February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Ladies can i take tablets to bung me up i have bad s & d :( and im so tired and cnt keep any fluids in :'-(

Junebugs, i'm in the US but I work for a worldwide company, so that might have something to do with it. I think you have to get doctor's approval to stay at home longer than 8 weeks though.

I have the ability to work from home with my job, but not on a daily basis. Only when I need to. I would have to have a REAL good reason why I can't come into the office to make it a permanent situation. Like, live hundreds of miles away from my office like a couple of my coworkers do. But that's not going to happen :)

My office wants me to go part-time post-baby, actually, because there's not enough for me to do full-time here. But we are currently trying to figure out the cost-effectiveness because if I do it, my insurance costs double, I have to drive myself (we carpool now to save money and gas) and we have no family local, so we'd need to hire a private nanny or day-care the baby. So we're weighing the cost of that, versus me being home and trying to find a work-from-home job, to see how it goes. I'd even dog walk or sit for someone else's child in my own home! haha. We're taking it one day at a time right now, until we decide what route will be best for us. Easier said than done! :haha:

Ladies can i take tablets to bung me up i have bad s & d :( and im so tired and cnt keep any fluids in :'-(

Can you give your nurse/MW a ring and see what they say? I have no idea personally, sorry. :(

mumanddad you shouldn't take anything without the ok of the dr or mw.
If you can't even keep fluids down, def give someone (even if it's the EPU at the hospital) a call, because they will likely do something to help you.

Let us know how you go. :hugs:

We are actually thinking about going down to a one income family post babies too. Switching all the payments over to him now so that we can see what it's going to be like money wise. Definitely a good idea to try out if you're thinking of going from dual to single income. Of course with two coming for us, it just makes more sense than paying for two infants in daycare. I make enough where I would still come out ahead but.. I'd rather be at home with the babies anyways.

I also get the standard 6-8 weeks short term disability post-delivery. Our STD goes 26 weeks as well, but like Laidee said there has to be a medical reason to get more than the standard. I have been working at my company long enough to get full pay for the duration of the STD. I figure the only way I'll see more than 6-8 weeks is if I get pulled early and put on bed rest. Although I'm still so small I can't imagine that right now. You'd think at 14wks with twins I would be showing more lol - but they are my 1st so.. maybe in the next couple weeks I will pop out more. I'm tired of people telling me, that I'm so small for having twins, especially when I don't really feel small and I eat all the time!

yay for your scan tigger!! my next one is Monday at 15 wks!

I just gave into the temptation and bought one of those Intelligender kits for $35 and I can't wait to use it in the morning. I know it's silly... But did anyone else get sucked in?!

I saw a website where you cab do a blood finger prick and it's $250 for lab results that are 95% accurate, I want to do that soooooo bad but DH says we should wait until the 18 week ultrasound :(

I just gave into the temptation and bought one of those Intelligender kits for $35 and I can't wait to use it in the morning. I know it's silly... But did anyone else get sucked in?!

I saw a website where you cab do a blood finger prick and it's $250 for lab results that are 95% accurate, I want to do that soooooo bad but DH says we should wait until the 18 week ultrasound :(

Yes i did!!! But they don't sell it is Canada so i had to buy it off ebay. I should be getting it tomorrow or Monday..... I can't wait. I am not going to go and paint the nursery or anything but it looks like fun!

So i have another question for all you ladies if you don't mind me asking.... what is the average cost to delivery your baby in the hospital?

DH really wants to know the sex of the baby... My mum wants to book me a scan for a couple of weeks away (when I'm in the UK) I'd much rather do the blood test... I thought that was a pretty new thing though, so is that website legit?

I still haven't decided if I want to know... I don't feel the urge that I did with E!!

If you're not keeping fluids down I would go to the hospital. They can give you IV meds to stop you from being sick and they can top up your fluids (which will make you feel much better anyway) :hugs:

Yes i did!!! But they don't sell it is Canada so i had to buy it off ebay. I should be getting it tomorrow or Monday..... I can't wait. I am not going to go and paint the nursery or anything but it looks like fun!

So i have another question for all you ladies if you don't mind me asking.... what is the average cost to delivery your baby in the hospital?

