• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

February mummies 2011 <3

I'm going to the docs tomorrow for constipation (could that count for not having the strength to push one out? Lol) midwife said if I haven't gone by Friday I need to see doc.

Lennies feeding has been all over the place today from 2pm he was feeding every hour but not for very long. It's only just now I've managed to get a feed for 25 minutes into him.

He also has lots of spots! Ive read it's to do with hormone changes from the birth, and I think my milk, when it spills over his face, hasnt helped either.

Lennies cord came off today! It was a bit infected, so I'm glad it finally off. Couldn't keep it though like I did with dd cos it just looked wet and it smelt :-(

Today is the first day I have actually felt ok! I've done some housework too. Lol. X

boys cords always go manky i think its cus they pee upwards , both my boys were infected but hollys came off on day 3 clean as a whistle ..idk !

constipation .. well ive been ok in that department until last 2 days i can only do half a poo at a time (tmi lol ) so my tummy hurts a bit .

holly has just fed for 45 mins non stop gave her to her dad to get her dressed for bed and she is begging for more ..lets hope it means i get some sleep ...wishful thinking ?

oh wow, I didnt know that about the cord. Makes me feel less guilty I was doing something wrong.

I've just fed Lennie again. lol, same thinking he's stocking up for bed! My nipples are feeling much better now so I don't dread the feeds. x

Hi girls glad every one is well they all look super cute now they are less rinkley looking lol.

Hope the rest of the poor overdue feb mummies go soon.

We had 1st HV appointment today Grrrr she pissed me off talking to me like i dont know what i am doing on baby number 4 !!!! she told me not asked but told me i would be having a weaning visit when he is 4 months old , I dont think so lady !!!.

As for weight not sure how much he weighs until tomorrow when MW comes for final visit she discharged us other day to HV but said as he was still just under birth weight to come check it tomorrow sure he has gained though :).

Glad every ones little bundles are sleeping well Corey does 9pm till 4am every night has since day 2.

I am totally shattered tho as my other little boy (The one that was in hospital in december) Is real real poorly again on sofa bad chest had his inhaler and keeps been sick really really dont want to have him admitted again just so hard with a 2 week old baby aswell bless him really feel for him xxxx

aww mummymadness hope he feels better soon it must be hard work.

a weaning visit - wtf .. i hope i dont get that , i cant stand our local hv they came once with ds2 and i never bothered letting them in again lol .

weaning visit? never heard of that one :S never liked any of my mws or hvs last time round but so far this time they seem to be lovely - although now i've said that....... lol!

Thanks girls i hope Oscar perks up soon i hate to see him ill its only when he is bad its real hard on us him and the other kids :(.

Yes aparently all Mothers need to know how to wean there children on to solida at 4 months (Well since i will not be weaning till at least 6 she can feck off) You honestly would not believe i had 4 children the way she went on today about temps and hats and mittens like i was a prat. xxxxxx

Some of them are idiots they asked me why my son wasn't on solids at 5 months last time, she was like 'what not even rusks??!!' lol

Ha my hv was too much too - what is it do you think it's in the job description or something. I was glad I was bf cos I dread to think what shed have been like if I wasn't. She was so bloody militant. Talked at me for half an hour didn't let me say a word about how I was feeling etc i.e blues and stuff and then left. Honestly a waste of a visit tbh.

O was fine and am lucky he is gaining weight. But we've had a few rough nights with him. Last night he pretty much screamed all night in pain. I think he had a bad tummy but it was so awful. So tired tonight that OH had to give him some formula just so I could sleep.

Hey ladies :) how are you all????

God i am sick of feeling like a walking dummy! Dustin has been feeding every hour today!! SOOOO frustrating. i am not able to re-fil (so to speak lol) and i am not feeling the let down anymore.... i am worried that i am not getting enough to him and that is why he is feeding so often! grrr i hate this breast feeding thing :( i dont really but god it is frustrating at times! i wish it was a little easier at times :(

Dustin is growing up so much! Changing every day..... He is now 6 days old and he has already lost his cord :) Thank god.. there is nothing worse i dont think :( Yuckies!!!!!!! :(

How is everyone doing with their sleeping etc?

