February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Junebugs, just make sure that you ask for help bfing as much as you need it. Don't ever suffer in silence, there is always SOMEONE who can help, and if you're stuck in the middle of the night there is always the bfing section on here (I was a regular in the early days!) and the kellymom website, they are both fab. It isn't a case of just getting it from the word 'go' for most people but it is so worth sticking at.

Thanks for all the comments on La and the picture, peeps!

Tiger, get checked, lovely. I hope you feel better soon.

It was my last day at work today, I got lots of lovely cuddles and presents etc. I am suddenly excited to get to spend this time with my amazing daughter and then my little new arrival. I am also terrified but allowing myself to feel excited right now!!

I def agree with becstar! If you are having issues speak up and get the help! No one is going to help you unless they know there is a problem :winkwink: But if you seek them out and dont give up, there is awesome support :D I visited with my LC 3-4x per week for the first 2 months! Seriously! she was amazing and even though she can't fix my condition, she gave me as much info and assistance as she knew about. She also introduced me to an SNS, which i never even heard of, and a ton of other stuff. they are quite amazing, but the thing is YOU have to seek them out ;)

Junebugs, I am not sure if your hospital has it, but the one that I deliver at has lactation consultants on the staff (I think at all times) and they came in to my room and she sat with me to help me get the hang of how to feed DS1 and how it was most comfortable and such. They also had one go in with DS to make sure that I was still comfortable with BFing and everything. I know that a lot of hospitals have LC on call or there, so it might be something useful to look into at your hospital. :)

PROGRESS!!!

Today I finished all my work in my class which means I'm DONE with my Masters degree!! DONE!!! I don't have to worry or stress or even Think about homework until my little guy is in school!!!!

I also got all my Christmas cards ready to send! I SENT almost all of them. I had about 10 left when the mailman came to my door so I gave him what I'd done and the rest will go out tomorrow!

I finished Dh's blanket last night.

I put the topper things on all the wine we are giving away for Christmas.

Phewwwww!!!

I need to hop into the shower because I'm sweating like a pig and Dh's cousin is brining her 3 year old over tonight so they can go to their squadron Christmas party. She may, or may not, sleep over. I'm really hoping not...but it'll be fine if she does. While she's here I'll wrap more gifts, maybe even get them finished.

I still have stuff I need to buy and things I NEED to do outside the house but those will have to wait until this weekend/early next week. I have been too busy to leave this week!!!

Very productive day JohnsPrincess! Go you!!!

Hope you ladies have an awesome weekend! :)

JP, sounds like you got a lot accomplished today!! I hope that you have a good evening relaxing a little!

DH has been sitting here holding my belly, he got to feel Adelina have the hiccups.... they are still going on (for the last 20 minutes easy)! :haha:

Not really getting to relax tonight, nope! My cousin's daughter is here, but she is going to be picked up tonight, so that's cool! Her regular bedtime is 9 but she gets upset if she thinks I'm going to put her to bed saying she wants to sleep at home with Mommy & Daddy. Lol. I think she's be fine if I made her go to bed, but since I know they're coming to get her, and said it was okay if she didn't go to sleep, instead I've got her having "quiet time". We're watching a movie and she's sitting next to me. It's a "boring" one for her but she's being good!

I did get most of the gifts we have so far, wrapped. And I've got about half another scrubbie crocheted.

Dh just called and he's headed to bed. He is hopefully going to just get up and come home tomorrow, forgoing his run! I just want his butt home!

Congrats on getting your masters JohnsPrincess!!! That is so awesome!!! You should be really proud!

I don't know if I updated here but husband got a job!!!! He starts Jan 3rd, so I am stopping work tomorrow (term ends then) - YIKES!!! All very sudden and changed last Thursday. I was due to work until Jan 20th. I am scared but so glad he has a job, yayayayayayay!!! I still get paid as normal until Jan 3rd then my leave officially starts.

Congrats Becstar that's amazing news:wohoo:. And...snap!! my OH got a job this week too, he starts 6th Jan and my mat leave starts 4th Jan so it's worked out perfectly. I'm finishing on tuesday when the schools close. We're just so much more relaxed and destressed. Money was such a worry and I think it was getting me down more than I realised, now we just keep smiling at each other! So massive congratulations to your husband, he's done so well to get a job in this climate xxx

JP that's fantastic, you can really relax now and enjoy the fun christmas things over the next week.

Tiger hope you get things sorted soon, it sounds serious. :hugs:

I got an email from the gym and spa I used to be a member of, had to quit when OH lost his job but they're giving 12 free days membership to ex members, so heading there now to swim and look longingly at the hot tub/ steam room/ all the stuff I can't do!! Then off to collect my birth pool I bought from ebay, got it for £67 major bargain, just got to hope it doesn't snow again tonight!

