February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

I love Sister Wives and the 19 Kids and Counting... I don't know why but i guess i just like to understand other religion ( i am not religious myself) but i find it interesting to learn about it.

Don't tell anybody but i am also addicted to Teen Mom..... LOL i don't know why!!!hehehhe

I love House, Glee and SVU.

I also watch Boston Legal (DVD) reruns obsessively.

But I will watch anything if I am bored or have the time. I love Pawn Stars, Say Yes to the Dress, etc etc etc. xD

I have my OBG appointment in two hours. I'm nervous. I'm sure I'm going to get in trouble for gaining too much. :( I don't even understand how I'm gaining so much. I really am careful with what I eat and try not to eat in excess. Sigh.

Good luck, swan!
Happy double digits, Guppy!
I used to love Boston Legal when it was on.
Now I watch Amazing Race, Biggest Loser, Big Bang Theory, and The Office. And usually Jeopardy.
And I have Mad About You on dvd and I watch a couple episodes before bed pretty much every night. Over and over again. :)

Cute nakie bump almostmama :)

I can't get my pics to upload for some reason. ugh

TV addict is more like it for me!! I seriously watch so many shows on a weekly basis that I DVR it's sick and I still feel I am always waiting for a show to be on. Big brother is my all time fav but it is only on from july-sept. I watch every week. Once upon a time, Gossip girl, 90210, new girl, modern family, cougar town (where is it!!!) Pretty little liars, secret life (Yes I am not a teen anymore way over but I don't care), subergatory, whitney, Regis and kelly, racheal ray, storage wars oh man there is so many to list lol.
I think I have only child syndrome that is why I live for tv

No GD! :)

But my bloods are low (??) and she said just keep taking my pre-natal and things should be fine. May eventually need another iron supplement but for now she’s not concerned. She did not further elaborate so I’m trying not to be concerned. Easier said than done!

Naturally, the weight issue was mentioned. I countered by explaining that the constant mentioning of my weight is making me feel very stressed, and that I’d prefer that instead of hearing how oh, I gained 25 pounds now and that’s my maximum permitted gain or whatever, I’d rather hear constructive ideas on how I can continue to remain healthy through pregnancy. She was very receptive – after all, I have no GD and my BP has been perfectly wonderful. So she gave me some good tips and that was that. But next time I see the OBG who’s slightly less tactful, so I’m hoping I can keep my emotions in check if she decides to rail me about it. I know I’m probably naïve but I wish they’d focus more on the entire health in perspective rather than just nag me about gaining too much. I realize her reasoning for caring (as she explained today): bigger babies = potential complications in labor, and loss is harder post-pregnancy, plus creates additional unnecessary aches and pains. I understand that. But there’s no turning back now and losing the weight I’ve gained – or at least, they frown upon that and I have no desire to go that route. So I’d much rather if they’d just help me think of better ways to carry on through the next 12 weeks.

She also put me a day or two ahead today. I’m not changing my stuff at this point though haha. She’ll come when she’s dandy no matter what. :p

Anyway, rant over… sorry for going on and on needlessly. I’m just frustrated and furthermore, embarrassed… and trying to cope without stressing. Again, easier said than done. xD

Cute nakie bump almostmama :)

I can't get my pics to upload for some reason. ugh

TV addict is more like it for me!! I seriously watch so many shows on a weekly basis that I DVR it's sick and I still feel I am always waiting for a show to be on. Big brother is my all time fav but it is only on from july-sept. I watch every week. Once upon a time, Gossip girl, 90210, new girl, modern family, cougar town (where is it!!!) Pretty little liars, secret life (Yes I am not a teen anymore way over but I don't care), subergatory, whitney, Regis and kelly, racheal ray, storage wars oh man there is so many to list lol.
I think I have only child syndrome that is why I live for tv

LOL, you sound like me! I was an only child until I was 22 and I LOVE tv!! We truly do tons of things outside the home, have hobbies, etc, but there are a ton of show that we DVR and will sit and watch: Burn Notice (off season now), Once Upon a Time, Grimm, Pan Am, The Walking Dead, An American Horror Story...then DH has some he DVRs and I have a couple that I do like Coming Home and Sister Wives. And then there's all the ones that I/we enjoy but don't DVR, LMAO!!

