***February Lovebugs 2011 - 3rd tri*** 10 girls and 9 boys born

I hate driving now, my legs are short so the wheel digs into me, and most of the time lifting my leg up and down on and off the clutch feels like I'm ripping my pelvis apart.. Unfortunately my OH doesn't drive and neither do my nan or mum so to do anything or visit any family I don't really have much option. I could get a bus but round here no one gives up seats when your old or pregnant or disabled and they get packed so I'd be all squished up against the door with my son!

Actually that reminds me did I tell you about recently when I was on the tube and someone got off at a stop so I went to sit in her seat and this guy shoved me out of the way to get to the seat first and sat smirking at me! Oh I love london lol..

what a prick !

Clare, I hope the poor baby isn't born on due date with that name. Lol.

Wine, u should have sat on his lap! What a bloody cheek! Don't they have chairs reserved for pregnant/elderly/disabled on tubes?

I'm still driving. I'm not finding it a problem. Only getting in and out of the car. Normally I have a weird habit of squeezing into the tightest of spaces. I think i do it just to prove to myself I can fit my car anywhere. Well that causes a problem now I'm pregnant cos I can't just squeeze out, so I now just park really far away where no cars r and think to myself the walk will do me good. Lol.

That documentary "business of being born" was a shocker and an eye opener! It is basically on how drs took over delivering babies at the beginning of the centuary trying to make midwives look dirty and incompetent. But it's all on how it is a business - hense the title. And how it took away natural births. If anyone wants me to email it to them I will. It's an mp4 file. 1.5gb. Hopefully it will email that size. If not I can try and winzip it. :-s

yeh the chairs nearest the doors have a sticker over the top with a picture of a pregnant lady and someone in a wheelchair! these city men just don't give a crap lol

lots of sex last night but nothing not a twinge :( OH phoned me today asking if anythings happening - i would phone if it was trust me! lol

Bit peed off with his work as they said they want himto go on paternity leave tomorrow! basically another member of staff has book a holiday for a couple of weeks time and they don't want them both off at once!!!!!! well he should have thought of that before he booked a bloody holiday shouldn't he? I've only been pregnant ohhh 9 months and he booked the holiday about 2 months ago!!!!!!

I said I'm only a couple of days overdue it could be over a week before this baby decides to come out and you think i want HALF of your paternity leave wasted before the baby is even here just to please your boss? erm no way!

i agree wine , i told my hubby not to take his till the baby is born , no point wasting it . unless he has to take it for some reason like getting my eldest to and from school ive told him not to even take it if im being induced as could be a couple of days.

well my friend didnt have her baby , she had pains every 5 mins for 2 hours then nothing so now she has a section booked for wednesday if nothings happened by then as she was VBAC and they wont induce her

yeh the chairs nearest the doors have a sticker over the top with a picture of a pregnant lady and someone in a wheelchair! these city men just don't give a crap lol

lots of sex last night but nothing not a twinge :( OH phoned me today asking if anythings happening - i would phone if it was trust me! lol

Bit peed off with his work as they said they want himto go on paternity leave tomorrow! basically another member of staff has book a holiday for a couple of weeks time and they don't want them both off at once!!!!!! well he should have thought of that before he booked a bloody holiday shouldn't he? I've only been pregnant ohhh 9 months and he booked the holiday about 2 months ago!!!!!!

I said I'm only a couple of days overdue it could be over a week before this baby decides to come out and you think i want HALF of your paternity leave wasted before the baby is even here just to please your boss? erm no way!

I thought they did wine.............bloody men!

Do you have a midwife appointment before your consultant appointment? x

i agree wine , i told my hubby not to take his till the baby is born , no point wasting it . unless he has to take it for some reason like getting my eldest to and from school ive told him not to even take it if im being induced as could be a couple of days.

well my friend didnt have her baby , she had pains every 5 mins for 2 hours then nothing so now she has a section booked for wednesday if nothings happened by then as she was VBAC and they wont induce her

When was her baby due?

Hopefully it will make an appearance before Wednesday! x

sorry to hear about that virginia hope LO comes soon
good luck 1sttime...bet you can't wait :)
wine that guy on the tube...what a knob!! some people are soo inconsiderate!!
eve hope your friends baby decides to arrive before then :)

Omg can't believe that fella done that WINE I would of went mad :(

One of the girls at the school went into labour today last I hear she was 2cem won't know till tomorr how she got on, babies been born everywhere I look apart from my baba must be very cosy :haha:

Clare, I hope the poor baby isn't born on due date with that name. Lol.

Wine, u should have sat on his lap! What a bloody cheek! Don't they have chairs reserved for pregnant/elderly/disabled on tubes?

I'm still driving. I'm not finding it a problem. Only getting in and out of the car. Normally I have a weird habit of squeezing into the tightest of spaces. I think i do it just to prove to myself I can fit my car anywhere. Well that causes a problem now I'm pregnant cos I can't just squeeze out, so I now just park really far away where no cars r and think to myself the walk will do me good. Lol.

