February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

RJ, what a beautiful baby girl you have! I'm happy to hear she is out of the special care nursery and is ready to head home!!! Congrats again, I'm so happy for you!

Wow! so many beautiful pictures floating around the thread today!you all love so lovely and beautiful :cloud9:

RJ congrats on your beautiful baby! im glad to hear you are all doing so well.

Swan- yay! thats exciting! i bet you are right! It probably is engorgement. I dont know why that never cross my mind :dohh: lol but yay! im happy for you that it seems to be getting easier. Baby steps, mama, it will get to be second nature to you soon enough.

Aria's feedings continue to be successful. She nurses about ten minutes on each side - but it's sporadic. She suckles, she pauses and thinks about it, she suckles again, etc. It's tough not knowing how much she's getting, especially because she's taking less and less from the bottle now that she's also nursing. :| But I mean, I figure if she's not fussing and trying to eat, she's obviously not hungry... lol. Fingers crossed anyway. I just keep tracking diaper changes and will adjust things accordingly as I must.

I've been waiting to pump every three hours now, since that tends to be about when she wants to eat. I'm not sure if I should bump that up a bit though, so my supply doesn't dwindle? It's slowly increasing according to what I pump after already feeding her, but I don't want it to suddenly plummet.

So many questions and concerns and yet I feel so happy. At least she's nursing! Ish. :rofl:

Jokerette, I love your photos, they are awesome! :) You look amazing.

TeQuiero, good luck at your appointment! I hope all goes well!

I just sat and took a ton of photos of Aria. Gotta photo-bomb hubby's facebook so at lunch he can log on and see them from his phone and have a reason to smile, since tax season isn't making him a happy camper. :lol:

Jokerette- I LOVE your pictures! Beautiful!

RJ- She is soooooo cute!!!!

hope your all doing well ladies, there are some lovely pictures floating around today.

I have had an appointment with the mw today, she was a little grumpy :( and thinks my consultant is doing to much- but hay i am still going on what my consultant says as i want my baby here safely and alive!!

i have been told i have to rest more so i am now on the sofa reading back on loads i have missed.

For uk ladies- (or anyone who can answer) when do you get checked to see if you are dialated?? or do you just wait till you go in to hospital??

Hi Girls,

Well for an update.

I'm not caught up on the thread so I hope everyone is doing well and I hope to catch up on the news soon.

Well Charlie had an issue with low blood glucose levels after birth and low temp so was sent to the special care nursery and was initially tube fed.

I started to express for her the following afternoon. By Wednesday afternoon she had tube out and was completely breastfed and was released from the special care nursery this morning and will be coming home with me when I am released so I am thrilled with how it all turned out.

I've attached a photo of Charlie and one of her and her proud Big Brother.

They are both just adorable!!

hope your all doing well ladies, there are some lovely pictures floating around today.

I have had an appointment with the mw today, she was a little grumpy :( and thinks my consultant is doing to much- but hay i am still going on what my consultant says as i want my baby here safely and alive!!

i have been told i have to rest more so i am now on the sofa reading back on loads i have missed.

For uk ladies- (or anyone who can answer) when do you get checked to see if you are dialated?? or do you just wait till you go in to hospital??

My doctor told me that at my next appt (this coming Monday), he'll be checking my cervix to see if I'm dilated at all!

Ugh, ladies! I am So sick of being sick!!! I woke up on Christmas with a horrible sore throat. It's progressed so it's all nose blowing and coughing now, but come On!! And because I'm all congested, I've been snoring which is making my throat raw from that!! Wahhhhh!!! I hate being sick. Sucks we can't really take anything. All I know that I can take is Tylenol for pain and throat lozenges. I guess I can do a nasal spray but I Cannot do those. Ever seen the episode of Friends where they try to get the drops in...Monica's (I think) eyes?? That's me with nasal spray!! LOL

RJ2 - she is gorgeous!!

Swan - youre doing an amazing job!

mumanddad - I have no idea, sorry!

Quick update from me:
Went to the midwife this morning and she cannot decide if Peanut is head up or head down :( so Ive got a presentation scan tomorrow morning to see which way LO is definately lying!
Great news is, I get to see Peanut again (last time was 20 week scan) but the bad news is they may be breech!
If LO is head up then there is the possibility of them trying to manually turn them but Im not sure that I really want them to and I would end up getting booked in for a c-section which isnt exactly ideal either!
And here was me thinking that this baby was the least hassle that Ive ever known, looks like they were just waiting for 37 weeks to cause me trouble!!

