February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Happy 19 weeks Kelly.. :)

My 20 week scan is in 6 days... On wed at 3pm... so excited.. i havent seen baby since 9 weeks so been forever..

How are you all doing today.. :)

Okay, I had to skim through all the pages I missed, because Evey is being quiet for 2 minutes... She's been SUPER shrieky and demanding the past couple of days.

I got my Babylegs shipping notice yesterday... I checked out the tracking number and it looks like they've just printed the label off so far though, but hey, hopefully that means my package is ready to go!! :thumbup:

Room looks good Guppy! We are unsure if we're moving, so I don't think there's much point painting... Our lease is up in November and I don't THINK we'll be moving then, but maybe 6 months from then... Either to a bigger apartment in the same complex (though ours is in a great place and although our neighbours are a bit annoying sometimes, we don't have any major problems.. Old apartment sucked for neighbours!) or elsewhere if we can find a house to rent. I was thinking about getting some decals and decorating at least a bit, but it feels a bit naff to make the room look all pretty, then move and use the same decor at a new place... I don't know why... :lol:

Still no news on my BabyLegs. Boo! But obviously they got a ton of orders so I'm being patient as possible. I mean, I can't use them yet anyway sooooo... :haha:

I was confused too Kelly! I thought maybe it was just me, that everything's changing everytime I log on but only in my head. Guess not! :dohh: xD

thanks!
Yeah, we were in that situation, we figured we were moving (which we did) so im glad i didn't put the time and effort into painting and everything. Decals is a great idea! ...im lazy though so personally i would off until i knew for sure what was going on, but at the same time planning is fine so i dont know if i would be able to resist :blush:

Ow, ow, ow Guppy! :haha: I admire your dedication, but there is no way I could do that. I would die. Shudder!

But I popped on to ask you: chiropractor. Can you tell me more please? Was yours reccommended by your doctor? If not, how did you go about finding someone with practice/expertise with pregnant women? My back has been throbbing so badly lately, likely because of my sitting non-stop at work, and I'm desperate for any kind of relief possible, because I'm so tense and rigid and just ow. I had a pregnancy massage a few months back, but the aching has not faded and it doesn't feel as though it's muscular pain as much as just pain-pain if that makes sense.

Thank you :blush:

So, i relocated to new hampshire from PA about a year and a half ago, so i had a tougher time getting recommendations and all. however, my son goes to a pediatricians office that is very holistic and natural in their ways (they use modern meds too but try to be open minding with a holistic health, etc). anyways, in their building they have acupunturist, chiropractor, nutrionist, etc. I was seeing some bonkers guy in a different town but i was not satisfied with him (at all). Since i am a child birth educator, i asked the other local child birth educators and they recommend the place i currently go to. If you know anyone else in the area, just ask around. Word of mouth is the best way to do it. ...the other chiro i was seeing (the crappy bonkers guy :wacko:) was actually recommended by my doctor...well she should not have recommended him at all :nope: he was horrible and didn't really help much. So i say ask friends, family...you could ask your doc or better yet your maternity care provider, and see what you find. I also recommend doing an internet search. I got a few recommendations from the child birth ed teacher, and then i did my online research and found this lady who is speacilized in prenatal and pediatric chriopractic. With that said, when i lived in PA and was pregnant (preconception to about 27 weeks) i had this one chiropractor, he didn't techincally specialize in pregnancy, but he was still excellent and helped me greatly!

have fun at your scan!!!!

anyone getting acupuncture done? I am bound and determined to not have another posterior baby lol Mine insurance wont cover it but i did find a local acupuncturist that does group acupuncutre and so it only cost $15 per visit instead of $80!

I have accupunture once a month to keep away terrible headaches ive suffered with for about 6 years! :dohh:

Thats a great price :thumbup:

Do you think going 2x per month will be enough to get the baby in the anterior position? I know its recommended that you go a couple times per week and i knwo that is an EXCELLENT price, but we just cant afford it :nope: Whats your opinion? :shrug:

Thanks Guppy! I'm definitely going to do some research, see what I can find out about it. I'm just struggling with intense back pain, but hubby seems skeptical of a chiro (as his experiences are limited and he thinks they're all whack-a-doodle lmao) so I'm like SIGH. haha. I'm sure the majority of my pain, besides my changing body, is because I'm confined to a desk all day, 5x a week. So it's like... after 45 hours a week of sitting at a desk per week, my poor back just cannot handle it. :brat:

I'm bummed too, apparently babysteals had great baby carriers and I was a half hour too late for the sale! :brat: :haha:

No time to catch up with all the posts right now - just saying hi, hope you're all well!

Hi ladies,

hope we are all doing well,

so, my sister is testing tomorrow morning!! yay!! after her struggles and going through ivf i really really hope this is it for her! i am awaiting a 7am phonecall to let me know, is it strange that i want this for her more than i did for myself! maybe its because i knew i could just try again next month but with her it means a whole lot more saving up and heartache and stress if this isnt it for her?

just sooo want to know and will be gutted if this isnt her time.

well, i will update tomorrow - good or bad and let you all know!!

