February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

All this talk of snow makes me dread winter. :haha: I hate snow! :brat:

YAY for one more sleep until LilRojo's scan! :D How exciting! :dance:

Aria is kicking away and distracting me from doing work today. I'm like :dohh: everytime I realize I'm spacing out again.

Guppy- I def did not go unmedicated lol but the time from labor starting till epidural was not terrible that's why I ask cause people are always like contractons hurt so bad but maybe it is later in labor as I walked in 4 centimeters and got an epidural as soon as I was all hooked up. However labor was God awful. Oh well guess I'll find out in Feb.

I forget, i do apologize, but was your baby posterior? I know quite a few women who, despite getting an epidural, still had a LOADS of back pain because the baby was posterior (OP). Because of the pressure on the spine from the babys head, even an epidural doesn't always help...that really puts it into perspective about how JUST how bad posterior baby back labor is! So i am very hopeful for you, that this time will be much smoother, assuming no OP baby ;)
I was in GOD AWFUL pain around 3-4cm BUT i do know for certain it was because of the OP baby. ...i think women who have not experienced back labor (or even an OP baby, bc OP baby back labor is worse than "regular" back labor), will certainly say "regular contractions" are awful. and certainly, labor is no picnic and contractions will hurt many, but when you have back labor to compare that to or OP baby back labor to compare it too, i think we quickly realize that "regular" contractions are not so bad. But for those who have never experienced back labor, they will probably say how terrible it is in the early hours. Im not saying, for one minute, that "regular contractions" dont hurt! Im sure they can and do for many! But what i am saying, in comparison, "regular contractions" are not as bad as back labor or OP baby back labor (i differentiate between the two back labors because i firmly believe back labor is worse than regular labor, but OP baby back labor is a million times worse than regular back labor). :thumbup:

Tiger; have you tried witch hazel soaked into a cotton pad? That has never helped with mine much though tbh... Warm baths do though... Just sitting and soaking... My MW recommended grating a potato and applying it to the hemorrhoid and then sticking some gauze over it to keep it in place (and put a pad in your pants to protect from any potato-y leakage)... I STILL haven't tried that, but she swears by it.

I have both bum ones and vaginal ones from how long I was pushing :(

Guppy- I def did not go unmedicated lol but the time from labor starting till epidural was not terrible that's why I ask cause people are always like contractons hurt so bad but maybe it is later in labor as I walked in 4 centimeters and got an epidural as soon as I was all hooked up. However labor was God awful. Oh well guess I'll find out in Feb.

I forget, i do apologize, but was your baby posterior? I know quite a few women who, despite getting an epidural, still had a LOADS of back pain because the baby was posterior (OP). Because of the pressure on the spine from the babys head, even an epidural doesn't always help...that really puts it into perspective about how JUST how bad posterior baby back labor is! So i am very hopeful for you, that this time will be much smoother, assuming no OP baby ;)
I was in GOD AWFUL pain around 3-4cm BUT i do know for certain it was because of the OP baby. ...i think women who have not experienced back labor (or even an OP baby, bc OP baby back labor is worse than "regular" back labor), will certainly say "regular contractions" are awful. and certainly, labor is no picnic and contractions will hurt many, but when you have back labor to compare that to or OP baby back labor to compare it too, i think we quickly realize that "regular" contractions are not so bad. But for those who have never experienced back labor, they will probably say how terrible it is in the early hours. Im not saying, for one minute, that "regular contractions" dont hurt! Im sure they can and do for many! But what i am saying, in comparison, "regular contractions" are not as bad as back labor or OP baby back labor (i differentiate between the two back labors because i firmly believe back labor is worse than regular labor, but OP baby back labor is a million times worse than regular back labor). :thumbup:

Posterior is what they refer to as sunny side up right like the baby's back being in line w my back and not it's belly? Cause that is what I had pushed for 3 hrs straight and gave my self a black eye from straining so bad. I think my husband slapped me a few times cause I was passing out from being so drained from pushing so much. My hope is dr said only 5% baby's are born that way so come on could lightening strike twice really? lol hope not although with the contractions for me it's like the evil I know verses the evil I don't. ya know?