Swan, I am glad that Aria is continuing to do good with nursing. It might seem that she is stopping to think about it, but if she is still attached she is most likely letting the milk trickle down her throat.... that is what my boys did.

AFM, I am not too happy with my Drs office today. I saw the office's nurse practitioner (who I've seen before) but she did not take any time at all today. She only did the swab, checked my cervix (and barely at that), and then during the scan (which took all of 5 minutes, and only because she could not get sight of fluid pockets) she didn't tell us about anything, she didn't match up her measurements, we didn't get any pictures, and she only told us that Adelina is head down.... with her measurements all over the place she says Addy is about 5lbs 13oz. And I lost 3lbs.

JP, I hope you feel better!! :hugs:

Mumanddad, I am not sure how your doctors will be, but most of the drs in my office check weekly from 36 weeks. :shrug:

Hope you feel better JP!!

Fingers crossed you find out that your Peanut is not breech, Dizzy! Enjoy your scan. :) always so lovely to see those adorable little babies.

Ugh sorry to hear it didn't go well TeQuiero. So frustrating! But hey, yay for losing!! I always gained too much at every appt :haha:

Chatted with my local LLL leader today. She was wonderful! We are going to not bottle feed any BM and see how her diapers continue to hold up with dirties and things. And she told me to pump less or my body will think I have twins and I will end up in overdrive. :| lol.

JP-- feel better!! I think it's Rachel's eyes... they have her pinned down on the ground-- :rofl: so funny!!!!
I use flonase every day, and it's not that bad. I hated it at first, felt almost like I was drowning, like when you get water up your nose? And then it would run down my throat... gross. But I got used to it, and it really helps with nasal congestion.
I haven't used the saline spray, though I bought some last time I was sick, since like you said, it's like the only thing we can have! But I would imagine it works pretty much the same way and you would get used to it after the first few times.
Not so sure how much it would help, though. (That's why I haven't used it.)

JP-hope you feel better.. you can take robitussin dm.. i used it when i was sick and it helped a ton..

Havent been on in here in a lot time..

RJ2 and swan your girls are beautiful by the way..

Maternity shots are great.. such beautiful families you all have.. :)

Cant believe how close we all are and how many of us have had our babies already.. :) Gonna fill up in a hurry..

So news on me: have 34 week appt on wed.. just a quick check, then feb 1st is the 36 week gbs and internal, 37 is internal again, and 38 will be a sweep if we can.. 39 weeks will be possible induction.. not sure how i feel on it yet.. wait and see when the time comes.. hoping for the sweep and all to go off after that.. :)

Hope your all well..

Hey girls i just thought i would post my 33,34 and 36 week bump..... i was having ALOT of pelvic pain and pressure in my 34th week, i thought he might have been dropping. I was really bad for about a week (i could hardly walk) but then it just seemed to get better and now the pain is gone completely. Is that normal and do you think the pain was from him dropping?.... I can feel him moving around REALLY low ( just above my pubic bone) but i don't know if that is normal.

Attachments

• bump (33).jpg
    bump (33).jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 3
  • bump (34).jpg
    bump (34).jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 2
  • bump (36).jpg
    bump (36).jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 2
Junebugs, I've head bad pelvic pain on and off randomly. Last week it was much worse than this week and I have no explaination.

I'm excited I have a doctor's appointment today. Last Friday the doctor checked to see if I was dilated at 35 weeks and I was already 2+ cm. She thought I would have the baby by this upcoming Monday, but so far Baby C is still hanging out! Yay, my goal is to get her to 37 weeks! I'm super curious to see if I made any more progress or if I am still 2+ cm. I'll keep you guys updated once I find out any information.

mumanddad -we don't get it offered routinely round here but think you could ask your mw at any appoinment if you were interested, normally when you go in to hospital is the first time they'd check or at your 40 week appt if they offer a sweep then which my trust do

Had appt this morning. Baby measuring 1 week ahead now (so slowed with the growing over Christmas! :haha:). Currently weighing about 5.5lb.
Got more anti-sickness tablets so hoping I feel more human again soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->