February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Thanks girls :hugs:
Sorry seeming so negative today, but i am just a mess...

I called the ultrasound dept at the hospital. Apparently they signed off the results at 2pm and my MW will get them within the hour. So i called the MW. She is doing home visits today and will try to swing by the birth center later tonight to let me know. i told her about my placenta (anteriors are notoriously known to cause posterior babies, which is the satan of all births IMO, DS had anterior placenta and was posterior and, well you can see my birth story in my siggy), anyways, she said "Try not to worry too much about the placenta. The techs can be weird but i have never seen one withold the sex of the baby! Thats so weird. And we will talk about the placenta and different thing we do to try and get the baby up front." ...needless to say i am thinking fat chance because i did EVERYTHING you could do for that (with isaiah) and NONE of it worked...in the end if the baby wants to face the placenta, they will...ugh...

Ah is that what they call it and why? All they said to me was he was sunny side up and the hardest type to deliver. I had no idea it was a thing or u could tell ahead of time hmmmm. But I am praying that never happens again. Not fun.

Well there are various reasons why a baby would be posterior (thats the official name for "sunny side up :thumbup:) But only 5% of babies are born this way...lucky us :wacko: anyways, having an anterior placenta certainly does NOT gurantee a posterior baby, but its pretty notorous to cause it. Hope we both are the lucky ones!!! Apparently they like to face the placenta and thats why they cause them so much, but ya never know we could get blessed and have a "normal" presenting baby :hugs:

oh yeah :dohh: the MW told me the guy who did the scan earlier did viability ultrasound and not the prenatal survey (i was there for the prenatal survey) :dohh: and thats why i had to go back. like wow! haha, oh well at least i got to see baby and get a better experience!

Guppy I just saw your update yay!!! So happy you got to go back and a brother so fun!!
I couldn't think of a boys name either guess cause it was a girl. Although I could prob come up with 20 girl names to 4 boys.

Almost look at those hands so cool!!!!

ok so ive spent a little more time than id like to admit trying to post a reply to a few people on this thread and its not letting me for some reason

but that worked ? ? ? !?!?!? what the heck ?!?!!?

engineer girl - it wont let me quote what u said so... this is my reply haha
:kiss: thankyou :flower: i love that picture.
good luck with the house !!!

also -
im still waiting to hear from the 4D scan place :grr: im getting really angry tbh.
ive either emailed or called about 15 times in the last month ! :growlmad: my husband has even called and all they keep saying is that the lady in my area will call and they have passed my details on :growlmad: im getting so angry, cant they call her and be like "this is ur damn job, call the woman !" :growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

yay !!! i figured it out ! it wont let me post with quotes for some reason ?!?!
almost mama- that pic of the hands is way to cute ! good luck. cant wait for an update

Congrats on the :blue: Guppy!! :)

I've been listening to my Hypnobabies pregnancy affirmations today and watching some unassisted births as well as a peaceful home birth that I keep going back to for reassurance and visualization of my own birth. It's helped quite a bit with releasing some of my fears.

I also tried to cut my hair (I screwed it up and then my mum screwed it up while I was over there :lol:) and realised I REALLY don't have the patience for it at the moment, so I may have to book myself into a hairdressers soon... -sigh- It looks totally stupid, otherwise I'd just deal with it :haha:

I'm trying to find a local course that DH and I can do on neonatal and infant resuscitation at the moment and not having much luck. I think phoning around the hospitals is probably the next step...

Still unsure of whether we are going the unassisted route, but I found that my birth supplies website carries the La Bassine now!! :yipee: So I can get that and all my birth supplies at once. :)

Yoff to the adirondacks in the am. Not much internet but I might be able to ck some in town.
Have a great weekend ladies

So glad you had a better experience @ scan #2 Guppy! Congrats on your boy bump! :cloud9:

Great news on your scan Dizzy :cloud9:

My mom and good friend are throwing me a shower I feel a little weird because I already have a son but because it is almost 5 yrs later and a different sex they say I have to. Well ok :) I don't know if they should invite just super close friends and family or most of the people I associate with? hmmm my only feeling is I would feel bad if I was not invited to someone's shower not sure if that's just me because I love showers so much or everyone will feel that way. What do you guys think?

