February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Funny you mention bangs-- I have been purposely growing out my bangs because I know I do NOT want bangs in my face when I am trying to change a diaper! So annoying!

I keep forgetting, but I do need a baby book. Whenever I look at them, they're all too gender-specific.

I can't think of anything else that is essential and easy to forget... reading material is a good one, though, and a pillow, too. Ugh. Hospital beds are NOT comfy.

Anyone conerned about OP babies (looking your way guppy :winkwink:): https://midwifethinking.com/2010/08/13/in-celebration-of-the-op-baby/

I havn't read it all but basially it's about how some babies are OP throughout pregnancy and are quite happy there, then about how commonly they turn during labour and ways to encourage them to turn.

Amaryllis, have you looked for Winnie the Pooh ones? I know that the one that we got with DS2 was a yellow Winnie the Pooh one, someone else bought it, but since we didn't find out with him they found a yellow/green one! :)

Now that you say that, I think I have seen one somewhere... walmart, maybe? Thanks!

Anyone conerned about OP babies (looking your way guppy :winkwink:): https://midwifethinking.com/2010/08/13/in-celebration-of-the-op-baby/

I havn't read it all but basially it's about how some babies are OP throughout pregnancy and are quite happy there, then about how commonly they turn during labour and ways to encourage them to turn.

Great article sparklez... I good reminder that every labor is different and OP baby might turn or might not be as painful for everyone.

Today one of my baby email updates was allaout reminding myself that labor pain is good pain. It is not a broken bone or a torn ligament.... It is the muscles contracting with a real purpose to birth the baby. I'm going to really try to keep that mentality when in labor! But I am a first time mom so it might be easier said than done!

Anyone have cats? We need to keep our nursery door open slightly for the heat end air to circulate. I'm not sure if I should be worried about the cats or not. Anyone ever heardof installing a screen door on the nursery?

Anyone have cats? We need to keep our nursery door open slightly for the heat end air to circulate. I'm not sure if I should be worried about the cats or not. Anyone ever heardof installing a screen door on the nursery?

We have a cat and 2 dogs. I'm really not worried about it. She was trying to sleep in the bassinet (which is on our stroller base), but I put a couple things in it and moved it to where she couldn't jump from one place into it. That stopped that. We don't have the crib up, but I don't think she's going to be able to get into it. Even if she could... :shrug: . When I was a baby our cat would sleep in the crib with me. Lol.

Sparklez- thanks for the article posting! Ive seen that before (love her blog lol) but its a nice reminder...i guess its just harder for me because ive been through an unmedicated OP birth...i know some women who never feel any different with OP, never get the bad back labor, nothing...but me, i was't so lucky...i actually broke my tailbone from it, so the pain of labor wasn't just the standard "contractions are good pain". Contractions are good pain, probably the most beneficial pain anyone will ever have and it does serve a purpose...but pain bc a head is one your spine is not the same :nope: 16 months later and my tailbone is still tender to the touch, so im concnered how thats going to go with labor. ...with that, said, not everyone has that experience, and not every experience is the same...so if baby does end up being OP, im holding onto the fact that maybe DS paved the way and theres more space thus less back pains (which at this point i have better shot of that NOT happenening than i did with Isaiah-he was OP the entire pregnancy and labor and birth). Im not as worried about it now as i once was, but since i have been through that, its not something easily forgotten.

And yes, contractions are good pain. and i know some ppl would think im crazy, but if i didnt have the back pressure from him being back to back, i really dont think labor would be as bad as most make it out to be...so long as you are upright! Down stay in bed! I did that for 20 minutes and it was bloody hell. No wonder women want epidurals when they are confined to the bed or a small area near the bad! i had to constantly be upright!

CATS:: we have one cat. I have been leaving the door open in the day, just so he gets used to it (he is a very territorial cat and will piss on new items :wacko: and we put a new area rug down recently) He hasnt peed on it yet...but im surprised by that, actually! at any rate, i think cats are fine. Im not worried about it.

