February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

oooo i am soooo excited for tomorrow - i have my routine 2 weekly scan and consultant appt and i am getting my induction date :D

Any advice on getting to sleep at night??

i am sleeping a max of 3 hours a night then nothing i am wide awake! I try so hard not to nap in the day so that i can sleep longer at night but it never seems to work x

mumanddad - how exciting!!!
I cant really help on the not sleeping thing as I only wake up once in the night for a wee then Im straight back to sleep again. Would a milky drink help at all? Or reading to make you sleepy?

i have tried reading watching tv (i always fell asleep watching tv) listenting to soft music. I haven't tried the milky drink as i am not keen on milk at the minute i always have a taste of off milk after drinking it (pregnancy thing i think) x

I have trouble getting to sleep just because I get this burst of energy after DS is in bed and I eat and watch TV and read for hours... Then I usually wake up around 3 or 4 and go pee and switch sides... and sometimes I eat and watch TV some more. :)

mumanddad, have you tried a fan for noise?

Our hospital has different food for the maternity ward, too. They call you up and ask what you'd like and you can get almost anything you want. It's really nice. Haha makes it sound like it's a super fancy hospital-- it really isn't, but they do have a couple perks. :)

Our food was really good too. Room service, LOVE IT.

So it cost me $29,468.00 to have the baby. Thank goodness we only pay $800. Woof. :haha:

Lucky!
I cant imagine what it would cost if i so much had any intervention....we had to pay the care provider about $5,000 and then the hospital was another $8,000 ...and that was 100% intervention and drug free...i cannot imagine what it would be like if i had an IV line or something :shock: On the bright side i only paid $2000 of the $13,000 it took me 15 months to pay that off! ....of course we pay $550 every month in health insurance premiums, alone, so really i did pay the full $13,000 depending on how you look at it. This time will be so much cheaper! The MWs only cost $3,500 -TOTAL. plus insurance will pick a lot up, so i'll probably only have to pay $900 for the entire birth....i'll take it! haha

I saw the midwife today, baby was head down and 2/5 engaged (but second babies can pop up and down I know). We discussed induction and the fact they have put my dates 5 days ahead, and she was supportive. We have to talk about it at the next appointment.

Come on baby, let's not make it to the next appointment in two weeks. Let's have you out and in my arms healthy and safe before then.

Everything sounds great becstar! thats awesome!
and im glad she is on board with you about the induction and dating thing :dance:

umm...not trying to be gross here...but i was curious...and i can feel the babys head through my vaginal/uterine wall! :shock: i pushed on it, and the baby didn't push up...man, im so curious! Wish i knew how engaged the baby was, but i know i wont be getting checks.- not that any of this matters, but wow! its so cool.

My hospital you can order spa services to your room but its not free. I still might go for it lol.

I'm so stuffy too and I feel like my throat is closing while I sleep I think we get like sleep apnea I snore too.

I think we do, too! It's awful! I've never snored before...maybe a couple little ones when I've been super stuffy. But with this cold combined with the pregnancy...I dunno. I feel like my throat closes and I've been snoring really bad, which then makes my throat hurt really bad.

oooo i am soooo excited for tomorrow - i have my routine 2 weekly scan and consultant appt and i am getting my induction date :D

Any advice on getting to sleep at night??

i am sleeping a max of 3 hours a night then nothing i am wide awake! I try so hard not to nap in the day so that i can sleep longer at night but it never seems to work x

No advice! Sorry! I don't nap and I'm still only sleeping in about 30 min spurts. Between my cold, my awful night breathing all the sudden, sore throat, being uncomfy, and general normal unable to sleep I am not getting much. Everybody keeps saying it's preparing me for the baby but I tell you I'd MUCH rather be woken up by the baby then by feeling like I'm not breathing, coughing, horribly dry and ouchy throat, etc.

I've spent the morning working in the nursery. Got all the clothes above 3 months put into two bins...1 for 3-12 and one for 12+. Got pretty much everything put away minus the stuff that needs to be hung and the stuff that goes on the crib...which we still need to put together. I'm BEAT! I really need to pack the hospital bag too. I think I'll take a break and when Dh gets home ask him to bring in the Christmas boxes so I can finally get that all put away.

wow! you have been so productive today JP! I really need to get some :dishes: and :laundry: done....i have zero motivation :blush:

Hi girls,

Thought I'd check in....

Nothing of interest to report, DH just doing the last touch ups to our room, not sure if he's going to build up the chest of drawers tonight - doubt it though!

Growth scan on Thurs, can't wait :D Hoping they can start me off without need for a section. Going to use my feminine wiles on DH tonight, hopefully it will help to ripen my cervix enough. Been losing small bits of what I assume is plug & had quite a bit of discharge, sorry :blush: tmi. Having period cramps & can't determine if the back pain is PGP related or a sign that things are moving in the right direction :thumbup:

I am so sick of the taste/smell of EPO. If I ever see it again once my baby is here, it will be too soon! My complexion is nice though :haha:

Suzzle i had three days worth of period cramping, and then my water broke, 30 hours later, i had a baby in my arms :cloud9:

:dust:

So question for you second time mommies.. :)

I have been through all this before, have my dd who is 2, so with my daughter i started having contractions (bh's) and pain in my coochie area at 36 weeks, told my dr about it and she checked me at 37 weeks where i was 1cm then checked me again at 39 and i was 3cms and had my dd at 39+3..

So I have been having contractions (bh's) again now and the same pain.. like with my dd.. so just curious if you all think i could be dialating already.. I know im not in labor.. as i know labor.. just wondering about it.. 34 week checkup tom.. and not sure if he will want to check me or not after i tell him about the pain and bh's.. supposed to check me at 36 weeks and do the gbs..

Suzzle i had three days worth of period cramping, and then my water broke, 30 hours later, i had a baby in my arms :cloud9:

:dust:

Oh that would be fab! :thumbup:

I'm trying not to spot labour symptoms, but it's worse than ttc :cry:
I didn't have any build up for DS1 (that I can remember) my water broke in the morning before any contractions started, even then they began in my back. The only thing I remember was seeing a small bit of plug when I wiped after going to the loo before bed; so probably all these bits of mucus are making me paranoid :haha:

I had period cramps before Aria arrived too... ;) That was where it all began - period cramps and back pain.

:happydance:

Jus' sayin'. xD

wow! you have been so productive today JP! I really need to get some :dishes: and :laundry: done....i have zero motivation :blush:

Not really!! I mean, what I did in the nursery was a lot, but I still have soooo much to do!! I need to fold and put away about 5 loads of laundry, lol. Dh has been awesome and has cleaned all the clothes for the past month at least...but he brings it straight upstairs. I don't like folding upstairs...so they sit forever, haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->