No GD! :)

But my bloods are low (??) and she said just keep taking my pre-natal and things should be fine. May eventually need another iron supplement but for now she’s not concerned. She did not further elaborate so I’m trying not to be concerned. Easier said than done!

Naturally, the weight issue was mentioned. I countered by explaining that the constant mentioning of my weight is making me feel very stressed, and that I’d prefer that instead of hearing how oh, I gained 25 pounds now and that’s my maximum permitted gain or whatever, I’d rather hear constructive ideas on how I can continue to remain healthy through pregnancy. She was very receptive – after all, I have no GD and my BP has been perfectly wonderful. So she gave me some good tips and that was that. But next time I see the OBG who’s slightly less tactful, so I’m hoping I can keep my emotions in check if she decides to rail me about it. I know I’m probably naïve but I wish they’d focus more on the entire health in perspective rather than just nag me about gaining too much. I realize her reasoning for caring (as she explained today): bigger babies = potential complications in labor, and loss is harder post-pregnancy, plus creates additional unnecessary aches and pains. I understand that. But there’s no turning back now and losing the weight I’ve gained – or at least, they frown upon that and I have no desire to go that route. So I’d much rather if they’d just help me think of better ways to carry on through the next 12 weeks.

She also put me a day or two ahead today. I’m not changing my stuff at this point though haha. She’ll come when she’s dandy no matter what. :p

Anyway, rant over… sorry for going on and on needlessly. I’m just frustrated and furthermore, embarrassed… and trying to cope without stressing. Again, easier said than done. xD

YEY for no GD!!! I'm sorry you are stressed about the weight gain. Try not to worry about it. Otherwise, you and baby are totally healthy and that's what's important. Try to eat well and take walks and you can worry about what you gained later!!! That's how I feel about it! LOL :hugs:

Glad to hear no GD! thats awesome!!!
I would probably be bothered by that too. Sure there are guidlines, but assuming you are healthy and you are eating good and excerising, your body will gain what it NEEDS to gain! Some women only need to gain 10lb other women need to gain 75lb....its such a pet peeve when i hear doctors moaning about it and yet they dont look at the entire picture :wacko:

I wouldn't worry about the low iron stores. If you start being breathless on short walks or dizziness then it's prob too low x

Hey Ladies! Life is so busy I don't get here nearly as often as I would like! Hope you are all doing very well!! :) I can't believe how soon all of our LO's will be here! Not sure I will be on prior to Thanksgiving, so Happy Turkey Day everyone!!

Any Black Friday shoppers out there?? I'm totally guilty of it, and actually have been stalking the leaked ads already. On this years to find list are, a Keurig coffee maker, boots (fashionable with no heels), and baby stuff, all for STEALS of course. :)

I had my 28 week appointment yesterday, and had my follow-up ultrasound as Mallory was kind of in hiding at the 20 week scan and they couldn't get good pictures of her heart. Happy to say all went well, other than the fact that I had to reassure the tech that I did not have any caffeine or an excessive amount of sugar prior to the appointment. She would NOT hold still, and it was making both of us laugh!

So yesterday was my DH's birthday, and my hairy son Bentley's birthday. We had a nice evening laying in bed, eating Qdoba, watching TV while Bentley played with his new toy.

I'm attaching two pictures of my scan, her profile shot, and her face. Hope everyone can make out her face, I've had to explain it to a few people as it's a little blurry. Also, a picture of my fur child with his birthday sign. :)

Again, I hope you ladies are all doing well! I love this thread!

Attachments

• IMAG0282.jpg
    IMAG0282.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMAG0284.jpg
    IMAG0284.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Bentley2bday.jpg
    Bentley2bday.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 7
im black friday shopping :D Dont know for what yet, exactly :blush: but mama is coming to visit us (all the way from central Pennsylvania to coastal New Hampshire) and its tradition that we go :D I

I'm not sure about Black Friday shopping yet! Dh and I ALWAYS do the Boxing Day shopping...we love that. Black Friday is crazy...and I don't like getting up that early. I'd say unless we find an amazing deal, we may go shopping but it'll be once we're up and about!

