February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

hello can I join you guys? I am due the 16th xx

Hi friend! :hi:

GG is a pretty cool chick :D

Hi friend :)

hello can I join you guys? I am due the 16th xx

if your name is a reference to the show, i'm already your biggest fan LOL.

haha it actually is! but not because I watch it. I couldn't think up a name and the advert came on :haha:

LOL, i'm addicted. its a horrible vice, but i can't help it. im a tad old for it *covers face* but at least i've given up jersey shore! HAHAHAHA

OMG me too!!!! I ask myself quite often when am I going to get too old for teenage shows LMBO ie: gossip girl, 90210, pretty little liars but I love them!!!! I guess once a teenage girl always a teenage girl :)

Welcome Gossipgirly!

Almost mama- so cute!!! I love feeling the baby. By far the best part of carrying babies around lol

Well we were supposed to move Feb 1st however the 1st people to look at renting our house said they would pay a yr up front if we were out by Dec1st!!!!! Yikes!!! But we are def going to work it out even though it means my parents have to move all the stuff out of their house too. ( I have the greatest parents) I am so happy they are paying a yr this means I don't have to worry about them not paying every month and we don't have to come up with so much for our rent and Yipee!!!! I can spend time w my kids without working so much whoo hoo and not stress about where $ is coming from.

OHHHHHHHHH an my crazy DH wants to have your baby's middle name be ummm POP! Really??????? Yes he wants to call her Izzy Pop. Is he out of his mind? He is so serious to its insane and he just says I am uptight. WTH

I like the girl, but she is VERY dramatic with things and she exaggerates a lot!! I try not to spend too much time with her because she cusses worse than a sailor (and I cuss sometimes, but every other word is a cuss word for her). I haven't said anything to her or her DH, but my DH has been seriously thinking about it, he's the one who first pointed it out to me. She acted like everything should be fine this morning at the bus stop, but it is just frustrating that she messaged me all of 5 texts yesterday and she spent like 7 hours with this girl. I probably won't get the chance to say anything to her for a while, as she works the next 2 to 4 days and this girl is going to be the one getting my BFFs son off of the bus, instead of me like normal.

Thank you for your input ladies. :hugs:

So, MORE drama. Cousin who I've been having the issues with? Emailed me yesterday and said they are no longer throwing me the family baby shower because "they don't think anyone will come to one they throw". I'm trying not to be hurt by this, but it's really hurtful. The shower isn't about them and the rest of the family knows that and WOULD COME. But there's no one else who I think will throw it. I'm sure they are all going to assume that she is throwing one. Dh said he's fine with it and not to worry about it, blah blah blah, but this is HIS FAMILY. How this can't hurt him is beyond me, but I guess he's used to it. I couldn't deal with having a family like this...thank god for mine!!

Welcome Gossipgirly!

Almost mama- so cute!!! I love feeling the baby. By far the best part of carrying babies around lol

Well we were supposed to move Feb 1st however the 1st people to look at renting our house said they would pay a yr up front if we were out by Dec1st!!!!! Yikes!!! But we are def going to work it out even though it means my parents have to move all the stuff out of their house too. ( I have the greatest parents) I am so happy they are paying a yr this means I don't have to worry about them not paying every month and we don't have to come up with so much for our rent and Yipee!!!! I can spend time w my kids without working so much whoo hoo and not stress about where $ is coming from.

OHHHHHHHHH an my crazy DH wants to have your baby's middle name be ummm POP! Really??????? Yes he wants to call her Izzy Pop. Is he out of his mind? He is so serious to its insane and he just says I am uptight. WTH

Saphire,
while its short notice maybe its a blessing to not have to move when you are 37 weeks pregnant! Maybe this will be better :)

Lol about your husbands idea for "Izzy Pop" :)

I like the girl, but she is VERY dramatic with things and she exaggerates a lot!! I try not to spend too much time with her because she cusses worse than a sailor (and I cuss sometimes, but every other word is a cuss word for her). I haven't said anything to her or her DH, but my DH has been seriously thinking about it, he's the one who first pointed it out to me. She acted like everything should be fine this morning at the bus stop, but it is just frustrating that she messaged me all of 5 texts yesterday and she spent like 7 hours with this girl. I probably won't get the chance to say anything to her for a while, as she works the next 2 to 4 days and this girl is going to be the one getting my BFFs son off of the bus, instead of me like normal.

Thank you for your input ladies. :hugs:

TeQuiero- try your best not to compare time spent... every relationship and friendship is different and you will drive yourself crazy overthinking the amount of time she spends with one friend vs another. Its like when my parents got divorces my mom would sometimes say "You talk to Dad more than me"... and that was really hard because it didnt mean I loved her less. It's not always going to be exactly equal and try to just focus on you and DH and your little ones and if she isnt giving you the time you need then fill your time with people who will :) :hugs:

So, MORE drama. Cousin who I've been having the issues with? Emailed me yesterday and said they are no longer throwing me the family baby shower because "they don't think anyone will come to one they throw". I'm trying not to be hurt by this, but it's really hurtful. The shower isn't about them and the rest of the family knows that and WOULD COME. But there's no one else who I think will throw it. I'm sure they are all going to assume that she is throwing one. Dh said he's fine with it and not to worry about it, blah blah blah, but this is HIS FAMILY. How this can't hurt him is beyond me, but I guess he's used to it. I couldn't deal with having a family like this...thank god for mine!!

