February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Hey all! I am so behind. I have been MIA because we are listing our house for rent and going to rent my parents house. It is smaller than our house now so I have been cleaning as much out as possible. Their house has a big fenced in yard (we have none). The have a st with 2 dead ends on either side so unless you live there you don't drive down it. (our road is so busy Jonas can't ride his bike). The school system is good and k-8th so he won't see a bus until High school. My DH is a little worried cause it's smaller but I say a house is a house w 2 kids you need a good comunity the rest is just material I feel.

The only downside to me is we will be moving in on February 1st Yikes!!!!!

Hope you all are doing well. I have to read back and see what you all have been up to.

No shower for me. Darn second baby thing.[/QUOTE]

It's my second but w 5 yrs apart and a different sex they are throwing me a shower yay!! Although I am having them put on the invite to visit the consignment shops not retail.

Thanks for the phone help, ladies! I have a feeling I'll need a plan to call from my cell (without a phone card), but we'll see. Dh told me to call from his iPad...I have no clue what he's talking about so he'll show me when he gets home, Lol!!

Hey all! I am so behind. I have been MIA because we are listing our house for rent and going to rent my parents house. It is smaller than our house now so I have been cleaning as much out as possible. Their house has a big fenced in yard (we have none). The have a st with 2 dead ends on either side so unless you live there you don't drive down it. (our road is so busy Jonas can't ride his bike). The school system is good and k-8th so he won't see a bus until High school. My DH is a little worried cause it's smaller but I say a house is a house w 2 kids you need a good comunity the rest is just material I feel.

Hope you all are doing well. I have to read back and see what you all have been up to.

Moving Feb 1st!!??! Wow!!!! Good luck to you, what a busy month that will be :)

I hope you don't get sick either Kelly!!

I'm still working Junebugs; as long as humanly possible because of the US and it's shoddy excuse for maternity haha. I will take 12 weeks if possible and then am planning to not return because of the cost of child care and me not feeling comfortable leaving her as an infant with a day care facility. :( we were thinking when she's two doing preschool and I would work PT. but I'm a mess today thinking about it. Trying to just be patient though - easier said than done! lol

DH and i have been talking about doing the same thing.... it is just so much money for child care here.
, i feel like i would almost be working for him to be in day care

^thats how it is for us and thats one reason why i am a SAHM. We did the math, once we pay for (one) kid in child care, plus a second car (we are a one car family), i would be breaking even every month! :dohh: soo not worth it! :nope:i am really grateful to be able to stay home, but we forefit SOOO much stuff. We can't afford for me to stay home, but we can't afford for me to work either, so we just MAKE it work. ....holy cow if i added Elliot into that mix, i would be going in the hole every month just to put them in day care!

Maternity "leave" is about a joke here...seriously, the vast majority of women get ZERO pay while they are off, by law they cannot get fired, by law they can keep their insurance, but by law the employer only has to hold their spot until 6 weeks PP....some ladies are lucky and get more time, other ladies get less time...only a very rare job will actually pay for maternity leave.

DH had paternity "leave" but he had to work their for one year, so we couldn't use it with DS. And then we found out he can take up to 10 weeks, however it IS unpaid :dohh: i dont know about you guys, but we can't even afford for him to have one unpaid day let alone 70!

The US is the ONLY developed country in the WORLD that does not offer one year paid maternity leave...which is such BS especially considering how much more we pay in taxes! :dohh:

I just picked up boxes from a friend who moved at 38 weeks! More power to you ladies - I'm so glad to be moving at just 22. She's a living example that you totally can do it, though (as are plenty of military women/wives).

Boxing up has me way more tired than I should be. At least it's getting me on my feet!

JP, when I used to work for a cell phone company, our customers had to call and have international calling added-- it wasn't expensive, especially just for one call-- and you can have it removed again if you don't plan to use it regularly. HtH. :)

saphire, I wish people would throw me a little shower! Ours will be 4 1/2 years apart, and we don't actually have very much baby stuff saved from DS. I can't help but wonder, if we knew this one was a girl, if people would want to throw me a shower.
Oh, well. :shrug: I'm going to enjoy the shopping, too. :)

Eeek about the crocodile! :argh: Where abouts is it? I thought they stayed up the North? :shrug:[/SIZE]

im in north queensland haha

:hugs: Tiger - hang in there chick!! And a croc?! Isn't that rather... Unusual to just be hanging out? Though I guess you ARE in the land of the croc hunter...? Haha
no- they are quite common around here lol, just not usually this close

this is a picture from the local paper, i live about 1min away from where he is !
crocc.jpg

Oh - cant remember who is doing it, but i will be moving house at about 37 weeks :wacko: aswell.

also - had a follow up appt to find out if my c-section date is definately changed and the bloody hospital never got back to my gp :grr: so have to wait another 3 weeks until my next appt to find out !!!! :dohh:

just want to share this video of jesse :cloud9: he was feeding the birds we have here (they come every morning and evening ) and they flew on him ! the look on his face is hilarious :haha:
please excuse mine and my mothers childish giggling haha
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txwUHbzY9gg

^thats how it is for us and thats one reason why i am a SAHM. We did the math, once we pay for (one) kid in child care, plus a second car (we are a one car family), i would be breaking even every month! :dohh: soo not worth it! :nope:i am really grateful to be able to stay home, but we forefit SOOO much stuff. We can't afford for me to stay home, but we can't afford for me to work either, so we just MAKE it work. ....holy cow if i added Elliot into that mix, i would be going in the hole every month just to put them in day care!

