February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Guppy your family sounds like mine.. My sister had her baby in Aug.. im due in Feb and my sil is due the end of April..

Oh and to add to that.. my sis had her second dd in May, i had my first dd in July, and the same sil who is preggo now had her first dd in Sept..

thats interesting!

when i was younger two of my sisters and my SIL were preggo at the same time. my sisters had their boys 1 week apart! then my SIL had hers about 3 months later.

My son and my little sisters son are almost exactly a year apart! Her DS was born Sept.10, 2009 mine was born Sept 4th, 2010.

Hello Everyone!

Just wanted to pop in and say HI! I am sooooo excited and time is not passing fast enough! only 24 more hours until my gender scan!!!!!!!!!

Okay, this will not make sense to probably...everyone...on here but I need to get this out because I am beyond stressed right now!! I'm a reservist in the Air Force. Not by choice. When I first joined in Jan 99 I was active duty but I HATED it. After my 4 year commitment I got totally out and moved to Florida where my mom and sister were. I met my husband there, who was a active reservist and talked me into giving that a try. It was okay. But I still didn't like wearing the uniform every day and dealing with all the crap. So I became a semi-regular reservist. Instead of having to work 1 weekend per month, I can do it all at once. But I still HATE it. My unit ignore me unless they need something from me and then they YELL at me if I don't do something...even if I've tried for MONTHS to get it done with no help from them.

So that's the backstory. Way back in April I contacted my commander. I'd just had the miscarriage and just REALLY did not want to go up to D.C. (where my unit is) to live in a hotel for a month and a half by myself. I was asking him if I could perform my duty for that year here in AR. It took MONTHS of back and forth and of course at the end of May/beg of June I got pregnant again and so asked if I could Also do the coming years stuff here. He checked it all and said it was fine with him, I just needed to get my supervisors permission. I talked to him and he said he had to check. I've emailed him and gotten NO REPLY. The fiscal year ends tomorrow but the COL said that wasn't a problem...that my time doesn't go by FY. So I felt better. I really Really don't want to do it but I HAVE to.

So today I get a call from a Senior Master Sergeant. I'm a Staff Sergeant. All this means is that this person is higher rank than me. Well, if my unit had promoted me like they were supposed to YEARS ago, I'd be the same darn rank!!! So she proceeds to yell at me about not having done my stuff this year. Then she yelled that I haven't given them any paperwork about being pregnant (I ASKED if it was needed and of course, no one replied). Then she yelled about not returning my evaluation in a timely manner (I am supposed to get one EVERY YEAR. I have not gotten one in SIX YEARS. I have asked probably 20 times in those years to get them done. But NOW it's a priority??). Then she yelled that I haven't done my dental. Fine, my bad. I do need to do that it's just stupid because the one they want doesn't even clean your teeth, they just look at them so I don't like to bother with it!! (I get my teeth cleaned...but that doesn't count). THEN she yelled about how I have some military online courses that are overdue (well, no one told me they were even coming up due). Just this whole line. So she segways into "Well if you don't want to be a part of this unit you don't need to be". Excuse the hell out of me. Other than this past year, I have done EVERYTHING they've asked of me getting NOTHING in return!!!! I finally was able to sneak in that my husband is a Captain (far above her rank) and that got her to at least stop yelling at me.

I'm just SO TIRED of it. I have 8 years or so until I can retire and that's why my husband doesn't want me to just quit. And sure, a month and a half of work a year isn't bad, I know that. But it brings with it SO MUCH stress that you just wouldn't believe it. And now I'm totally confused as to if I can do my time here, if it's too late for the current year, etc etc.

Okay, this will not make sense to probably...everyone...on here but I need to get this out because I am beyond stressed right now!! I'm a reservist in the Air Force. Not by choice. When I first joined in Jan 99 I was active duty but I HATED it. After my 4 year commitment I got totally out and moved to Florida where my mom and sister were. I met my husband there, who was a active reservist and talked me into giving that a try. It was okay. But I still didn't like wearing the uniform every day and dealing with all the crap. So I became a semi-regular reservist. Instead of having to work 1 weekend per month, I can do it all at once. But I still HATE it. My unit ignore me unless they need something from me and then they YELL at me if I don't do something...even if I've tried for MONTHS to get it done with no help from them.

