February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Ok I posted a thread on a different section but just wondered for anyone who may have had normal contractions and back contractions how u would compare the two. Better worse ect.?
Guppy I know you had a posterior baby too did u only have back labor? I've never had a belly contraction and I'm a little scared.

thanks ladies
i really think im going to have to get my bum out :( i have a massive phobia about it :cry: ughh its really quite large and it hurts to sit down :( this is ridiculous.

Tiger I had a thromboses external before. It is painful! And it will take weeeeeks to go away on its own if you don't get it fixed. The "surgery" is no big deal at all. I had it done at the ER because I couldn't stand to wait I was in pain. It was so simple. They used a tiny needle to numb the area then they made a tiny incision to open the hemorrhoid and they removed the clot. Done. Gross sure, but kind of like popping a zit... They just need to get the blood clot out because it will either get bigger or take weeks to reabsorb. The incision is far more effective and quicker. Now I am super careful and if I feel like one is coming I use tucks wipes and baby the area. I have never gotten a thrombosed one since.

Tiger I had a thromboses external before. It is painful! And it will take weeeeeks to go away on its own if you don't get it fixed. The "surgery" is no big deal at all. I had it done at the ER because I couldn't stand to wait I was in pain. It was so simple. They used a tiny needle to numb the area then they made a tiny incision to open the hemorrhoid and they removed the clot. Done. Gross sure, but kind of like popping a zit... They just need to get the blood clot out because it will either get bigger or take weeks to reabsorb. The incision is far more effective and quicker. Now I am super careful and if I feel like one is coming I use tucks wipes and baby the area. I have never gotten a thrombosed one since.

had u been to the dr previously before the ER ? tbh the drs here are AWFUL and im really worried they arent going to take me seriously and will just say ' eat more fibre, drink more water' when i know its passed the stage already :nope:

had u been to the dr previously before the ER ? tbh the drs here are AWFUL and im really worried they arent going to take me seriously and will just say ' eat more fibre, drink more water' when i know its passed the stage already :nope:

It all sort of happened over a long weekend. So I remember I called my doctors office and they told me to do a sitz bath and have lots of fiber etc. But these problems only help prevent future ones, they don't actually make the thrombosed go away. So I called again and the doctor on call told me if it was really bothering me to go to the ER. So I did. The doctors were right about the preventative methods... It's better to prevent the problem before it happens, but that one was too late.

Ok I posted a thread on a different section but just wondered for anyone who may have had normal contractions and back contractions how u would compare the two. Better worse ect.?
Guppy I know you had a posterior baby too did u only have back labor? I've never had a belly contraction and I'm a little scared.

So, in my mind i only had back labor. I ask my friend (has a 14 month old) quite often "what do regular contractions feel like?"...and of course its hard for me to understand as i didn't have any, from the start (my water broke first within 10 min i was contracting) it was ALL back labor. With that said, if i didn't have any back labor, i really dont think regular contractions would be bad at all. I know some would disagree but those are likely the folks who never had that much back labor, or even more than just back labor, a baby hitting their spine. ...did you have back labor with your LO? Everyone, and i mean EVERYONE (especially care providers) have told me if you had back labor and got through unmedicated, then normal contractions will be a breeze! So although i dont know what they feel like i am highly confident that they will be GREATLY easier than back contractions! I dont know if my back labor was so intense and painful that i just didn't notice up front contractions, but i honestly think if it wasnt for back labor and baby on my spine, i dont think it would be bad! So point is, if you had back labor, furthermore back labor with an OP baby, then i would def. say the thoughts of normal contractions should be happy ones as they are not half as bad, or so ive been told :thumbup:

Yeah, just go to the dr. Sounds like the procedure is mild... and anyway, you might as well get used to the feeling of a breezy tushie! :)

I think we will all be praying for a very mild February. And late January, in case some of us go early. Unfortunately I think I heard it's going to be a bad winter? I remember thinking I would just stay home a lot, since I'll be huge anyway... But I guess that trip to the hospital is one I will have to take.

Yeah, just go to the dr. Sounds like the procedure is mild... and anyway, you might as well get used to the feeling of a breezy tushie! :)

I think we will all be praying for a very mild February. And late January, in case some of us go early. Unfortunately I think I heard it's going to be a bad winter? I remember thinking I would just stay home a lot, since I'll be huge anyway... But I guess that trip to the hospital is one I will have to take.

