***February Lovebugs 2011 - 3rd tri*** 10 girls and 9 boys born

rachael thats the monitoring i mean, some midwives/consultants dont tell you that you can walk around... as it is easier for them to do vaginal exams etc when you are laying down - it also makes the readings clearer on the machines....

i.e. woman laying down = makes their lives easier

not all of them do it! but mine tried to, until i told her i know how they work lol.

I think I'm not going to have monitoring now anyway, I may let them do it for 10-15mins to get a baseline reading but after that i'll just do intermittant monitoring every 15minutes or so with a sonicaid... i've done my research and they can't force me..

Yeah I defo don't want to be strapped to the bed. I'm going to say the same, for intermittent monitoring. To be honest, not moving from the bed the first time round contributed to my failure to progress so im not keen to repeat my mistakes. X

like a doppler thingie... so instead of having a ctg constantly on you, every 10 or 15 minutes they check the heartbeat with a handheld machine and check to see if it's changed at all from the other readings xxx

Wow, what a sucky experience! :( Hopefully everything goes smoothly for you regardless. :hugs:

As far as hospital bags go, I packed one pretty small suitcase that has two compartments covered with a zipper section on each side... One side has her things in it (a couple different sized outfits just in case, a couple blankets, bows, etc..) and the other has my stuff (a couple different pairs of "comfy pants" to come home in, a couple different shirts for bed time and for on my way home, toiletries in case I decide to shower or have to stay more than a night or two...), and in the front of the case I have a separate compartment with nursing pads, giant nighttime always pads, a small thing of wipes, and a crossword book (hehe)... I tried to keep mine kind of minimal..

My mom has the camera (video and still) in her purse at all times "just in case" and I have a small list of last minute things to grab for either me (if I'm home when it happens) or my dad to get. He and my younger sister offered to gather the things for me that I can't put in ahead of time (like my laptop, my phone charger, my tooth brush and tooth paste, my hair brush.. things like that...)....

Hi ladies :)
Guess what... one of my Guinea Pigs had her babies today :)
And i actually got to witness it :) She has had 3 so far! They are soooo cute! i now have 6 baby guinea pigs this month!
She was so great during the labour/birth! i am super jealous! just wish that it was me!! Well me with just 1 not 3 of them lol :)

How is everyone??? Anymore babies from us ladies???

Oh mummytobe, thats so sweet :)

I had guinea pigs when I was younger and I loved it when one of them has her babies.

Maybe its a sign for you ;-)

awww do you have any pics?? I love baby animals

37 weeks today, operation eviction has begun!

awww do you have any pics?? I love baby animals

37 weeks today, operation eviction has begun!

Hey well done on getting to 37 weeks, and baaaaaa to your consultant!! You do whatever you think is right hun...perhaps get some shower curtains in for a homebirth :haha:

i log in and no one has given birth ..come on haha !

well except for the guinea pigs - bless.

i had such a crap nights sleep , uti which had calmed down to bearable decided to strike me in the night so i was up about 6 times , then i started panicking as i hadnt felt the baby move so didnt really sleep at all. she has moved about this morning so im sure all is fine , but usually at night she protests at how i am lying and last nght she didnt was odd so im on movement watch today bit paranoid lol .

Just to let UK people know, I checked the government website and saw that I wasn't eligible for the sure start grant.

However we are having lots of money issues atm and thought sod it it's worth a try...

Lo and behold got a letter the other day saying they've looked at my circumstances and have put £500 in my bank account!

So just thought I'd mention it to you all - it's worth a try and the form only took me about 5 minutes to fill out!

xxx

p.s. I really want to spend it on baby stuff but I think it will be better in the long run to pay off the rest of the money I owe on my old credit card - i will FINALLY be debt free which I'm super excited about... I've been paying debts off for over 2 years now one at a time and my nightmares will finally be over :)

I have been working on the eviction process for a week now. I think she is stubborn like her dad and just doesn't want to come out. I have a feeling she isn't going to come out this weekend either. I bet I'll be at the doctors on monday getting a sweep done.

I was very close to tears last night because LO was kicking the crud outta my ribs. She usually doesn't kick them too hard anymore, but DH had his hand on me while we were laying there, and BAM. It hurt SO bad....and every time the pain would go away and I'd almost fall asleep, she'd kick really hard again! My belly had a huge lump sticking out when I woke up this morning, so I can only hope she was turning anterior, but OUCH! I also had dreams to accompany what she was doing - I had dreams that she was pushing her foot out so hard, I could see the entire outline of it through my stomach - I was taking pictures of it on my cell phone in the dream... Lol

Just to let UK people know, I checked the government website and saw that I wasn't eligible for the sure start grant.

However we are having lots of money issues atm and thought sod it it's worth a try...

Lo and behold got a letter the other day saying they've looked at my circumstances and have put £500 in my bank account!

So just thought I'd mention it to you all - it's worth a try and the form only took me about 5 minutes to fill out!

xxx

p.s. I really want to spend it on baby stuff but I think it will be better in the long run to pay off the rest of the money I owe on my old credit card - i will FINALLY be debt free which I'm super excited about... I've been paying debts off for over 2 years now one at a time and my nightmares will finally be over :)

hey that is great Winegums, and paying off the debt helps bubs anyway, so good good good :)

Well i went to lok at a cotbed in Barbies r us thius morning...didn't see the one (which i was going to buy online at mothercare!!) but saw another nice one reduced from £200 to £100, so i just bought it! Now hubby has to get it out of the car :haha:

I'm off to put a shelf n baby's wardrobe now...for her 17 packs of nappies!!!

haha nice one , my cot bed was from babies r us over 5 years ago and still going strong and looks as good as the day we bought it. your 17 packs of nappies reminds me i have 36 packs of wipes to put away haha.

all i have to buy now is a playmat and bottles if i need them.

i had a nice nappy delivery this morning so i need to get washing them all i suppose . i am so in love with my new wetbag though its gorgeous

I love eBay I have a load of stuff to collect - baby Einstein play mat gum thing new in packet £2.50, mamas and papas starlight swing perfect condition £10, Lamaze spin and explore basically new £6 and a bunch of Mothercare, baby k, gap, h&m etc clothes for £7.mob and cot bedding set mobile, bumper, sheets, blankets, quilt etc on that cute mothercare please look after me range for £5! Yay xxx

ooh nice one winegums , there is never anythng nearby me anygood , well i got my carrycot attachment for my buggy cheap actually , ooh cot mobile i dont have one of them anymore good job you mentioned that , ds 2 ripped the one we had off and smashed it - he is a desctructive child lol

Still no news from franki hope all is ok :hugs:

I'm back getting sick today it has me wore out :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back