February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Okay...looks like...if I hear back from my COL asap, get my orders in and approved asap, and find a maternity uniform asap, I will do my 2 week annual tour starting on Jan 3. Since the 2nd is a holiday that's actually better because it gives me a 4 day work week, a 5 day work week, and then 1 day. It's after the holidays so I at least don't have to worry about that During the holidays...considering I still have to finish my school papers, Christmas projects, cards, etc etc etc... and I should still have at least a week after I finish before the baby is born. I can do that. That still leaves all my other days I need to do...but I just won't worry about that now. If I have to do some weekends, Dh can watch the baby and I'll pump and he can feed him & I can come home for lunch since it's on base.

Im glad you have a plan in motion.
Hope you can get your maternity uniform quickly!
Take it easy during your tour hun!

Ugh. So you ladies know I've been trying to get my military time done for MONTHS AND MONTHS. Here I am - 2 months (give or take) from giving birth and ONE of the people I contacted, emailed me back. She basically said, yes, I can do my stuff with them, BUT she wants me to do "weekends" when they do. Regular reservists do one weekend a month. I have 24 8 hour blocks that I need to do...which would be 12 weekends. There are not 12 weekends left until the next fiscal year. She did say that she has no issue with me doing my annual tour (2 weeks) with them, so that's good...sort of. I have to get my orders in...which is going to be hard. I only have until the 21st of Dec for this month and then in Jan...god I really didn't want to be working then. *sigh*

I can imagine none of us will really want to be working at all come next year, it must be hard trying to organise all this. I know that the military organisation tends to be instant or take for ever. Hang in there.

:hugs: JP

I went through quite a number of changing bags before I found my "perfect" match. :blush:
In the end, it was an OiOi tote that won my heart.
https://www.oioibabybags.com/home/oib/page_48_14/cocoa_giraffe_tote.html
it's very 'spensive (£95), but I got it for xmas/birthday so justified it that way. :lol: I've also used it as a handbag when I've been out and about minus the kiddie.

Adore the bag. Especially the print.

Meant to say too... I think it has dirt-repelling magic built in coz it's still lovely and clean after 2 years use! :shock:

Im glad you have a plan in motion.
Hope you can get your maternity uniform quickly!
Take it easy during your tour hun!

I hope so too! I Really don't want to buy one because they're super expensive and at this point I will literally only be wearing it for TWO WEEKS. I'm not spending a 100-200$ on something I'll only wear 2 weeks...not if I can help it!

I'll try. Hopefully they don't expect much from me...because I will not be wanting to do much!! I don't want to do much NOW...I can only imagine how I'll feel in another month!

Ugh. So you ladies know I've been trying to get my military time done for MONTHS AND MONTHS. Here I am - 2 months (give or take) from giving birth and ONE of the people I contacted, emailed me back. She basically said, yes, I can do my stuff with them, BUT she wants me to do "weekends" when they do. Regular reservists do one weekend a month. I have 24 8 hour blocks that I need to do...which would be 12 weekends. There are not 12 weekends left until the next fiscal year. She did say that she has no issue with me doing my annual tour (2 weeks) with them, so that's good...sort of. I have to get my orders in...which is going to be hard. I only have until the 21st of Dec for this month and then in Jan...god I really didn't want to be working then. *sigh*

I can imagine none of us will really want to be working at all come next year, it must be hard trying to organise all this. I know that the military organisation tends to be instant or take for ever. Hang in there.

:hugs: JP

I went through quite a number of changing bags before I found my "perfect" match. :blush:
In the end, it was an OiOi tote that won my heart.
https://www.oioibabybags.com/home/oib/page_48_14/cocoa_giraffe_tote.html
it's very 'spensive (£95), but I got it for xmas/birthday so justified it that way. :lol: I've also used it as a handbag when I've been out and about minus the kiddie.

Adore the bag. Especially the print.

