February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Well, I wasn't able to get Olive Garden, as it is Veterans Day and they do free meal for all veterans and active military members. Ours was packed and we did not have enough time to wait and eat, so we got pizza.

aww. Sorry you didn't get your yummy meal hun :hugs: Guess its a good thing we didn't decide to go too! Its a half hour drive (one way) from here, so im glad we didn't waste the gas.

I have 12 milk donors lined up for Elliot! How amazing! It brings tears to my eyes to learn of such generous women!

Aww, I forgot Olive Garden does that. I bet it was crazy.

I'm still enjoying my leftover Chinese... my mom is taking me to Bob Evans for lunch tomorrow-- yay!! Just what I need after a fairly crappy week. :thumbup:

Aww Guppy, that is sooooo sweet!!! If I lived closer I would share Adelina's milk with Elliot, because when my milk comes in it really comes in! :haha:

So, I looked up the name Adeline, and it means Nobel, Kind.... so I am guessing that since Adelina isn't in the name meanings that it is the same as Adeline (only more girly)

I would think thats what it means :D

And thank you. So sweet :) There are boards if you are ever interested in donating. Most of them are on FB (like Human Milk 4 Human Babies- HM4HB) and Eats on Feet as well as Milkshare. They usually have a page for each state.

That is awesome Guppy, so glad you were able to find donors! :hugs:

I'm not feeling very well still either Amaryllis. It comes and goes with me. I'm not liking it! haha.

Booked my first photoshoot today! With someone who isn't family or my best friend. I'm SO FREAKIN EXCITED. All sorts of fun things too, architecture, infant, family, etc. So I will get great practice for the future. FX anyway! I just need to get myself some props and fabrics and need to pray I can get hubby to agree, between now and then, to let me buy the lens I'd prefer to have for it. He doesn't want me to get it until January because then he can write it off on next year's tax return... but patience + me = not happening. >.< I'm sure he won't budge though. Sigh.

Remind him that he's already getting a nice little tax deduction in February so you can get the lens NOW!! :)

I don't know why we are still feeling bad... mine comes and goes, too. I wouldn't have thought a little cup of gross stuff would still be affecting me. :( When do you find out your results? I just figure the dr's office will call me sometime next week if I failed.

ROFL! That is a great idea, I should totally suggest that. xD I'm sure he'll be ENTHRALLED to hear that one. xDDDDDD

I have my appointment at my OBG on Wednesday, so she said she'd tell me then. Blaaah. And now, I start going every 2 weeks for my appointments. Holy crap! Time's a-flyin'! lol

Here's to hoping we both have a-ok results! :wine: (as I toast with a glass of apple juice lol!)

Guppy that's great! Ignore me if it's too personal but do you just know from your last baby that you can't bf? I'm sorry if it was wrong of me for asking just am worried about myself this pg too.

Also I can't find the pregnancy section in my fitness pal. Where is it?

Just request to join :) its easy :thumbup:
https://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/138-ttc-pregnancy-and-post-partum-fitness

No too personal at all ;) So i have what is called Insufficient Glandular Tissue (IGT) and Hypoplastic Breasts (HP). Basically with IGT you dont make near enough milk because there is a lack of milk glands and a lack of tissue to create it. So the easiest way to explain is that "the factory is missing some parts" and "there are not enough workers". If that makes any sense. When i was at the hospital they were a little concerned bc my breast are irregularly shaped and very far spaced. He never had wet diapers (he got dehydrated and everything). He only peed 1x in a 3 day period. and he lost 9% of his weight before he was even 24 hours old. I never had engorgement or anything :nope: So then i started meeting an LC, a home nurse, and my sons Ped, and worked really hard. I ate galactigo foods, drink lots of good fluids, cut out caffine and dietetics, I pumped religiously every 2 hours around the clock (that includes through the night!), i nursed around the clock. I took herbal suppliments that normally work- Fenugreek, Blessed Thistle, and Mother's Milk Tea, I also use a Supplimental Nursing System (SNS- it has tubes and the baby nurses at the breast while the tube supplies formula/donor milk). You name it, i did it, but i never saw an increase :nope: I was even put on Domperidone which is a drug and a side effect is higher prolactin levels. I had my prolactin levels checked at 1 months PP and it was that of a NON lactating woman and a man...so it was pretty bad. My number was 27.5 and a BFing mom should be OVER 100 (more like 300)...so yeah, it was a pretty invovled thing...nothing i did increased my supply. I was LUCKY if i made 4oz every 24 hours. It was a night and day difference in ISaiah though, once he got some suppliments and stuff....took me a long time to cope with it, but this time around will be much better bc i can mentally prepare and physically prepare. I didn't know about donor milk last time, so its nice to have that this time. In a way, being able to have the donor milk is very healing for me. There is a chance i will make more milk with each pregnancy, but it will likely never be NEAR enough to EBF (last time i only supplied about 5-10% of his needs at my max output)...but i dont want to be a negative nancy, so im hoping for the best and preparing for the worst. Its important that i remain realistic about it, but also hopeful, so im trying to find a balance..

