February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

At least we're all past first tri and hopefully having less of an issue with nausea, right? :)

It's official. I have finished work. now on 4 week Christmas leave then go straight into my mat leave and Long service leave.
I tell you thank god cause I really wasn't coping to well and having about half of each week of sick so big relief.

Husband has the next 4 weeks off too so we can have some good family time with DS1 before bub arrives.

I got mine from a pattern book from JoAnn Fabrics. Found here:

https://www.joann.com/joann/catalog...geName=search&flag=true&PRODID=zprd_11108966a

But i do know there is a ton of stuff online...pinterest and youtube

What would I need to start? I'd like to order the book but I want to order everything needed to make a diaper.

PUL Fabric
Fold over elastic??
Snaps?
Snap Pliers?

Anything else?

oooh, my long lost ladies.
i've read back over everything since my last post, and am now caught up.
will def try the rasp-leaf-tea, thanks for the tip ladies! i love it here lol

bec- your daughter is the cutest!

gup- your cloth diaper is adorable. you never cease to amaze me lol. i LOVE domesticity, so you're kind of an inspiration. :)

jockerette- the hottub deal... i'd not worry about the bacteria. this is just my personal opinion, and i am a fairly cautious preggo, but i think lots of ppl are OVERLY cautious, if you use the proper temp, and care for the water, you should be a-okay. but its def a personal choice. if I had one, i'd do it... prob no worse on your body than the stress of back and muscle pain, with no other way of relief, right? :)

sorry i've been MIA...
i went in for an early doc appt, as i was getting worried about my little bunnie.
i had the worst hand pain, numb forearms, terrible feet/ankle swelling that i COULD NOT get rid of for days, numbness in my calves, chest pressure, and a racing heart.

My pressure is ok, and no protine in my urine, so YAY for no pre-e... but i do have prego related carpal tunnel syndrome, and heart palpitations, which doc seems to think are heightened from being anemic. i was told to get splits, though all of my mama-friends seem to say they do nothing. and i've been keeping my feet up lots. im having a hard time drinking enuff fluid, which i know is awful, but im NOT a big liquid person, and my tummy always feels so swooshy. i've been trying though! i've also cut out loads of salt.

had a 3d/4d scan, and scarlet faced my back the entire time. went the next day for a re-scan, and the cheeky little thing... kept smiling and sticking out her tongue for the video, then put her hands or feet over her face when she tried for still shots. we have to go back thurs to try one last time.
good news; she has the CUTEST lips... super dark already, the u/s tech was calling her snow white! lol. she has plump little cheeks already, and the sweetest little nose.
she's very silly already lol. i think we're going to have a little tart on our hands. but she seems like a wonderfully happy baby, so i'm getting eager to have her in my arms.

hope everyone is feeling great :) we're getting close girls! EEP!

awww how cute :cloud9:
i love 3D scans so much, i had one with jesse and he was born looking identical to the photos that were taken so im ridiculously excited for this one with holly, to see if she looks like jesse ! ill be getting it in just over a week at 32 weeks exactly

I'll write a long, proper post later but I'm on my way out the door to church atm. I gotta hurry or I'll be late to sing and then the director (my hubby) might be mad :haha:

BUT please, please, please, if you would, prayers / thoughts / good vibes / anything for a good friend of mine. She just found out she got her rainbow :bfp: and I'm so ecstatic for her. :dance: :D

Almost Mama, 3d/4d ultrasound pics are the greatest! I hope you little one acts perfectly at your next try! I look at my pictures like 100 times a day! I think our little girl looks like daddy with his little nost and big lips and has my eyes! She also has such chubby cheeks. The tech commented on how chubby her cheeks were already, so I can't imagine how cute they will be once she is born!!!

Thats what support buds are for :friends:

Way to go JP! That really was a productive day!

Tequeiro, thats so cute! Isaiah used to get the hiccups 24/7 when i was pregnant w him...he even got them seconds after birth :haha: ....this little one has never hiccupped yet ( or that im aware of)....makes me a bit nervous.

Becstar, i just realized you are 34 weeks! :shock: when did that happen?! Lol you seem sooooo much further along! Lol

AFM, i made DS a cloth diaper last night...it was def the trial run, as noted my poor seams :blush:, but it looks durable and im excited to take pics!

1.) Front of the pocket diaper
2.) back
3.) inside (the velcro looks crocked bc of the prefolds we stuffed it with)
4.) Mr Model :)
5.) playing w his Thomas the Tank

Love the nappy! We used cloth with La and plan to with this one after the initial kerfuffle has settled down. I don't know if it helped her to potty train herself at just after 2 but it definitely saved us a fortune and helped the planet a bit, too. We didn't have many fancy ones but lots of ebay cheapies and BumGenius Flips, which I loved. They're all in storage ready to go.

I know, 34 weeks! I am getting excited.

Just got an email from Babies R Us... 6 hour cyber sale starts at 6 pm... up to 50% off... if anyone cares...

I looked at their site, and I'm hoping the sale prices aren't up yet, because frankly I wasn't impressed... Generally I think toys r us and babies r us are overpriced...

Anyway, just thought I'd share in case anyone is in a shopping mood later. :)

Awesome nappy Guppy! We've just had half our shipment of Bumgenius, we've got 24. They're soooo cute in all the different colours.

Anyone who has done cloth before, did you put in a paper liner for the poop?

