***February Lovebugs 2011 - 3rd tri*** 10 girls and 9 boys born

I was then logging in to see how wines appointment went...............? x

Reflexology was great the lady was lovely and feel really relaxed now!

Got a phone call from hospital this morning Iv been trying to get hold Of my consultant to discuss induction andthey phoned today to say my induction is cancelled for tomorrow - i have to go in for monitoring and thurs have appointment with my consultant! I spoke to the midwife in the MAU where I'm being monitored tomorrow and she said she will do another sweep at the same time xxx

Re reflexology she said that it may not do anything especially as its only one session but it should still help my body more balanced and ready...

thats good then wine give you another day or so for baby to come out on his own.

Re reflexology she said that it may not do anything especially as its only one session but it should still help my body more balanced and ready...

I've heard that before. If it's reasonably priced have you thought about another one in a few days?

you thought about acupuncture ? never had it myself but mom has been having it for a while for a foot problem , she swears by it . anyway her acupuncturist said if i went their for a session around my due date he could help me :S

WOW, Congrats, Virginia! :) Hope everyone else has their little ones in their arms soon!!

glad the reflexology went well winegums...hopefully your little boy will come before they get chance to induce you :) x

i got a present today from the moms at school , there is 5 of us who have all become friendly through our kids being mates at preschool and the 4 of them put together and made me up a basket of goodies , they gave it to me today to cheer me up as i been ill its so cute its all pink ! theres baby bath , shampoo , lotion , wash , talc etc , socks , muslins , a blanket , booties , wipes , a book , a calendar , a photo album , a little cuddly toy and some nappies . I feel quite touched :)

My God she was big! Bless her.

Oh Congratulations Virginia!

Clare I read that post of her birth and thought it was you! lol.

No I'm still here. I found some old pc games the other day and I have been keeping my mind occupied with them.

Clare, when is your next appointment at the midwife?

My sister, who is now 2 days overdue, had her sweep this morning, well attempt. The midwife could hardly reach the cervix, but she could put her finger inside and pull out a little of the plug, so she said hopefully more might come away. Anyway, the midwife also booked her in for induction at N&N and it is next Thursday as its the earliest they could get her in due to being fully booked.
So now it has me wondering about me. I have my appointment tomorrow, haven't got a clue if I can be induced, but if they are filling up quickly..........will I actually be able to get booked in before I go 14 days overdue?

kns, I don't know about keeping a room cooler. Is that what the recommended temperature is? I was looking at heating info this morning, unrelated to babies, and came across something saying babies and elderly to be kept at 23 degrees. I am happier with the recommendation being lower though cos I worry more about the baby being hot.

O/T but does anyone else have their house heated by oil? x

rach,

i have another appointment on Friday, see if she can do a sweep then :shrug: but she booked me in for an induction on the 17th at 9 am anyway...so i might see your sister lol! I assume they would not let you go as far as 14 over anyway? my friend was only allowed to go 10 befiore her (failed) induction.

oh and our house is heated by oil

My thermometer says room should be between 16 - 20, but I guess that then does depend on what you stick on baby! you could always open the window just a crack? As long as the draught wouldn't get him?

We always erred on the side of them being cold, now they run round in the winter in just t-shirts and make me feel freezing lol!!

Rachael they wont want you going over 14 days they will find an induction slot for you somwhere - some people get induction dates booked a week or two before the actual date so many end up giving birth before their induction and the slots become free... if you get me:)

did i mention i should be getting another sweep tomorrow? and i can't afford to keep paying hospital car park silly amounts (was £12 the other day!) so i'm leaving my car at OHs work and walking to the hospital tomorrow so thats half hour extra of walking which may help a bit - since i dont get to go for walks in the evening as i get scared of going alone in the dark and cant bring my OH as my sons asleep...

Just a quick note to say that Lily Jennifer arrived at 1.34 this afternoon weighing 8lb 5 oz. 1 1/2 hour labour. Just gas and air. No stitches. Soooooo painful but she's beautiful xx

Congrats Josie and Virginia (Wow they was right big baby)...

Really hope the reflexology helps things along alongside the Sweep tomorrow Hun , Rach i am sure you are gonna go real real soon hun ..

Corey has Sticky Eye/ Conjunctivitis bless him its real stuck when he tries open them wondering whats caused it . Had him weighed today he has lost abit now he is real tiny 5lb 9 ounces awwwwww and he had his heel prick test bless him . xxxxx

Congrats Josie what a quick labour!

Mummymadness I love your pic lol, my son had that with his eyes it lasted a couple of moaths then just disappeared on it's own!

Xxx

Oh thats great to hear about not going 14 over. Is that something they don't allow to happen to people who have had sections?

Clare, is that the date next Thursday? Are you going the same day as my sister? That would be strange! I can't remember, was it me and you that had our scans on the same day or maybe it was Ley. I can't remember. lol.

Clare, if you don't mind me asking...........how much oil do you use? We are using 500L every 2 months which is working out at £160 a month. Its freakin hard!

Congratulations Josie!! Can't wait to see pics. :)

My OH SIL who had the premature labour scare at 27 weeks, went into labour Sunday and had the baby at 30 weeks. I went to see them today and she is soooooo sweet. She weighed 3lb2oz, but is breathing on her own and so far doing really well. She is tiny but perfect. Has black hair like her mum and dad :)

While I was up the hospital I was jealous of the woman going into the delivery suite clearly in pain. lol.

Also a member of staff came up to me and said "I hope you can tell me that baby was due last week" It made me laugh.

I have my consultant appointment tomorrow and I can't wait!! I really hope they do a sweep. I think i'll actually be devastated if they don't. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->