February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

oh no way hun :friends: not offended at all....jealous yes not offended lol sorry, i was more trying to be humorous but tone of voice is a challenge to convey online. :flower:

the dense tissue probably is why. im sure that being wet all day long is not pleasant, at all...and sticky too...so i get ya :hugs: sorry if that came across differently.

if you have that leaking problem again, have you ever considered donating? do you have oversupply then?

No probs, just didn't want you to think I was trying to rub anyone's face in it :hugs:

I'm not sure if I have 'oversupply' if that's a specific thing, but, in the dense of the word, yes, it's was far too much and uncontrollable. I've never thought about donating tbh, I'm in Scotland & I've never heard anything about a service like that :shrug: Makes sense though, I think I'll look into it to find out :thumbup:

awesome!no pressure, but i guess God has women like you for women like me :winkwink: not that you should donate if you dont want to though, but i know a lot of the ladies we got donor milk from had the same thing as you. There is MilkShare.com, Eats on Feets (they have FB pages), and Human Milk 4 Human Babies (they also have FB pages). Those are milksharing, not milk banking, but there are also milk banks. its a lot easier to donate through milk sharing than milk banking though.

To answer the earlier question about maids: TOTALLY WISH I HAD HIRED ONE. :rofl: But my MIL did a nice scrub-down of a lot of the area while she watched my dog during my hospital stay, so that was a relief. The house was a mess when I went into labor, since we were obviously not prepared!

So, just an update from a much happier me - Chris came home and found me crying with Aria in the bed, but we had visitors coming after dinner so we didn't get to talk until they left. He patiently let me cry it out and then said that he had paid close attention during my final session with the LC at the hospital, and that he felt he could help.

Side by side, we sat on the bed and he steadied Aria and helped keep her awake while I kept the shield tight on my boob with one hand and helped massage my boob with the other - alternating with stroking her cheek. After some coaxing and rearranging our system, we got her to suckle multiple times on each breast, both with and without the shield! It was much better progress than she has ever made, so that was awesome.

The only downside is that we think I have mastitis, so I have to go to the doctor tomorrow. :| But well, whatever. Things could be a lot worse. I'm just elated that my 'session' with Chris went well, and he's helping me in an hour to do it again to show my mom what needs to be done. She said she'd help me with it every 2 hours to get Aria into the rhythm - and then I can pump afterward. I was stoked - after the session, I got 50 ML from my boobs; 10 more than my last max! But I was just reading and I need to lay off the boob I think might be infected, because I don't want to damage the tissue. So I have to cut back on it for now, I guess? Hopefully they can get me in tomorrow morning ASAP so I can get looked at and boom.

As for tongue tied, as far as I can tell from looking myself, she's not. But I will ask Saturday for them to check. :thumbup: And the LC never did the weighing thing, because Aria literally wouldn't suckle for more than a few seconds and was barely getting any colostrum. I'm going to see how this new system goes, praying for some success, but if it doesn't work, I'm ringing the LC and asking for her advice. Since there's a fee involved (and I hear it's hefty... ugh...) I'm holding off on that until I hear from LLL and see if we can continue to have success with Aria.

ANYWAY. Thank again to you all for your support. I feel bad hogging up our boards with my moaning today. TOMORROW is going to be a friggin' better day. :D

i think your amazing swan :hugs: you can really tell how much you love aria and how much you want to bf :hugs:
im really glad that you guys are making progress :)
as far as mastitis , that sucks ! its awful !. but try to still get milk, because if you stop bf'ing/expressing from it, your body will think you dont need it.

yay! im so glad Chris is of assistance. sounds like you guys have a good system started :dance:

with mastitis its actually best to keep on nursing and keep on pumping! it can make it worse if dont do those things. def. keep up what your doing! also, you may want to apply hot compresses to the breast with the mastitus (if thats what it is) about 4x per day. taking a nice hot shower can help, as can a heating pad, or even a hot wet washcloth. those are things you can begin tonight to help out little :hugs:

Guppy said exactly what I was thinking! Warm compresses can help relieve some of the pain with it. I am so happy that Chris is helping you with it, support is always important!! :hugs: and FYI, you aren't hogging the board! :D

