance you can ask to see another consultant? Not sure if that would help, but god! I'd also be tempted to send a letter of complaint as to your treatment, just because it's the NHS does NOT mean that they have the right to talk to you like that and make you feel so totally awful. I am disgusted!

Unfortunately it does appear that what the midwife suggested may be your best option, but what a shame you have to be made to feel like that first and that the mw had to be underhand to get there! :shrug:

Hugs :hugs:

consultants are pointless hun! mine told me that i would need to be laying flat on the bed strapped to a monitor...

when i explained to her i actually know and understand about ctgs and continuous monitoring and that actually i can mobilise as far as the wires allow with continous monitoring she was quite shocked and said 'oh, well, errr, most women just lay in bed when monitored..'

luckily you had a nice midwife, don't forget consultants aren't there to tell you what to do (though they think they are) they are there to advise you and give you their opinions which you don't have to take. If they give you a hard time for not agreeing with them speak to a midwife, or head midwife or supervisor of midwives and they will make sure you get what you want/need

xxx

what a crappy consultant hun, I think maybe MWs suggestion is best lol :).

Rach glad u finally got bag done girl lol, I have 1 huge holdel with all mine and bubs stuff in as well as a change of clothes for OH even remembered to charge camera today and put it in .

Mummytobe hun thats Exact!!! as what happened to me , Its soooo frustrating to get prepeared mentally for it all happening then for it to just stop i still have faith will be in tne next week :).

Night girls xxxx

Thanks everyone,

Rach, Lesley was dark haired so probably not the same person.

She did suggest contacting my community midwife and asking to see a different consultant but she said that consultants don't like to go against each others decisions because it causes arguments.

For now my plan is to stay at home, my mum is going to come over here when labour kicks off properly and then if I feel I need to go to hospital before it's too late I can call an ambulance and she can watch my girls.
If I do birth in hospital though I am going to ask to come home asap.

and yes cardiologist said home birth would be fine but obstetric consultant said no.

I wouldn't be having this much anxiety about it all if it wasn't for the fact that my last labour was so so fast. If I had normal length labours then I wouldn't be worried but dd2 was born in 45 minutes and I live 30 minutes from the hospital.

winegums, i told mine I didnt want to be strapped to the bed the whole time and wanted to walk about the room, and she seemed ok with it and said they could stick the monitoring thing on his head. have u been given that option?x

At the end of the day its not the consultants decision, its yours. You live in Thetford don't you? There is an ambulance station there, which is high priority for the area to be covered, so fingers crossed someone would get to you quickly if it comes to it. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->