February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

@JP :haha: well that should serve you well! lol
Thats how i am too, i love the salt! Def salt everything to taste when preggo!

You don't have to tell me twice. I'm so bad with salt that, say we go to a Mexican restaurant. You know how they have chips and salsa? I don't like salsa. I shake some salt onto each chip I eat. Dh gets margaritas. I eat the salt from the rim. LOL

:blush: i eat the runny eggs this time..last time i took all of the precautions but this time...eh..not so much :blush:

Isaiah's personalized blanket arrived today! Just on time for the winter storm :cold:

SO CUTE!!! Where did you order that from??

hiii ladies!
i feel like its been forever since i've been in!
im so sorry to have missed so much!!! so busy getting things baby-ready, and with work, which has been a huge mess!

good news; we picked up scarlets crib and dresser/changer this last week, and we've ordered the chair for her nursery (which, btw, is so comfy, i may live in it!)
we have picked out her book case, but have yet to get round to picking it up.
and we've completed our baby registry for the shower
BUSY FEW WEEKS!

now, once jeni gets the last 2 walls of the nursery painted, we'll be basically ready to go!

stroller shopping is still stressing me out. i cant seem to decide on one and stick to it!
anyway, i missed the updated bump pics!
everyone looks FANTASTIC!

here is my most recent :) i was 22 wks, im almosttt 24 now, but havent had a chance to take one since

Great bump! You look fab!

Good day today thus far! We went to Babies R Us and made a payment on our furniture. Found out that it takes 2 weeks after you pay it off to come it. So we're probably going to just pay it off around the 2nd or 3rd week of Nov so we can have it at the beginning of Dec. Still need to find a bookshelf that goes!

Then we went to Target and I finally got my registry pack - 20$ gift card to Shutterfly is in there!!

Next was Barnes and Noble! I got a Knit London book. I can hardly knit yet, but I couldn't help myself, it's adorable! And a crochet magazine.

When we got home I had a package from our friends in Germany - I'd asked for a baby book in German and they sent an Adorable one. I don't speak German but I think it'll be fun for Sebastian to see some different languages. I have a friend in Paris who I've asked the same thing.

Now we're about ready to get dressed to go to Dh's cousins Halloween party. We'll see how long we stay...I know there will be a TON of kids there and while She is an awesome parent, most of her friends...not so much. I can't deal with kids who are screaming and throwing things and such. Lol.

Oh and NO LUCK on the body paint for Dh to paint my tummy!! We tried walmart and target and neither had orange. So maybe tomorrow we'll run to an actual Halloween store.

i like them !!!! :happydance:

TIG|! i just noticed in your ticker that your c-section is feb 23... i know i prob missed the post being the horrible absentee that i've been...*so sorry*, but why a c-section? i hope everything is ok???

everything is ok :thumbup: i had to have an emergency c-section with jesse after trying to push him out with no luck due to his position, and because of where i live and the circumstances involved in what happened last time ive been told that i need to have a c-section this time around.
it will either be the 16th or 23rd feb (waiting to hear back)

Hey ladies. Well I have gained 18lbs at my last visit but that was 2 weeks ago yikes oh well I was 163 with Jonas hoping to not get that high this time,

Swan- I can't believe we had snow here today too yuck. So cold and nasty.

I had Chinese food for dinner tonight I was not that impressed so I was bummed and ate a box of milk duds!

Johns- I am such a Saltahaulic too! I salt pizza and I def salt chips at chilis too lmbo. My DH is giving me a hard time now that Im pregnant w it so I hide what I can.

Jokerett- u look so cute! I love it. I gave up the costume idea. I was gonna paint my belly but it's too cold.

