• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

February mummies 2011 <3

Ley I love the kissy face photo.

That's how I'm feeling at the moment. I feel so happy but like I've been hit by a train at the same time. I have to take a nap just to do the washing up. Lol.

Is anyone else not looking forward to when oh go back to work? It's been so great and he's been so helpful I really don't want him to go back :-(

Lol I know what you mean - a nap to do the washing up is about right!!

Breast pads - am going through loads of them I leak all the time! Apparently this settles down at about 6 weeks along with everything else so you'll not need them indefinitely!!

Ley cute kissy photo I love it :)

Wine I know how you feel I had 2 huge tears internally and a substantial episiotomy which I subsequently split! I'd say only in the last few days have I started to feel a tiny bit better down there. I seriously had car crash fanny it was a mess! Again I reckon by our 6 week check things should be looking up as it were. Just keep up the painkillers and lavender baths and teatree oil washes and am sure you'll heal really well. :) oh and the mattress maternity pads helped cushion it for me :)

I really appreciate how lucky I am with O being able to latch tho he is a fussy latcher. Have you tried lying down with him next to you I find it much easier much less stressful and nicer on your bits not to have to sit on them! You can position him right in front of your nipple then and I found it easier to get him to latch that way. Oh and are you using lansinoh cream on your nipples :)

As you said tho if you can't do it then you tried and you got some of the most important stuff in him and that's great going :)

I just wish I could get some more sleep tho! OH has been back at work now since last wed and tho we're lucky cos he can work from home and my mum is staying this week I still miss him like crazy and he misses us poor boy. I am dreading next week tho! Eek all on my own then!!

Hi-Ya ladies! How are you all????
Gosh i am glad to be over here in the parenting section now :)

Is anyone else feeling like a walking dummy / bottle/ baby carrier / zombie!!!
Dustin has been so great up untill today! today he has been feeding every hour!!!! it sucks! He is soooo sooky!! he is nothing like what Layla was like and i am really feeling it this time around :( Is it normal?
Luckily Allan (OH) is home till Monday so he has been an absolute god send to me and Layla!! he is such an amazing help! i love him soooooo much!!!!!

I am yet to write my birth story cause i cant be bothered to do it with one hand hahahah :)

Well here are some pics of our little man..
Born 12th Feb 10.46pm. :D

Attachments

• Dustin Feb 2011 014.jpg
    Dustin Feb 2011 014.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 0
  • Dustin Feb 2011 031.jpg
    Dustin Feb 2011 031.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 0
  • iphone pics 2011 064.jpg
    iphone pics 2011 064.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 0
Yep mummytobe that pretty much sums up how I feel. Lol.

I've brought some breast shells - lovely things, well theyre yet to arrive. My main leakage is when Lennie is feeding and the other boob let down. So I'm going to wear that while I feed to save on all the pads.

I also fed Lennie laying down. Helps with getting him to latch on better and I don't get covered in milk.

I had a new midwife come visit this morning. I want my old one back. Lol. :-(

Lennie was weighed this morning and he has put on 80g. Which is er Nearly 3oz I think? So I'm happy with that. I'm glAd he's putting on weight. He also still jaundiced. That goes with feeding. So she told me to keep feeding him regulary. Er yes of course! And she told
Me to get him outside in light. Ive been taking him out everyday but I didn't bother saying cos it just felt like it wouldn't have been enough. She just made me feel a bit pants reAlly. Like I wasn't good enough. X

awww wine i hope you feel a bit more refreshed soon, All the photos are adorable :).
Coreys eyes nearly completley back to normal today whooo bless him its lovely to finally see his deep blue eyes .. Hows every one today ?, Its my first day alone today OH went back to work 10am this morning dropping finnley at pre school with other 2 in the car was fun lol. xxxxxx

had my little holly weighed today she has lost 7oz but they didnt seem fussed , they are comin back monday to weigh her again :)

aww eve that's ok it can be up to 10% before they worry can't it? my son lost a lot of weight when he was little, born wearing newborn clothes and within a couple of weaks he was wearing premature baby clothes :(

Midwife coming tomorrow so hopefully joshua will be weighed but eats soooooo much i'm sure he will be fine LOL. Still struggling breastfeeding, managed to get him to latch twice today (but only when he was asleep) after about 5 mins he woke up properly and pulled away :(

