FEBRUARY TESTERS!! Come get your valentines BFP!! 8 BFP's SO FAR!!

Welcome to all the new girls!! :) I'll put you all down for your dates. This thread is starting to pick up a bit more now!

Readytostart - what is the rest of your cervix like?? is it firm or soft? And is it open or closed?? And what's your cm like?? That might give you a bit more of a clue... My cervix usually moves up and down quite a bit...

Because I'm new to the joys of OPKs, I'll ask you ladies if you can figure this out. I took an OPK today, at CD8 of a possible 34 day cycle (though it could be a 28 day cycle, last month could have been a fluke). Didn't expect to get a line at all, but then I got this (attached). It's pretty strong IMO, but probably not a proper positive.

Do you think I could be ovulating early, or, as another member has suggested, perhaps my body has had a random surge without actually ovulating, and I'll ovulate properly late in the month.

What do you think?

Doesn't look positive just yet, but might be positive soon, like withing 2 days or so??
I guess maybe you might have a random surge... Last cycle I decided to take an OPK after I already ovulated, hoping it would maybe show me I was pregnant :blush: And there was quite a dark line, but I didn't turn out to be pregnant... so I reckon I probably had a random surge aswell, but after my ovulation... which to me seems weird aswell.. So I'd say just keep using your opk's and see what happens. You might ovulate early??

Thanks, I hope so. I am going to do OPKs each day this month I think, just to double check. I'm BF my 12m old so I wasn't even sure if I was ovulating so wanted to keep track anyway. Not used to TTC with OPKs; I'm driving myself mad already :wacko: :haha:

Because I'm new to the joys of OPKs, I'll ask you ladies if you can figure this out. I took an OPK today, at CD8 of a possible 34 day cycle (though it could be a 28 day cycle, last month could have been a fluke). Didn't expect to get a line at all, but then I got this (attached). It's pretty strong IMO, but probably not a proper positive.

Do you think I could be ovulating early, or, as another member has suggested, perhaps my body has had a random surge without actually ovulating, and I'll ovulate properly late in the month.

What do you think?

Although you're getting a progressive 2nd line - that test is negative. Your next 1 or 1 after that will prob be positive so get BD'ing.

Thanks Noo :) I read up about random LH surges and it could be that I have three surges this cycle (apparently 2 is "normal"), so I might just BD all month long - lucky OH :winkwink:

I don't have the benefit of being able to temp because my youngest is up all night :coffee:

Hey ladies, I'm going to join this thread :]
My husband and I have been tic for 3 and a bit months now. Using SMEP this month and I'm 7dpo. Had some spotting, sore nipples and slight cramping in lower abdomen so I'm hoping these are all good signs! Would love to get a BFP this month!!

My husband and I have been tic for 3 and a bit months now. Using SMEP this month and I'm 7dpo. Had some spotting, sore nipples and slight cramping in lower abdomen so I'm hoping these are all good signs! Would love to get a BFP this month!!

Good Luck xx

I was in the January thread, so please add me to this one!

I'm 'thinking' of testing on the 10th, I OV'd on the 29th, so that's my 12 days. I say 'thinking' as hubby has left the country for two weeks today on work, he's begged me not to test until he gets home (16th) but I just don't see that happening!!

I'm quietly confident this month. My cycles have been averaging 35 days since my miscarriage, OV'ing on CD20 & CD25 on the cycles I monitored, but this month it happened on CD17. If it had happened the same time as the past two cycles we had no chance with hubby going away, but I'm hoping it was fate it happened early!

Good luck ladies!!

x x x

Oh meant to say will be testing on 9th Feb :]

hello again to all the ladies!! so my AF is due on the 6th .. i haven't POAS yet i am going to hold off until AF is late .
this will be ttc month # 8 1/2 ,
according to the drs chart he made me , this is when AF should be .. so we had used preseed again the robotussin (sp) to help , and cut out all bad things .. i.e. sugars (unless natural) and trans fat , and smoking .. hopefully it works this time ..
so excited to be back .