It's going to be waaaay too cold to bare the belly here. Not that I was thinking about it anyway. :blush:
Actually, my son is going as Indiana Jones, and I might do it, too. Here we are dressed as Indy and Big Fat Prego Indy. :)
both as indy.jpg

Jokerette, love your costume! Yours too Amaryllis! :D You both look great! I just painted my nails orange with black tiger stripes - will be dressing as a tiger on Monday for work (well, just wearing ears and a tail, to fit in with whoever else may dress up lol) and then to answer the door for Halloweeners. We considered going out but with the icy roads, we are watching a Boston Legal marathon instead. xD

Aw Junebugs! :hugs: No worries! Guppy supported what other women have told me - some need to gain more than others, and it doesn't matter what they do. I haven't been great at working out since I got pregnant, so I know I'm not as healthy as I had been, nor as strong. But I'm also not letting myself go to crap. So I'm trying to be positive about it. Hang in there; you have me as a buddy because I won't be stopping gaining anytime soon it appears! :haha:

Great bumps from you ladies; I love baby bumps. They're so exciting! I can't believe how close we're getting... hubby just pointed out we're almost in the double digits and I almost had a heart attack! lol.

Tomorrow we're doing another coat (er, hubby is, he refuses to let me do anything) on the bottom half of Aria's bedroom. Then the main painting is done! The trim needs to be done, and the chairrail... and then we can move her stuff back into her room! :dance: I wish it'd be done but these things happen. Hubby's feeling really sick so he's drinking OJ and whiskey and taking it easy. I don't want him to overdo it.

Anyone else going out in costume? Take and share photos!!! :)

Can't believe this nor'easter either! What is this nonsense, it's OCTOBER?! :haha:

Tomorrow is our town's trick or treat night...but im not sure if it will get rescheduled or not since we are getting a foot of snow. We already have about 5inches worth, and the storm warning is up until noon tomorrow :cold:

I got ladybug wings :D Im just gonna wear black leggings and a black shirt. Then put the wings and antennas on. Im gonna do some fun makeup with artificial eye lashes and some pretty red eyeshadow. I also have ladybug leg warmers :D They are red with black dots.

Isaiah has a red and white striped sweater. I got him some fake glasses and he is gonna go as Where's Waldo :haha:

I may just take him next door, but otherwise we will answer the door in our costume :D

Tomorrow is our town's trick or treat night...but im not sure if it will get rescheduled or not since we are getting a foot of snow. We already have about 5inches worth, and the storm warning is up until noon tomorrow :cold:

I got ladybug wings :D Im just gonna wear black leggings and a black shirt. Then put the wings and antennas on. Im gonna do some fun makeup with artificial eye lashes and some pretty red eyeshadow. I also have ladybug leg warmers :D They are red with black dots.

Isaiah has a red and white striped sweater. I got him some fake glasses and he is gonna go as Where's Waldo :haha:

I may just take him next door, but otherwise we will answer the door in our costume :D

I can not believe you are getting that much snow!! That is crazy, is it normal for it to snow like that this time of year in your area?

junebugs - i looked at your avatar and was like who is that ? :haha: i identify you by your avatar most of the time !
we dont celebrate haloween in australia :cry: i wish we did !

We don't do halloween in a very big way here either tiger. Some people do more than others but generally it's quite low-key.

Haha it might be the first time ever that trick-or-treat is cancelled or postponed for snow! Craziness. We didn't get any here in OH, just frost and fog and 27 degrees. :cold: BRRR!! I'm not ready for all this!

Can't wait to see the rest of the costumes!!

junebugs - i looked at your avatar and was like who is that ? :haha: i identify you by your avatar most of the time !
we dont celebrate haloween in australia :cry: i wish we did !

LOL.. ya I know.. everytime someone else changes there avatar it takes me a min. I can't believe you dont celebrate Haloween!! I love this time of year, just because i love seeing all the little kids so happy!!

So my husband and father in law are putting up all the wainscotting in the babies room today!! I will post pics. at the end of the day when it's done!

I can't believe all the snow some of you are having!! I grew up in CT and don't ever recall snow at this time of the year. I remember some Cold Halloweens, but I can't remember snow!! Be safe!!!

Halloween party last night was quite nice! I actually pulled on the witch dress I wore last year and there was enough give in the belly to wear it. Of course, that made the whole thing Shorter, so I wore some black maternity pants with it and it worked great! Dh FINALLY wore the Capt Hook outfit that I bought for him in, oh, 2005. It's Disney brand so it's MUCH nicer than the regular pirate outfit he wore last year. So he wore that with his Capt Jack dreads and pirate hat. Very sexy! :) We'll wear the same tomorrow for trick-or-treat time!

