February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Oh my gosh, Guppy, I'd be really worried about that... I bet NH winters are bad... We're in Ohio, and a few years back we got a blizzard in Feb. It was actually the year my son was born, but I was only 2 mos along in Feb. Still it was scary. I was at work and I was trying to come home and the car got stuck in the parking lot. Took me forever to get out.
Our Februarys are historically pretty bad, weather-wise...
How bad would it be if you ended up having to go to the nearest place because the weather was too bad to get to your place?

My mum is freaked out that it's going to be really snowy here and we're going to have to go to hospital :rolleyes: I told her that if there is 5 foot of snow on the ground the day I go into labour, we'll consider what we need to do.... The roads here are cleared super quick (and we live right on a main road, with the 'emergency' hospital on the same road (I have one hospital I would go to incase of non-emergency - where I had E - and one, closer, if there's an emergency)).. The roads in the UK shut for a thin layer of slush when DH and I were visiting in December 2009... :dohh: :rofl: So my mum thinks it's the same here...

My Babylegs tried to be delivered Saturday, so DH should be bringing them home today! :yipee:

P.S Viability day for me tomorrow!! :D (Assuming they still say it's 24 weeks...)

:haha:

lilrojo- what are your plans, i see your in Minnesota which i know can be harsh (or even worse) in the winter!

AmaryllisRed- yeah, well im originall from central PA and we got REALLY BAD lake effect snow in the winter...so im not sure whats considered bad or not haha, but i live on the NH Coast now...as long as your on the coast, its bad but not as bad as lake effect...the problem is i have to drive an hour in land and thats where the weather gets worsse...im nervous about it :(...there is a hospital within 10 min from my house. I delieved DS there...but i do not trust them one bit for what they did with my child and me, and tbh i probably wouldn't go there unless i really thought something was wrong...

idk what im gonna do though, but was just wondering how everyone in general is dealing with such a thing.
February is our WORST month of the year, weather wise....here, unlike PA, when it snows-IT SNOWS :cold:. So we just get absoululty DUMPED with snow over a day or two, which can be good and bad because if its not on that day, then roads are fine...but if it is on that day its bad. Usually if we get snowfall its 1-2ft at a time, and that happens about 1-2x per week in the winter...okay im ranting haha. They are good about getting roads cleared, but being an hour drive (in good weather), its hard to say how other towns are with clearing the roads...and i have to drive on the back roads to get there (lovely New Hampshire has a lack of main roads :wacko:)

Happy Thanksgiving JuneBugs! :) Love the name Mason, btw!

Aw Guppy; I don’t blame you. :hugs: Winter weather is always concerning around here too, which is the only downside to having a winter baby. FX that we have mild winters! My one blessing is that it’s main roads to Paoli, mostly, but that’s never to say the crappy PA roads are ever plowed anyway. xD As you well know! Last year we got dumped with snow, and ugh, it was awful. My workplace (and hubby’s for that matter) won’t close unless it’s a SOE so we spent many an hour on horribly plowed (or entirely unplowed) roads praying for miracles.

Guess we will be doing loads of anti-snow dances come February, for all our ladies on this board! :haha:

LilRojo you’re so close! :dance: I can’t wait to hear about your scan! And um, Minnesota winters – I hear they can be pretty brutal! I hope you have a clean streak when you go into labor!

YAY Night, congrats on hitting 24 tomorrow! I hit 23 tomorrow! :dance:

Kelly, when is your move? Getting close, right??

wow I can't imagine such long drives to the dr/hospital.. but then again we live 5 mins away from the hospital that I'll deliver at. I sometimes joke that I'll walk there. All depends on how the winter is. We got our first taste on Saturday with about 5" of heavy wet snow.. but of course as usual for here it was all melted by 3pm.

Had another u/s today. Love the fact that I get to see the twins so often. Thought I'd share my favorite pics I got today, B's feet next to A's head lol! And then another of just B's feet.. they are such cute feet!

Attachments

• twins 22 wks pic1.jpg
    twins 22 wks pic1.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 8
  • baby B 22 wks feet.jpg
    baby B 22 wks feet.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 8
wow I can't imagine such long drives to the dr/hospital.. but then again we live 5 mins away from the hospital that I'll deliver at. I sometimes joke that I'll walk there. All depends on how the winter is. We got our first taste on Saturday with about 5" of heavy wet snow.. but of course as usual for here it was all melted by 3pm.

