February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Swan, she will of course be perfect!! Don't worry about that! She will be perfect, and beautiful, and will have all the love in the world!!

Your friend did a great job JP!

Ugh, I am so annoyed! A lady asked me today (random stranger at the market, and well, stated not asked): "Oh, a Christmas baby, how exciting! I smiled and said how actually, no, I was due closer to having a Valentine's baby than a Christmas baby.

She immediately scowled at me and said, "Oh my word that's horrible, how big you are already! You must be due with twins." I said no, just one and she goes, "A monstrous girl then, it must be. Oh she'll be just horriffic."

It's bad enough my friends are placing bets on me 'failing' having a natural birth (which makes me livid), but she's not the first stranger to have this conversation with me recently about how I look due for Christmas, and how I must be having this giant baby, etc. But now she's being called horrific?!

I know, I'm just being overly sensitive but I'd seriously love to cram a cork in some people's mouths some days. xD

Thank you!!

What a mean old lady!! I get things from both sides. I get some people telling me I look small for how far along I am and others saying how big I look for how far along I am. I think some people assume every pregnant belly will be the same and judge you based upon their experience. Try not to let it get to you. Your baby will NOT be horrific (what a horrible thing to say!!!) and I'm sure she'll be a perfectly normal size!!!!

Oh ladies, I just don't even understand people sometimes. xD

I don't get why people make comments on someone carrying "too big/small." It's really none of their business, and it only adds stress in our already chaotic lives, IMO. Just peeves me off - I'm sorry that some of you are experiencing similar situations too - whether it be too small or too large comments. It's just stupid. Do these people think our doctors aren't keeping tabs on us, and letting us know how we're progressing?

:hugs:

Ah well. People will always have something to say I suppose!

Agreed!!! Whenever anyone I know is pregnant, I tell them they look great! No mention of how big or small even I may think they are!! It's not polite! You wouldn't tell a non-pregnant person how big or small they look...why do it to someone who's pregnant and already emotional!!!

Has anyone heard from Guppy? I feel like she said her LO was in the ER recently (though I could be wrong, I tried reading back to find it and failed...) so I was wondering if anyone heard news on how he was? Or how whoever's LO was, if it wasn't hers.

Pregnancy brain. :dohh: I'm such a failure. lol.

Has anyone heard from Guppy? I feel like she said her LO was in the ER recently (though I could be wrong, I tried reading back to find it and failed...) so I was wondering if anyone heard news on how he was? Or how whoever's LO was, if it wasn't hers.

Pregnancy brain. :dohh: I'm such a failure. lol.

:hi: there. Im back :D
Poor little dude has been in so much pain. The Roseola itself isn't bad, he is doing okay even with a low grade fever, bless his heart...but the canker sores (and now two cold sores that he developed :( ) were causing himm SOO much pain. He is very good about eating and he drinks water all day long, but he wanted nothing to do with it, because of the pain i reckon. So we followed up with his ped yesterday. DH is so sweet. He took PTO and stayed home in the morning then in the afternoon he worked from home (one thing i actually like about Liberty Mutual lol). I was just so tired bc ive not been getting very good sleep and then top that off with LO waking up screaming every hour :( But since going to the ped they prescribed him this "magic mouthwash" which basically numbs his sores. ITs very hard to apply bc he doesnt understand how swishing works and we cant risk him swallowing it bc he could choke if it numbs his throat, so we have to do it with Q-tips. Anyways he has been doing much better,so long as we keep up with that. :thumbup:

Sorry ive been MIA. I managed to coax DS to sleep in bed with me longer so we got some sleep between 8:30A-10:45, which was really nice because ive been so tired :sleep:

Hi everyone,

Been a long time since I made a post but have had a few issues. Baby is fine but my body isn't coping so well. Had a bout of pre term labor which was stopped but not to concerned as we had the same with DS1 around the same time but on top of that I have torn my round ligament which attaches to the uterus and my back has gone as well.

