February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

This is my latest bump pic. It was taken a few days ago (i think 24+6)

Attachments

• IMG_0336.jpg
    IMG_0336.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 7
Oh hey ladies... I posted this in the breastfeeding sec. But no answer wonder if anyone here can help. Will colostrum flow through a nipple guard? I had a hard time w DS and no one told me about the nipple shield until a week later And it worked like a charm but since it was so hard the 1st week I want to be prepared and pack the shield. Will it work? Praying of course that she latches Nd I won't need to but just I case.
Thanks!

Im pretty sure it will flow just fine :thumbup: it is slightly thicker than mature milk, but its not radically thick, so im confident it will work just fine for you :thumbup:

Guppy, if you look at kindle stuff on amazon, you can see all the prices of all the ebooks... I was "shopping" them last night. I think the free ones would keep me pretty busy!! Sherlock Holmes, Jane Austen, etc. :)
I would imagine that they would have lots of lesser-known non-fiction since there's no real cost for them to carry it like a bookstore would have.

I do believe the colostrum goes through the nipple shields, the hospital gave my SIL some nipple shields when she first tried to BF, as her nipples went in. So I am guessing that if they gave them to her to try it will work.

Hey ladies, my appointment with the doctor to see what happens after this last week of bed rest is in 1 1/2 hours. DH is leaving work to take me; he takes such good care of me! I'm just hoping the doctor will know the right thing to do for the baby.

I woke up 3 times last night with my uterus noticeably tightening for 30 seconds or so, but this morning I got up, took a shower, and even got myself a snack with no issues. There is no rhyme or reason!

Johnsprincess- yes it was Robert irvine I thought it might be a British thing. Idk I never heard it before lmbo

Almost mama- I do squish him daily he is the cutest smartes funniest kid ever. I wonder all this time If I'll like izzy as much. Everyone says u do but he is gonna be hard to beat.

I agree I LOVE a book! Folding down the pages, seeing how much is left to build up the anticipation ect. But I do have the same books on my iPad too so I can read in bed when my DH shuts the lights off at night.

I can't believe I have 1 week till my 3rd trimester. Crazy! I am excited but I love being pregnant and am a little sad I won't feel a baby in my belly again. It is my absolute fav feeling every bump, kick, twist awesome!

I've heard it before! :) Just one of those weird sayings, I think! Lol

Hope your appointment goes well Engineer!! :)

Great bump Guppy!

So exhausted today and work is craaaaaawling. Head. Desk. lol

Good luck with the appointment EngineerGirl!! I hope that they are able to tell you something good! :)

Goodluck with ur appointment EngineerGirl. Have my fingers crossed that alls gonna be well :hugs:

Oh for crying out loud!! Just call me Drama Queen, lol.

So we own a business. A very small one. We own a couple condos on the beach in Treasure Island. We've only been renting them out for 2 years now and we've done better this year than we did last year, but still, we certainly aren't making any money with this, lol!! We mostly do it because we can use the places and we make ALMOST enough to pay what we owe each month on them. Almost. Not quite. I am able to pay the monthly fee (internet, water, blah blah) and the cleaner every month. And then every few months I have enough in there to pay for the mortgage. The rest of the time, John has to pay the mortgage. But they're great little places and we love having them!

Anyways, about a year ago I set up a business checking account with Regions Bank because it was FREE. Well, this month I have a 15$ monthly fee!! So I called them today and asked what the heck that was about. They said they sent out a notice (I didn't see one...I read everything they send us and it's not much) that starting this month, if you don't keep 2000$ in your account, you're charged a monthly 15$ fee. Um...we do not make enough with the business to keep 2000$ in there every month!!!! So, now I need to find another bank that has free business checking. *sigh* And fast because I don't want to keep throwing 15$ down the drain!

