February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

My first ultrasound is Thursday I'm getting nervous as the last time I had one it was just an empty sac, but this pg is different I feel more "full" and I have not had any bleeding..So I am sure everything is okay. My m/s is off and on, I am taking something for it sometimes it does not help. And then there are days where I just feel awful..Today is pretty good, I took My youngest to the dentist today and that went well, then Dentist asked if she could see Jocelyn's teeth and she goes "cheese" and give the Dentist a picture worthy smile..soooooo sweet, she is 4, she has this little voice she is so cute!!!! I'm starting to poke out a bit I'm only 8 weeks 3 days!!!!!

Ladies, I hope that everyone can find solutions to finding someone to watch the older LOs while we are all in labor. Hopefully my mom will be watching Tony (DS2) and maybe my best friend will watch Grant (DS1) as he will be in kindergarten, and he can just go through the same schedule as her son (they are the same age and he loves her)... but if not he will just miss school for a day or so to stay with my mom. DH only stayed 1 night with me at the hospital with Tony (I was in for right at 2 1/2 days), so he will be able to stay home with Grant if I need him to.
I am glad that my hospital supplies diapers and all of the hygiene products for the babies and breast care products (I plan on BF as well, I seem to dry up at about 9 months of BF). So, that means that I just need to pack clothes for both of us and my toiletries. I stay in the hospital gowns until I am able to really change into my pjs and then I walk around a bit. Our hospital will not release you unless you have gotten up and walked around a little, that way they can make sure that you are not having any problems.
I am rounding a little, DH and I were joking around and he was going to say it was from eating junk food, but I reminded him in order to eat junk food you have to be able to tolerate foods! He got a little tongue tied! :haha:

To those of you who already have LO's..have you thought about who will be looking after them and where when you go into labour?? It's something I'm really struggling with!!

My eldest Son is 18 (will be 19 when this LO is born) So he will be my 'babysitter' :thumbup:

I left on day three and wore jogging bottoms and a t shirt to go home, then changed into PJs and pretty much stayed in them for a week!! :haha:

Only a week!!! :haha:

Great list, though my advice to everyone is check the hospital policies re: food etc.
My hospital give you anti-sickness tabs and you're basically on nil-by-mouth while in delivery suite. 'cept for icecubes and/or water.

I won't be allowed to eat while in labour. The food in there will be for OH (and I may sneak just a bite)
I'm not sure what the policy is on what I can drink. I'll be taking a few cartoons of orange juice...but if I'm not allowed them I'm not to fussed.
I do need to double check that it's the same in the birthing unit as it is the delivery suite though. The birthing unit is new and is part of the hospital so I'm assuming same rules apply.

my MS seems to be easing :yippee: :happydance: some days its still horrific but others its not too bad ! its the fatigued im really struggling with at the moment.
also i seem to be extremely constipated :blush: i never had this with jesse. its bad..... :blush:

Great news that your MS is easing :happydance:

Bad news about the constipation ~ Ive been suffering that too ~ Doctor said eat dried apricots or take lactolose :flower:

It was pretty nice. I did get to hear the heartbeat. My husband turned red trying not to cry when hear heard it. Don't go back for about 5 weeks.

Aww ~ So sweet :cloud9: Glad all went well

My first ultrasound is Thursday I'm getting nervous as the last time I had one it was just an empty sac, but this pg is different I feel more "full" and I have not had any bleeding..So I am sure everything is okay. My m/s is off and on, I am taking something for it sometimes it does not help. And then there are days where I just feel awful..Today is pretty good, I took My youngest to the dentist today and that went well, then Dentist asked if she could see Jocelyn's teeth and she goes "cheese" and give the Dentist a picture worthy smile..soooooo sweet, she is 4, she has this little voice she is so cute!!!! I'm starting to poke out a bit I'm only 8 weeks 3 days!!!!!

Im sure everything is Ok too ~ Only a few days to go :yipee:

Bless your Daughter ~ :bunny: Arent they cute when they are doing 'grown up' things!

How many Children do you have? :shrug:

I won't be allowed to eat while in labour. The food in there will be for OH (and I may sneak just a bite)
I'm not sure what the policy is on what I can drink. I'll be taking a few cartoons of orange juice...but if I'm not allowed them I'm not to fussed.
I do need to double check that it's the same in the birthing unit as it is the delivery suite though. The birthing unit is new and is part of the hospital so I'm assuming same rules apply.