Maternity "leave" is about a joke here...seriously, the vast majority of women get ZERO pay while they are off, by law they cannot get fired, by law they can keep their insurance, but by law the employer only has to hold their spot until 6 weeks PP....some ladies are lucky and get more time, other ladies get less time...only a very rare job will actually pay for maternity leave.

DH had paternity "leave" but he had to work their for one year, so we couldn't use it with DS. And then we found out he can take up to 10 weeks, however it IS unpaid :dohh: i dont know about you guys, but we can't even afford for him to have one unpaid day let alone 70!

The US is the ONLY developed country in the WORLD that does not offer one year paid maternity leave...which is such BS especially considering how much more we pay in taxes! :dohh:

Like i said before i feel so bad for you girls... I just cant believe it how you get almost no time off with your little ones AD it's unpaid. I never complain about the time that we get just because of that!

hey everyone!! sorry i've been missing for a while. i've just been really preoccupied with things lately. feels like time is starting to really fly by!! im glad to read that everyone is doing well!! heres a 24 week bump pic from yesterday :)

https://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee396/eleblanc999/Baby%20LeBlanc%20Feb%202012/10-24-11-24Weeksand2Days.jpg

u look amazing !!!!!!!
you look so not tired or anything ! :grr: :haha:

Zombiekitten, you look 'glowing' :kiss: Im still waiting to 'glow'...Think I may be waiting some time! :haha:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JP ~ Loving your seasonal avatar :winkwink:

just want to share this video of jesse :cloud9: he was feeding the birds we have here (they come every morning and evening ) and they flew on him ! the look on his face is hilarious :haha:
please excuse mine and my mothers childish giggling haha
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txwUHbzY9gg

Aww :cloud9: Bless him.....It's like hes thinking......

'That darn parrots eating my jam/jelly on toast' :growlmad::haha:

aww tiger, he is adorable!

all you ladies who are moving house I really feel for you, I am just redecorating the house and swapping 2 bedrooms around and I feel like that is hard enough!

have noticed my little fella moving a lot more now and can even see it from the outside!

only have 9 weeks left at work ladies! yay!

right - better go, going to get some bits in the attic and carry on painting!

:)

Zombie - love the bump!! And boy are you ever glowing! Love it!

Tiger - holy crap that croc is huge! And oh my word your video of Jesse; just too adorable!

Saphire, congrats on the house and good luck moving!! xo

Junebugs - I agree - I would be working to cover child care, gas and other such. Chris and I carpool to work ATM so we would have to cover the extra car costs and my insurance would double if I went to PT!!! DOUBLE. it's so ridiculous. So making it work...somehow. I gotta take notes from other SAHMs lol.

Guppy, that's crazy! It's just the beginning of tax season for Chris when I'm due so he could take unpaid for a few days if he wanted...but not smiles upon. So he has 3 days vacation and then his two weeks roll over in late April. So we are planning some family time then LOL. Thank goodness my mom is willing to help for a few weeks until I get my feet under me. She will be helping (live in) with laundry and groceries and cleaning until I'm healed and steady on my feet, since it's my first and all. She's an angel.

Only 15 more weeks!! I kind f hope she comes a little early. I'd love to get off work sooner than later. But that's selfish and foolish of me, no? LOL.

I'm really grateful for the maternity etc we get here in the uk after listening to you US girls.

I will be taking 9 months paid and then 3 months unpaid (to be honest thinking of not going back to work after this too as we have the choice.

hubby gets 2 weeks paid paternity leave (only at £128 per week tho) but he also has some days saved that he has done some swap shifts for and some days leave so he is looking at getting almost a month off when LO comes.

I mainly want him at home for the first bit to give Blake some attention, as he is only 2 and very much spoilt I dont want him to think this baby has come to take his place so will be giving him a little more attention too so as to try and aleviate any jealousy.

JP, when I used to work for a cell phone company, our customers had to call and have international calling added-- it wasn't expensive, especially just for one call-- and you can have it removed again if you don't plan to use it regularly. HtH. :)

saphire, I wish people would throw me a little shower! Ours will be 4 1/2 years apart, and we don't actually have very much baby stuff saved from DS. I can't help but wonder, if we knew this one was a girl, if people would want to throw me a shower.
Oh, well. :shrug: I'm going to enjoy the shopping, too. :)

Aww so sad. Where do you live? I would throw you a shower I am great with games and party planning. Your staying team yellow I guess?

I don't get maternity leave at all because I own my own business so I have no employer to pay me :( I am blessed to have a great girl working for me so when at least she works I get half hopefully that will sustain the shop but I doubt it will do much else. oh well with the house change we should have extra money if everyone pays their rent LMBO

Tiger- what a crazy cute video that is awsome. I however am deathly afraid of flying things so I would have ran and hid but so fun for kids :)

Zombie- you look so cute. Great pic!

Zombie- you look great!

Swanxx-your mom is such a sweetheart! How lucky!

UK/CA girls...i think we need to relocate! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->