wow sorry for an epic post :haha: but thats my story and i dont mind sharing it :flower:

Im not sure if that link is going to work...let me know if it doesn't :thumbup:

It worked and thanks for the info. It's so interesting I knew they had donors for women in Africa but I didn't know about local donation. Very cool! Is there a screening process or a trust thing?

It worked and thanks for the info. It's so interesting I knew they had donors for women in Africa but I didn't know about local donation. Very cool! Is there a screening process or a trust thing?

Well there are Milk Banks (those are hard to get milk from, generally your baby has to be a premie, you need a prescription, and it costs $15 per every 100oz plus you can only utilize it until your baby is 3 months old). That is whats known as "formal milk sharing". Milk banks pasterize/screen all of the milk....this is good and bad...its good because anything bad wont get passed along to a recipient, however it is bad because they heat it up so high that it kills the bad AND the good immunities in the milk :dohh: so really there isn't much benefit since the heating process ruins it all :( Most women can't go this route anyways bc the criteria is so hard to meet.

Then there is Milk Sharing. Which is the "informal milk sharing". The women post on various pages that they are donatin g(or someone like me asks for some donor milk). This is a trusted process HOWEVER i have found ALL of these women to be VERY open and honest. They willingly let you know if they are on meds, OTC meds, Rx meds, and herbal stuff. They let you know of their diet, if they have any health issues, how old their baby is, how old the milk is, their lifestyle (ie if they drink or do drugs), etc. They are very up front about everything. Plus usually they are nursing their own so thats a good indicator things are good, because its not like they would risk their own babies life. :thumbup: But you pick and choose who you want. So far none of the dnors are on any type of drugs, except one. So i look into the drug and she told me how much and everything. I havn't made my mind up, but thats just an example.

Guppy I remember the trouble you had bring Isaiah and everything you went through. Bfing is tough to start with I only managed 3 weeks with a non latcher. I'm on a try this one again though, wasn't going to initially but I am :) as a first time mum i wasso on my high horse about bfing and that i was going to no matter what and kida looked down on ff, in hindsight i was so niave and there ia nothing wrong with formula in the grand scheme of thkngs, i mean she ia fully on cow milk now so its like what a yr of her life. I don't really like the thought of donor milk, sorry if that seems ignorant but I personally wouldn't consider it but can understand why people do x

Hey ladies! Just getting caught up on all the posts. Welcome to the new girls :(

EngineerGirl- glad you're doing well! :) I keep thinking about you!

To all the girls with the GD test done... Hooray! Fingers crossed for good results for all of you! Mine is in about 10 days.

Have a good weekend ladies! Happy Veterans Day and thank you to all our men and women who serve! My brother is in Afghanistan and he gets to come home from is deployment next month just in time for Xmas! I can't believe it's been almost a year since I've seen him... He hasn't even seen me pregnant!

It's cool :D everyone has their own comfort level. :thumbup: And isaiah is a healthy happy little guy and he only got BFed until 5 months (he selfweaned) and i only made 4oz per 24 hour period, so he never did get much, the rest was purely formula. But we had a VERY large go at finding formula because he has really bad acid reflux/GERD. He was actually prescribed a special kind that costed $65 per can :shock: He went through 2 cans per week, so it just was not affordable :nope: We went through every formula out there, he would vomit rivers from all of them....this time we are just taking a different approach altogether :D

Guppy, do you get WIC from your state? I know that with prescriptions they will cover the more expensive formulas... they give you like at least 9 cans (at least in my state)

Oh girls, I'm getting so tired of this darn bedrest. We got new living room couches after our move and relegated the hand-me-downs I've had since graduation to the basement. Our new couches came yesterday so I've moved from bed to the couch (lying down resting still counts, right?) to hopefully cheer me up. I've already had 3 contractions since getting up at 7:30 and it's only 11 - plus I napped for an hour in there. Everyone keeps telling me not to worry and I know worry 1) is not good and 2) doesn't actually do anything, but it is hard not to!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->