So I had regular contractions with my dd and they actually didnt hurt that bad.. i went in at 4cm.. they were more annoying.. lol but not too bad painwise.. I got not the epidural its called a pudendal block, i think.. at 7cm cuz i was scared of not having it and pushing.. this time im gonna try to go all natural.. :) fxed it works..

Couldnt imagine labor hurting that bad.. mine was the pushing and stitches afterwards that sucked..

Question on bfing.. may be a dumb one.. but would rather ask you ladies than my dr lol.. if you bf do you leak milk like when your being intimate with your hubby or no..

:hugs: Kelly, hang in there! I'm thinking of you! I'm sure you're ready to :brat: though! xD

So I had regular contractions with my dd and they actually didnt hurt that bad.. i went in at 4cm.. they were more annoying.. lol but not too bad painwise.. I got not the epidural its called a pudendal block, i think.. at 7cm cuz i was scared of not having it and pushing.. this time im gonna try to go all natural.. :) fxed it works..

Couldnt imagine labor hurting that bad.. mine was the pushing and stitches afterwards that sucked..

Question on bfing.. may be a dumb one.. but would rather ask you ladies than my dr lol.. if you bf do you leak milk like when your being intimate with your hubby or no..

OMG can I tell you those things squirted out so far and fast when we were intimate!!!!! It was so funny cause DH refused to taste it yeah well no way of that not happening LMBO it was great.

Oh off subject but the new Nicholas Sparks book came out and I didn't even know and I was walking in costco and it was the 1st book on the aisle Yay! I clapped in the store lol.

Is anyone that have LO's doing a refresher birth class or just going for it again?

Thats correct Saphire. Sunnyside up, posterior, back to back, OP, etc all mean posterior baby (facing up) :thumbup: I know what you mean about pushing. I pushed for 6 hours...it was a mix between my being tired (i had a 30 hour labor and freqent contractions) and a mix of my contractions slowing down during pushing, only coming once every 6-7 minutes. It took a LONG time for the baby to get under the pubic bone.

Re: LEAKING when you BF...erm yeah, i would say it happens many times...i had a severly low milk supply (from the start) and was only making about 4oz every 24 hour period, and when we :sex: sometimes it would just completly reflex out when i Oed! :blush: i didn't have a top or anything on though. ...and honestly it was pretty funny! :haha:

Is anyone that have LO's doing a refresher birth class or just going for it again?

I probably wont go, but with my educational background, i think thats legit...if i didn't have the training, i would probably go again :thumbup:

I dont think i will be going to any classes either.. Hasnt been too long since the birth of my dd so i dont think too much has changed.. although it is a new hospital.. but we will just go for it..

and thanks ladies.. sounds like leaking can be funny at times..

We didn't do any birth classes with E, so not going to be doing any this time. Hypnobabies Home Study Course here! Though whether I can get a copy of the booklet again or not, we shall see... I have the CDs copied already though.

And yeah.... BnB looks weird.... I kind of like it!

I wouldnt mind it if wasnt so slow.. taking forever for things to load.

Oh, lilrojo, we're scan buddies! Mine is tomorrow afternoon. On one hand I can't wait, on the other I'm really nervous that something won't look right. We're finding out the sex, and today my brother IM-ed me to remind me that I owed him a call as soon as we know. He's a very excited uncle-to-be!

20 weeks today!

Does anyone else get abdominal pain after sitting for a while? Mine feels like round ligament pain, but happens more when I've sat all day for some reason. Is that really round ligament pain or could it be something else? I'm going to ask my doctor when I go in next, but since I only see a radiology tech tomorrow that's not for another 2 weeks so I wanted to see if anyone else has this.

I'm so confused with new BNB. Holy baloney. lol.

Won't be on as much during the weekdays until nightfall now. Must cut back on internet activity at work. :dohh: ;)

Yay EngineerGirl.. happy scan day to us.. not sure about the round ligament pains i normally get them when i sit then stand up.. maybe its from sitting for long periods and then finally standing.. not sure.. you dont see your dr too.. I see my dr right after, my us is at 3.. then dr is at 4..

I like the new bnb.. wont stop me from being on here.. your all too wonderful to be bothered by that..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->