We planned to deliver at home and paid our MW $2300 for prenatal/birth/postnatal care... Ended up in hospital because I was stupid and only slept for 2 hours the night before I went into labour, had a LONG labour and so I got exhausted... Because we were uninsured our bills were cut dramatically (MY stay, incl epidural etc was $10k, but they cut it to $2k!)... But originally they were around $10k my stay $2k DD's stay $4k for the hospital MW and anesthesiologist... I think that's it... So $16k total for an uncomplicated, vaginal birth, with epidural and 2 days stay....

We ended up paying around $6-7k due to the discounts for being uninsured.

We're going with the same homebirthing MW, so I hope I can stay at home the whole way this time!! :lol:

We planned to deliver at home and paid our MW $2300 for prenatal/birth/postnatal care... Ended up in hospital because I was stupid and only slept for 2 hours the night before I went into labour, had a LONG labour and so I got exhausted... Because we were uninsured our bills were cut dramatically (MY stay, incl epidural etc was $10k, but they cut it to $2k!)... But originally they were around $10k my stay $2k DD's stay $4k for the hospital MW and anesthesiologist... I think that's it... So $16k total for an uncomplicated, vaginal birth, with epidural and 2 days stay....

We're going with the same homebirthing MW, so I hope I can stay at home the whole way this time!! :lol:

:wacko: .... WOW that is just crazy!!!!!! I can't even get over that, so do you have to pay that all upfront or do they give you a payment plan?

:wacko: .... WOW that is just crazy!!!!!! I can't even get over that, so do you have to pay that all upfront or do they give you a payment plan?

Yeah, it's ridiculous... I'm from the UK, so I didn't really know what to expect after we went to hospital either. No-one should have to worry about how much an unplanned hospital visit is going to cost.. :nope:

The different departments/hospitals offer different things... For my stay, they allowed us to pay $125 a month, for E's $35 a month and the MW/A's bill they wanted 10% per month! Which is $400.... Which puts a lot of strain on our budget.... :dohh:

We still have $1400 left on that last bill and we were planning to get insurance once it was out of the way (had issues getting insurance before DD - I didn't have a SS number for a while and then they wouldn't insure me after I was pregnant, as it's a 'pre-existing condition'...) but surprise surprise I had to go to the ER 3 times, so now we have thousands more $s to pay off :dohh: Totally dumb system.

In the military, if you are the woman giving birth, you get 6 weeks off. It's totally paid and, of course, you're job is there when you get back. The crappy part of this is that once the baby is 6 weeks old, your theirs again and they can deploy you. If you are the father, you get 2 weeks of paternity leave, totally paid. I'm not sure about other government jobs, I don't think they're the same.

My DH is a government civilian, and the structure of all benefits are totally different. The military staff get compensated for the fact that the military owns them and they get deployed. The civilians get (in theory, but in practice not so much) more realistic hours and hazard pay if they go somewhere dangerous, but the benefits aren't nearly so good. For example, there'll be no paternity leave for DH. I just get my 12 weeks under FMLA - but I'm not government. I think I can use leave as part of it, but I can't tell. Our company gives no holidays but way more leave, and I never use all of it, so I will use it if I can.

I'm trying to work out a part time, perhaps even work from home arrangement with the office for after baby (I'm in software, so it's theoretically possible). My boss is very supportive and seems positive about it, but we'll see what the higher ups say.

we dont have to pay anything to have a baby in australia :wacko: i didnt think you had to overseas either !
i really want to know the gender of our baby, im going to find it so difficult to wait until the 20 week scan. a friend of mine who has a little boy the same age as jesse found out yesterday shes having a little girl :cloud9: got me all excited, i would love a girl aswell (as this will probably be our last) but the chances are very slim if not none lol

My moms a nurse and she actually told me that there's a blood test that you can get done fairly early that determines the gender. BUT that docs don't do it for some reason. She thinks it's because they fear that if people find out early what they're having and it's not what they were hoping for, that they'll terminate. All this waiting and all they need to do is take some blood!!! So that blood test may be what she's talking about. I set up our gender scan at about 16 1/2 weeks because I just can't wait!!!

we dont have to pay to have our babies here :? its crazy , if we did i cudnt afford to have any :wacko:

tiger im due around same as you,and ive a 2yr 1 mth old, my scan put me at 18th feb but im having another c-sec so prob a wk eariler, ive also got a son but not bothered what this one is ,but feel i just need to know :lol: were having a 16wk sexing scan :yipee: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->