I never understand the whole eating in labour :shrug: I was allowed toast toward the end of my labour with DS1 & when it ended in an emergency csection under GA, I was sick on the operating table ~ Scary

We also interviewed a doula yesterday. By interview, I mean she and my husband talked, and I tried to remain conscious. I was so tired, and I'm pretty introverted anyway. She seemed nice, but my husband laughed that it's rare that someone can out talk him lol

Congrats on prune-hood Kelly! I turned limetastic today! :D :happydance:

And I'm not in a pissy mood like yesterday, so double :dance:!

In exactly a week, I'll be hearing baby's heartbeat for the first time. I'm so excited! We saw it in the ER at 9 weeks and change, but hearing it... ahhhh. I cannot freakin' wait. Time in general seems to be going so fast but I really cannot make it go fast enough to get to my next appointment. (I have two next week) Next Thursday we'll see baby again and then not anymore until 20 weeks. That time frame is going to d-r-a-g, I just sense it!

Congrats on the beginning of new weeks!! In 3 days I will be a lime! :woohoo: I can't believe how fast the time has been going (but still feeling very slow). Already almost to the second trimester!

Didn't eat much for dinner last night (or yesterday in general)... maybe within the next few weeks appetites will start to build up. I really want chicken wings from this one place, but I seem to keep getting told no (whether it is when I don't have the van or when DH is too tired) :( Not very fair

I had another scan yday and my bloods etc done, Baby doing great - Measuring 10 wks 4 days but gonna leave it with my original date as only a few days ahead.
I had a little spotting so went in for a check up - baby is fine - I had a small irritation on the vagina side of my cervix - nothing to worry about at all - just got a culture test done to see what is causing it. May need antibiotics to clear it up in 2 weeks when I get out of the first trimester.

Baby was doing a happy dance and nice strong heartbeat at 166. will add pics tonight :) Loved seeing him/her again! Grown so much in 2 weeks!!!

hey i want a prune! :haha:

I got my bloodword drawn this morning (for my thyroid levels since i have PP thyroiditis after having my son).
Then i had to go through a crazy shananegons to get an ultrasound. The hospital said the MW sent an incomplete order form. They also told me they faxed it back to her and then she was suposed to send a new order. Well they must have lied :wacko: because i called the midwife and they didn't send her anything :dohh: i dont understand why it has to be hard. I was hoping to get an early scan by the end of this week but its not seeming like thats gonna happen :grr: hopefully i get a call back soon! it was supposed to be scheduled last frieday.

So jealous of all you limes! Three more days for me!

DH cracked me up last night. I took him out to dinner to thank him for being so supportive (only our 2nd dinner out since BFP since I'm always SO TIRED) and we had quite a large meal compared to what I usually eat. When we got home I changed into PJs and his eyes got HUGE when he saw how far my stomach was sticking out with big-meal bloat. In a quiet voice he asked: "...is that normal?"

HAHAHA. Oh, men. They have no idea the physical changes we go through! :dohh:

my MS seems to be easing :yippee: :happydance: some days its still horrific but others its not too bad ! its the fatigued im really struggling with at the moment.
also i seem to be extremely constipated :blush: i never had this with jesse. its bad..... :blush:

Great news that your MS is easing :happydance:

Bad news about the constipation ~ Ive been suffering that too ~ Doctor said eat dried apricots or take lactolose :flower:

Ditto on the constipation. My doctor recommended Colace and I've started taking it every-other day. It hasn't made me want to "go" any more often, but things seem a little "softer" overall. (Good god, 3 months ago I never thought I'd talk about this! :haha:)

hi everyone!!!

im gunna be a February mummy too :D im due on 7th of feb and im super exited

heard smushies heart beat yesterday and it was amazing!!! got the 12 weeks scan next friday but time is dragging because i am so exited i want it to go faster <3 xxx

hi everyone!!!

im gunna be a February mummy too :D im due on 7th of feb and im super exited

heard smushies heart beat yesterday and it was amazing!!! got the 12 weeks scan next friday but time is dragging because i am so exited i want it to go faster <3 xxx

WELCOME!!! I am also due on the 7th! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->