AND THEN we get a notice that because we failed to file an Annual Report with Florida, Florida dissolved our LLC!! OMG!! What the heck?? We don't even know what an annual report IS and I KNOW we didn't receive any sort of letter from Florida or from Legal Zoom (who sends us all the correspondence like that) about this. So I called them and they said that they've been getting Numerous calls and that it appears Florida didn't send anything out this year either asking for them, or even with a warning. This report has to be filed by the end of April every year and costs like 140$. Except they have a late fee that tacks on another 100$. ARGH!!! So I had to pay almost 300$ (because Legal Zoom has a 40$ processing fee, which is fine) to Florida!!! I'm livid!

I know we're grown up and it's probably up to us to know what we need to file, and when, but come ON. If NUMEROUS people are calling up about this then obviously in past years they've sent out a notice. It won't be late again, now that I know about it, but still. I'm writing the Secretary of State (who signed my lovely letter) and telling him how disappointed I am. Hmpf.

In better news...lol...I've had my first 2 papers graded and got an A- and an A! Woohoo! I have to get a B in the class in order to be refunded the tuition. It's never been an issue before but I always worry. I had to laugh though because the teacher commented on one of my references saying she couldn't find it and that I needed the writers initial at least. Well, the reference was on the paperwork SHE GAVE US and it was missing that initial. Dummy.

Hope everyone is doing well 0- DOnt get to read back too often! But wanted to say hi and hope everyone is happy and healthy and looking forward to the holidays :) Feb will be here in NO time!! We all know how fast the holiday season flies by :D :D SOOO EXCITED !

What a mess johnsprincess. Today was a beautiful sun shiny day in nj! Jonas had a playmate and we chatted w the parents that were quite normal yay.

I'm OFF bedrest. I get to go to work but then I have to chill out in the evenings and can only do one errand or so at a time with big long breaks in between. That's way better than a short circuit between bed, the bathroom, and the couch, though! Doctor said up to 2 BH-type contractions or so an hour was fine and I'm usually an hour or more between.

I can't even tell you how great it was to be worrying about engineering stuff this afternoon at work instead of Baby.

YAY EngineerGirl!! Soooo happy for you! :happydance:

JP, I am sorry that everything is going so difficult! :hugs:

I have my GTT tomorrow, so I am going to be fasting before, even though they said I don't have to. I never get the chance to eat too early to begin with, but I might end up eating some scrambled eggs.

A lot of places allow you to just eat something sweet before the test, rather than drinking the yucky drink... That way it's more 'natural' - when would you regularly down a bottle of syrup? :lol:

I'm just popping in, I'm trying to keep up as best I can, just every time I go to write up replies E starts demanding my attention or something :lol:

Was sick last night and hip is bothering me to the point where I struggle to walk some of the time (past 3 days it's just got really bad)... So icky icky... I feel bad for E because I'm tired and can't get up as much, which is sucky. Obviously want Peawich to cook as much as she needs to, but I can't wait until it's time, I pop her out and then can start (hopefully) getting back to normal/away from all the pregnancy grossness and pains!!

Peawich is moving a LOT, makes me feel a bit nauseous at times :sick::lol:

And right on cue, E starts whining... -sigh- I'll hopefully have a proper amount of time to actually converse with people at some point...

Man, I wish I had the option of having something sweet versus the drink! I never met anyone who was permitted to do that! LUCKY! haha.

Good luck tomorrow TeQuiero! And your Mei Tai IS in the mail, I swear. If you didn't get a tracking number, please let me know! xD I'll shoot it to you if you did not.

Sorry to hear about the BS, JP, but congrats on your papers! :D

Hi BabyC! :wave: Hope all is well with you!

I'm waiting for my enchiladas to finish cooking. I didn't use a recipe this time, so I have my FX that they are tasty! :haha:

Sorry to hear you've been ill, Night! :hugs:

And fab news EngineerGirl! So glad you're free from bedrest! Take care of yourself, kay? Don't overdo it! -puts on momma's hat for a moment- :haha:

I just rediscovered this thread! I dont often stray from the trimester boards but I've been enjoying reading this thread.

We've got baby number two on the way, a boy, due Feb. 18th. The dr says it will be closer to the 21st, but somewhere in there anyhow. :)

So hello fellow valentines! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->