February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Okay ladies... time for a check-in! Whats your favorite and least favorite thing(s) about being pregnant? :)

Favorite:
the kicks and flutters in my stomach
being able to have somewhat special treatment (people offering seats, etc).
everyone always asking how I am feeling and saying "you look cute!"... i like the extra attention :)

Least Favorite:
I miss sleeping on my back or stomach
I miss red wine

okay... your turn! :)

Okay ladies... time for a check-in! Whats your favorite and least favorite thing(s) about being pregnant? :)

Favorite:
the kicks and flutters in my stomach
being able to have somewhat special treatment (people offering seats, etc).
everyone always asking how I am feeling and saying "you look cute!"... i like the extra attention :)

Least Favorite:
I miss sleeping on my back or stomach
I miss red wine

okay... your turn! :)

Cute!

I have sooo many favorites!!
Having this special time, just me and my boy
Feeling him move and grow
Just Finally getting to be a mommy

Least Favorites?
Not being able to drink! I've had probably, in total, one glass of wine and one beer over the time I've been pregnant (stretched out, sips here and there w/ a half a glass at Thanksgiving) but I used to have a glass a day!!
And being sooooo achy. I haven't really exercised in forever because being on my feet for any extended period just starts to Hurt and it scares me, lol. Plus, I can't even walk as much as I normally do, or as fast.

Got another paper done today! Tomorrow I'll do my last real paper, my last discussion thread, and the "sum up your experience in the class" paper. I'll be DONE!!! Woot!!

I also finished my husbands blanket for Christmas!! Yey! It's in the washer now getting all clean...I'm sure I sweated all over it while making it, lol.

Favorites:
Extra attention
Kicks!!
Being able to wear elastic-waisted pants EVERY DAY with no one judging me

Least favorites:
Backache
Gaining weight
Exhaustion

Favorites:

*My body!!! I love having a bump and hate when i dont lol*
*Kicks, jabs, and movements :cloud9:
*Comfy clothing
*Being able to experience pregnancy in general
*Seeing my Mw-she's fab!
*Hearing the Heart Beat :cloud9:
*seeing DH feel movements and be excited.

Least Favorites:
*Morning sickness :sick:
*Round ligament pain
*Not sleeping on my back...although ive always been able to sleep on my tummy-thank God because i am a stomach sleeper!!!! I slept that way until i was in labor with DS :blush:
*Judgements...bc even though ive been married for almost 4 yrs, ppl think i look like a teenager, also they judge bc my kids will be so close together. (even though they were planned that way!!! And even if they wouldn't they would still be major blessings!)

hi ladies :flow:
havent been on in a bit , but just done a little read! i honestly cant remember who wrote what though :dohh:

ive been having serious problems with dizziness and feeling ill :( i have literally NO energy, and i seem to be getting very sick in the afternoons/at night :nope: it hits 4pm and i start to feel a little sick in the belly and by 6/7pm im sitting on the floor sweating trying not to pass out.
there is usually a pattern to how it happens too: feel nauseous, get dizzy for about 10min, keep sitting down every 2 or so minutes, see spots and everything starts to go very light coloured and just before i feel like im going to dry i vomit and im ok for about an hour?! ?
i found out im extremely anaemic so im on iron tablets and eating lots more meat and veg , but its not really helping the problem. i asked my DR and she said it will get better eventually, so i guess in the mean time i just try not to pass out ? :shrug:
even jonno has noticed when im not feeling good, apparently i go very white.

Have you been checked for pre clampsia??

Hope you feel better soon x

Tiger are you taking Vit C too? I'm pretty sure it's supposed to help you absorb iron.
I've been on Iron tablets, Vit C and magnesium (for leg cramps) for about 8 weeks and feel a lot better. Even my midwife commented last time I saw her that I had a bit of colour in my face.

Jokerrette
Id say my favourite thing about being pregnant this time is Liam kissing and cuddling my bump. I don't think he quite understands what a "sister" is but everytime I ask him where his sister is, he lifts my top and kisses her.
My least favourite..or should I say the only thing I really hate..is the back ache. I had physio on my back when I was about 11/12...I've always suffered from back ache, but pregnancy makes it stronger and more frequent. I've found a cure though..my exercise ball. It has become my chair for the rest of my pregnancy to stop me from slouching on the sofa at a really awkward angle..which is comfy at the time but hurts soo much when I get up.

mumanddad - ive not been checked as such. i had protein and ketones in my urine nearly 2 weeks ago but my bp was was not too bad, it was 135/85 , and i havent been checked since.
amandad- yes i am,the iron tablets im taking contain vit c to help absorb it .

its awful :(

Thats what my bp is normally some times the bottom figure can be over 100, just when you say about your eyes thats one of the other signs.

I would give you mw a call just for a check x

tiger, :hugs: That doesn't sound good at all. Hope your mw can figure out what's going on and help you feel better.

