February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

I think its VERY possible to hear the baby move on the doppler! I know i experienced that with my son! Dont know if it was that early or not, but i say it could def. be what you're hearing!
I have still been unsuccessful in finding the heartbeat. I know its early but its hard to wait!

Does anyone else on here have a doppler or been pregnant before and used a doppler? I have a question....

Over this weekend i have been getting an extra noise. I get the heartbeat almost right away everytime but now i get this noise like the baby is moving. It's almost the same noise you get if you were to move the probe around a little on your belly but i am not moving the probe at all. Also when it happens the heartbeat is more quite, almost like s/he is moving away from the doppler. It's so weird, do you think the noise is the baby moving away?

Sound like it could be the noise of your LO moving around :cloud9:

I have still been unsuccessful in finding the heartbeat. I know its early but its hard to wait!

I cant find the heartbeat either ~ I wish I could, as im still not believing there is really another LO in there! :haha:

Does anyone here have Postpartum thyroiditis OR Hypothyroidism? :shrug:

I cant find the heartbeat either ~ I wish I could, as im still not believing there is really another LO in there! :haha:

it's driving me nuts not finding the HB because i want to knwo if there is more than one in there! :haha:

Would you like me to share my lists?..there's one thing that will be in every bag though....FOOOOOD!!

I would love that!! (And I like what you're saying already, lol!)

Here goes...

Labour

Snacks & drinks.
birthing clothes and spare (I'm planning to have a water birth so spare will be if I decide to get out so I have something dry to wear instead)
hairbands
mouthwash (gas and air can make you sick)
camera & batteries
Portable DVD player & 4 dvds (labour can be long and boring)

Straight after birth

Toiletries-shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, wash cloth
snacks and drinks
1 pair of disposable underwear (I didn't bother buying any last time but the hospital came me some and they were SOOO comfy...esp handy consiering I had kidney issues after birth and kept weeing myself before I could get to the toilet)
3 maternity towels
1 pair breast pads
hair brush
baby bath (MW was shocked I didn't take any last time so I will take a small bottle this time)
2 nappies
cotton wool
water bowl. (I'm going to buy some plastic bowls from poundland)
2 vests
2 babygros
hat

Hospital stay (will stay in the car until I know if I'm staying or not..hoping to go straight home)
snacks and drinks
toothbrush
toothpaste
P.Js
a book (didn't sleep in the 48 hours I was kept in hospital with Liam so this is a must for me!!)
extra disposable underwear (taking 4 pairs OH can bring me more if needed)
3 packs of maternity towels (OH can bring more if needed)
nipple cream (planning to BF)
10 pairs of breast pads (needed even if you don't breastfeed!!!)
slippers/slipper socks
hairbands
hairbrush
dressing gown
carry pack of nappies
baby wipes
cotton wool
8 vests
8 babygros
4 bibs
nappy bags
travel changing mat
black bag for dirty clothes so OH can take home and wash
paper and crayons for Liam (not something you'll need to worry about but I have a feeling he won't be overly interested in the baby and will get bored in the hospital when visiting)

Going home
clothes for me
coat for me
1 girl outfit & 1 boy outfit (staying team yellow)
snowsuit
carseat.

If anybody thinks I've forgotten something let me know!!!

Wow I LOVE your organisation - i might have to pinch this as a template for what to get organised myself!!!

did you stay in hospital last time? i did notice you didnt have any PJ's/nightdresses or clothes for your stay... for anyone who has stayed in after birth before, did you remain in your pj's or get dressed? guess that depends how long you stay in for...

P.Js is 4th on the list under hospital stay.
I was in for 48 hours after Liam's birth and spend the whole time in my PJ's until I got dressed to go home.
I'll also be buying a light dressing gown..because even in winter the hospital was quite warm and some slippers or slipper socks.

I'm REALLY hoping I'll be able to go home very quickly this time though, esp considering I'll have Liam at home and I'll miss him lots.

To those of you who already have LO's..have you thought about who will be looking after them and where when you go into labour?? It's something I'm really struggling with!!

To those of you who already have LO's..have you thought about who will be looking after them and where when you go into labour?? It's something I'm really struggling with!!

Im really struggling with this too. We relocated over a year ago and we have zero family here. We only have a couple of friends but they all work for a living and i cant expect them to take off work while im in labor, especially since we have no idea when that will happen :dohh: DHs mom is retired, she may come up and stay once i get to 36 weeks. Im not sure if she will or not though.

