February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

:haha: i know some other things that support the female system :rofl: ...damn my husband :rofl: okay sorry for being a perv but the opportunity warranted it :rofl:

on that note, off to start my daily tea lol

Guppy, thanks! I did not purchase yet, so i will buy the one you recommended :)

So... i dont know yet what his position is, i have another ultrasound at week 34. i have this feeling he is tranvserse... just based on kicks and where i feel the most hard lumps. Should i avoid sitting on the birthing ball all together until i know for sure, or would figure-8's still be good? i dont mind waiting... id rather wait then engage him in the wrong way. I'll definitely drape my body over the ball to help get him into the right position!! thanks again!! :)

Guppy, one more thing... the link you shared... does that just come as herbs,,,, so i have to fill my own tea bags? LOL.. im so clueless....

Guppy, one more thing... the link you shared... does that just come as herbs,,,, so i have to fill my own tea bags? LOL.. im so clueless....

Im not 100% positive. If it does not come in tea bags, im pretty sure you can purchase those for cheap at the store. If not i have invented a cheaper method :D I grab one of those coffee filters, cut it into a small piece (just enough to fit the amount of herbs in it), then i fold it over and staple it. Works perfectly and only takes seconds :thumbup:

Have you checked out belly mapping to figure out the position of your LO?
Try this site https://spinningbabies.com/baby-positions/belly-mapping. it explains how to do it to figure out what position the baby is in. And theres probably stuff on youtube as well. ....do you have any prenatal appts before you next ultrasound? Ask your care provider to palpate your tummy, s/he should be able to say what position the baby is in and then you wouldn't have to wait so long to find out :thumbup: in the mean time, i DEF think ANY hands-knees that you do will help. You can never go wrong with that postion...i think if you stick to figure 8s, that is fine, just make sure you dont bounce up and down. figures 8s will be good to get the baby into better positions...make sure you ROLL the ball and dont BOUNCE the ball when your sitting on it (unless you get confirmation of the babys position)

my OB said she wasnt sure exactly where the head was. she felt feet up high on my right side... and she wasnt sure if baby was sitting cradels like a hammock (transverse), or head down. she has checked the last 2 appts and said the same thing, that she wasnt sure, but she said we would know for sure at the ultrasound. she is youngish... like mid-30's so maybe she doesnt have as much experience. But i still love her and feel very comfortable having her deliver my baby

I also always feel simultaneous kicks/hands on opposite sides of my stomach at exactly the same moment. never in the center, always on the sides. if he is not hammocked then i think he is head down facing the left side... with his feet kicking behind him and his hands extended outwards toward the left. :)

i will try the belly mapping.

Jokerette- That is the EXACT one i got! It is all natural and seems to be working for me so far! :)

Guppy- I LOVE THE PICTURES, you look so amazing!!

Swan- It says to drink 4 cups right off the bat on the side of my box too. But i thought i would just start with one and work my way up. I want to wait to see what Guppy's midwife says aswell thou.....

I'm transverse too, with the head slighty lower. Starting to worry a bit! I have been in a sorts of positions as a reception class teacher (squatting, hands and knees, sitting on the floor etc) so I am not helping probably!

I have the midwife again on Tuesday so I'll see what she says then.

I don't know if I updated here but husband got a job!!!! He starts Jan 3rd, so I am stopping work tomorrow (term ends then) - YIKES!!! All very sudden and changed last Thursday. I was due to work until Jan 20th. I am scared but so glad he has a job, yayayayayayay!!! I still get paid as normal until Jan 3rd then my leave officially starts.

Don't blame you Junebugs. Better to be safe than sorry! Everything I've read online says start small and then increase, so I'm interested, too, to see what Guppy's MW says. Since I know I will never remember to ask my own doctor... I never remember to ask her anything I want to. :haha:

Thanks for the tips on the ball! I actually can't bounce on it ever - I used to try when I was on WW and it makes me nauseous. WTF. My body, I swear. :rofl: But I will start sitting and laying on it. I'm 99% sure she's head down and everything, but there's always that chance I could be wrong. I'll see what my doctor says next week when I go. :) But for now, I'll swivel and stuff, so I can get the hang of it so I'm not cold turkey-ing it when I actually go into labor. :D

Loose leaf tea is grand to use, I love it! Guppy's suggestion is a good one - you can buy bags online or in a tea store but coffee filters do work just as well. ^_^ Or you can buy a steeping mug if you like. (https://www.amazon.com/Trudeau-0872...X0MW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1323977639&sr=8-2) I own one of these, but I only bought one because I drink loose leaf year-round, and it made it convenient for drinking at work. :) Coffee filters are the cheapest and easiest route, IMO.

Guppy, that website is fascinating!!
I am going to look back at it in another month or two since I still have 2 1/2 months to go and I think Crumb shifts position a lot.
I have been feeling what I'm pretty sure is a foot up above my belly button for the past few days, but I figure if s/he's head-down, s/he won't stay that way... not that it matters if he's breech for my c-section anyway. :)

congrats on your hubbs job becstar! :dance:

My MWs are very experienced, but even at last weeks appt she couldn't tell me for certain the position of the baby. When i asked why, she said that the amniotic fluid to baby ratio was still high (not thats she meant abnormal high, but jsut that in comparison to the fluid, the baby is actually small), but she hoped to be able to say next time :thumbup: so that could be the same with what happened at your appt :thumbup:

spinningbabies is fab. i love it.
and about fetal positioning, its actually something you want to start working in the beginning. Waiting until the last month or so wont yield beneficial results.
I do lots of hand knees, without the ball...i just have to dig my ball out :haha:

becstar, congrats on DH's job!!!

I am loving that website! :) spinningbabies will be my reading material tonight!!! :thumbup:

Thanks guys!

La is being so cute about the baby. She keeps talking about how the baby will 'come outta Mummy lady bits then have the booby' in a very loud voice!!! Very cute and funny. Poor husband is mortified. She cuddles the baby all the time without being prompted and when I told her it was the baby's hand she felt move the other day she said 'baby gimme 5!' and looked awestruck!

The other day the baby was given a present from a colleague of some baby toys... La insisted on opening the box and playing with them on my tummy so she could play with the baby and show it the toys. Check her out:

https://i42.tinypic.com/106lbet.jpg

That is soooo adorable :cloud9:
how cute! She is a sweetie and quite clever!

She's a little monkey! She watched One Born Every Minute with me when it was on and so she is quite clear on where the baby will come out. She is less clear on how the baby eats inside me... I told her her belly button is there because when she was inside me she ate food through a cord to her belly button, but now she keeps trying to feed the baby biscuits through mine!

She also knows there is no milk in my boobs now until the baby comes but she keeps pouring water on them in the bath and saying 'fill the boobies up, milk now Mummy.' She has a toy milk carton and pours that on me, too! She makes me laugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->