February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Hey Girls :wave:

:yipee: Its my 'V' Day :dance:

Hope you are all doing Ok :flower: Im not gonna be online for a few days

Have a lovely weekend all ~ Speak next week at some point

Its my final countdown to emigration!! :plane: :argh:

Happy V Day!!!

Have you already told us where you're moving to? I can't remember! LOL

Thankyou :flower:

We are moving from the Uk to Australia :coolio:

Oooh, very cool!! We were watching one of the Comedy Central "news" shows last night and they were talking about how we're going to have a base in Australia. I don't know if it's true or not, but I was thinking, what a cool place to go!!!

Will do a proper catch up in a couple of hours, but wanted to just say that I'm 5 minutes from them taking my blood and the nausea is horrific. I'm praying I don't throw up before they can take my blood because I do not want to do this test over again... >.<

:-( Were you nauseous from the drink (did you do that today??) or because you're scared of needles (I am!)? Hope it went well!!!

Good Morning, Ladies!! Today is Veteran's Day (US) and so I have my Dh home, woohoo!! Quiet morning so far. He says he has lots to do...I'm Hoping we can go to Michaels because they are having a yarn sale, lol.

The drink on an empty stomach made me nauseous. I hate needles but have become almost numbed to them now that they've used so many on me in the past 27 weeks :haha:

I'm still a little spacy but feeling better than before so huzzah!

Yum I love olive garden! Enjoy Tequiero!!

I've never had that happen, sorry EG! :( or if I did I was kind of oblivious to it haha which is always possible. But hopefully some of the other ladies will be of more help to you. :)

Hey ladies.. I too am a bit nervous on having to do the drink on an empty stomach.. with my dd i got to eat and drink before but now at this new hospital i dont.. so we will see and its a 45 min drive to get that.. think mcdonalds will be stopped at after.. lol

Anyone have any fun plans for the weekend... i plan to paint peanuts nursery.. and decorate for christmas.. I know its still early but may as well get a start early.. 13 days till turkey day..

Cant believe im almost 3rd tri.. wow where is the time going..

I want some Olive Garden!!!! lol
The very last month (and a half :blush:) that i was pregnant with DS, we literally ate ministrone soup, breadsticks, and salad about 2x per week haha. It was good!!!! I love their dressing!

I should really clean...i think i'll put Elliots crib together too :)

The drink on an empty stomach made me nauseous. I hate needles but have become almost numbed to them now that they've used so many on me in the past 27 weeks :haha:

I'm still a little spacy but feeling better than before so huzzah!

Ah yes, that would do it! I'm certainly not numbed to the needles! LOL

Glad you're feeling better!

I felt nauseous right after I drank the sugary stuff. Then they were walking me down the hall to the room where I would wait to have my blood drawn... and I really thought I might have to stop and throw up in the hallway!
But then I was okay. Felt really sleepy after and actually had an emotional breakdown once I got home, but now I've eaten and I seem to be fine.

ugh, a lot of ladies i know get really naseous when they do that test....sometimes it seems unethical to me (sometimes) i mean, obviously doing something that crazy to your body is gonna through it out of whack :dohh: Im glad you girls are feeling better :hugs: ....you guys take the GD test wicked early! Most ppl here dont get it until 28 weeks....and i dont even think my (current) MWs test for it unless there are signs of it. I know my old "Medwives" and OBs did though. They tested at 16 weeks and again at 28 weeks bc apparently when i used to live in central Pennsylvania there is a high rate of GD. IDK, but thats a dumb reason to put a pregnant woman through it twice! :wacko:

I'm just glad it's over. I hope I didn't fail 'cause I hear then you have to do a four-hour? Not sure what that entails, but I don't want to have to stay at the hospital for four hours. :nope:
The pamphlet I read said that the dr may order the test, but seems to me my dr orders it as a matter of course. And the pamphlet said it can be done between 24 and 28 weeks, but my dr wanted it done on Nov 12, at 24+6? (I had to do it today since the lab is closed on Saturdays.) Idk. My dr is weird like that. She wants things a certain way and I don't usually know why. But I'm not the type to ask questions unless something seems really out there. :shrug:

i see...yeah the majority of testing and other routine stuff done that docs do was taken out of context. Most of the stuff from the ACOG and other places like that (if you read the fine print) say do it for x reason...somehow that gets interpreted to "do it to everyone". Ugh...and yes if you fail the one hour you will have to do a 3 hour test (some places do it longer than that though). Many MANY woman fail the first test and pass the second with flying colors.