Lol, you're right, I'm sure none of us do. It's just really annoying to me because of how long I've been trying to get this done. I was ready in September and could have finished ALL the days I have to do. And, for me, it's not like regular jobs I've had. I have intense anxiety about my military crap so that's another reason I really didn't want to be dealing with it just a couple weeks before I have the baby! :wacko:

ack :(
3rd tri hates me
so nauseous and light headed and dizzy and hot all the time. not to mention drained!
anyone else having a super rough time of it lately?
i had such an amazingggg first and 2nd tri... now its coming back at me!!!

I feel that way too AlmostMama. I had it easier than many in the first 2/3 of pregnancy. Now I'm so exhausted and just feeling beat to all hell. Blah!

ack :(
3rd tri hates me
so nauseous and light headed and dizzy and hot all the time. not to mention drained!
anyone else having a super rough time of it lately?
i had such an amazingggg first and 2nd tri... now its coming back at me!!!

Not nauseous, but hot Always and drained and sore! My first tri was still the worst with the all day nausea.

please excuse me while i have a moan and then i will catch up !
ok so i had my appt today to find out my c-section date change etc, and it was screwed to be honest !!
i had to go to the emergency clinic yesterday because i had a small bleed and burning in my pelvis. no UTI like i thought i had (ive had burning wee for over a week?!?!?) but i had protein and ketones in my urine.
so at the appt this morning (my appt was at 1030am) a little girl the same age as jesse burnt her feet walking up the metal ramp into the dr clinic and was screaming non stop for an hour, this horrible ear piercing, blood curdling scream! it was awful, she was in so much pain, so they were tending to her in between people (which was fine by me, i dont mind waiting for something like that !) well by the time she left (still screaming her lungs out, with blistery feet :cry:) , it was my turn.... (it was now midday so an hour and a half later ) ...
well this old bitty (sorry lol) huffed and puffed about how she had been there half an hour already ? :dohh: and how i chose to be pregnant so should have to wait until after her because she didnt chose to be old ? !!! :saywhat: so i let her in ahead of me and she just looked at me with this stupid grin on her face and mumbled "i always get what i want love" :dohh: wth ? :nope: why can people be so rude ?!?!?!?!

and thats not even the best bit of my appt !!!! the dr did NOT check my BP , even though i STILL have ketones and protein in my urine, she did NOT check position/ heartbeat of even attempt to feel holly !
also the stupid dr at the hospital ( the one who changed my due date to the 28th from the 22nd because he liked it better that way and scheduled my c-section at 40+1 ), has denied changing it because my dr is challenging him on it ? wtf ? it clearly says in my records that he changed it and now hes denying it ? arghhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so i should be having my c-section on the 16th now he is saying its not been changed , but i dont find out until 2 weeks time :dohh: :dohh: :dohh:
RANT OVER !
im so terribly sorry, i just had to get it out !

almostmama- im with you ! although ive felt horrid the whole way through!
heartburn/nauseous/ exhausted ! :dohh: wishing the next 10 weeks away for sure !
SWAN- i did reply but it didnt work for some reason ! i would have slapped that lady tbh ! she had no right and there is no such think as a monstrous baby !

Tiger, that is just terrible! Hopefully they get your c-section information all situated ASAP!! :hugs: love!

On the sick feeling, I have been getting a sour stomach at least once a week for the last month or so. It makes me feel terrible!!

Aww Tiger I hope they sort it out for you very soon! That stinks :(

As for the rude old lady, oh I'd have liked to smack her. :haha: you chose to be pregnant and she didn't choose to be old? Some people I swear!! You're far kinder than me, I never would have let her in front of me bc I can't stand people like that. ;). (well and I'm horribly rude like that lol)

She didn't choose to be old?? Of all the ridiculous things... :roll: Some people! I wouldn't have let her in front of me either. Guess I'm rude, too. :)

Yeah, 3rd tri has been rough on me so far. :( Which is kind of unfair, because I had a rough 1st tri, and then exhaustion set in from about weeks 14-20. So I had like six good weeks there in the middle and then poof! 3rd tri. Boo.
Heartburn. Sciatica. Fatigue. Headaches. I'm ready for the baby to come!
Oh, and our travel system arrived last night. Yay!! Starting to get moving on things...

