February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Yup, getting on all fours always seems to work for me to get Crumb to shift positions. Or even just to get him/her to stop whatever s/he is doing that is uncomfortable. Sometimes the pokes are a little painful. Not so much like hard kicks but like s/he's trying to stretch and there's not enough room.
And honestly, I think s/he can hear my alarm in the morning, 'cause I'll be lying there peacefully, sometimes awake, and as soon as the alarm goes off, the kickboxing starts and I can't hit the snooze and fall back to sleep. :(
(The "s/he," "him/her" thing is starting to get annoying. :wacko: I'm ready to find out already!)

Should i start getting on all fours now to try to rotate him into head-down... or wait until 34 weeks to see what he is then. I am going to have a 34 week ultrasound to check on placenta placement. If I wait until then is it too late?

What you all are talking about is called "Optimal Fetal Positioning" (OFP) :thumbup: so if anyone has questions just google that :D

I would DEF start now!!! Actually, OFP is the most beneficial when its done early (like 20 weeks and on), but not to worry you can still greatly benefit! I really would not wait until 34 weeks :nope: i would start now.

Oh my heavens, my ankles are so swollen and painful today. This is the second time I've noticed them being swollen in the past two weeks, and the first time they've hurt so badly while being swollen. And I haven't even been on my feet much today! :(

Sorry, I just had to whine about it. :haha: I was wondering why my socks were hurting my feet, so I decided to take them off for the afternoon and well, lo and behold, I found out why!

Mine haven't been swollen in awhile... which is weird to me... but that's how I knew, too-- my socks were hurting my feet.

:wave: Haven't read back over the last day or so, Abbie's been sick and so time isn't on my side. Hope you are all ok, and for those of you that need them: :hugs:

Lol, I think my feet might be slightly swollen but I'm not sure. I don't wear socks unless I'm going to the gym and That hasn't happened in a while!!! My shoes of choice are flip flops when it's "warm" enough and my Uggs when it's not! Haha!!

I got 2 surprise packages today!! One from one of my best friends and one from my older sister! And my sister said that that's only part of what she sent!! I was happy with just the one - it's the Ocean Wonders mobile, so cute!

Okay, question:

Mattress covers.

Yes or no?? I ordered a pack of two of them: waterproof, quilted for extra comfort, etc. My Dh said that they aren't needed because the mattresses are already waterproof. My mom said yeah, he's right about that, but that the quilting probably does give a bit of added comfort. So now I'm just not sure. Do I keep them? Do I return them and get something else?? Is anyone else using them??

Our mattress had a built in waterproof cover so It didn't even cross my mind tbh! :blush: We just used the normal sheets over the top (though I chose terry ones rather than plain cotton for a "fluffier" feel).

Our mattress had a built in waterproof cover so It didn't even cross my mind tbh! :blush: We just used the normal sheets over the top (though I chose terry ones rather than plain cotton for a "fluffier" feel).

Yep, Terry sheets for the cot on my list too! Managed to get Terry sleep suits for the hospital :) I love cuddling babies in Terry sleep suits :cloud9:

I think a removable waterproof cover is a must. Even if the mattress already has one, you'll want an extra. 'Cause when the stuff goes down in the middle of the night, you want to pull off the grossness, toss it in the wash, put the clean one on, and go back to dreamland. :thumbup:

I think a removable waterproof cover is a must. Even if the mattress already has one, you'll want an extra. 'Cause when the stuff goes down in the middle of the night, you want to pull off the grossness, toss it in the wash, put the clean one on, and go back to dreamland. :thumbup:

Good point!!

Thanks guys! The only fitted sheets I've even seen are cotton ones! Terry would be nice for winter if I could find some. I think I'll stick with the pads, though, as Amaryllis said, good for middle of the night clean ups!!! Forgot about that! Lol. I was thinking, "I can wipe the mattress"...but do I really want to be cleaning the mattress in the middle of the night? Nope.

Hi Girls :wave: As you know we have moved from the Uk to Australia :coolio:

We have bought our car now :happydance:

But i'd like your advice, on what you would do please:

Just looking at houses....Hubby wants us to buy straight away, but our origional plan was to rent for 6 months, to make sure we really like the area :wacko: Dont know what to do???

i would definately rent first to make sure you like the area/ atmosphere and all that jazz!

Hi Girls :wave: As you know we have moved from the Uk to Australia :coolio:

We have bought our car now :happydance:

But i'd like your advice, on what you would do please:

Just looking at houses....Hubby wants us to buy straight away, but our origional plan was to rent for 6 months, to make sure we really like the area :wacko: Dont know what to do???

For me, it would depend. If we found our dream house right away, I'd probably check with people who know the area, check online, etc etc. I would not buy Just to buy - ie: any random house that we may or may not be happy with. In that case, I'd rent first until we found something. Just don't get a year lease because if you find a house in a couple months...unless you have money for both, you won't be able to get it! Good luck!!

How is it, otherwise?? I've always wanted to visit Australia!

These comments are just what my 'rational head' says :thumbup:

But my 'heart' says I really want to be in our own home (weve been renting now for almost 2 years, mostly in the Uk after selling our home in the Uk)

I also think: In the Uk, when you move, you dont go & rent in the area first, do you? Well, ive not heard of it :wacko: So confused

Yeah, I think if you can find a place to rent just short-term, that would be the best option. 'Cause what if you would buy and then hate the neighborhood?

Hehe middle of the night is when the messes always happen. You wanna keep it as quick and easy as possible. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->