So after an ambulance trip and hospital stay I am now at home on bed rest but the good news is Hubby got back from deployment just before all this happened.

All you girls have been in my thoughts and I hope everything is ticking along for you all better than it has for me and now that I have time on my hands I look forward to catching up on the tread.
RJ2-, I'm glad baby is okay and your hubby is home!!! :)

Your friend did a great job JP!

Ugh, I am so annoyed! A lady asked me today (random stranger at the market, and well, stated not asked): "Oh, a Christmas baby, how exciting! I smiled and said how actually, no, I was due closer to having a Valentine's baby than a Christmas baby.

She immediately scowled at me and said, "Oh my word that's horrible, how big you are already! You must be due with twins." I said no, just one and she goes, "A monstrous girl then, it must be. Oh she'll be just horriffic."

It's bad enough my friends are placing bets on me 'failing' having a natural birth (which makes me livid), but she's not the first stranger to have this conversation with me recently about how I look due for Christmas, and how I must be having this giant baby, etc. But now she's being called horrific?!

I know, I'm just being overly sensitive but I'd seriously love to cram a cork in some people's mouths some days. xD
I am just at a loss for words! Speechless. Ugh... that women sounds terrible and i CANT BELIEVE she said that to you. uggghhhh!

:hi: there. Im back :D
Poor little dude has been in so much pain. The Roseola itself isn't bad, he is doing okay even with a low grade fever, bless his heart...but the canker sores (and now two cold sores that he developed :( ) were causing himm SOO much pain. He is very good about eating and he drinks water all day long, but he wanted nothing to do with it, because of the pain i reckon. So we followed up with his ped yesterday. DH is so sweet. He took PTO and stayed home in the morning then in the afternoon he worked from home (one thing i actually like about Liberty Mutual lol). I was just so tired bc ive not been getting very good sleep and then top that off with LO waking up screaming every hour :( But since going to the ped they prescribed him this "magic mouthwash" which basically numbs his sores. ITs very hard to apply bc he doesnt understand how swishing works and we cant risk him swallowing it bc he could choke if it numbs his throat, so we have to do it with Q-tips. Anyways he has been doing much better,so long as we keep up with that. :thumbup:

Sorry ive been MIA. I managed to coax DS to sleep in bed with me longer so we got some sleep between 8:30A-10:45, which was really nice because ive been so tired :sleep:
Guppy! So glad he is doing better! I'll keep him in my thoughts! I'm sorry youve had such a rough couple of days :hugs:

okay question for previous moms....

do you think i will use both a purse AND a diaper bag? or will I just shove all my stuff into LO's diaper bag? Do i get a small clutch that can fit inside of it? if so... anyone have any suggestions of clutches that they like that can fit cards, money and cell phone? What are you guys doing for a daiper bag... we are thinking of getting a backpack diaper bag so it can be manly enough for when hubby uses the bag. I also think I will like the handsfree option better than an over the shoulder one. https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12294051
https://trus.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pTRU1-11616689dt.jpg
Thoughts?

Well,,,for as much as i wanted to be into purses, i just never was...even before the kiddo....so for me, no purse. BUT even if i was into them...i probably would find that i stopped using it because carrying a baby + a purse + a diaper bag is way too much for my two small arms! lol

This is what i do, got myself a diaper bag then i use one of those metal card holder things for my cash, credit cards, ID, & insurance cards. They come in various sizes....they sort of look like old school cigarette cases. Some are thinner, some are thicker and hold more. I got mine from Clairs (or was it Icings?) and i got one that holds a lot of cards, so def enough room! I throw that in my diaper bag (usually there is a slot that fits perfectly for something like that). Then i bought one of these (its actually a camera holder but it works PERFECT for your cell phone in one slot (possible the card holder too, depending on size) and then lip stick, or change in the other slot:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Merkury-Shoot-N-Share-Case-Sunrise-Gumball/16617548
Then because there is a hook on it, my keys fit on it too, which is great bc almost all moms have trouble keeping track of their keys! lol ...both the card holder and the camera case can fit into your diaper bag, or you can use your pockets ;) if you dont have pockets you can always hook the camera case onto your belt loop.