Swan Yay! no GD I have to take my test on Friday. Yuck. Ive gained 30lbs already myself little freaked out but I gained almost 60 w ds so I doubt I'll do that again at least. AS long as the baby is healthy all's good in the hood.

I have always been a black friday shopper even if I have nothing to buy I just like the thrill and to watch the people. So fun.

I keep having this real tight sensatiion happen very low down. I though that maybe it was the baby moving but It seems to happen and then stop after 10 seconds but always in the same spot I am wondering now if it could be BH. IDK what a contratcion feels like after only having back labor but now I am starting to feel this when it happens and catch my breath for a minute. How would I know what it is without being hooked up or something?

How do I know if its ok? Is it ok to happen a few times a day do you know?

Hello ladies hope your all well??

Well a quick update from me.

My blood pressure is all over the place and i have terrible head aches the consultant thinks its the start of pre clampsia (sp)

So now i am having scans every 2 weeks and a consultant appt and i have to see the mw every thursday to have my blood pressure and urine checked.

But it looks like winston (bumps nick name) will be here at 37 weeks so not a feb baby but the day the consultant wants to induce me is my angels birthday :( which i dont think i can cope with.

I have asked if they will change the date but they wont.

I am going to keep on at them to let me wait till 38 weeks so fingers crossed.

Not long now ladies our babies are nearly here :D xx

Thanks JP! That’s the rationale I keep trying to present and everyone seems to agree – except for the majority of the doctors. They’re all stuck on that 20-25 pounds if you’re slightly overweight rule… and they do not sway. But then they say, “Well it’s just because we don’t want your baby to be too big, or don’t want you having issues losing it later…” Okay well losing it is my problem and no one else’s, so that’s whatever. I’m not too bothered, as long as I’m healthy. I’ll bust my butt accordingly! :haha: And if she’s too big, it’s not like they won’t be capable of getting her out of me or anything. So I don’t know. :shrug: I’m just trying to cope and be as healthy as possible without getting too bummed. xD

Aw Guppy, thanks; I’m glad I’m not alone. That’s how I feel too – everyone’s different. My coworker had only gained 15 pounds (and she’s very thin) and though her baby was under 6 pounds and deemed “underweight” he was healthy and is a lovely child now. My friend has gained 50 with every pregnancy and had healthy, normal children as well – and she was slightly overweight when she conceived. So like, what gives? Haha. Ah well guess they need something to poke about since nothing else ‘exciting’ is happening with me. ;)

Thanks for the reassurance GG! I haven’t had any issues other than standing up too fast out of bed, but that’s probably mostly because I end up on my back somehow by morning almost every night. My body is really uncooperative at staying still! I’ll be cautious to monitor my fatigue though, and am going to start planning on incorporation some natural iron into my diet on a more frequent basis. I love me some spinach after all!

Hi RedHead and hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving as well! :D I used to love Black Friday shopping but right now, no way. I might kill someone. :haha: Crowds = uncool. Lovely photos and glad your appointment went well! That’s awesome! :) Your puppy is just too cute, btw!

Hope your test goes well Saphire! FX for you! And thank you, SO much, for the reassurance. I’m really glad I’m NOT alone here. My coworker is 14 weeks and hasn’t gained an ounce yet, or so it appears, so I feel really self-conscious at work! haha. It’s insane. And I am with Guppy; sounds like how people describe BH to me. I am unsure if I’ve had them or not, I think maybe but am not positive. Sorry I have no advice on how often is ‘normal’ for getting them, but I’m sure someone else here will know. I love coming to this thread because I always get the information and reassurances I need from you lovely ladies. :D :husg:

So sorry to hear of your struggles Mum! :hugs: I hope they will let you change the date! Seeing your rationale, I cannot imagine why they would not! One day cannot truly harm, right? Thoughts with you, love, hope you’re feeling better soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->