So that's the backstory. Way back in April I contacted my commander. I'd just had the miscarriage and just REALLY did not want to go up to D.C. (where my unit is) to live in a hotel for a month and a half by myself. I was asking him if I could perform my duty for that year here in AR. It took MONTHS of back and forth and of course at the end of May/beg of June I got pregnant again and so asked if I could Also do the coming years stuff here. He checked it all and said it was fine with him, I just needed to get my supervisors permission. I talked to him and he said he had to check. I've emailed him and gotten NO REPLY. The fiscal year ends tomorrow but the COL said that wasn't a problem...that my time doesn't go by FY. So I felt better. I really Really don't want to do it but I HAVE to.

So today I get a call from a Senior Master Sergeant. I'm a Staff Sergeant. All this means is that this person is higher rank than me. Well, if my unit had promoted me like they were supposed to YEARS ago, I'd be the same darn rank!!! So she proceeds to yell at me about not having done my stuff this year. Then she yelled that I haven't given them any paperwork about being pregnant (I ASKED if it was needed and of course, no one replied). Then she yelled about not returning my evaluation in a timely manner (I am supposed to get one EVERY YEAR. I have not gotten one in SIX YEARS. I have asked probably 20 times in those years to get them done. But NOW it's a priority??). Then she yelled that I haven't done my dental. Fine, my bad. I do need to do that it's just stupid because the one they want doesn't even clean your teeth, they just look at them so I don't like to bother with it!! (I get my teeth cleaned...but that doesn't count). THEN she yelled about how I have some military online courses that are overdue (well, no one told me they were even coming up due). Just this whole line. So she segways into "Well if you don't want to be a part of this unit you don't need to be". Excuse the hell out of me. Other than this past year, I have done EVERYTHING they've asked of me getting NOTHING in return!!!! I finally was able to sneak in that my husband is a Captain (far above her rank) and that got her to at least stop yelling at me.

I'm just SO TIRED of it. I have 8 years or so until I can retire and that's why my husband doesn't want me to just quit. And sure, a month and a half of work a year isn't bad, I know that. But it brings with it SO MUCH stress that you just wouldn't believe it. And now I'm totally confused as to if I can do my time here, if it's too late for the current year, etc etc.

oh no :( im sorry :hugs: im not sure i have the advice your are looking for but i just wanted to say i hope things turn around and they start listening to you! Just know, in your heart, that you have done everything you could do. It's not your fault people direguarded you and your messages! I really hope this gets straightened out and becomes less stress. Im so sorry you are dealing with this :hugs:

P.S. thank you for your incredible service to our country. :flower:

thats interesting!

when i was younger two of my sisters and my SIL were preggo at the same time. my sisters had their boys 1 week apart! then my SIL had hers about 3 months later.

My son and my little sisters son are almost exactly a year apart! Her DS was born Sept.10, 2009 mine was born Sept 4th, 2010.

My mum and aunt were both preg at the same time, my sister and cousin are 2 days apart. Mmy other sister and other cousin are about 3 months apart.

My SIL is preg and due a :pink: bump in November, and OH's best mate (who is like a brother to him) is due to become a dad in March. My uncle's GF is pregnant, just found out a week ago that she's having a girl so I'm assuming she's due some time in feb (I don't speak to my uncle anymore since he threatened me n my OH when I was preg with Liam)
My dad's GF's daughter is also preg and I think she's due in feb/march.

So there's lots and lots of pregnancy dust in the air.

I'm having an absolutely terrible time at the minute. We have 4 cats that I didn't put enough thought into decided to get them. We got the 1st 2 as mum and 6 week old kitten when SIL's OH left her last May/June and she was homeless. Krystal soon became pregnant again and we kept 2 kittens from that litter. As much as I love them and would never get rid of them, I'm currently wishing we hadn't got them. I seriously look from the neck down as if I have chicken pox. We have a SERIOUS flea problem upstairs. Downstairs is no where near as bad because we have laminate, but as soon as you step into either bedroom we're being attacked by fleas. We tried flea powder, flea spray but this week I've decided enough is enough, me and Liam went out for the day and OH flea-bombed. After he'd hoovered I came home and we've scrubbed pretty much the entire house. The cats have had a treatment of spot-on and or the next 3 weeks I'm going to be hoovering AT LEAST twice a day. Once I'm sure the fleas are gone I'll cut back to once a day, but at the minute I imagine my electric bill will be quite large.
I HATE FLEAS!!!