Junebugs, I am not sure if your hospital has it, but the one that I deliver at has lactation consultants on the staff (I think at all times) and they came in to my room and she sat with me to help me get the hang of how to feed DS1 and how it was most comfortable and such. They also had one go in with DS to make sure that I was still comfortable with BFing and everything. I know that a lot of hospitals have LC on call or there, so it might be something useful to look into at your hospital. :)

They do, actually that is who i did the class with. (They do classes though the hospital), and she said she will be there to help!

Thanks ladies for all your support!! It really means alot to me, i am so determined on BF that i think i am putting so much pressure on myself... i think i just need to relax and believe i can do this.... :) I am so glad i found this group !!! :friends:

Thats what support buds are for :friends:

Way to go JP! That really was a productive day!

Tequeiro, thats so cute! Isaiah used to get the hiccups 24/7 when i was pregnant w him...he even got them seconds after birth :haha: ....this little one has never hiccupped yet ( or that im aware of)....makes me a bit nervous.

Becstar, i just realized you are 34 weeks! :shock: when did that happen?! Lol you seem sooooo much further along! Lol

AFM, i made DS a cloth diaper last night...it was def the trial run, as noted my poor seams :blush:, but it looks durable and im excited to take pics!

1.) Front of the pocket diaper
2.) back
3.) inside (the velcro looks crocked bc of the prefolds we stuffed it with)
4.) Mr Model :)
5.) playing w his Thomas the Tank

Attachments

• IMG_0685.jpg
    IMG_0685.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0681.jpg
    IMG_0681.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0682.jpg
    IMG_0682.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0692.jpg
    IMG_0692.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0687.jpg
    IMG_0687.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 1
Thats what support buds are for :friends:

Way to go JP! That really was a productive day!

Tequeiro, thats so cute! Isaiah used to get the hiccups 24/7 when i was pregnant w him...he even got them seconds after birth :haha: ....this little one has never hiccupped yet ( or that im aware of)....makes me a bit nervous.

Becstar, i just realized you are 34 weeks! :shock: when did that happen?! Lol you seem sooooo much further along! Lol

AFM, i made DS a cloth diaper last night...it was def the trial run, as noted my poor seams :blush:, but it looks durable and im excited to take pics!

1.) Front of the pocket diaper
2.) back
3.) inside (the velcro looks crocked bc of the prefolds we stuffed it with)
4.) Mr Model :)
5.) playing w his Thomas the Tank

You did such an awesome job on that!!!

thank you!
Id like to try my hand at another one, but i want to make it one size so Elliot and ISaiah can both wear it...need some snaps and a snapper first, though.

I'm sure you can do it! Did you find a pattern online or just create your own?? I really need to make some mini-crib sheets.

I got mine from a pattern book from JoAnn Fabrics. Found here:

https://www.joann.com/joann/catalog...geName=search&flag=true&PRODID=zprd_11108966a

But i do know there is a ton of stuff online...pinterest and youtube

Guppy, that is so neat! I'm jealous...

I have to say, I've thought about cloth diapering... at least a little bit... I don't know much about it, but I know it's better for the earth and I know there are lots of ladies on here who have TONS to teach... Not that I can sew worth a lick, so wouldn't be making my own. :blush:
At first I thought it was gross, but you totally get over the whole poop-and-pee thing when you have a toddler/preschooler who's potty training and routinely poops and pees in his underwear. :roll: We're mostly over that now, but I got lots of experience with poop and pee. Yay that.

Oh, and re:hiccups-- I haven't felt any this time, either. :shrug: I think this baby just makes too many BIG movements for me to notice the little ones.

haha yeah, there are sooo many misconceptions about cloth diapering...the biggest two would be "the time it takes" and "thats disgusting" ...if im being blunt those two are both HUGE myths. 1.) i wash diapers 1x per week....its really not hard to throw them in the wash lol, and i have enough for 2 kids, so no biggie 2.) i havn't touched any more poop-pee in my life than anyone who uses disposables lol. They make these hose sprayers that you hook up to the toilet so if there is poop you just hold it over the toilet and then spray it off, throw it in the wet bag, and bam! done lol. If its wet you just put in the wet bag until laundry day. No biggie.

Its much easier than i thought....of course...i know saving the planet helps...but im cheap and i just do it mostly for the savings :blush: and the dips look cute :haha:

Im actually not good at sewing...this was only the second thing i made, and the first thing didn't turn out :wacko: following a pattern...anyone could do it

That sounds really easy, actually... And a lot less disgusting than putting my hands in the toilet to scrub up poopy undies, which was a daily thing there for awhile... Sorry if anyone is eating...

That sounds really easy, actually... And a lot less disgusting than putting my hands in the toilet to scrub up poopy undies, which was a daily thing there for awhile... Sorry if anyone is eating...

:haha: humous wasn't good choice of food while reading that... lol luckily just finished before I got to your posts amaryllis! I'm planning on cloth nappies or the cost and environment issues, i think the poop and pee is there whatever you use to contain it so not too bothered on that front!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->