If things go the way i want it to, ideally i would have a homebirth but i doubt it since insurance wont cover it, but anyways if everything goes fine at the birth we will birth at a free standing birth center, so LO can be there, but we still need someone watching him...IDK *SIGH*

_dreamer_ said:
for anyone who has stayed in after birth before, did you remain in your pj's or get dressed? guess that depends how long you stay in for...

I stayed in my PJs - I had a c-section so loose fitting clothes were necessary. I left on day three and wore jogging bottoms and a t shirt to go home, then changed into PJs and pretty much stayed in them for a week!! :haha:

It'll be my mum without a doubt, BUT she lives 3 hours drive from me. So not sure on the logistics yet. She hopes to have moved nearby to me by then but I'm not assuming anything yet. I still haven't decided whether to try to VBAC or have an elective c-section though.

Im really struggling with this too. We relocated over a year ago and we have zero family here. We only have a couple of friends but they all work for a living and i cant expect them to take off work while im in labor, especially since we have no idea when that will happen :dohh: DHs mom is retired, she may come up and stay once i get to 36 weeks. Im not sure if she will or not though.

If things go the way i want it to, ideally i would have a homebirth but i doubt it since insurance wont cover it, but anyways if everything goes fine at the birth we will birth at a free standing birth center, so LO can be there, but we still need someone watching him...IDK *SIGH*

The only family I have is my dad and the in-laws.
My dad is unreliable because his girlfriend lives 2 hours away so I can't rely on him being home. I can't ask him not to see his gf for 4 weeks incase I go into labour 2 weeks before my EDD up to being overdue 2 weeks.

MIL works so I can't rely on her being available, FIL I wouldn't trust because of his health and his heigene...and the SIL's well...as much as I get on with them I wouldn't trust them with Liam in their homes and I wouldn't trust them in my house. Honestly I would trust my next door neighbour to come into my house and not touch anything more than one of my SILs. But she is nosey and knows no boundries. She will walk in and pick up my clean underwear off the clean laundry pile and comment on it like a it's a t-shirt.

I wish I could take him with me...but that's not a possibilty. Plus, I wouldn't want him to see me in pain.

I'm so stuck..I just hope things work out well with him when the time comes..otherwise OH will have to stay with him and I'll have to labour alone:cry:

:hugs: i understand, there is a good chance i will be in a similar predicament if dh's mom doesnt show up....which im nervous about because she has severe bipolar (not that there is anything wrong with that) but she tends to freak out easliy and im not sure how that would work during labor...im not sure she could handle it....idk. i hope we both get some reliable care :hugs:

AMANDA, I LOOOOVE lists, so thanks sooo much for sharing.

VEGTA, any updates or pics from your scan today, how was it???

ROBERTS, WELCOME to the group!!! :thumpup: :dust:

When I had Blake my mum came over at 5am, slept on the sofa until about 8am then got Lewis out of bed and took him to her house, I was only in labour 5 hours and came home when Blake was 6 hours old so it wasnt that much of an issue coz after the birth hubby came straight home and picked him up and he stayed st the hospital with us til I was allowed home. This time I am hoping for a home birth, mum will still come over and look after the boys in a different room or maybe take them out for a little while but as I have a history of short labours I cant see it being a problem - mum probably wont even be called if it is the middle of the night, we'll just let them sleep.

I am very lucky in that I only live half a mile from my mum and if theres a problem there my sister is only 1/4 of a mile in the other direction.

I would never trust my MIL as she is a alcoholic and her hygiene isn't great but there wouldnt be any need for them to be there anyway.

Hopefully by then my sister will be pregnant too and she will be able to share the time with us!

nervous for her results tomorrow now!!

RE the care for DD1 thing: I'm quite lucky in that my parents live on the way to the hospital and are always more than happy to have her stay for the day/night so thankfully it's not a problem for us. I have no good advice for those of you without that back-up other than maybe befriending a neighbour!?

Great list, though my advice to everyone is check the hospital policies re: food etc.
My hospital give you anti-sickness tabs and you're basically on nil-by-mouth while in delivery suite. 'cept for icecubes and/or water.

my hospital try to encourage eating so as to keep your strengths up

ill be having an elective c-section this time round (last was a crash section) so my parents will be coming to the hospital with me and watching Jesse.
oh i also stayed in pj's for about a week lol !
anyway, my MS seems to be easing :yippee: :happydance: some days its still horrific but others its not too bad ! its the fatigued im really struggling with at the moment.
also i seem to be extremely constipated :blush: i never had this with jesse. its bad..... :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->