I got mine from a pattern book from JoAnn Fabrics. Found here:

https://www.joann.com/joann/catalog...geName=search&flag=true&PRODID=zprd_11108966a

But i do know there is a ton of stuff online...pinterest and youtube

What would I need to start? I'd like to order the book but I want to order everything needed to make a diaper.

PUL Fabric
Fold over elastic??
Snaps?
Snap Pliers?

Anything else?

Well it depends on which type of diaper you choose to make, but the one i picked to make used PUL (for the outside of the CD), Suede Cloth (for the inside of the CD), Fold over elastic,Velcro (unless you want to do buttons for the wings), polyester thread, snaps and snap pliers (if you want to do a one size). JoAnns also had these cute little patches you could add to the butt. They are adorable, but i just didn't get any.

Almost Mama- Thanks :blush: funny thing is DH and i are really into an Egalitarian marriage haha but i do love me so projects haha....im not good with cleaning though lol

Glad you got to see you LO again :cloud9: Those scans are so cool!

Swan- praying this is a sticky bean for your friend :dust:

becstar- thank you love! We have an array of brands, but def love the ebay cheapies, especially for day use! They are the cutest and very affordible, which is what im about :thumbup:

AmaryllisRed- thanks for sharing the deals at BBRU! I like looking at stuff there, but you're right they can be pricey...even when its on sale :dohh: i think i'll check it out, just in case.

Awesome nappy Guppy! We've just had half our shipment of Bumgenius, we've got 24. They're soooo cute in all the different colours.

Anyone who has done cloth before, did you put in a paper liner for the poop?

Thanks! I have a few BG from the Artisan collection, they are so cute! and work really well!!! Most of our stash is FuzziBunz, but we have a little of everything, i think.

WE never used the paper liner...our whole deal with CDing was to save money, so i couldn't justify doing that...but i must say i really dont think they are needed...i mean, i guess some ppl love them, but if money is a factor i suggest getting a diaper sprayer :) Thats what we use. You can get them off ebay for like $20. Then if there is poop, just knock the solids into your trash diaper pal or knock them into the toilet. If the poop isnt solid, then just spray it off with the hose and then throw into your wet bag :thumbup:

AFM- We found a water baby! i couldn't believe it because i searched high and low in both stores and online and didn't really find one (there was one on amazon but i dont think it was a real water baby), anyways, we have this chain store (in Maine, not New Hampshire), and they had a boy one there! DS is so cute and feeds the baby a bottle...he even grabbed a spoon from his kitchen set and tried feeding him :cloud9:

Also here is the diaper i finished last night. I added snaps to this one so it could be one size, then both Elliot and Isaiah can wear it. :thumbup:

Attachments

• IMG_0708.jpg
    IMG_0708.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0714.jpg
    IMG_0714.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0715.jpg
    IMG_0715.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0720.jpg
    IMG_0720.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0723.jpg
    IMG_0723.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 3
ok so yesterday i had quite an experience :wacko:
i was sitting in our car and we were stopped, and all of a sudden i got this searing,excruciating pain right across the top of my bump, literally right where my uterus ends on top. it was by far the most painful thing ive experienced in my life, far worse than my contractions with jesse, and they were horrific.
it felt like a very big and painful charlie horse in my belly and i was crying instantly, i couldnt move, jonno tried moving my arm up so i could get some air, because he was freaking out as he could see i was gasping for air and struggling to breathe, and it was awful. i was screaming in agony the whole time.
i dont know what the hell it was but i never EVER want to experience anything like it again. i thought i was dying.
we rang the hospital and she really didnt know what it was. the hospital is a $30 ferry, 1hour drive away so she didnt want me to come unneccesarily into town. she said that if it happened again to come in or call back and an ambulance will get me or if holly stopped moving to go in.
well holly was moving perfectly fine all night, and i was very sore and crampy for the rest of the night, had a few strong and painful bh's overnight but thats it. so im really not sure what it was

That sounds really scary tiger! :hugs: that must have been awful :( i pray it doesn't come back, whatever it was! And in the car of all places, ugh, that couldn't have made it any easier :nope:

i want to know what it was, i instantly started freaking out because i was thinking placental abruption or something ! but holly seems perfectly fine .
im very crampy and sore this morning but nothing too bad

i am baffled by whatever it could be...ive honestly never heard of that (unless it was labor, which we know it wasn't). I dont *think* it was a placental abruption because it would have persisted even more and you def would have bleed (even just a little, but probably much more than that)..of course i am no doctor..i say if it keeps on keeping then see if you can an ultrasound...i would be bugged if i didnt know what it was though.

if it happens even once more im going to go to the hospital straight away. just because its so bloody painful and ill freak out otherwise.

Gup... a *what* marriage?
You always have such interesting things to say lol. I love reading your posts. I always walk away with them with some new knowledge.
We're lucky to have you here! :hugs:

:blush: haha, thats funny.
Egalitarian...i think thats how its written....leave me check google...:comp:....:coffee:...okay the correct term is "Egalitarianism" ...basically it means that DH and I are equal parts and so we tend not to have traditional roles...though we do because i stay at home with the baby and he works :dohh: but we divide everything up equally and neither one does any more (or less)....i guess in short, he doesn't wear the pants in this relationship...and neither do i....haha...sorry thats my dang sociology minor creeping in...ignore me :haha:

Hey, I'm all in favor of a pantsless marriage! :thumbup:
:rofl:

tiger, that sounds really scary-- I hope it doesn't happen again, even if that means you won't ever know what it was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->