February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Well girls been contracting for most of the day, contractions where steady at 6 mins apart 1 min long for most the day and now we are at the hospital with contractions 2 mins apart and it is all going to happen tonight by the looks of things.

Eeek! Good luck!! Of course, I'm a few pages back so it could have happened already!

Just went to update OP and RJ2 was down as pink bump?

Charlie is a boys and girls name lol. Saw on another post rj2 said daughter born yesterday

Congrats rj2, hope you are both doing well x

i have a little worry, ovbiously this is my second pregnancy but hopefully this time we will have a different out come.

Well Matt (hubby) wouldn't hold Logan at all, not even when he was sitting down in the chair.

when my sister had my first nephew she had so many issues after her csection that she couldn't cope so at 4 days old i was looking after him, but when i was trying to get his bottle ready matt wouldn't hold him either.

The thing is we could be having this baby in as little as 2 weeks so the baby is going to be a smallish weight, and matt has told me he wont hold him till he can hold his own head... Did anyone elses OH's go through this and did they change there minds when they seen there babies?

Why won't he hold a baby that size?? He's not going to break him!! My Oh is awesome with babies and if he tried telling me he wouldn't hold ours, I'd probably smack him!!! It's his child too and how is he really going to help and Bond without holding him??

Guppy, I completely agree with that!! It is terrible that her fame has caused a hospital to do soooooooo much changing for one person! Wouldn't it have been much easier to use a private facility?!?!?! There are conflicting facts as to whether she had an elective c-section or if she had her naturally.... but even if you were having an elective c-section you could easily rent a private facility and have the security and privacy you want without interrupting other people.

On the subject of DH holding the baby, mine loved holding DS2 when he was born. He was nervous about it a lot, but once he got the hang of it he did it all of the time. Mumanddad, maybe you should have a talk to him to figure out his fears he has with holding the baby. Get him to open up to you about what makes it scary for him, and why he doesn't want the time to bond with the baby.

My DH had babysat his niece and nephew and so was an old pro at holding babies, changing diapers, giving bottles, etc. I was the one who knew nothing!! I had never held a baby before they handed my son to me when he was born!

I love Charlie as a girl's name. Did she say the middle name? (I'm too lazy to look back...)

CONGRATULATIONS RJ2!!!!!!!!!!!!! :baby: :dance: :baby:
please please holly stay in for a few more weeks ! was hoping i would follow the trend of getting a pink bump and now im willing that i dont follow the trend and go early :shock: :rofl:
what is with the impatient little munchkins !?

:haha: ...i have a feeling mine will be fashionably late lol...i have no confidence that ill go before the EDD

P.S. i love how my ticker (last week) said that baby flipped...and the baby ticker wasn't flipped then and its still not flipped now :dohh: lol

My DH had babysat his niece and nephew and so was an old pro at holding babies, changing diapers, giving bottles, etc. I was the one who knew nothing!! I had never held a baby before they handed my son to me when he was born!

Yeah, my DH has a brother 6 years younger than him, so had changed plenty of diapers etc... Also helped out with other people's kids I think =/ I hadn't done much of anything at all. I started changing my brother's diaper one time and he started crying, as they do, so I freaked out and made my dad take over :lol: I actually threw a bottle of water at DH in the hospital when DD woke up for a change in the middle of the first night :S :haha:

RJ- CONGRATZ ON YOUR LITTLE BOY!!!!

SWAN- I glad your little girl is doing well!

Charlie is a boys and girls name lol. Saw on another post rj2 said daughter born yesterday

Congrats rj2, hope you are both doing well x

I love Charlie as a girl's name. Did she say the middle name? (I'm too lazy to look back...)

Just thought I'd clear up the confusion.

Our little girls name is Charlie Erin. She will be in the special care nursery till tomorrow but is doing really well.

Will post photo later this evening.

Thank you everyone for your well wishes.

CAnt wait to see a pic :cloud9:

Had my "34" week appt today. Baby is laying on my left side and facing the right side...which is good..left is a great position...im just nervous because the baby will rotate either face up or face down at some point (probably during labor)...but i have an anterior placenta so im not confident baby is going to be face down :(...i was reallly hoping to not go through another posterior birth :cry: i know things can change and go different, and im praying for that, but mentally i need to prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Awww, Guppy, I hope he goes the right direction! Like you said, hope for the best and prepare for the worst.
I noticed that about the ticker, too. It says head down, but the baby in the picture doesn't actually turn upside down for a few more weeks?! :dohh:

RJ, Charlie Erin is a beautiful name. I love it. :cloud9: Hope you and she are continuing to recover.

I'm not sure I even changed a diaper until we came home from the hospital. I know I fed him a bottle, but the nurse had to practically force me. I was sooo afraid I'd do something wrong and mess him up for life! I'm looking forward to being much more laid back about this baby. And I plan to have him/her in the room with me a lot more, whereas with DS I let them keep him the nursery an awful lot.

I'm pretty sure mine will be born in Feb... since my EDD is so late in the month... but there's a little part of me that's worried that I'll go into labor this time, just because we have the section all planned this time and I never went into labor on my own last time. It would just be the ironic way of the world.

AR- yep, exactly my thinking ! im booked in for a section 2 days after my due date, so im completely paranoid that im going to go into labour earlier than that :S even though i was so late with jesse.
but another part of me wants to go about a week earlier so i can hold her earlier :cloud9: but only during the day haha :rofl: not at night when the ferrys arent running :haha:

so guess what??........ we are moving either the week before holly is due, when im 39 weeks or the week she is due to arrive at 40 weeks :wacko: fun fun???????? probably go into labour while moving and cleaning :dohh: unfortunately we have no choice, we were going to leave it until she was a month old to save moving while im heavily pregnant but the hot water system is broken and they are refusing to fix it ! :saywhat: we issued them a notice to fix it because, well lets face it, hot water is a necessity ! but they are refusing yet still give us a letter advising that there will be a rent increase from the 18th feb ?! :saywhat: why the hell would we pay a rent increase if we wont even have hot water ?! :dohh:

I know 3 girl Charlies so assumed baby was still pink. Just thought I'd missed something somewhere when there were a few 'congrats on the boy' type posts. Hehe.

Lovely name choice RJ. Hope you are both well x

i have a little worry, ovbiously this is my second pregnancy but hopefully this time we will have a different out come.

Well Matt (hubby) wouldn't hold Logan at all, not even when he was sitting down in the chair.

when my sister had my first nephew she had so many issues after her csection that she couldn't cope so at 4 days old i was looking after him, but when i was trying to get his bottle ready matt wouldn't hold him either.

The thing is we could be having this baby in as little as 2 weeks so the baby is going to be a smallish weight, and matt has told me he wont hold him till he can hold his own head... Did anyone elses OH's go through this and did they change there minds when they seen there babies?

Why won't he hold a baby that size?? He's not going to break him!! My Oh is awesome with babies and if he tried telling me he wouldn't hold ours, I'd probably smack him!!! It's his child too and how is he really going to help and Bond without holding him??

I know he wont break him and so does everyother women he just doesnt feel as if he can do it. He is great with my nephews now and has been since they where able to hold there own heads.

He might just hold him in hospital if noone makes a fuss about the situation but its just playing on my mind

Maybe if you asked the nurses etc on the sly to ask hubby to hold baby while they saw to your needs he'd do it? So basically set him up without him knowing?

Maybe if you asked the nurses etc on the sly to ask hubby to hold baby while they saw to your needs he'd do it? So basically set him up without him knowing?

Thats an idea, ill give it ago.

Like i said to him he doesnt have to stand up with him

wow! :shock: Tiger thats nuts! lol I hope the move is easy! We moved when i was 28 weeks pregnant with DS (i should say relocated as we are now 10 hours away), and i thought that was nuts. Cant imagine being full term! lol
I hope yall have help...take advantage of your preggoness....ppl will treat you like a queen and offer loads more help...just sit with your feet up and give direction on where to put everything :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->