JohnsPrincess- OH. MY. GOSH. that is soooo mean of her to say that! :( I'm so sorry youre going through this :( :( Ugh.... i want to slap your cousin and give you a hug, xoxoxox Sorry that seems harsh, i just hate seeing you feel that way :(

Oh,, JP, I am so sorry that she is being like that! :hugs:

Jokerette, you are right. I really am just so upset about it because she is not being responsible when she is with them. But, I guess this is where I was 100% sure that I didn't need to be the person who went out partying every weekend and to do stupid things when I got pregnant, and she must not have thought it through the whole way. When she was with her DH they would get her mom or one of the roommates to watch the kids so that they could go out occasionally but not every weekend.

Johnsprincess- are u going to have a shower on your side of the family? That really stinks that she is like this.

JP :hugs: i can't believe they would say that! im sorry :( i would be upset by that too

So we i called the New Hampshire Insurance Consumer Dept last week...Liberty Mutual (DHs employer), was trying to say that we are required BY LAW to have health care coverage. We could either take their offer or take someone elses but we HAVE to prove health care...well our insurance is Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massechusettes....and YES in the state of Mass, it IS law of have health insurance otherwise you get a fine of $1000 each year and possibly some other criminal stuff....BUT we live (and work) in the state of New Hampshire and i KNEW that is NOT a law here ("live free or die" baby ;)- state motto lol). So i contacted the Insurance Consumer Dept and they verified that we absolutly do not require coverage and it is NOT a law for NH residents and that we have EVERY right not to get it- Liberty Mutual and even Blue Cross of Blue Shield of Mass cannot legally require us to do such a thing since we are ONLY bound to New Hampshire law....okay so thats great, got that figured out...

THEN...we find out last night, that DH's employer is FORCING us to get health insurance (either theirs or any plan of our choice). That it is a REQUIREMENT for employment...that it would be ground for termination if steve chose not to be insured...well we thought that was crazy given that we pay $12,000 before insurance kicks in...how is it ethical or legal in any way to FORCE someone to pay for something?!...So we called the Labor Department of New Hampshire (this is issue is a labor employment issue, not insurance). The guy at the Labor Dept. said that if we have to pay ANY porition to meet their requirement, if they do not offer insurance at a free cost, then it would be illegal for them to force it...HOWEVER, Liberty Mutual says that if we do not enroll during open enrollment for this year, then he will AUTOMATICALLY be enrolled in coverage....we have no say...Well this Labor Dept. Consumer guy says them automatically enrolling us (which would require them taking a portion out of steves paycheck to pay it) and without steves signature, it would be ILLEGAL as hell! ...so the guy says, Don't enroll. Then when coverage starts (Jan 1st, 2012), and you get that first paycheck that they have deducted the cost out, then call him back and they will take legal action against liberty mutual...we are worried because what if DH looses his job :( ...but the guy said they would keep everything announymous and not give names....so im a bit concerned...but guess we gotta do what we have to do....we asked Liberty Mutual HR what the laws in NH was...we also said we do not object to insurance if there was something more affordable (last night we looked through quote after quote with other insurance companies and they were even MORE expensive). Insurance is costing us 15% of DHs income :shock: So basically he is only making $45,000 per year, but he is worth more than that because he has a college degree AND experience (you're supposed to make more than someone without a degree :dohh:)...HR replies back and says "Sorry we cant direct you with help for other insurance options..." "and its a requirement to have coverage"....that was a huge F*cking help :wacko:...but at least we know the laws....blah! I guess it is what it is...but the older I get, the more i feel like this is not "The Land of the Free" :( ...im so stressed over this! Its not like we dont want coverage! Its just we CANNOT afford it and we are JUST over the income limits for govt help :cry:

Thanks guys. It does suck. I know their hurt is bigger than mine right now, so I'm trying to put my big girl pants on, but it's really hard.

No, I won't be having a shower with my family. We live in Arkansas because of the Army and she was going to throw us one in St Louis. It's 6 hours away but that's where all his family is so we were going to go up there. Almost all of my family is in New England. I will be having a shower in Tampa which is where my mom and our friends out, but it'll be small since many of them are going places for the holiday (Thanksgiving - U.S.). I don't mind that it's small, lol, that's fine. But my mom and little sister will be my only family there. Ah well.

Guppy, Ugh!! It sounds like the drama fairy is making her rounds! What a huge pain in the butt. Insurance is insane. I'm so sorry you are having to deal with all this!

Thanks girls..this is so frustrating, and its even more stressful because open enrollment is only for another week :cry:

I have read all the dramas and have nothing to say - I'm speechless! (No mean feat I can tell you! :haha:) so sending lots of :hugs: to you all!

BIG :hugs: out to all that need them!!

I have a question for all you ladies that have already done your nurseries, did you help with the painting?

JP, I have been painting DS1's room by myself the last few days. I know that many thers haven't, but I know that our paint does not have any strong odors to it like some do.

Thanks :) Guppy been following you on fb. As I said.. we are sooo lucky that we have nhs and people still piss and moan about it it really gets me mad, especially as I have worked in the nhs and people expect so much

When we did Abbie's room, DH did the bulk of the walls (cream) and I did the decoration painting (multi coloured stars).

Aria is not happy about all of your frustrations! As I've been sitting here reading them, she woke up and is kicking up a storm! :haha: but in all seriousness, major :hugs: to those who need them. Things are so frustrating sometimes. :(

I'm exhausted right now. 90 minutes of work left then I need to go home and pack for the weekend and do lots of dishes. I'm hoping to get to bed by 9 if I can though... I feel as though my body needs it. We shall see!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->