Okay...so...I'm sure you guys remember the issues with Dh's cousin that I've been having and about how she had to leave London early because her father passed away. Well, they scheduled the viewing for today (a Sunday, that's cool) and the funeral for tomorrow (a Monday...). It's a 6 hour drive, one way, for us. We, and one of John's sisters, are the ONLY ones who are out of town. There's no way we can go. If it were totally over the weekend, we could have gone. But John's in the military and while a LOT of the time he can get off work - he has a commissioning he has to do tomorrow. It's been scheduled, he can't reschedule it, and he HAS to be the one to do it. There's no way around it.

Now, this cousin, her mom, and her brother, have issues with the rest of Dh's family. I do NOT blame them. His family pretty much sucks and I have issues with them too. It's so bad that a few years ago I put a "no less than 5 year ban" on spending Christmas up there!! A ban that, honestly, will probably last pretty much forever. They are miserable people for the most part and luckily, Dh agrees!!

So anyways, every day I've texted her to just send some love and hugs and such. I know their phones are ringing off the hook so just wanted her to know that I'm there with her in spirit. At first, she was receptive to it but now, she's obviously pissed at me. Yet again. I don't know if the anger stage (which Dh was in immediately after his mom passed and took it all out on me...that was fun...) or if she's actually MAD AT ME. But since the viewing is today I sent her a message wishing her strength through the next couple of days and telling her how sorry I was that we can't be there. Her message back to me, "Don't feel bad. I don't expect anyone from the ***** family to be there today or tomorrow. But it's ok I have my mom and **** and that's more than enough family for me." Mkay. I wrote her and basically said that she knows that the family thing is NOT why we can't come and her reply "Like I said, don't worry about it."

Look, I KNOW her father just passed away. I know she's upset. I'm HOPING it's just the anger stage. But it still kind of pisses me off. I've Always been there for this girl. Since she was about 13 years old!! She knows that with the military you can't always get what you want. If we were in town, we'd be there. He'd be able to get away from work for a couple hours to get to the funeral tomorrow and we could be with them all day today. But we AREN'T. We are SIX HOURS away. It's just not possible for us to be there and I feel horrible about that. But if she's actually ANGRY at me for not being there - and it's NOT because her emotions are messed up...then I'm done. I can't deal with this anymore if it's just actually how she feels.

Johnprincess- I don't know what to say :( her text back to you want totally uncalled for but she may just be dealing with the death in a harsh way :( I'm sorry. I hope her attitude toward you shapes up!!!

Well we weathered the storm last night as you saw from my sailor costume! We had power when we left for the party but it was out when we got home around 1am. I'm in Massachusetts and as you New Englanders know there were SO MANY fallen trees last night! Driving home from the party was weird navigating around them in the road. But I'm glad I was able to be designated driver for DH and some friends. We still have no power now so I'm doing this on my phone but I may not be on BnB for a while till we get power back! Stay warm ladies!!!!

hi ladies,
just posted this as a new thread, but wnted to copy it here!

any help from my feb loves would be greatly appreciateddd :)

So, i'm just going on 24 weeks on weds, and the stroller is the FIRST thing we began to shop for.
now, many moons later, we have everything either bought or registered for, and still cannot seem to settle on a stroller!

is it JUST me, or do the number of options available make it seem OVERWHELMING???? :nope:

I want a full size with a carseat that can clip in, and most of the trendy strollers these days (ie; quinny) you have to remove the stroller seat and clip the carseat directly into the frame.
i feel like she'll be too exposed during winter this way!

I finally found a maxi-cosi (sister brand to quinny, which is what i was after, due to their sturdy wheels and strong frames)
but its only available in ONE colour; red on tan w/chocolate accents.
it's PERFECT, but we are expecting a little girl, and I worry the colours are too masculine.

Here is the link... if any of you have time, could you PLEASE have a quick peek and let me know what you think?

https://www.gograhamgo.com/2011/09/here-there-and-everywhere-with-maxi.html

any help at all would be very much appreciated!!!:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"