Favorite parts of being pregnant:

- Experiencing the blessing of pregnancy, the high and low points alike.
- Feeling my baby moving, even when it’s the hiccups! :haha:
- Seeing my husband’s eyes light up when he feels her move or when we discuss future plans for our family.
- There’s something exquisitely beautiful about the pregnant female body; I spend time marveling over how my body changes for the life growing within me and I think it’s awesome, and just radiant. I’m not trying to be vain, I swear; I think the same of ANY pregnant woman! xD
- Falling asleep in hubby’s arms while he’s rubbing my tummy. I know, I’m like an oversized lapdog.
- Eating dark chocolate (usually daily lol) without feeling too guilty for not watching my weight.
- Not having to come home from work and go, “Oh but it’s so cold outside, I don’t want to go for a run…” when I’m really not feeling it.
- The sheer excitement of what’s to come in the future, and knowing that I’ll soon be holding the beautiful daughter I’ve been waiting to meet for what seems like forever!
- Maternity pants! Seriously, do I ever have to wear real jeans again? That panel is just awesome, and so much more comfortable!
- Having an excuse to not always wear heels; I love heels and am supposed to wear dressy shoes to work anyway, but it’s nice having an excuse to live in something functional and comfortable for once! Same with clothing too, I get away with being a little more relaxed with my attire because not feeling comfortable is always acceptable by my boss’ standards. ;)

Less exciting parts of being pregnant:

- Stretch marks :( :rofl: I swear I’m not a completely superficial person.
- The extra attention! Which sounds ridiculous because most people love it, but I’m tired of every day having 10 coworkers drill me with the same 5 questions each (how are you, how is baby, how do you feel today, do you need me to tie your shoe, are you eating healthily enough and drinking enough water?), especially when they’re people with whom I’ve never been close and I feel like they’re just being nosy. Plus some of the people around me treat me like I’m now an invalid and it drives me nuts. Plus if one more stranger touches my bump… :devil: xDDDD /rant
- I miss having a nice glass of Riesling with hubby at the end of a rough day. It wasn’t too bad until recently, he’s been drinking a Molson at the end of his stressful nights and saying how relaxing it is… meanwhile I am restless and cannot relax or sleep to save my life! So yes, it’s jealousy, haha.
- Sleeping restfully in generally, and comfortably on my stomach.
- Severe lack of sex happening all up in here. :haha:
- Going for runs and participating in other activities that I let fall by the wayside in the beginning, and am now far too out of shape to even attempt.

I'm so sorry to hear of your struggles, Tiger. :hugs: I hope they figure something out for you really soon love!

About the extra attention-- I'm not working, and there are days I don't go anywhere or see anyone. The most we ever do is the grocery store and the library and the gas station, maybe out for a meal. So most days, I see and talk to maybe four people. Hardly ever does anyone ask me anything about when I'm due or what I'm having or how I'm feeling. No one has touched my belly (though I'm grateful for that!).
So on the rare occasions when someone does give me extra attention, I eat it all up!
I think if I were working and people every day were fawning over me, touching me, offering to tie my shoe(!), it would get old after, oh, about ten minutes. :)

Tiger- That sounds scary. Also i would check the BP again just to be sure.

Becstar- i LOVE the picture.. that is so cute!

I just wanted to say i drank a cup yesterday and today of the RRTL and i didnt have any BH.... so i think my body is starting to get used to it.

I went to a BF class yesterday and all night i had dreams about BF and that i was having so much trouble with it.... i hope it is not going to be like that in real life!!! :wacko:

Awww, probably just your fears playing out in your dreams. You're already doing a good thing by planning to BF. :thumbup:

Tiger, I am keeping you in my thoughts!! I hope you figure out what is causing it soon!! :hugs:

JuneBugs, don't stress over it, the more you stress the harder it will feel. My boy both did good with catching on how to nurse and as soon as you find a position that is comfortable for you and the baby it will be soooo much easier on you! You will be great when it gets here! :)

Dont worry about it JuneBugs :hugs:
BFing is such a tough thing to understand until you've done it, even taking classes, its nothing like the real thing lol.
Im sure things will go fine :) Just stick with it. The nurses at the hospital will do a great job getting you off to a good start, so by the time you leave the hospital, it will be good :) And if its not just get in touch with the hospitals Lactation Consultant (LC). I actually went through one of the biggest BFing struggles out there. Insufficient Glandular Tissue (IGT) is def not an easy thing! But we kept BFing (plus supplimenting a ton), but we did it for almost half a yr, which given IGT and how little i made (less than 4oz per 24 hour period) is a big accomplishment. ...not trying to brag, but my point is that it comes easy to most moms and if it doesn't the LCs are wonderful!!!! I am an open book if anyone has ANY questions about BFing when the time comes! I seriously learned so much about it-because i was forced to given my condition-and i love helping ppl with it :friends: but i think it will be easier than most first time preggie mams think ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->