Guppy was it you who is a childbirth educator? My midwives with Liam were USELESS. They told me back to back and to sit up and not slouch to try and get him to turn, but they told me nothing about WHY I should want him to turn or anything more about getting him to turn,
My midwife now doesn't seem to have time to sit and answer my questions (or doesn't see the point discussing something in depth that may be irrelavent)
So I'd really appreciate soem advise on how to get bump into the ideal position, when to start doing things...would it make a difference if I started trying to enourage her the right way now or is it pointless trying anything until she has less space to move?
ANY advice would be appreciated:flower:

oh no :( im sorry :hugs: im not sure i have the advice your are looking for but i just wanted to say i hope things turn around and they start listening to you! Just know, in your heart, that you have done everything you could do. It's not your fault people direguarded you and your messages! I really hope this gets straightened out and becomes less stress. Im so sorry you are dealing with this :hugs:

P.S. thank you for your incredible service to our country. :flower:

Thanks, hon! It's just so stressful and I really wish I could just stop doing it altogether. :-( I'm just tired of being treated like crap because someone sees my rank and thinks I'm an idiot. I am 2 classes away from getting my Masters Degree!!! *sigh* I have a LOT of anxiety with this stuff.

thats interesting!

My mum and aunt were both preg at the same time, my sister and cousin are 2 days apart. Mmy other sister and other cousin are about 3 months apart.

My SIL is preg and due a :pink: bump in November, and OH's best mate (who is like a brother to him) is due to become a dad in March. My uncle's GF is pregnant, just found out a week ago that she's having a girl so I'm assuming she's due some time in feb (I don't speak to my uncle anymore since he threatened me n my OH when I was preg with Liam)
My dad's GF's daughter is also preg and I think she's due in feb/march.

So there's lots and lots of pregnancy dust in the air.

I'm having an absolutely terrible time at the minute. We have 4 cats that I didn't put enough thought into decided to get them. We got the 1st 2 as mum and 6 week old kitten when SIL's OH left her last May/June and she was homeless. Krystal soon became pregnant again and we kept 2 kittens from that litter. As much as I love them and would never get rid of them, I'm currently wishing we hadn't got them. I seriously look from the neck down as if I have chicken pox. We have a SERIOUS flea problem upstairs. Downstairs is no where near as bad because we have laminate, but as soon as you step into either bedroom we're being attacked by fleas. We tried flea powder, flea spray but this week I've decided enough is enough, me and Liam went out for the day and OH flea-bombed. After he'd hoovered I came home and we've scrubbed pretty much the entire house. The cats have had a treatment of spot-on and or the next 3 weeks I'm going to be hoovering AT LEAST twice a day. Once I'm sure the fleas are gone I'll cut back to once a day, but at the minute I imagine my electric bill will be quite large.
I HATE FLEAS!!!

Guppy was it you who is a childbirth educator? My midwives with Liam were USELESS. They told me back to back and to sit up and not slouch to try and get him to turn, but they told me nothing about WHY I should want him to turn or anything more about getting him to turn,
My midwife now doesn't seem to have time to sit and answer my questions (or doesn't see the point discussing something in depth that may be irrelavent)
So I'd really appreciate soem advise on how to get bump into the ideal position, when to start doing things...would it make a difference if I started trying to enourage her the right way now or is it pointless trying anything until she has less space to move?

Fleas are the WORST!!!! They have a huge flea and tick problem here during certain seasons. Luckily we have only have ONE tick issue but we did get invaded by fleas a while back. They're so gross and make you feel dirty...but they get them from outside!!! Thankfully, since we bombed we haven't gotten them again!

Yep, im a childbirth educator and a birth doula :flower:
First off, im sorry your MW did that to you and kept you in the dark about it (similar thing happened to me, they did an ultrasound during labor but never said one word about why, and now i know why, but they never ever told me a posterior baby...did push the drugs though :dohh:) Anyways, this is the time to start preparing! Actually, the earlier you do it the better. Because waiting until the end to do OFP (optimal fetal positioning) can be a bit harder, and next to impossible if the baby engages (thats whole other ball park). So actually doing things now is MUCH better than waiting until your 35+weeks.