I have a cat too.. and she would always jump in the bassinet.. we put her in a different area of the hosue to where she couldnt be in her room and such and since my dd has gotten older we let her out.. now i think she is allergic to her..

with what i said about OP (and other baby positions, like breech, and the many others), i really think that babies know how they have to be born. I am convinced that if my DS was not born OP, then it could have been worse and more complicated (my birth actually wasn't complicated...for an OP labor it was actually complication free), but i do think babies take the best route possible. Some babies need to be born that way...i hope Elliot needs to be born anterior though :rofl:

with what i said about OP (and other baby positions, like breech, and the many others), i really think that babies know how they have to be born. I am convinced that if my DS was not born OP, then it could have been worse and more complicated (my birth actually wasn't complicated...for an OP labor it was actually complication free), but i do think babies take the best route possible. Some babies need to be born that way...i hope Elliot needs to be born anterior though :rofl:

haha, i hope Elliot "needs" to be anterior too! And my Kenny also!!! :) Sorry tp hear about your tailbone... yeah that is NOT good pain! No way!

My tailbone hurt for about a year after DS was born. Ugh. Hopefully that was just from labor and won't happen again this time.

I had my doctor's appointment yesterday and I'm now 3cm dilated and 70% effaced. She said she gives me a 30% chance of making it to my appointment this upcoming Friday. She also predicted I'd have the baby on Tuesday, but said with pregnancy you just never know. She was also very shocked to see me yesterday at my appoinment, but was super please the baby stayed put from my previous check up a week earlier! I'm getting really excited now and I can't stand not knowing when she'll arrive! It is driving me crazy! I did get off bed rest (wahoo) but still need to rest a lot and am only allowed to do light activites/chores. No walking or moving around a lot still.

We have a cat who normally sleeps in a basket in our room but has taken to sleeeping on our bed in the last few weeks! typical. I'm not worried about it, will just tell him in no uncertain terms if he tries climbing into the moses basket or co-sleeper, as we'll be so close to the baby we can keep an eye on it., Not heard of using a screendoor but have heard of a stair gate, I guess most cats could get over one of those but our fatty wouldn't! Also heard of cat nets but not good reviews - our midwife had one and her cat decided it was a hammock and slept above the baby on the net!

Have discovered that the rocking footstool is quite comfy to lean over while watching tv and nice alternative to the ball, yesterday sat on the ball then leaned my arms on a beanbag on the rocker, was very comfy! Had a midwife appointment yesterday and found out baby has become less engaged :nope: is only 4/5 now, when the student asked if that was possible midwife didn't really have an answer, so basically baby is lost and going backwards:dohh: At least it gives us a few more weeks to get ready and as moved to te left now which is good stuff! So much admiration for the mums who've already had their babies, I'm 10 days off due date and still nowhere near ready. :blush: Have managed to deep clean the kitchen now and made lasagne and hotpot all potioned up in freezer but still got 3 rooms to blitz and done nothing today

I had my doctor's appointment yesterday and I'm now 3cm dilated and 70% effaced. She said she gives me a 30% chance of making it to my appointment this upcoming Friday. She also predicted I'd have the baby on Tuesday, but said with pregnancy you just never know. She was also very shocked to see me yesterday at my appoinment, but was super please the baby stayed put from my previous check up a week earlier! I'm getting really excited now and I can't stand not knowing when she'll arrive! It is driving me crazy! I did get off bed rest (wahoo) but still need to rest a lot and am only allowed to do light activites/chores. No walking or moving around a lot still.

Wow!!! Keep us updated as much as you can! They check me on Monday and I'm sooooo curious!

KJ-great progress! thats less work when youre in labor, so thats a big bonus!

We're off to do some shopping! We are going to grab a couple bookshelves for baby's room so that I can finish putting his stuff away...so that his crib can be put together! Also need to go to Barnes and Noble and see if they have any calendars and day planners left that we like! And Hooters for lunch! Yummers! We really need to go out to Babies R Us, but it's quite a drive to the closest one so I don't think we'll do that today, but hopefully this week!

I have never ate at hooters but i hear they have super fab wings!
What foods do you recommend?

how fun shopping!

We are finally taking the christmas tree and decorations down....DS is going to miss chasing the cat around under the tree :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->