Backpacks are much easier, the only issue with those, is the lack of compartments, which is something i like about a diaper bag, but not everyone does. So that would depend on preference.

Either way, being as hands free as possible is something you DEF want...actually i think its a necessity when you have kids!

Aw Guppy! :hugs: Bless you, and your poor little boy! I hope he continues to improve, and quickly, and that things settle down for you soon. I’m glad you were able to get some rest today! I’m falling asleep at my desk at work right now. :haha: A nap sounds glorious! Maybe I’ll put my head down after I eat my lunch… But anyway, welcome back! :hugs:

Jokerette, I love that bag – it’s super cute! I love purses, but everyone’s told me that I won’t be inclined to carry one most days, since I’ll already have a diaper bag. Sometimes there’s an exception, like going to church or elsewhere where you may be leaving LO with someone else briefly (and their bag) while you’re in the service, but otherwise most women I know just cram their stuff that they need all into the diaper bag. LOL. I have a small clutch I use a lot for when I don’t need a lot of things, so I may put my wallet in there and just pop that right into my diaper bag.

https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/62134?feat=sr < is the diaper bag we picked. I wanted something I knew would last a long time, and my sister raved about this one. Plus LL Bean has a great return policy. It&#8217;s nice and big, so I can fit everything I need, and then some. :)

I&#8217;d say as long as it has good, bountiful pockets, it would work great for you! Like Guppy said, you can always get a small clutch or purse or whatever for YOUR items, and pop that into your bag to keep them separate. Or designate a pocket for mommy&#8217;s stuff. lol.

I figured I wouldn't want to hold a purse and a diaper bag so last year when I found a Coach diaper bag deeply discounted, I grabbed it! It's as cute as a purse, but has all the compartments as a diaper bag. I wouldn't make Dh use that so for him we have a manly diaper bag, lol.

Ahhhhhhhh JP!!!! I loooooove the coach diaper bags. I want one but hubby said he wouldn't drop 200 on it. :haha: so I'm stalking for if they get discounted again. ;)

perfect! that is exactyle the tips i was looking for. That backpack i list is actually a diaper backpack, so it has extra pockets and a changing pad...

I like the clutch you posted Guppy! Thanks ladies!! :) :)

okay back to work for me.... ;)

Ahhhhhhhh JP!!!! I loooooove the coach diaper bags. I want one but hubby said he wouldn't drop 200 on it. :haha: so I'm stalking for if they get discounted again. ;)

LOL, there's no way mine would either. I got it last year at the Coach Outlet near our place in Florida. It was regularly almost 400$, 50% off, and then 30% off. I think we spent just over 100$ on it. Even my Dh knew that was an awesome deal!!

Ugh. So you ladies know I've been trying to get my military time done for MONTHS AND MONTHS. Here I am - 2 months (give or take) from giving birth and ONE of the people I contacted, emailed me back. She basically said, yes, I can do my stuff with them, BUT she wants me to do "weekends" when they do. Regular reservists do one weekend a month. I have 24 8 hour blocks that I need to do...which would be 12 weekends. There are not 12 weekends left until the next fiscal year. She did say that she has no issue with me doing my annual tour (2 weeks) with them, so that's good...sort of. I have to get my orders in...which is going to be hard. I only have until the 21st of Dec for this month and then in Jan...god I really didn't want to be working then. *sigh*

:hugs: JP

I went through quite a number of changing bags before I found my "perfect" match. :blush:
In the end, it was an OiOi tote that won my heart.
https://www.oioibabybags.com/home/oib/page_48_14/cocoa_giraffe_tote.html
it's very 'spensive (£95), but I got it for xmas/birthday so justified it that way. :lol: I've also used it as a handbag when I've been out and about minus the kiddie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->