February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

swanxxsong; I LOVE the book club idea. I'd be in! :) and your bump and veg pic is SUPER CUTE

gup; Adorable, as always!:hugs:

EngineerGirl; YAY!!! super super happy for you!!!!!!!!! that's fantastic news :cloud9:
you must be so relieved!!

Here are some more recent bump pics... Sorry bout the undie shots! I usually take them post-shower for my sister, who insists on pics at least twice a week. LOL.

They are from a few days back (25 weeks, spot on)

Please excuse the wet hair and lack of makeup!! hehehehe

Attachments

• bump1-nov 9.jpg
    bump1-nov 9.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 5
  • bump2- nov 9.jpg
    bump2- nov 9.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 5
thanks gup :kiss:
I've been using loads of bio-oil. i love that it smells like rose water :) that, and lots of epsom salt baths.
I started at about 8 weeks... because I'm so super small I figured i'd be peppered w/them if i hadn't jumped on that band wagon right off the bat!

yeah, might as well try to prevent it! I feel like the "skinny girls" (or girls that are thin like you, im overweight) are actually the ones that get the least (or no) stretch marks...seems to be ppl like me (overweight) that get them the worst blah!

Almostmama your bump looks great!! And I'm envious - I haven't gotten stretchies yet but I'm totally betting I will. I'm slathered in faded ones from when I got my heaviest in college lmao. My bumps not as pronounced as yours yet since I'm overweight so I'm sure my time is coming for some yikes! stripes! lol. Ah well.

Welcome newest valantine!! :wave:

Im not gonna be getting online much now, until we are settled in Australia at least :plane:

I will pop in when I can though...:flower:

Things are crazy & stressful! :wacko:

Welcome swalumni!

KellyC75 - Good luck!! Stay sane! :)

Almost Mama - Adorable!!!! I don't have any stretch marks (yet, lol) either! I've slathered on lotion since I found out I was pregnant. Plus, my mom didn't get any (well, she got a TINY one on her breast) so I'm hoping genetics are going to play a part!

A book club sounds like fun, depending on the book, lol. I've really been wanting to read Water for Elephants. Haven't seen the movie yet, either!!!

Alrighty, today my "job" is to pack John's clothes for our upcoming trip. That should be super easy! The man has a million clothes so we could actually leave a ton of his at our place in Florida and he'd be fine. I don't have near as many so I can't pack mine until the night before! We got pretty much everything else we're bringing back together yesterday so we're doing good!

I guess I should also work on at least another paper. If I get one done today and one tomorrow...that'll leave 6 for the month I'll have left to do them when we get home. Of course, it'll actually be less than a month since I don't want to worry about it when we go home again for Christmas. Maybe I can try to get at least 3 done in the next 2 days. We'll see!!

Good luck Kelly! I'm so excited for you moving all that way!!

Had a midwife appointment today and explained that I'm having real trouble with my appetite, I'm just not hungry and I can't finish anything, even a cup of tea. I got weighed and I've put on 6kgs (13lbs) in total. She said that's OK, but all my books seem to suggest that is the low side of OK. I'm a bit worried because me and my sister were both low birth weight at full term (I was 4lbs 10 she was 5lbs 5), but I am only 5"1 so maybe I'm supposed to be small?

Whoever was asking about non-fiction on Kindle, I just got Ina May Gaskin's guide to breastfeeding and it was £7.97, I think that's about 12 US dollars.

Good luck Kelly! I'm so excited for you moving all that way!!

Had a midwife appointment today and explained that I'm having real trouble with my appetite, I'm just not hungry and I can't finish anything, even a cup of tea. I got weighed and I've put on 6kgs (13lbs) in total. She said that's OK, but all my books seem to suggest that is the low side of OK. I'm a bit worried because me and my sister were both low birth weight at full term (I was 4lbs 10 she was 5lbs 5), but I am only 5"1 so maybe I'm supposed to be small?

Whoever was asking about non-fiction on Kindle, I just got Ina May Gaskin's guide to breastfeeding and it was £7.97, I think that's about 12 US dollars.

When I got weighed at my last appt (just before 27 weeks) I had gained 13lbs. Doc said it was great. :thumbup:

Paper done!!! 7 more. BLAHHHHHHHHH...