Had another u/s today. Love the fact that I get to see the twins so often. Thought I'd share my favorite pics I got today, B's feet next to A's head lol! And then another of just B's feet.. they are such cute feet!

Awwwwww love them ~ :baby::baby: ~ They are 'topping & tailing' :cloud9::cloud9:

Guppy-I too have a hosp about 20 miles away, where my dd was born, but like u never want to go back unless absolutely necessary... unless there is an ice storm im going to drive the 45mins :)

and yes winters suck here bad,lots of snow & ice... blah hopefully the plows will b out... but who knows it will b what it will be right and pray its not too bad :)

This is waaay off topic, but did anyone else catch that Beyonce (vaguely) announced her due date??

February 2012!!!!

Anyone got the hook up to have her join our thread? :) hehe

Ahahah that is awesome. Beyonce knows the good month for birthin! ;)

This is waaay off topic, but did anyone else catch that Beyonce (vaguely) announced her due date??

February 2012!!!!

Anyone got the hook up to have her join our thread? :) hehe

Maybe she is already here...

Okay, 'fess up. Which one of you is secretly Beyonce?

:rofl:

unfortunately im albino compared to beyonce so not me......
i had a great anniversary yesterday :flower: we didnt do much lol, just went to the beach together while my parents watched jesse. we watched the sunset. it was nice actually.
i have a voice today ! wooohooo lol, its a crackly one, but its better than the nothing i had yesterday.
i have my hospital appt tomorrow ! (wednesday) (its 930am tuesday here) and then my ultrasound on thursday :dance: im so excited to see holly again, altho im super paranoid that there is going to be a penis ! im really terrified to be honest :haha:

Wow ladies, lots going on in this thread! Congrats to geogem's sister! Glad momanddad's placenta and cord measured OK but sorry about the clot fears. Welcome to our new ladies.

I am 20 weeks tomorrow and my scan is Wednesday! I'm both excited and nervous. I haven't seen baby since an ultrasound at 6+6 to rule out an ectopic since my doctor only does one routine ultrasound. We didn't do any testing, so I really have no idea how baby is doing in there, other than that some days he or she is finally kicking so I can feel him or her on the outside (but DH hasn't yet - baby either stops before he can feel it or it's that I can only really tell because I feel it on the inside too).

i feel sorry for you girls who dont get 2 ultasounds.
ok ladies - i have a really humiliating question to ask.
since i had jesse, i have suffered from quite bad hemarroids and it makes it very painful to go to the toilet :blush: they bleed ALOT, well last night since it was our anniversary, DH thought it would be ok to try and get some 'bum fun' :nope: well it hurt like u wouldnt believe, and now my hemarroid that i was already worried about has doubled in size and its making sitting very difficult, its extremely sore and bleeding quite often :cry: i looked on google and it looks exactly like something called a 'thrombosed external hemaroid' and now im freaking out because they are very dangerous and require surgery :nope: :cry: im so embarassed. i really dont want to go to the dr but i know im going to have to :cry: i have a massive fear of having to show my bum to a dr. its horrifying to be honest. im really worried. and im so scared to go to the toilet :cry: what do i do?

YAY for upcoming scans! :dance:

I'm far too pale to be Beyonce either. Bummer!

Tiger... I've never had one, so I have no idea what exactly to suggest, but I'd say that however embarrassing, I'd ring the nurse and see what she thinks, at least. I mean, they're common in pregnancy so there's nothing truly about which to be embarrassed. I can guarantee it'll never be the worst they've seen or heard, you know? Maybe better to be safe than sorry, especially to relieve your own mental concerns. :hugs: I'm really sorry you're going through that though. :(

I have bad hemorrhoids since DS too. Mine don't hurt unless u touch them lol but man do they stick out sometimes tmi I know. Idk if I could get something done I'd be freaked out but I'm sure it would be better than this maybe after this one cause I'm sure it will be worse then. Another reason I have to tell DH no way lol
Hope u feel better I did get an rx cream analpram really helped.

:( Sorry you're in so much pain... yeah, calling the dr would be the best bet... but in the meantime, maybe a bath? Are we allowed to take baths? Tucks pads will probably help, too.
I've had some hemorrhoids since being pregnant this time, but nothing as bad as what you've described. Hope you feel better, hun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->