Advice to avoid? Do LOTS of hand and knees! Do cat-cow position, do pelvic tilts standing, do pelvic rocks on all fours (like on your bed or something). Do NOT slouch backwards in a chair! Either sit up straight or lean forward, but leaning back/slouching will only reinforce a posterior baby! Do NOT prop your feet up (sorry, but thats bad for OFP). Do not sleep on your back, bc that would reinforce same. If you can, use lots of pillows and try sleeping on your tummy, that will help. If you can't def. sleep on your side. Sleeping on your back isn't bad like everyone is lead to believe, but it is if you are preventing a funky positioned baby! I may sound crazy, but crawl around on your floor for a half hour while you watch tv. Get a birth ball and drap your arms over it while your legs on the floor (similar to hands and knees, but your chest is over the ball). I do not advice sitting on the birth ball because, although it is wonderful for babies that are facing the "correct" way and it is great for birth no matter what, this will encourage the baby to engage. YOU DO NOT WANT THE BABY TO ENGAGE BEFORE YOU KNOW what position its in!!! Now, if you can feel/know the baby is in the face down position, then bounce away and get that baby engaged lol. Do lots of prenatal yoga, but again be careful with the squats. You should practice squatting for the birth, but again this can cause the baby to engage, and thats not what you want if s/he is still back to back :nope:
If you can, do prenatal swimming. Try doing swimming so your on your stomach and not your back. It's not that being on your back is bad, persay, its just this could reinforece the baby in the back to back position and you dont want that. Instead do lot of breast stroke. Its great because the legs will help your pelvis and get you ready for birth but the position will help get the baby facing the correct direction. See a chiropractor frequently too. This will help line your spine and hips up to help :thumbup:

During labor there is a great deal of things you can do like walking up and down steps, doing hands and knees, rocking side to side, etc.

PLEASE read this article. I thought it was fab and it explains everything a little bit better, But YES please start doing these things asap for the best results! i did ALL the OFP int the WORLD and it didn't work, and im pretty sure its because i waited until i was 34 weeks to do all of it and because i sat on my birth ball (which engaged the baby :dohh:) Hope this helps, sorry for the rant :hugs:

https://www.valleyhealth.com/ChildBirth.aspx?id=2222

hi ladies :flower:
jesse is a little sick again :nope: temp shot right up and we didnt have a great night :( ughhh i hate this and now im starting to feel ill. great. :dohh:

when i was pregnant with jesse, 2 out of 3 of my SIL were pregnant with me :haha: we had DH's oldest brothers wife who was due in Feb but had her LO march 8th which was my due date with jesse lol ! and his youngest brothers fiancee who was due 2months after me in May .

JP, I hope that it gets better. I have many friends who have done time in one military branch or another, and I have never heard of anyone having this much problems!! Although, Grant (Ds1)'s bio was supposed to be joining the Air force but said his recruiter was taking too long and that the were not getting him all of his paperwork. :hugs: and hopefully it will be easily situated!!

Amanda, I hope that the flea problem stops for you soon!! I hate fleas...... with a passion, that is one big reason why I do not have any pets (even though I love them).

Tiger, I hope you and Jesse get to feeling better ASAP!! :hugs:

JP, I hope that it gets better. I have many friends who have done time in one military branch or another, and I have never heard of anyone having this much problems!! Although, Grant (Ds1)'s bio was supposed to be joining the Air force but said his recruiter was taking too long and that the were not getting him all of his paperwork. :hugs: and hopefully it will be easily situated!!

Amanda, I hope that the flea problem stops for you soon!! I hate fleas...... with a passion, that is one big reason why I do not have any pets (even though I love them).

Tiger, I hope you and Jesse get to feeling better ASAP!! :hugs:

Lol, I don't think most people do have this many issues!!! I'm an IMA Reservist which basically just means that instead of having to go every month, I can do it once a year or whatever. I think the problem with this is that I'm out of sight so they forget about me even if I'm calling and emailing. I've been trying since APRIL to do this years stuff so it's not like I've been slacking and I just realized that since it took them so darn long to figure this all out, I now have 2.5-3 MONTHS of work to do. That'll take me into JANUARY with holidays. I can't do that.

:( The flea bombs failed. Our carpets are like 1.5cm thick so the fleas are loving it.

Not putting up with this, I'm destroying their home. OH is currently ripping the carpets up and we're going to laminate ASAP. Cats have been completely banned from the bedrooms for a few weeks and will NOT be allowed back in there EVER. It seems that the fleas have become a problem since we banned the cats from upstairs. I'll take a picture of my legs later to show you how bad I've been bitten.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->