And early March! haha, if i go as far overdue as i did before, it will be first week of March for me, despite my EDD being Feb 23rd :haha:

Hey ladies..

I think were all praying for a nice winter... but its winter so i doubt it will be that great.. i have to drive to the hosp 45 mins away like every week in feb.. so we will see.. at least i have 4 wheel drive.. :)

1 more sleep away from my scan.. :) Yippee

And early March! haha, if i go as far overdue as i did before, it will be first week of March for me, despite my EDD being Feb 23rd :haha:

This is true. I was one week overdue with ds, so that would put me at March 4th... (not that it matters in my case)
You know, I read about all these ladies who take raspberry leaf tea and do all these other things to make labor come early... Might be a good idea to get some tea in case there's a nice break in the weather!
I guess I am lucky in that we are only about 5 minutes from the dr's office and same distance from the hospital. I was forgetting, but we'll be making that trip every week near the end, huh? :)

^shizz! :dohh: i forgot about the biweekly then weekly trips...idk though, my MWs dont do internals and stuff so they may be more lenient....i'll have to ask

i feel sorry for you girls who dont get 2 ultasounds.
ok ladies - i have a really humiliating question to ask.
since i had jesse, i have suffered from quite bad hemarroids and it makes it very painful to go to the toilet :blush: they bleed ALOT, well last night since it was our anniversary, DH thought it would be ok to try and get some 'bum fun' :nope: well it hurt like u wouldnt believe, and now my hemarroid that i was already worried about has doubled in size and its making sitting very difficult, its extremely sore and bleeding quite often :cry: i looked on google and it looks exactly like something called a 'thrombosed external hemaroid' and now im freaking out because they are very dangerous and require surgery :nope: :cry: im so embarassed. i really dont want to go to the dr but i know im going to have to :cry: i have a massive fear of having to show my bum to a dr. its horrifying to be honest. im really worried. and im so scared to go to the toilet :cry: what do i do?

Tiger, I have actually had something called an anal fissure for the last 5 years (since having DS1), it was caused from my pushing for almost 4 hours. I have gone to the doctors, but I am really scared to have the surgery for it. It hurts to have a BM and it bleeds. It essentially is that the muscle does not relax properly to allow anything to pass. You can notice a lump where the fissure is on the external part... so if my DH even gets anywhere near there it is terrible pain. I was thinking that after I have this baby I might have the surgery, even though I am really nervous about it!

^shizz! :dohh: i forgot about the biweekly then weekly trips...idk though, my MWs dont do internals and stuff so they may be more lenient....i'll have to ask

i totally forgot about that too! maybe i should invest in some new winter tires for my car before that New England winter hits!!

Guppy- I def did not go unmedicated lol but the time from labor starting till epidural was not terrible that's why I ask cause people are always like contractons hurt so bad but maybe it is later in labor as I walked in 4 centimeters and got an epidural as soon as I was all hooked up. However labor was God awful. Oh well guess I'll find out in Feb.

I too am praying for light snow and I LOVE snow!!! My drive is pretty easy though 15 min maybe dr. office is farther than hospital.

i totally forgot about that too! maybe i should invest in some new winter tires for my car before that New England winter hits!!

that could be a good idea..of course if i could afford new tires on my jeep, then i would have just dont a homebirth :haha:
We do have four wheel drive though....i think i may ask my MWs if i can just check my blood pressure and stuff at home. They let us do our own dipstick test anyways, so i dont think they would have a problem with it :thumbup:

I too have a jeep that needs new tires.. like 500 for a new set though.. so hoping the winter isnt that bad.. we will see when the time comes i guess.. for now its still nice..

Hey ladies..

I think were all praying for a nice winter... but its winter so i doubt it will be that great.. i have to drive to the hosp 45 mins away like every week in feb.. so we will see.. at least i have 4 wheel drive.. :)

1 more sleep away from my scan.. :) Yippee

YAY FOR YOUR SCAN!!!!!! Are you finding out the sex?

JuneBugs-nope staying team yellow.. thinking it will hard though.. now thats its tomorrow.. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->