February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

GUPPP
did you post any scan pics?? Scarlet wants to see Elliot!!!!
hehehehehehehe :cloud9::hugs:

GUPPP
did you post any scan pics?? Scarlet wants to see Elliot!!!!
hehehehehehehe :cloud9::hugs:

I may have forgot to post piccys :dohh: i can't remember if i did or not :blush:

Yay, they can get married! :wedding: haha
Love at first bump :rofl:

Introducing Elliot Giovanni (jo-VAHN-ee) :cloud9:
He was quite the stubborn little man during the ultrasound so we dont have cutesy profile piccys :wacko: here is the best one. Its a pic of the face (someone thought it was his "goods" :dohh: ...erm not quite :rofl:) ...i think i have a diva on my hands :haha:

IMG_1066.jpg

oh and whoever wanted to know (my preggo-mama brain is getting to me :blush:), i am starting those suggestions to avoid a posterior baby NOW. I think now is better than later and im gonna keep working on it until the baby arrives. I think its worth not having a painful back labor again!

View attachment 273706[/QUOTE]

Love the name. Giovanni was our first choice for a boy but we are having a girl....maybe next time :) xx

View attachment 273706

Love the name. Giovanni was our first choice for a boy but we are having a girl....maybe next time :) xx
[/QUOTE]

I give you permission to use it next time :rofl: JK

I love it! (obviously :blush:) And it works well with DS's middle name (Joseph) because they both have the "jo" sound at the begining. ...i thought about spelling it Jovanni, but decide it looks too girly lol

View attachment 273706

I give you permission to use it next time :rofl: JK

I love it! (obviously :blush:) And it works well with DS's middle name (Joseph) because they both have the "jo" sound at the begining. ...i thought about spelling it Jovanni, but decide it looks too girly lol[/QUOTE]

haha thanks :p

tiger - your garden is so tropical. my parents and brother and sister live in Australia and I love it there, makes me feel a little homesick for them and the beautiful country. and wow you've been given loads of clothes!!! i love seeing them drying on the line :) x
thankyou, its actually very very dry at the moment out the back near the line though haha! you shoould see the front yard. its like a jungle at the moment lol.
Tiger it's tough coming up with a gender neutrel theme for a room. Liam's bedroom is painted blue and (will have) laminate flooring. I really don't want to paint it again because it was only done about a month before I got my BFP.
So we're thinking of either an underwater pirate and mermaid theme or a nighttime theme with a man in the moon liams side and a very pretty twinkle twinkle star amelias side.
As for your baby shower theme I defo prefer the pink one. The fisher price one looks too gender nuetrel.

Ohh and my good/bad news...at 23 weeks I have everything Amelia will need other than a tub of formula which I will buy mid-jan (planning to breastfeed but would like a tub in the house in case it's NEEDED and the shops are shut) and I'm trying to find a massive clear umbrella to keep us both dry when she's in the mei tai...but have no idea where to get one.

thats a really good idea for a them in the bedroom! you can work it both ways. we are renting unfortunately and cant paint or anything like that :( jesses room is quite small too so im finding it REALLY difficult to fit all of the stuff ive bought holly into his room aswell. he has WAY too many toys and stuff :haha: darn birthdays haha.
i really like the fisher price but it is too gender neutral :( i was hoping to pink it up with streamers and pink balloons etc but im not sure.
wow for being so organised ! i need to but some drawers or storage units or something to fit everything in but its SO expensive for them! arghh. we are saving to drive 1400km at christmas across state to see DH's family this year so saving is really hard and pretty non existant at the moment :nope:
Love all the clothes btw, how adorable!!!!!!!!!
When are you planning your shower? Jeni is planning mine/ours, and she wants to do it late nov, so it doesn't interefere w/anyones xmas plans, but do you feel like thats too early????
i dont think thats too early at all ! we are having mine literally JUST after christmas, and before new years because thats the only time i can do it because we are travelling across state for xmas and thats where all my friends and lots of family are. november is perfect.

Hey hey, for any girls in the US (they don't ship to Canada, so Canadian Mamas would have to get stuff shipped to a US address and have it forwarded... I don't think they ship anywhere else, but don't quote me)... Babylegs has a sale on until Monday; 75% off of $75!!!

FB75OFF75 is the code you use... And free shipping if your total after the coupon is applied is $30+...

I just got $126 worth of leg warmers for $31.50 shipped! :D Got some newborn ones and some regular ones. :)

ETA: The Christmassy ones aren't supposed to be included and the Santa Baby ones DH really wanted weren't on my order (took me a while to figure why I was only getting 60% off instead of 75%! :dohh:) but a friend ordered some of the Snowfall ones and it still took the 75% off of them for her...

I just bought 11 pairs of baby leg warmers!!! I got almost $100 taken off and free S+H! I got $130 worth of stuff for only $33, how awesome is that?! Thanks for the incredible share!

Yay! :D No problem! I'm excited to get the package!! :yipee:

BTW, have you considered TENS for back labour? I had some pretty horrible back labour (MW thought DD may have been back to back, then maybe she had her hand by her face... But nope, just random back labour...) and I'm thinking about renting a TENS machine from a local doula... Also going to have a tennis ball on hand for massage and try to get some good info on counter pressure for DH, as my MW did most of that last time....

Hey hey, for any girls in the US (they don't ship to Canada, so Canadian Mamas would have to get stuff shipped to a US address and have it forwarded... I don't think they ship anywhere else, but don't quote me)... Babylegs has a sale on until Monday; 75% off of $75!!!

FB75OFF75 is the code you use... And free shipping if your total after the coupon is applied is $30+...