Hi ladies! So af was due today... Nothing as of yet and cervix still quite high. Woke up with terrible backache this morning and mild cramps so I'm a bit scared to test incase its bfn and af arrives! Think I might wait a couple of days and see what happens! X

Can I join you?
I am testing on the 12th if she hasn't reared her ugly head before then. We accidentally started ntnp this month and are ttc from my next cycle if I dont get a bfp.
So strange having OH ask about my periods lol!!

I was in the January thread, so please add me to this one!

I'm 'thinking' of testing on the 10th, I OV'd on the 29th, so that's my 12 days. I say 'thinking' as hubby has left the country for two weeks today on work, he's begged me not to test until he gets home (16th) but I just don't see that happening!!

I'm quietly confident this month. My cycles have been averaging 35 days since my miscarriage, OV'ing on CD20 & CD25 on the cycles I monitored, but this month it happened on CD17. If it had happened the same time as the past two cycles we had no chance with hubby going away, but I'm hoping it was fate it happened early!

Good luck ladies!!

x x x

Ah fingers crossed it's your month this time!! :hugs:
At least if you test early hubby's got a nice present to come home to.... sorry not trying to persuade you, at all :winkwink:

Btw, your picture is so cute!! :)

Hi ladies! So af was due today... Nothing as of yet and cervix still quite high. Woke up with terrible backache this morning and mild cramps so I'm a bit scared to test incase its bfn and af arrives! Think I might wait a couple of days and see what happens! X

:test: :test: :test: Do it!!! haha Good luck!!! :flower:

Ooh those sound like good signs to me, especially spotting could be IB. Fingers crossed!!

my cervix seems to not change its firmness. and I don't have a whole lot of cm....i am going to continue to pray for a miracle...but as i said if its not this month...then maybe next. I have officially been actively trying for a year now.........but continue to be hopeful :) that's all I have right now and I am going to rock it! :winkwink:

February 5 for me...will only be 10dpo, but I tend to have shortish LPs, and this cycle has been wonky, so we'll see! Thanks Eltjuh.

Argh I wanna test but I don't have any tests in the house! Will have to wait till the shops open! Still no sign of af this morning. Cervix still quite high. What test should I buy?! I'm nervous it will be bfn! X

Argh I wanna test but I don't have any tests in the house! Will have to wait till the shops open! Still no sign of af this morning. Cervix still quite high. What test should I buy?! I'm nervous it will be bfn! X

Everyone always recommends FRER, but I've only used them when I wasn't pregnant so I don't really like them, but I can't say considering I don't know what they're like when you ARE pregnant.... And I used to be a big fan of the Asda own tests, but last month I had something happen which was weird... looked like a bfp but when I opened it it was gone... (opened it cause the little plastic windows sometimes make it harder to see the result properly). But I think I'd still buy the asda tests again when we start ttc again.

Good luck!! And don't forget to take a picture and upload it for us!! :)

I'd recommend only using cheaper tests until you get a BFP. I recommend Superdrug brand; when I used them 3yrs ago they were quite sensitive, perhaps 10 or 20miu, but don't quote me on that.

Then I moved abroad and had no access to Superdrug anymore :)cry: :haha:) so then I bought at our local pharmacy and they stocked Sure Sign, which were quite good. Not amazing, but I can't fault them.

As soon as I get a BFP I break out the Clearblue Digitals because I like to see it written in words :lol: But here they are £15 for two, so I can't afford to use them every month - plus seeing the words "not pregnant" on a CB Digi hurts a little bit more than just not seeing a second line on a cheapie test :rofl:

This month though I've ordered some 10miu (very sensitive) cheapie test strips from Amazon (I think they're 26p/test, and free postage!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/15-Ultra-E...Q75W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1359907540&sr=8-2

I haven't received them yet, so haven't tried them,but these seem to be the most popular ones on Amazon and everyone goes on about buying their cheapies from Amazon... :shrug:

I used those from Amazon. It took me till 19dpo to get a good :bfp: on them. Was a VERY faint line till then although got FRER strong results and my digi had gone to 2-3 weeks. I wouldn't use them again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->