:)

Your pictures look great Guppy - I wasn't brave enough to paint in more than one color lol! We actually painted the nursery on Sunday so here are my pictures.. the color is a honey butter that can look more orange or yellow depending on whether there is natural light or not. Of course the cat thinks we put the cribs together just for him. And yes, I did freak out once we had both cribs put together thinking omg how are we going to handle two at once. But as long as I stay out of the nursery I'm fine lol!!

As for the whole flu shot thing I go back and forth on it since I normally don't get it. I will probably just ask my dr and go with whatever she says. I was taken down really badly by pneumonia last year so it's made me a little paranoid about the flu. DH got a shot this year because I'm pregnant, he normally skips it too. I thought maybe if he was covered then I could skip it lol.

Attachments

• nursery_3Oct11a.jpg
    nursery_3Oct11a.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 4
  • nursery_3Oct11c.jpg
    nursery_3Oct11c.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 3
Hi ladies,

hope we are all doing well,

so, my sister is testing tomorrow morning!! yay!! after her struggles and going through ivf i really really hope this is it for her! i am awaiting a 7am phonecall to let me know, is it strange that i want this for her more than i did for myself! maybe its because i knew i could just try again next month but with her it means a whole lot more saving up and heartache and stress if this isnt it for her?

just sooo want to know and will be gutted if this isnt her time.

well, i will update tomorrow - good or bad and let you all know!!

:)

Sending your sister some baby dust!!! :dust::dust:

The room looks beautiful Tobaira!

Sorry about missing the baby steal deal Swanxx. But they do post carriers frequently so just keep checking back :D

geogem - sending your sister LOTS AND LOTS of :bfp: vibes !
everyones nurserys look great. i havent even started :nope: jesses room will be both their rooms and its so tiny but we will be moving before she gets put in the same room with jesse so im unsure if i should decorate or not :shrug: also we rent so i cant paint , was thinking of getting those removeable stickers for the walls etc ?
feelign a little better today, still not great. yesterday was awful to be honest. i had a bucket next to me filled with nappies and wipes for jesse so i didnt have to move too much unless it was to get jesse food or water. i napped when jesse did from 1.30pm-3.30pm and then my mum got home and i fell asleep again on the lounge from 430-530pm. and jonno sent me to bed at 630pm because i was so ill i could hardly move :cry: i had a good 12hrs sleep and i feel a little better today, i sound like a man when i talk though and my throat is still unbelievably swollen and u can see how bad it is looking at my neck. i keep coughing up massive balls of puss and blood :sick: :sick: its awful ! i think im going to need antibiotics but i cant take them ?

and sharing how much ive popped in 3 days :shock: exactly 20 weeks and today at 20+3 :wacko:

20 weeks.jpg
Snapshot_20111007.jpg

Tobaira- looks great!! I love the kitty in one of the cribs ;) ps- if you are trying to keep him out eventually I have found tin foil laid in the crib to be a great deterant to start training my cat to stay out :)

Tiger- look at you!! You look so great! I have bump envy!!

Gem, hoping for your sister to have gotten her sticky bean!! Sending her lots and lots of :dust:

Tiger, it is great that you are feeling a bit better today!! I hope that you get better ASAP! Great bump!! It really got big over the 3 days!!

Tiger, that is one AWeSOME bump!!! Baby must have had a growth spurt!

Love the colors guppy!

The box springs and frame are finally out of the baby's room yay now just need the tv stand out and I can start organizing and hopefully DH will paint it for me. Did u guys paint it ? Cause I've heard we can't paint pregnant but then heard we can w window open and mask ect. Although I want stripes so hoping DH can handle that request.

Jokerette I can't believe your nursery done already crazy.

My butt and back of my thighs are killing me everyday. This working standing up is not working out for me this pregnancy. I need a prenatal massage so bad! I need my glutes rubbed!,,,

Your pictures look great Guppy - I wasn't brave enough to paint in more than one color lol! We actually painted the nursery on Sunday so here are my pictures.. the color is a honey butter that can look more orange or yellow depending on whether there is natural light or not. Of course the cat thinks we put the cribs together just for him. And yes, I did freak out once we had both cribs put together thinking omg how are we going to handle two at once. But as long as I stay out of the nursery I'm fine lol!!

As for the whole flu shot thing I go back and forth on it since I normally don't get it. I will probably just ask my dr and go with whatever she says. I was taken down really badly by pneumonia last year so it's made me a little paranoid about the flu. DH got a shot this year because I'm pregnant, he normally skips it too. I thought maybe if he was covered then I could skip it lol.

The room looks great!! I LOVE YOUR CAT IN THE CRIB!!!! SOOOOO CUTE!!!

Tiger, that is one AWeSOME bump!!! Baby must have had a growth spurt!

i think she has, because i used to be able to tell when jesse was having one because he would move an insane amount when he was growing, and the last 2 days she has been non stop. rolling, kicks, flips and stretching out, im feeling her move at least twice an hour at the moment and it was nowhere near that much this time last week. im really excited to go to my scan next week and find out how much she has grown since 18weeks.
also plus side about the scan is confirming she is a she ! lol
thankyou ladies :hugs: im feeling much better right now, thank goodness. throat is still awful but i can deal with that !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->