I just got $126 worth of leg warmers for $31.50 shipped! :D Got some newborn ones and some regular ones. :)

ETA: The Christmassy ones aren't supposed to be included and the Santa Baby ones DH really wanted weren't on my order (took me a while to figure why I was only getting 60% off instead of 75%! :dohh:) but a friend ordered some of the Snowfall ones and it still took the 75% off of them for her...

I just bought 11 pairs of baby leg warmers!!! I got almost $100 taken off and free S+H! I got $130 worth of stuff for only $33, how awesome is that?! Thanks for the incredible share!

Yay! :D No problem! I'm excited to get the package!! :yipee:

BTW, have you considered TENS for back labour? I had some pretty horrible back labour (MW thought DD may have been back to back, then maybe she had her hand by her face... But nope, just random back labour...) and I'm thinking about renting a TENS machine from a local doula... Also going to have a tennis ball on hand for massage and try to get some good info on counter pressure for DH, as my MW did most of that last time....

Im super excited to recieve the leg warmers too! Im gonna use them on DS and then share them between the two, might as well get some use out of them before Elliot arrives :D

Most ppl in the US have no idea what a TENS Machine is (probably bc mostly everyone gets the epidural). But i am interested in learning more! How much does one cost? ...I def had my support ppl do TONS of counter pressure and hip squeezes. And water was my best friend. I had DH make a fist and push/rub it into my back, but that didn't last very long...when i am in active labor i find it extrodinarly hard to communicate. Sometimes i know what i want but just can't get the words out, but most of the time i couldn't figure it out in my head :blush: even though i know now what i wanted then, but for some reason could not communicate it. Anyways, i told DH to stop with the fist rub/pressure (at the time). But really it just hurt bc he was rubbing way too much with his knuckles and not actually with his first. If he wasn't digging his knuckles into my back, then i would have had him keep doing it. I wanted him to keep doing but at the time i couldn't communicate with him that his knuckles were hurting me, and so that was the end of that...since then ive told DH all of my needs so hopefully this time is a better go!

I must be crazy, but the contractions themself didn't bother me at all. That didn't hurt me...they felt like belt straps being tightened, but it was the babys head pressing against my back that hurt like bloody murder...if it wasn't for the sunnyside up factor, i am convinced labor would be a breeze....i really hope neither of us (or any of us!) get back labor this go around!

Morning ladies hope your all well.... Its scan day for me :D im so excited xx

Back from my chaotic weekend, so catching up!

Aw, thanks Tobaira! :hugs: I really was in need of hugs, I just hit the end of my rope for a moment! LOL. Hormones, I swear! ;) I don’t blame you for a no on the cats – I’d be telling anyone that no other pets are permitted in my house too. We have one (small) dog and that’ll be enough of an adjustment for all parties involved, once we bring baby home. I’m appalled they even considered asking to bring cats, especially clawed, to your house for such a period of time when you’re trying to adjust to (double-)newborns! Bless your heart! lol.

Glad hubby stepped in JP, because that was over-the-line IMO. :hugs: Hope things are better for you now!

Congrats on the appraisal EngineerGirl, that’s great!

Aw AlmostMama, so happy for you! Welcome to team :pink: and congrats on such a beautiful baby girl!

Sorry to hear you’re struggling with sleep Geogem! I have nights like that, though they are slowly getting better. I walked about 5 miles at least on Saturday with my mom (picking apples/pumpkins, shopping, etc) so I was totally wiped this weekend and crashed. Normally I have a really hard time falling asleep. /: I did find a few websites with suggestions on sleeping during pregnancy but none of the remedies I tried (such as warm milk) worked for me… yet.

Welcome ChasesMommy!

OMG BABYLEGS SALE! Thanks for sharing, I LOVE that site. I am ordering NOW. xD

Aw Guppy he’s adorable! Aria approves. :thumbup: :haha:

YAY AMANDA! Hope all goes well! :dance:

To all the mommas who have LOs and have posted – thank you! Completely reassuring to read your posts, as I haven’t done any reading really about preparing for LO (yet) and though I plan to do some educating myself, I really was praying people were right in saying that you learn as you go. There is a clinic nearby that does free classes, and I may attend a few (B/F is one of them) if I can, I’m hoping I can learn what’s best for Aria through experience. So I’m feeling much better about being so “lax” compared to some of my book-immersed friends who have called me foolish for not reading enough.

AFM, I am happy to report that things with MIL seem to be getting better – perhaps more of my impatience than anything? Saw her yesterday and realized how overjoyed she was over having washed Aria’s clothing and stuff, so my heart thawed. It just makes her feel so involved and I keep reminding myself, it took her 9 years to conceive, she had a very rough pregnancy and was not permitted to have more children after she had OH (and a m/c). So this is her way of living out having the girl she always wanted, plus she’s ecstatic for us. After much time thinking and just praying for my own body to have some more patience, I’m going to clean-slate it and look forward to the next time I spend time with her, as yesterday was a pleasurable experience! Phew. :)

Okay, long update over, if I missed anyone, I am so sorry! xoxoxo Off to order massive amounts of BabyLegs now!

Okay seriously, thank you again for sharing about BabyLegs. I almost placed a HUGE order last week and am so glad I waited! :dance: Got a ton of things for a great price... so freakin' excited!

OH is like o-O

Clearly, he does not understand how awesome this is. :haha:

Woop woop scan was great!!!

Its a BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay seriously, thank you again for sharing about BabyLegs. I almost placed a HUGE order last week and am so glad I waited! :dance: Got a ton of things for a great price... so freakin' excited!

OH is like o-O

Clearly, he does not understand how awesome this is. :haha:

Ok can someone please tell me what these are? I have NEVER heard of them.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->