I'm so relieved I have a helpful OH. And my mom, who'll be helping take over when he's sleeping / working. Hopefully this helps little miss Aria get herself together a bit. :thumbup:

I've been thriving on wonderful warm washcloths and lots of fluids. Also massaging while I pump and feed, trying to soothe the area. I'll see how it is tomorrow - because I'm not sure if it's just the transition or infection, but it feels a lot worse than the other. Soooo we will see. Fingers crossed it's just nothing. xD

i FINALLY get my mat photos back tomorrow from my sister ! yay ! :dance: here are a few she sent me over the net though ...
just remember this was 9 weeks ago, so im MUCH bigger now haha
kiss belly.jpg

kissing jesse.jpg

with jesse.jpg

Tiger- Those pictures are beautiful!!! You have a lovely family.

Swan- I am so happy to hear you have such great support and that you are making some progress!!

Aw Tiger your pics are great!! You look absolutely wonderful! :)

Elated after another good feeding. And I woke without as much pain as before so I think I was just engorged and needed Aria's help to ease the pain. :) we will see in the morning.

Hi Girls,

Well for an update.

I'm not caught up on the thread so I hope everyone is doing well and I hope to catch up on the news soon.

Well Charlie had an issue with low blood glucose levels after birth and low temp so was sent to the special care nursery and was initially tube fed.

I started to express for her the following afternoon. By Wednesday afternoon she had tube out and was completely breastfed and was released from the special care nursery this morning and will be coming home with me when I am released so I am thrilled with how it all turned out.

I've attached a photo of Charlie and one of her and her proud Big Brother.

Attachments

• Charlie.jpg
    Charlie.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Charlie and BB.jpg
    Charlie and BB.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 9
Awww she is beautiful and her big brother looks so proud.

Congratulations xx

Awww, how sweet she is!! Is it crazy I already think the two of them look alike? Big brother looks so proud.
Congrats again, RJ!

Swan your a star, keep up the good work x

RJ and tiger your pics are beautiful, cant wait to see more.

I'm not sure if I have 'oversupply' if that's a specific thing, but, in the dense of the word, yes, it's was far too much and uncontrollable. I've never thought about donating tbh, I'm in Scotland & I've never heard anything about a service like that :shrug: Makes sense though, I think I'll look into it to find out :thumbup:

we have UKAMB here they give you sterilised bottles and come to collect them as often as you want https://www.ukamb.org/donor, I recommended to my friend a couple of months ago as she was getting loads more milk than she needed and she's used it successfully. not sure what their coverage is like in Scotland but they're a good starting place x

I totally agree Amarylis, I'd love a maid but would have to clean first, plan to clean today has not gone well as so far only managed to eat breakfast then slept for 3 hours! and now I'm on here... will try again now!

RJ2- She's so precious!!!! :)

Tiger- I love your maternity photos!!! :)

Swan- your OH sounds like a great guy! You two will be awesome parents. Thats so wonderful that he was able to take such an active involved roll in the BF. <3

----------------------------------
I got a few photos from my maternity photoshoot! I am hoping there might be a few more to come, she took like 500, its hard to believe she could really narrow it down to only like 10... I'm like, I want to see them all! but I do love these ones so far!

Attachments

• photo 11.jpg
    photo 11.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 4
  • photo 21.jpg
    photo 21.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 4
  • photo 41.jpg
    photo 41.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 4
  • photo 31.jpg
    photo 31.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 4
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 4
Swan, when I got engorged with DS1 I actually would get enough milk for 6 bottles (6 oz bottles) and was still able to feed him. I think that was the worst point in my experience with BF, I was so tired and sore. Bit once I got past that point I was doing soooooooo much better! I am glad that it is feeling better for you :hugs:

Tiger and Jokerette, the photos are amazing!! I am jealous I wanted to get photos done this time, but we just haven't had the time.

I go to the Drs in about 3 hours.... I cannot wait. It is my B strep test and an ultrasound to check her growth!! I think I am going to ask them to see if I am dialated, I have been having a lot of pressure and I cannot lean back (like in our recliner), as it hurts my pelvic area. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->