February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

So do you not have to pay for health insurance in Canada like you do in the states?

So do you not have to pay for health insurance in Canada like you do in the states?

I do have insurance but it is to cover by prescriptions, private rooms for delivery, sick notes from the doctor, massages, dental. It is though work and i pay monthly about 40$ and it comes off my paycheck. My work pays for othe other half.

As for anything health.medical related we do not pay for ANYTHING. All visits to the Doctor/ER, all bloodwork, ultrasounds,MRI's anything like that we do not pay at all. But it is in our taxes, i am not sure how much taxes are in the states but i get 23% taen off every paycheck

Wow, depending on what you are going to the ER for the times vary here. I know on really busy days if you are waiting for something that is not really bad it can take about 4 hours or so.... but if it is busy and you are in a serious condition, such as DS2 had temp of 104 and they took him straight to a room. On not busy days it can take like 20 minutes to get back and about another 15 waiting on the DR.
Zombiekitten, I am surprised that he had to wait that long, DH was in a fire about 4 years ago, and even though he had absolutely no insurance they immediately took him back to a room to be treated by a dr and to get re-hydrated.
I have the state medicaid and it covers most everything I have a $3 copay on meds and only a $25 copay for hospital stays.

I know in Honduras that they do not pay very much to have a baby at the hospital, and they do not have to stay very long at all.

I took the plunge and purchased the blood gender test (not to be confused with the less-accurate urine tests), ill let you know the results next week hopefully!
https://www.tellmepinkorblue.com/

Wow, depending on what you are going to the ER for the times vary here. I know on really busy days if you are waiting for something that is not really bad it can take about 4 hours or so.... but if it is busy and you are in a serious condition, such as DS2 had temp of 104 and they took him straight to a room. On not busy days it can take like 20 minutes to get back and about another 15 waiting on the DR.
Zombiekitten, I am surprised that he had to wait that long, DH was in a fire about 4 years ago, and even though he had absolutely no insurance they immediately took him back to a room to be treated by a dr and to get re-hydrated.
I have the state medicaid and it covers most everything I have a $3 copay on meds and only a $25 copay for hospital stays.

I know in Honduras that they do not pay very much to have a baby at the hospital, and they do not have to stay very long at all.

Yeah I was so shocked! I think it's because it was just so busy that day and he wasnt complaining at all, he was actually staying pretty calm for someone that was just in an accident. But a fire is a lot more serious than the accident he was in though! I'm glad they took your husband in immediately!

I took the plunge and purchased the blood gender test (not to be confused with the less-accurate urine tests), ill let you know the results next week hopefully!
https://www.tellmepinkorblue.com/

OMG!!! that sound's great! I can't wait to hear the results.

I am baffled by that blood test - fetal blood and maternal blood don't mix so I don't understand how it's meant to work? Let us know the result, anyway!

Just checking in with you lovely Ladies :flower: Hope you are well

I have been spending most days with my Mum & Sister (1.5 hour drive away)

Today they are coming to spend the day with me :thumbup: Just want to think of something we can do together, along with collection of 5 Children! :shrug:

I am baffled by that blood test - fetal blood and maternal blood don't mix so I don't understand how it's meant to work? Let us know the result, anyway!

Tellmepinkorblue.com is the company... Their website says "In a natural process, fetal cells die and pass into the mother’s bloodstream. As these cells break down, fetal DNA is released into the mother’s own circulatory system."

Here is a recent article in the New York Times: https://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/10/health/10birth.html

Are the lab fees really that much Jokerette? Yikes! I hope it works. :flower:

Unfortunately yes, it's going to be around $235 total. I have a side job where I make my "fun money" to spend on frivolous things like going out with the girlfriends, fun electronics, cute shoes, etc... So DH said if I used that money to pay for it then he was on board! Luckily I have been saving my "fun money" for a while (since i havent gone out for drinks in months!) so we were able to do it :) I'd rather do the test than buy a new pair of shoes anyday! ;)

Hope you and your family are doing ''okay'' Kelly :hugs:

Amanda, great news that your being scanned so soon after rescheduling! Saves you waiting ages!

Last time round I went back to work when Summer was nine months, and I went off when I was about 33 weeks pregnant :) Hoping to make it to 36 weeks this time but I doubt I will! The added weight is so bad on my hips and back :(

Unfortunately yes, it's going to be around $235 total. I have a side job where I make my "fun money" to spend on frivolous things like going out with the girlfriends, fun electronics, cute shoes, etc... So DH said if I used that money to pay for it then he was on board! Luckily I have been saving my "fun money" for a while (since i havent gone out for drinks in months!) so we were able to do it :) I'd rather do the test than buy a new pair of shoes anyday! ;)

I just used google and worked out $235 dollars to be about £140!! Could you not book a gender scan for less than that?? My gender scan is £80 ($130)
My 4d scan with Liam cost what your paying for your blood test!

Are your gender scans more expensive or can you not get one??

True, but you can't always see it at 14 weeks, I just got excited and ordered... So no turning back now! The results will be back next week :)

I already had 2 ultrasound and I have my gender one after 18 weeks so I don't want to do too many, or risk paying and not being able to see it yet if baby's legs were crossed ;)

I probably should have researched private ultrasound more but for some reason I think DH would say no to that even though he was ok with blood test.

:wave:

Haven't read right back (sorry), had a busy few days so not been around. Had scan on Friday. :dance: Bubs was having a sort of gymnastic disco-dance in there so virtually impossible to get a nice clear pic. Any gender guesses?

Attachments

• photo(9).jpg
    photo(9).jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 13
:wave:

Haven't read right back (sorry), had a busy few days so not been around. Had scan on Friday. :dance: Bubs was having a sort of gymnastic disco-dance in there so virtually impossible to get a nice clear pic. Any gender guesses?

Well pic not clear enough to make a guess on nub or skull theory...but I'm getting a :pink: feeling from the pic.

Yeah, same as last time we're strictly limited to "vibe" guesses.... I obviously produce very uncooperative babies :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->