February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Yep, at 24 weeks a baby can usually survive outside the womb if complications arise. The US has it too...although i know the Duggars last baby was born at 23 weeks and survived...but thats rare.

Yeah, I had never heard of it either until my first BnB friend reached 24 weeks.
I sort of don't know why so much emphasis is placed on it around here (BnB), except that I guess it's another milestone, something to aim for between first and second tri... But if your baby is born at 24 weeks, you've got a LONG road ahead of you. Apparently if my baby were to be born even at 7 mos, s/he would still have to be taken to another hospital almost an hour away from me. :(
Crumb can keep baking for awhile. :)

We went out a little later than planned last night, my niece's grandma dropped her off like 30 minutes late! The kids all had fun though, so it was nice. The baby was pushing so low before we started to walk, so I was hurting.... but then when we started walking it wasn't too bad (other than a few times).

I loved the belly Guppy!!

Tiger, congrats on your v-day!! :D

OK cool! Than I am at V-day also. Although she can stay put for a while. lol

Yep, at 24 weeks a baby can usually survive outside the womb if complications arise. The US has it too...although i know the Duggars last baby was born at 23 weeks and survived...but thats rare.

If you look at my ticker (which is American I believe) it states that the baby is viable at 22 weeks! :baby:

Im sticking to the 24 week rule though & I cant wait to get there :thumbup:

OK cool! Than I am at V-day also. Although she can stay put for a while. lol

Yey! :happydance: Congrats on V day :cloud9:

I was just reading about that the other day and she was actually 25 weeks. I know thou that they were thinking about changing the abortion law now because there are more babies that are being born at 23 weeks and living.

Happy V-Day to you guys! :D

I've tried telling Evey that there's a baby in my tummy/we're going to have a baby etc etc (she can SIGN baby/recognises them on TV/out and about, but she doesn't appear interested when I tell her we're going to have one in a few months :lol:). She's 16 months.

She's been clambering on me the past couple of days...very snuggly etc... I'm sick (cold) and I'm wondering if she's getting sick/fighting off the virus because she's not eating much/drinking all her milk like normal and she woke up 3 times through the night a couple of nights ago and was unsettled last night until around 1am.... I picked her up facing outwards to put her in her crib earlier and Peawich kicked HARD where E was against my tummy... It HURT... And now I'm having Braxton Hicks -sigh- I was going to go and take a nap, but my nose has stopped running, so I kind of want to get some stuff done!! :lol:

I just remembered that I have laundry to do too.... :nope: What a terrible housewife I am! :rofl:

Happy V-Day to you guys! :D

I've tried telling Evey that there's a baby in my tummy/we're going to have a baby etc etc (she can SIGN baby/recognises them on TV/out and about, but she doesn't appear interested when I tell her we're going to have one in a few months :lol:). She's 16 months.

She's been clambering on me the past couple of days...very snuggly etc... I'm sick (cold) and I'm wondering if she's getting sick/fighting off the virus because she's not eating much/drinking all her milk like normal and she woke up 3 times through the night a couple of nights ago and was unsettled last night until around 1am.... I picked her up facing outwards to put her in her crib earlier and Peawich kicked HARD where E was against my tummy... It HURT... And now I'm having Braxton Hicks -sigh- I was going to go and take a nap, but my nose has stopped running, so I kind of want to get some stuff done!! :lol:

I just remembered that I have laundry to do too.... :nope: What a terrible housewife I am! :rofl:

OT, but your ticker box! :shock: i can't believe how far along we are getting!

I can't believe how long between my midwife appointments. I only get 6 this time round, the last was at 16 weeks, the next is at 28 weeks (it's next week). Then at 34 weeks, 36 weeks, 38 weeks! RUbbish, eh?

La is very excited about the baby. She has decided it's a boy and keeps saying 'me have big brother, little brother mummy belly' (she has an older brother, my step-son). She talks about babies, and how the baby will have booby when it comes, she says babies do lots of smelly poos and wear nappies... She sometimes says 'mummy, baby come out now!' She is really excited by it... we'll see if it lasts once the baby is here!

Wow, my doctors office has seen me every 4 weeks since 8 weeks.... the last one (at 24 weeks) was only to check stats (weight, BP, urine) and to check HB and fundal height. My next one is going to be at 28 weeks (on the 15th :D) and that is going to be my GTT and then stats and fundal height and HB... then I go to every 2 weeks up to 34 or 36 and then I go to weekly!! It is amazing to think that we are all that close!! It makes me want to dance!! :haha: It is so amazing how fast this pregnancy has seemed to go for me this time!!

Hi ladies,

feeling a little better now - than ks guys for all of your kind words. I was just soo surprised how quick it came on. Also before when I have had uti's it only hurts/burns whilst I am peeing - this was contstant and went from nothing to fully red pee in like 2 hours.

had 3 blood tests and 3 pee tests as well as cevical exam and monitoring of baby before they gave me anything, they were very thorough.

hubby has called work and told them I am not going to be in all week - he panicked a bit the minute i mentioned blood and now will not alow me to do anything (which is kind of nice!)

right battery dying on laptop and charger is in my bedroom where hubby is currently sleeping before his night shift so better not disturb seems as I keep him up all last night!

speak to you lovely ladies soon. xx

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better! I Swear that the drugs for UTI are magical. Lol

oooo, i had no idea about the v-day deal! so happy i read it! i wasn't aware it was a milestone @ ALL, let alone such an important one.
this page is so helpful! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->