February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

almost done for the day swanxx. maybe you can convince hubby to do dishes so you can get some rest...or do what i do and leave them for another day :blush: :dishes:

Thanks GG- I as glad you said something (and my CA friend too)...i think most ppl in the States think universal healthcare is the worst idea...thing is i havn't met one woman from a country that has that doesn't like it...i mean they dont like the wait times and lack of choosing a doctor, but they all seem happy be able to have it for free!

RE:painting the nursery:: I pained Elliots room practically all by myself :D Just make sure you get no VOC paint (or Low VOC paint if you can). :thumbup:

Haha! Well he works his second job tonight Guppy or I totally would ask him. I'd feel guilty though since he is working a 12+ hour day. Sooooo. I will just suck it up and do them. Otherwise they'll sit until Sunday and then they'll probably smell. :haha: it's not too many dishes - I'm just soooo lazy.

yeh they totally take it for granted here, moan about waiting times and they just expect so much but at the end of the day, its free, they are made better and the staff work bloody hard. It must be so tough for you x

Haha, you sound like me swanxx! lol

GG- yeah...honestly i would relocate to your country just for that lol...i was really put off by that one lady who wrote about $12K not being that expensive...erm for her maybe its not but for us it is! It really made me feel like a piece of trash when she said that...she acted like i actually had a choice in the matter...well if i had a money tree in my front yard then i would...but i have more like a money pit in the ditch :haha: Plus she alluded to the "nothing is free" thing...okay, nothing is free...but thats also why ppl are not FORCED to pay for something :dohh:

yeh her response annoyed me too... so I can imagine how it made you feel.

I miss the NHS :( The healthcare system over here is crap!!!

I told DH my goal in life is to live in the UK before i die...he's up for it...how do i start the citizen process?! :haha: seriously!lol

:haha: we are moving to Denver in a few years... oh has been offered a transfer with his company but its nt the right time, they have agreed it will be offered when the contract is up with the job he is on.

Lol!!! I'm not sure about US to UK, but UK to US requires marriage to a US citizen, a job over here (your employer sponsors you) or an education thing... I've looked at the US to UK stuff before, but I don't remember details :lol: (heck, I don't even remember what day it is.... :dohh:)

My DH hates the UK... I told him if we were to move to a different country in the future, I'm taking him to Holland! :thumbup::haha:

I am one of those that moans quite a bit about the NHS (due to some huge failings on a personal and family level), but I do also agree it's better than what a lot of people have, and know that just because I've had issues with the service, doesn't mean it's universally sh1t. :thumbup: Every time I see you talk about $12k on insurance I just about have a coronary Gupp! That's CRAZY money, and for someone to think it's nothing just amazes me! :shock:

$12000 is more than I was making in a year when I was working!! GEEZE!!

If I didn't miss my family so much, and if I wouldn't miss having all of my "advanced technologies" i.e AC, water heater, etc. I would totally g live in Honduras.... I think I am going to wait to do that for until our house gets done being built there!! I already told DH that he better put these things in my house or I am not going!! :haha:

haha you ladies crack me up! :haha: but luv yall :kiss:

I want to live in Holland! My great grandmother (who would only be about 82 if she was still alive) is from Holland. She came over on a boat when she was 4 and she learned english, so she had to translate for her parents...i wish we could find family over there!!!! Id love it!

GG-you are crazy for moving here! :haha:

I have a feeling becoming a UK resident is easier than become a US resident (just bc of all the terrorist crap here and all), but could be wrong...

I think its pretty easy here. Although we have a bit of an immigration problem and there is a lot of anger about this from UK people due to lack of jobs and housing with a lot of minority's coming in and working for less than a UK citizen, and I think immigration laws are being changed with the new government...but I dunno im not an expert on the subject lol.

I dont even know where Denver is, I know its Colorado but I have no idea where that it or what it is like :haha:

I know that it is VERY VERY hard to get US citizenship. It is terrible!

well I would think his company would sort all that out if they are offering him a transfer? :/ surely if he moves over for a secure job his family could go over too? x

My friend went to US with her hubby (who transferred for work) but SHE wasn't allowed to work. I have no other details than that, so I'm no help. :lol:

yeah, if they are offering him a position they would totally work that out! just make sure you apply like 6 months in advance bc i know the govt is backed up REALLY bad with green cards/VISAs and stuff.

Haha, guess everyone would hate me and dh if we moved there and stole their jobs :blush: i think a lot of Americans feel the same way though, but now im scared to move haha.

Your husband will probably have a working VISA...i doubt you would get one, but you could request it! they are very backed up and it could take a while though.

Guppy what an insurance nightmare!!! I'd be so scared DH would lose his job too but that's not right of them!!! Can you fib to his HR and tell them your enrolling in your own plan like COBRA or do they need proof? Terrible :(

Re painting- I painted the murals myself using acrylic paint but the walls were already painted with the base color.

Girls I'M GOING CRAZY!!! I'm soooooo cold! Day 4 without power. We've gotten a bunch of options for friends houses to stay at but most of them are only offering for us, not our pets. Abd those that are offering for our pets too would make my commute almost 2 hours to work... I'm just venting to you ladies :( thanks for listening :( also I want to catch up on my missed TV shows! Heat is number 1, but DH and are missing our shows, LOL. send warm thoughts our way ok? Thanks for letting me whine. Wahhhh

I could cope with not working LOL I am a SAHM now anyway but I could see it getting boring when kids go to school lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->