Keep battling in my head whether I should keep perservering or just switch to formula. I find it so hard living with my dad every time i need to feed him i need to go and shut myself in my room, and at the moment my partner is here to look after our toddler but he's going back to work on tuesday and i will somehow need to control a crazy toddler in my non-childproofed bedroom whilst attempting my best to breastfeed.... AND trying to finish coursework as I'm now falling behind etc

Ahhh decisions decisions.. :(

it is hard wine :(
when my hubby goes back im gonna have to get 3 kids up and ready and out the door for 8:40 i have no freakin idea how im gonna manage that atm, i reckon ill be bf her in a sling on the walk to school lmao.

Im dreading that bit eve and I only have the 1 to get to school.

I posted this in postpartum forum but no replies n just wanna know if this is normal for my hips to feel ruined since having Lennie. I have no strength in them. When I'm in the flOor changing Lennie I can't get up, I gotta crawl to something to lift up on. Walking hurts and I hobble. To sit up in bed I use my arms cos again just got no strength in my hips. X

Rachael someone asked something similar in baby club the other day and everyone there said it was normal and it should start to ease after a few days. I wouldn't know cos it took me a few days for my pgp to clear so it was hard to tell what was pgp pain and hip/bum pain. Plus I had a numb bit too which my ms said was probably my coccyx getting bruised during delivery so tbh you never know what's gone on down there! Hope it eases soon for you x

I'm numb down below. My midwife told me to do my pelvic floor exercises but I cant feel what I'm doing. Lol.

Lennie slept 7 hours last night. 12-7. So 7 hours with no feed. I feel really bad he went that long. X

i asked mty midwife about my spd yesterday , its better than when pregnant but still hurts getting in and out of bed/car etc . she said it can take a while for your hormones to settle and get rid of the relaxin (sp) and basically said to not over do it or walk about too much etc.

I cant believe Holly is a week old today - where did that time go !!
Last night she slept from 8-11 had a feed and then went till 5:30 ! our best night yet ..if only i could get her to settle in the moses or a cot or anywhere other than on top of my arm in my bed lmao ..she is a little fuss pot !

Yeah Lennie is the same! His favourite sleeping place is in our arms. Lol. I actually use the Moses basket to wake him up! X

Midwife came today did heel prick and weight, she said don't worry if he's lost a bit of weight it's completely normal and I was like erm I don't think he's lost any weight he's a greedy lol man lol... Sure enough he's gone up to 9lbs!

My spd still hasn't gone and I forgot last night and rolled onto my side and it hurt so bad o couldnt turn round again!!!

Left a message with an nct bfing counsellor today as I really need some support, I think this will be my last attempt to try and get back on track with bfing as it's just messing up my head atm and confusing Joshua :(

do you have a sure start nearby wine - they often have counsellors in . or ring la leche league - they helped me with ds2 when i wa struggling. or on here in the bf forum ?

i spoke to nct breastfeeding counsellor...... she was lovely and really helpful but everything she suggested i was already doing and everything i told her i was doing she said sounded perfect............ argh so frustrated... she gave me the details of a local bfing clinic but its not on till monday

I just don't get it :(

Hi all

My baby girl got weighted today, she was 5lb 10oz and is now 6lb 14oz :dance: I'm so happy as I never had such a small baby before. She slept from 10 till 3, I thought that was brill 5 hrs sleep. My OH went back to work so my mam has been popping around each afternoon and a very good neighbour is bringing DD and DS to school so kind :) :)

I had to go back the Doc today I have a kidney infection on antibiotic and I still have heavy enough bleed but I suppose it's still only 2 wks can't wait till I feel normal again. Stomach still not settled from morning sickness either :(

Wine- fair play to you trying so hard I couldn't get her to latch on at all by myself so had to go onto formula. Hopefully u get help and it works a bit longer for you :hugs:

hi all i managed to get pic in avatar but i cant get them on this :(

ok so my local breastfeeding clinics were either this morning! agrh! or monday afternoon! OH bought me some nipple shields but they don't even fit over my nipples! i think my boobs are broken lol!

had to go to the doctor today to get a prescription for....... piles cream! argh! when i was pushing so hard i got piles ... what an embaressing appointment lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->