Still need to pack Dh's stuff.

And our Newborn Care class is tonight! Hooters is having a deal where you get 10 buffalo shrimp free when you buy a drink so I'm hoping we have time to have dinner there first.

I am sooooo tired!! DS2 was up most of the night coughing and had a fever. He was miserable.

Had my appointment today, she says as long as I don't get a phone call between now and my next appointment (11/29) that it means I don't have GD. She said that my fundus is measuring at least 2 weeks ahead, and that it does not necessarily mean that she will come early, but that she might just be big! I gained another 3lbs, so that puts me at right around 5 pounds gained so far (but I am big to begin with).

Any one have some tips on natural ways to get over a bad cough.. I have been sick for awhile now.. and my blood vessels on the whole right side of my face have broke from coughing so hard and so much.. was up so much last night due to it.. Robitussin dm is the only thing on my safe med list for cough.. any tips would help..

wow! A squash already becstar?! :shock: i can't believe how close to the last stage you are!!!

With the kindle, do you have to pay for everything you read? Id like one, but if i have to pay on top of getting the kindle, then im not sure its a good idea...i could go all out and then go all broke :blush: ...also do you have to pay for internet on that? :shrug:

We bought our deep freezer! YAY!

Yes, you have to pay for lots of Kindle books - but there are lots of free ones and even more that are cheap (under a pound or just a few). Ebookfinds is a good site for reviewing and recommending cheap and free ones. You download them over wifi which is free.

There are often annoying typos in Kindle books though.

It's worth an ask about the GTT... My MWs recommended I NOT do it last time, because it fills your body with crap (and makes you feel like it!) which isn't great for you or bubba. I'm not doing it this time either, but if I was I would demand to do it with something sweet rather than the drink... :)

DH has a Kindle and has mostly free books on it so far... The cost of the Kindle books varies, but you can find some good cheap ones and generally they tend to be a couple of bucks cheaper than a hardback (DH HAS to have hardbacks if he has a paper copy of a book... He's insane - I have to stand around in the book stores while he goes through every copy, trying to find the one that doesn't have ANY kind of crease/mark/bent dustcover etc..... O_O) then of course you have them right away and all together. He just has a wifi one, I'm not 100% sure on the 3G, whether you have to pay for it..

I just received a parcel from a coop I participated in at the end of October! Got DH's Christmas presents (can't say what here, because he has an account on here... :lol:) and got myself some natural deodorant in rose petal scent - it's AWESOME! Smells SOOOO good!! :D I wish I'd ordered one for my mum's birthday... She has super sensitive skin and the lotion bar/scrubs etc I already ordered elsewhere I think are going to irritate her skin :( Blargh! Guess I could try and sell them and buy a couple of things from the coop lady instead. Also got a bundle of soap offcuts and they are the best WAHM soaps I've ever smelt! :D Yay!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/HappyHausfrauSoapCo <---link to her shop incase anyone is interested :)

I'm going to take this opportunity (E trying to nap... She's talking to herself atm though =/ Annoyingly because she was almost asleep in the car on the way home from my biometrics appointment!! :dohh:) to wash my newborn dipes and then play some MW3! :yipee: :lol:

Hope everyone is having a good day :)

Cute bump swanxx! I'll post mine soon too :)

Saphire, I cant believe almost 3rd tri!!!!

thanks for the info about the kindle girls :flower:...does anyone know if you can get sciency type of books on there? Im looking for stuff like Infant CPR, childbirth, and also stuff like hypno birthing, or Ina May Gaskin stuff. If they are available, about how much would one cost?

I've got the hypnobithing book on my kindle, think it was about £12?

Good luck kelly, can't wait to hear from you once you get there :plane: :hi:

Best wishes on the move Kelly!

Hm. I wasn't really given any option other than to have my GTT. I mean I guess I could have not shown up for the appt. or cancelled it... :haha: I just went because they said to do it. xDD Ah well. Hopefully tomorrow they tell me I'm in the clear! :D

Is it bedtime yet?? :D

Isaiah just laid down for night sleep too :sleep: GMTA :D

i like Dexter :blush: but i always have to wait until after it airs bc we dont have cable so dh streams it off the internet :blush: And for as crappy as "realty tv" is, i still find it entertaining :blush:

100 days!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"