February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

saphire; LOL. i dooo have one for you too!!! "heaven is for real"... SUPER short... but an adorableeeee true story about a 2 or 3 yr old boy w/an out of body experience. absolutely loved it!

Read it! It was so cute. I loved it.

saphire; LOL. i dooo have one for you too!!! "heaven is for real"... SUPER short... but an adorableeeee true story about a 2 or 3 yr old boy w/an out of body experience. absolutely loved it!

Read it! It was so cute. I loved it.

i felt like every page i was like ...omg..OMG....OOOMMMGGGG!!!!!! hahahaha.
after finishing it, i passed it around to a few girls @ my lab. we've decided we NEED a meeting w/this little boy. hahaha. wasn't he the cutest???

So cute! When my DS asked about it he said I wanna visit heaven. Me too little man me too!

Ok when someone says if he saw me do this he'd have a kitten. Is that like a kanipshin ( I can't spell) or is it a good thing? Random I know. Lol

So cute! When my DS asked about it he said I wanna visit heaven. Me too little man me too!

Ok when someone says if he saw me do this he'd have a kitten. Is that like a kanipshin ( I can't spell) or is it a good thing? Random I know. Lol

? Are you asking if someone literally said to you "If I saw you do BLANK, I'd have a kitten" if it's a good thing? Lol. I think it just means you'd be really surprised. But I'm not sure!

A good book is The To-Do List by Mike Gayle. I really enjoyed it. Stephen King is my favorite - The Cell is an Amazing newer one by him that I think really goes with the times of today!

Wow... you ladies are full of suggestions...
I decided to try to read more and started making a list of all the recommendations I got. I haven't had much time to read lately but when I do, I generally write a bit of a review on my blog.
I'll try to add your titles to my list.
I really really really want a kindle for when the baby comes... I think it would be perfect for late night and early morning feedings. With DS, I would watch TV, but now DS will be sleeping and I don't want to wake him up.
And a kindle would be easy to hold with one hand while holding a bottle in the other, don't you think? And lighter than a book... I just think it would be perfect. :)

Yep, I'm sure Kindle would be good! I have an iPad which I love for reading at night (light doesn't disturb dh!) and I have the Kindle, Nook, Google Books, etc all on there. I have TONS of books on it and they were all free, lol.

I use the kindle reader on my phone... I still love books but it is fab for free books and for reading in bed without the light on, very excited to have that for late night feeds.

I love having Kindle reader on my phone. It's my sister's Kindle actually (lmao) so I use her books and read them when I'm bored, and download free books as well. She always gets great books on hers, so it occupies me if I ever run out of things to read (which is rare because I'm a book hoarder and get them from the used library sale all the time ROFL).

Thanks for the suggestion AlmostMame; I appreciate it! Will write down that name and see if the library has anything. :) I'm sure they do, they have a great selection.

I don't want it to be Monday soon... I don't want to go back to wooooork. :brat:

wow! A squash already becstar?! :shock: i can't believe how close to the last stage you are!!!

With the kindle, do you have to pay for everything you read? Id like one, but if i have to pay on top of getting the kindle, then im not sure its a good idea...i could go all out and then go all broke :blush: ...also do you have to pay for internet on that? :shrug:

We bought our deep freezer! YAY!

My SIL suggested a kindle to me. I'm SUCH a book fan though... i really enjoy the process of reading. And this may out me as the nerd I really am inside (LOL) but i love the smell of books, and the sound of the pages. I couldn't do it! DW has been wanting to get me one for ages, but i haven't given in yet... we'll see how difficult it becomes after Scarlet comes... I may then be swayed.

Gup, I know some books are free, but others you have to pay for. I don't believe you have to pay for internet, perhaps its WIFI?

Saphire; the comment from your DS about visiting heaven... SO cute!!! LOL. How did you not squish him?????

well thats good to know :D maybe i'll ask for one of those for Christmas :D

i love the smell of books too! hehe. i used to work at Penn State library....that library is ENORMOUS and i loved every second of it! i sorta miss it, actually :( when i didn't have people needing help, i got to read all of the books...i love that i got to check in and check books out for ppl, bc then i knew what would be good to read base don how often it went out lol

awww! that sounds like a great job!
If I could own a used book shop, I think i'd be the happiest girl in the world.
I'd like a little herbal tea bar off in the back, and maybeee cupcakes and cookies! i LOVE to bake! hahaha.

wow! A squash already becstar?! :shock: i can't believe how close to the last stage you are!!!

With the kindle, do you have to pay for everything you read? Id like one, but if i have to pay on top of getting the kindle, then im not sure its a good idea...i could go all out and then go all broke :blush: ...also do you have to pay for internet on that? :shrug:

We bought our deep freezer! YAY!

There's tons of free books out there. Classics like Alice in Wonderland, the Oz books, Jane Austen, etc etc are just about all free. Then they have a lot of romance that will come up free and some other random ones. I think you just about always have to pay for the new books. I don't have any of them! I just have free.

A couple really good ones that I got for free on Kindle are "13 Little Blue Envelopes" and "The Golden Acorn". The first is more a teen book and this one maybe teen...pre teen, but they're good.

Actually, I just looked and the majority of my classics are not on the Kindle app, they're on one of my other reader apps. BUT I'm pretty sure you can still get them on it! I'd probably just already downloaded them with the Nook app or something! :)

Johnsprincess- yes it was Robert irvine I thought it might be a British thing. Idk I never heard it before lmbo

Almost mama- I do squish him daily he is the cutest smartes funniest kid ever. I wonder all this time If I'll like izzy as much. Everyone says u do but he is gonna be hard to beat.

I agree I LOVE a book! Folding down the pages, seeing how much is left to build up the anticipation ect. But I do have the same books on my iPad too so I can read in bed when my DH shuts the lights off at night.

I can't believe I have 1 week till my 3rd trimester. Crazy! I am excited but I love being pregnant and am a little sad I won't feel a baby in my belly again. It is my absolute fav feeling every bump, kick, twist awesome!

My boss found another great website for free Kindle books - I will ask her tomorrow and let you ladies know. :) I need to bookmark it.

I have attached a photo of my bump - the latest from our fruit and veggies series. Well except I couldn't find a cauliflower that met the standards of this week's thing, so we went with asparagus of the proper length :haha: Lame!

We should start a book club online or something, since we have so many avid readers! xDDD My list of to-reads keeps growing and growing.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 9
Cute bump swanxx! I'll post mine soon too :)

Saphire, I cant believe almost 3rd tri!!!!

thanks for the info about the kindle girls :flower:...does anyone know if you can get sciency type of books on there? Im looking for stuff like Infant CPR, childbirth, and also stuff like hypno birthing, or Ina May Gaskin stuff. If they are available, about how much would one cost?

My boss found another great website for free Kindle books - I will ask her tomorrow and let you ladies know. :) I need to bookmark it.

I have attached a photo of my bump - the latest from our fruit and veggies series. Well except I couldn't find a cauliflower that met the standards of this week's thing, so we went with asparagus of the proper length :haha: Lame!

We should start a book club online or something, since we have so many avid readers! xDDD My list of to-reads keeps growing and growing.

Looking good hun!!! Your puppy is so cute!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->