Yey ~ For a PINK Shower :happydance:

Yes, bumming was good.

Ok....:blush: This soooo means something different here in the UK!!! :haha::blush::rofl:

jesse is much better today on a brighter note :happydance: we had a great night :dance: slept all the way through and even until 745am (thats usually the sleep in i pray for !!!) and i really needed it so im super happy and feel great today

:bunny: So pleased Jesse is feeling better :bunny:

IM BACK FROM MY second SCAN!!!!

it went much much better this time!!! Thank God! We were even able to get a couple of pictures :cloud9: not too many though because baby did NOT want to cooperate AT ALL :nope: She was so kind, and the same lady that did the 8 week ultrasound. I liked her and she was cracking jokes the whole time.

She wouldn't say the sex but she did point and said "those are two apples with a stick in the middle. :winkwink:" Bless her heart. She technically wasn't allowed to say boy or girl, but she danced around so we could figure it out :thumbup:

So we are on team :blue: again! I know Isaiah will just love having a little brother! Isaiah & Elliot, perfect :cloud9: ....see i knew there was a reason why we figured his name out so easily lol. This confirms my beliefs that if we listen to our babys they will send us the name they are to be called :cloud9:

View attachment 271883View attachment 271884

:dance: Congrats on team :blue: :wohoo: Its lovely that Isaiah now has a little Brother ~ Perfect :cloud9:

I was so sorry to hear about your 1st scan experience, but glad you got a better one the 2nd time :thumbup:

We had our scan today, and my little monster had his/her ankles crossed.
one shot from under the bum didnt appear to show anything, and the tech said 60% girl, but we had another scan 2mrw, so we will have to wait just ONE MORE SLEEP to be sure

i'll attach a scan pic of the hands, and of monster of course :cloud9:

i'll come post results tomorrow!

Awww ~ Cute little hand picture :cloud9:

Shall look forward to hearing from you with your update...:pink: :dance: :blue:

Aw Guppy, so exciting for you! :) Two little boys – it’ll be wonderful! And I’m glad they got the scan sorted out for you. Kind of crazy how he didn’t know what scan he was to be giving you…? Like… seriously? Can he not read charts? :haha:

Great pictures AlmostMama! I hope he/she cooperates for you today!

Aw Tiger! I hope they call you back soon – what a bunch of crap that is!

Have a fun weekend away Saphire!

Crazy night of baseball last night – for anyone who is into baseball like I am. ;) haha. I’m leaving work early today because hubby got me a ticket to meet and get Cliff Lee’s autograph, so I’m really excited! He’s my favorite Phillie, so all day I’ve been thinking of what NOT to say to him. I know I’m going to completely fangirl and look like a crazy pregnant toolbox but well, life happens. :)

How is everyone doing? You feeling any better Kelly? (your mood = sick :()

Crazy night of baseball last night – for anyone who is into baseball like I am. ;) haha. I’m leaving work early today because hubby got me a ticket to meet and get Cliff Lee’s autograph, so I’m really excited! He’s my favorite Phillie, so all day I’ve been thinking of what NOT to say to him. I know I’m going to completely fangirl and look like a crazy pregnant toolbox but well, life happens. :)

How is everyone doing? You feeling any better Kelly? (your mood = sick :()

My Mum just rang me from Florida & said she was watching baseball yesterday :winkwink:

Im feeling much better than yesterday ~ Thankyou for asking :flower: But still under the weather....At least I am able to function today though :thumbup:

Hey have just came across from 2nd trimester to say Hello ..

Im due on 12th Feb & cant wait :) .. Team Pink confirmed yesterday

:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"