Gem, I hope Oscar feels better soon. It must be really hard for you.

I had a rubbish nights sleep but not cos of Lennie. Oh painted bedroom yesterday and so we slept in the lounge on a aired and it was freezing.

Lennies baby acne is still there :-( I hope it doesn't hurt.

Mummytobe when he feeds can u hear him swallowing? X

Rachael - no not really.. that is what makes me think that there isnt enough in there for him... I had to give him a formula bottle this afternoon... just couldnt take being a walking talking dummy and he is out for the count... never seen him this settled and sleepy.. i fed him the bottle, burped him and put him down and he happily sat there and watched the world go by... NOT a change in hell of him going that before hand........ So who knows what is happening :(

well holly fed at 11 , 2 . 4 and 9 this morning ..so not our best night lol . she has just fed again at 11:15 so i think today is growth spurt day here !! due date today too and she is over a week old i cant believe it &#9829;

Last night i couldn't sleep my stitches felt soooo itchy and sore and i was bleeding lots :(

funnily enough it'sthe best nights sleep joshua has had grrrrrrrrrr lol

went to sleep about 10.30, woke up at 2.30 had some food then went back to sleep until 7am! soooo wish i could have used last night to get some good sleep lol

Mummy to be that sounds like a growth spurt to me hun. I know it's difficult and frustrating but if you have the chance to, try and let him suckle for as long as possible, even if you don't think he is getting anything as this will help increase your supply.
It will pass hun x

Megan has been having a growth spurt for the last 2 days, She's been feeding constantly, sometimes for as long as an hour at a time. I've been expressing too so OH can help and last night she drank 6ozs of expressed breast milk before she would settle.

Today she fed for an hour at 8:30, then drank 3ozs of expressed aswell as having 15 minutes on the breast at 12 and is now ready for more too.

Normally she is on a 3 hourly routine day and night.

It's sods law wine! He sleeps well and there's something else to keep you awake.

Mummytobe I agree dont give up unless you feel he isn't getting enough. Your milk should increase to his demands hopefully.

Ley how does Megan go from feeding in the bottle and breast?

I got some breast shells today and have just fed Lennie while using one in the other breast. From the let down and dripping in that breast I've got a couple of oz which I've put into a bottle. I was thinking of using it for when Lennie doesn't go an hour without wanting another feed. Would it work? He won't then start hating breast? Which bottles do u use? X

I use the tomee tippee closer to nature bottles. As long as you don't start offering too many bottles it should be fine.
Megan normally has 1 bottle a day. the other day she had 2 bottles and it was a little difficult to get her to latch again after but once she was latched she was fine.
You can always try him on 1 bottle and if he has a problem latching for the next feed then stop with the bottles for another week and try again x

for those breastfeeding : i just got some breast feeding tops in the mothercare sale £7 , £5 etc as i dont really have anything suitable for when out in public without flashing all my gut haha ! anyway there is quite a few in the sale and code ERRC gives another 10% off. thought you might find it useful ..stay away from the kids sale section its too cute !!

Hi all

My baby girl has the sniffles ah I would love her to be able to know how to blow her nose poor little thing. I got baby nasosal in the chemist seems to be helping :)

As for sleeping she is doing 5hrs at night which is great :dance:

Thanks for all the tips and advise ladies :) Gosh it is great to have you guys around.... all going through the same things at some stage :)

Well i topped him up yesterday like i said and he was great :) He didnt wake till 2am.. then 4am, then 5 then 6 lol... so i have given him another bottle this morning.. just to let me get some milk back after her drained me at 4am... my poor nipples!!!!!!!

We are also using the Tomee Tippee closer to nature bottles and dummies and he seems to have no problem going from bottle to me.. (early days i know) fingers crossed he wont get to confused....

Dustin is a week today... O.M.G... it has gone by sooo fast! Scary really!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->