That documentary "business of being born" was a shocker and an eye opener! It is basically on how drs took over delivering babies at the beginning of the centuary trying to make midwives look dirty and incompetent. But it's all on how it is a business - hense the title. And how it took away natural births. If anyone wants me to email it to them I will. It's an mp4 file. 1.5gb. Hopefully it will email that size. If not I can try and winzip it. :-s

Hey do you think I could get that from you? [email protected]. :flower:

As for driving I'm still seem to be doign it just fine which is a real relief. Hubby doesn't drive so if I couldn't I don't know what we would do.

MiL was over this weekend and go figure I was having lower period pain type braxton hicks and quite a lot of intense back ones. So all I got from her the whole time was.. are you going? Are you in labour? Don't you dare go into labour when I leave. :dohh:

Wine: WTF?! I would have smacked him or completely gone off the deep end to get him to move. When we were in London I would stand directly infront of those disabled seats and stare the person down until they moved. They got the hint, hahaha.

I'm sure there's more that has happened but it's just so hard to keep up!

When was her baby due?

Hopefully it will make an appearance before Wednesday! x

she was due yesterday hopefully he comes tonight or tomo for her

I hope so! So are they only letting her go a couple of days overdue and then for the section?

Jenni...........as I thought the file is too big, so I am trying to compress it. First time I have tried this so fingers crossed. x

I hope so! So are they only letting her go a couple of days overdue and then for the section?

Jenni...........as I thought the file is too big, so I am trying to compress it. First time I have tried this so fingers crossed. x

well originally she was supposed to get the section on the 6th if hadnt had him but she had to stay in overnight last night and they decided wednesday .. idk :shrug:

As for driving, I am still doing it.. Though if it's for a far distance, I feel better having someone in the car with me, or avoiding it... just in case :p Luckily my seat adjusts enough that I can reach the pedals without bumping the steering wheel in my car, but in my sister's truck, I haven't been able to fit behind the wheel for over a month because of how far back her clutch is..
I feel bad for her when she is that far along!! But lucky for her, her fiance's car should be fixed by then, and she'll be able to drive that instead... Fx for her :p

And yes, I'm VERY excited!! I was barely able to sleep last night, so I know I'll have a hard time tonight!! hahaha

Oooo wine i woulda smacked that guy then belly bounced him off the seat ha ha ha ..

Sorry your still having pains but irregular 1sttimemom

I am still driving my OH doesnt so i need to its a little difficult but not impossible yet and i am trying to walk where possible.

I am having no pains but just have a gut feeling i am not all to many days away from having him we shall see lol. xxx

I have a feeling my ticker is going to say "I should be here by now" lol.

Jenniflower it didnt work :-( By reducing the file it made it go down 1mb! So I can't make it small enough to send. But it should be available to stream off the internet, if you just type the title in google and put streaming............it should hopefully come up with something. x

I haven't been able to drive for a while...I can't reach the pedals without the seat being almost all the way forward...and the steering wheel more than cuts into my belly...

I *thought* I was having a contraction last night when I got up to use the bathroom. I had a pain in my lower back and a pain in the front kind of like a menstrual cramp...but it didn't really disappear until I laid down...so I guess it was just my normal back pain...my lower back seems to start hurting almost as soon as I get outta bed until the time I lay back down (and then I have horrible pelvic pain and upper back pain in place of the lower back pain...lol)

I have a feeling my ticker is going to say "I should be here by now" lol.

Jenniflower it didnt work :-( By reducing the file it made it go down 1mb! So I can't make it small enough to send. But it should be available to stream off the internet, if you just type the title in google and put streaming............it should hopefully come up with something. x

Thanks for trying Rachael I'll give it a look up.

Virginia: I don't know exactly what your back pain felt like but I asked my midwife about this and she said braxton hicks can sometimes just feel like constant period/lower back pain. She said a good way of telling the difference is that a real contraction should come as a wave. But that the braxton hicks are still good to have because it means lots is happening! :happydance:

How can your boss want you to take paternity leave before your baby is born??? Eh? Hello? The word 'Paternity' implies fatherhood!... F'in eejits!!

I haven't been able to drive for a while...I can't reach the pedals without the seat being almost all the way forward...and the steering wheel more than cuts into my belly...

I *thought* I was having a contraction last night when I got up to use the bathroom. I had a pain in my lower back and a pain in the front kind of like a menstrual cramp...but it didn't really disappear until I laid down...so I guess it was just my normal back pain...my lower back seems to start hurting almost as soon as I get outta bed until the time I lay back down (and then I have horrible pelvic pain and upper back pain in place of the lower back pain...lol)

I thought my cramps may have been contraction too but the nurse at my OB said my stomach will get rock hard and u cant miss it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->