And on the purse/diaper bag discussion, I made two decisions. One, I will NOT have a plain black diaper bag again. They're everywhere!! Boring, plus too easy to pick up someone else's by accident. And two, I am NOT carrying a purse. With DS, I carried a purse, diaper bag, and him IN the carseat. It's a wonder I didn't develop scoliosis or something. This time, I'm going for a diaper bag only, with a small clutch of my own stuff that will fit inside. And I'm going to try to leave the car seat in the car as much as possible. :thumbup:

Tiger I hope you get your c-section date soon.
As for the old woman who didn't choose to be old, I'm a bit of a bitch and would have told her she could have ended her life years ago if she was worried about being old.

I saw my MW today and I'm :happydance::hapydance::hapydance: No one can gaurentee it won't change..but as of the current moment my good little girl isn't laying OP!!!
MW looked over the letter from the blood clinic about my antibodies because I asked her what the levels were, but it didn't say specifically which means they are very low. I had to have more blood taken. Luckily MW managed to get it first try but it was a very slow flow and took ages. Just glad I don't have to go to the hosital and sit in there for hours waiting to have it done tomorrow though! But my arm is now aching.

please excuse me while i have a moan and then i will catch up !
ok so i had my appt today to find out my c-section date change etc, and it was screwed to be honest !!
i had to go to the emergency clinic yesterday because i had a small bleed and burning in my pelvis. no UTI like i thought i had (ive had burning wee for over a week?!?!?) but i had protein and ketones in my urine.
so at the appt this morning (my appt was at 1030am) a little girl the same age as jesse burnt her feet walking up the metal ramp into the dr clinic and was screaming non stop for an hour, this horrible ear piercing, blood curdling scream! it was awful, she was in so much pain, so they were tending to her in between people (which was fine by me, i dont mind waiting for something like that !) well by the time she left (still screaming her lungs out, with blistery feet :cry:) , it was my turn.... (it was now midday so an hour and a half later ) ...
well this old bitty (sorry lol) huffed and puffed about how she had been there half an hour already ? :dohh: and how i chose to be pregnant so should have to wait until after her because she didnt chose to be old ? !!! :saywhat: so i let her in ahead of me and she just looked at me with this stupid grin on her face and mumbled "i always get what i want love" :dohh: wth ? :nope: why can people be so rude ?!?!?!?!

and thats not even the best bit of my appt !!!! the dr did NOT check my BP , even though i STILL have ketones and protein in my urine, she did NOT check position/ heartbeat of even attempt to feel holly !
also the stupid dr at the hospital ( the one who changed my due date to the 28th from the 22nd because he liked it better that way and scheduled my c-section at 40+1 ), has denied changing it because my dr is challenging him on it ? wtf ? it clearly says in my records that he changed it and now hes denying it ? arghhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so i should be having my c-section on the 16th now he is saying its not been changed , but i dont find out until 2 weeks time :dohh: :dohh: :dohh:
RANT OVER !
im so terribly sorry, i just had to get it out !

Oh goodness!!! What a day!!! The old woman takes the cake - how completely rude!!!! And she KNEW she was being rude, is what kills me!!!

As for the old woman who didn't choose to be old, I'm a bit of a bitch and would have told her she could have ended her life years ago if she was worried about being old.

:rofl::xmas13::rofl::xmas13::rofl::xmas13:

Seriously, I just died a little. You are hilarious, I love it. xDDD

Tiger, i can't believe how rediculous they are being towards you!
Ugh. i would be beyond upset it about it! I hope it gets figured out ASAP!

Here is my bump pic taken last night. My friend is going to do pics over the weekend for us and i was messing around with bows and trying to figure out how to do it....the ribbon is in green because outside of bnb NO ONE knows if we are having a girl or boy :haha: PLEASE DONT SAY ANYTHING!!!!! we have kept it secret this far and id hope that would continue :winkwink:

28+5

Attachments

• bump2852bump.jpg
    bump2852bump.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 4
  • bump285second.jpg
    bump285second.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics