February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Congratulations RJ2!!

I can't believe these babies are so impatient!

Had a midwife appointment today, all my hands and knees (my floor is so clean now!!) has been worth it so far, baby has moved from right posterior to right occiput transverse, spine on my right hand side, so is heading in the right direction, yeay!

congratulations RJ and happy birthday Charlie (love that name x)

Hey swan, did you see that Beyonce's baby was delivered yesterday too? I think hers was a scheduled c-section though!! Aria made it first! :haha:

I heard on the news "unconfirmed reports Beyonce has had a baby girl" and was thinking it's got to be swan!!

gem, can't believe you couldn't find all that stuff, at least you have it now though

best of luck in your new home Kelly, who knows how many more babies there'll be by 20th jan :wacko:

jokerette they sound exciting, can't wait to see

well done on getting all your bills done Guppy, I've managed to file my tax return this week but still got other work things to sort like not being paid for November invoices yet :growlmad:

monkeydo Yay for ROT, keep going baby! I was ROA but bump is so big and hard now can't tell whats what anymore!

i have a little worry, ovbiously this is my second pregnancy but hopefully this time we will have a different out come.

Well Matt (hubby) wouldn't hold Logan at all, not even when he was sitting down in the chair.

when my sister had my first nephew she had so many issues after her csection that she couldn't cope so at 4 days old i was looking after him, but when i was trying to get his bottle ready matt wouldn't hold him either.

The thing is we could be having this baby in as little as 2 weeks so the baby is going to be a smallish weight, and matt has told me he wont hold him till he can hold his own head... Did anyone elses OH's go through this and did they change there minds when they seen there babies?

I've had a productive weekend and have been spurred on by Guppy's pic so here is my homebith stuff ready to go. The boxes are - things to cover floor and sofa with/ old towels (so OH doesn't end up getting out te best ones)/ things for inflating and filling the pool/ things for during labour. You can just about see the pool at the back and the bags are one for post-labour/ if we transfer to hospital and one full of babies things. I'm sooooo excited now!:happydance:

We also got our car seat delivered today and I've made our reusable wipes.

Attachments

• PICT0198.jpg
    PICT0198.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 0
  • PICT0195.jpg
    PICT0195.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 0
  • PICT0201.jpg
    PICT0201.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 0
i have a little worry, ovbiously this is my second pregnancy but hopefully this time we will have a different out come.

Well Matt (hubby) wouldn't hold Logan at all, not even when he was sitting down in the chair.

when my sister had my first nephew she had so many issues after her csection that she couldn't cope so at 4 days old i was looking after him, but when i was trying to get his bottle ready matt wouldn't hold him either.

The thing is we could be having this baby in as little as 2 weeks so the baby is going to be a smallish weight, and matt has told me he wont hold him till he can hold his own head... Did anyone elses OH's go through this and did they change there minds when they seen there babies?

I'm worried about this too, I think my OH will find it really hard to be hands on and I'll find it difficult to step back and let him try to sort things out instead of taking over. would your OH feel different if the baby was swaddled so the head was supported or if you had a carrier which was supporting the head?

I'm worried about this too, I think my OH will find it really hard to be hands on and I'll find it difficult to step back and let him try to sort things out instead of taking over. would your OH feel different if the baby was swaddled so the head was supported or if you had a carrier which was supporting the head?

i have taken him to try different carriers out but he wont swaddled is a big no with him he just doesn't think he can look after something so small.

he is a big bloke so i dont know if that is why he is scared but i am so worried about this

Congrats RJ2!! I hope that you and Charlie are doing well, :hugs: and thoughts for an easy recovery!

Swan, did you hear how terrible it was for the other parents to be in the same hospital as Beyonce? There was a father to premature twins who was given so much trouble for him and his family to be able to visit with the twins and his wife! While I think it is great for her to have had her baby, it is a bit ridiculous to act like that at a hospital where other babies (sick and healthy) have families that want to see them and be able to visit their loved ones!

Can not get over all the babies already appearing!! Hope they are all doing well and healthy and mum are doing great too!! So excited! Wish I could fast forward 4 weeks :D

SWAN CONGRATS on baby ARIA Hun! I am soooo excited for you!

Thanks MrsM! :hugs:

TeQuiero - NO I didn't hear that!! I heard she paid 1.3 million to rent the whole floor. My mom was like !!! What on earth?! What about the other women delivering there? I can't even imagine. There were 20 babies born here this weekend and that was a pretty huge max for this wing!! lol. We got moved from my room 2 hours after I had Aria so someone else could use my delivery room and normally they don't move you ever. That was acceptable to me though because I understood it was busy due to MANY women. If ONE woman was causing pains for everyone boy would I be peeved.

My mom and I were discussing why she wouldn't, with all her money, hire a doctor to just come do it? Though guess with a section that may not be so easy. But if you have the money to buy all the resources and want the privacy anyway wouldn't that just be easier? Idk. Clearly I'm naive :rofl:

But whatever it may be, that's just awful. I feel for those poor families. :|

Whoops! hubby is correcting me - while I napped he caught a news report :haha: and that I had the cost wrong now and that it was a suite and not a floor. Regardless I think she could have gotten the privacy she needed without inconveniencing people needing the hospital, like TeQuiero pointed out. She can afford to find privacy anywhere in the world lol.

RJ- CONGRATZ ON YOUR LITTLE BOY!!!!

SWAN- I glad your little girl is doing well!

Congrats RJ!! :)

Full moon last night... I was really crampy and with being sick yesterday morning, had my fingers crossed, but nope! Bet I'm gonna go overdue now!! :haha:

Hi there I am due on the 23rd of february. Can't wait. We are having a little boy. :)

Congrats RJ :hugs:

So I had my consultant appointment today! We brought my growth scan forward from Tues 24th to Thurs 19th - Next week :-0 If LO is small enough for a safe delivery he will do an internal & if my cervix is ripe break my waters (yaaaay) Chowing down on RLT & EPO as we speak!!

Have been booked in for a section on 31st Jan, just incase (booooo) so I'm not going to have a February baby :cry:

I've decided to cut out dihydrocodeine completely (I KNOW can do it for a few weeks with paracetamol, TENS, hot baths & my ball) Consultant referred me to midwives for more acupuncture and aromatherapy, which was nice of him. Think he could see I'm getting really anxious/upset about it all. He's so nice :blush:

Off to bounce on my ball now. Hope you are all good x

If Beyonce wanted that type of birth and privacy she should have just had a homebirth!

I dont like what she did to those parents but my bigger concern is the fact that the hospital accepted business over human beings and their feelings and needs! A hospital IS a profit organization, and i think its scary that money always rules.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->