Finally feeling 100%. Phew! Stupid test! Haha.

My doctors office makes us get the test right before our 28 week appt. They ask that you do it 4 days prior but since my appt is on Wednesday and the office isn't open weekends they said I could do today or Monday. Figured I would do it today in case I puked and had to go back lol. I really would die during the 3 hour. Ick!!

As for needles I just grip the chair arm really, really right and pinch my eyes shut and hold my breath. I get shaky due to nerves but they usually are over and done with pretty quickly. Thank goodness. :) IVs are the worst IMO. I almost cried during mine in the ER.

I hate getting my blood drawn...its not that it bothers me, because ive been poked so much in my life, but its because i have REALLY small veins (so small ive been turned down from donating to the RedCross bc they thought my veins would callopse), anyways, they can NEVER find the vein, and then they think they find it, poke me, cant find and they dig. UGH! i hate that!!!!!! I always ask for the butterfly needle (the little tiny ones they usually use for the kids), and that almost always works (if they can find the vein :dohh:) The one lab tech told me that no one should be poking me with a regular needle because my veins are SO scared (bc of all of the digging :dohh:) and the risk of callapse....IVs,,,yeah those never get put in the normal spot (because of the same reason), i do have a large vein that runs near the side of my elbow though, so usually thats where it gets stuck...

im a freak :haha: i HAVE to watch them stick me and do everything, otherwise it makes me uncomfortable..i guess i find comfort in knowing whats going on....surprises and me don't mix lol

im so glad i dont have to get the GD test this time. lol (only if we suspect something) otherwise, thank God i dont have to put myself through that again! They really do SUCK!

My dr said it's better if I can fast for four hours before the GTT but I don't have to because if I'm going to fail, I will fail whether I fast or not.
And my test is at 10:30. So if I got up and skipped breakfast... by the time I got to eat something, it would be at least 11:30, and that's assuming the test was on time.
I'm having a bowl of cereal, gosh darnit.

Have an egg because it is protein.I fasted and failed my 1st test last time and had to do the 3 hr test.

whoops guess I posted before I read you did it already lol hope all is well

Ugh. Still feeling not quite right. I was lying on the couch and went to get up and I was all shaky. My brother (who is diabetic) gets like that sometimes. I hope I didn't fail!

The nurse remarked on how nice my veins are. I have a great big obvious one on my right arm that I always offer even though I'm right handed. No digging or poking involved. :)
I can't watch when they poke me, but DS watched the whole thing and the nurse explained everything she was doing and how the vial works like a vacuum because there's no air... I was like, come on lady, what's the point of my not looking if you're going to give me a play-by-play?? :dohh:
Anyway, hopefully I feel better soon. Last time I only felt sick right after the drink and then I was okay... none of these lasting effects...

Welcome new ladies!!!!

I have my drink for the test and I can go anytime between now and 28 weeks the dr said. Like I said before I failed the 1hr w DS because I didn't eat anything and I didn't have anything to feed the sugar I guess. I took the 3 hrs and passed not problem but walked around the building over and over to lower anything. This time I am eating an egg and water or milk lol. I do not want to do that 3 hr test!!! It stinks being there that long besides the 4 needles they stick in you. I guess I will try to go Monday or Thursday morning and get it over with.

I love the female Dr. she must love US because she gave me another one yesterday (no pics but still) fun to check that it is still a girl lmbo and see her kicking up a storm even though I don't feel it too much becuase of my anterior placenta. She also asked me how long I pushed last time I said 3 hrs and it was horrific she said 15 min tops! I told her I am holding her to it. I hope I get her to deliver I really like her.

We registered yesterday at babierus. 2 hrs for my husband to decide on a stroller/car seat I keep telling him we don't need anything but the snap and go and the car seat but he is not listening until this am when he said we will just get another one of those lol. Men they like the mechanics I guess when it came time for everything else he was like lets go home now wth so I finished the rest alone easier mind you but it was done.

wow long post. Glad most of you are doing well and hope you enjoy your rest Engineergrl

Happy Day! We went to Michael's and I got all the yarn I need to make this huge thick shawl for my mom & all the yarn (minus 1 skein they didn't have) for a wedding ring blanket for my cousin & 2 hooks & 2 balls of sock yarn all for 40$! Everything I got was on sale and then an additional 25% off! Woot!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->