February Valentines 2012 - We have our first Valentines!

Becstar- it sucks you are feeling down :cry:I hope tomorrow brings you less discomfort and more cheer.:hugs:

We all have those days hun! Don't apologise for sharing... It's what we're here for! :hugs:

Hugs Becstar xx

Just to add to the downer theme, I have a horrible headcold and chesty cough that's stopping me sleeping even more than I was before. Not a happy monkey. I'm worried that all my breathing practice would go to waste if I went into labour now because I can't breathe through my nose!! Also I know it's stupid but I worry every time I cough that it's stressing baby out, cos my bump moves quite aggressively. Grrrr

Hugs Becstar xx

Just to add to the downer theme, I have a horrible headcold and chesty cough that's stopping me sleeping even more than I was before. Not a happy monkey. I'm worried that all my breathing practice would go to waste if I went into labour now because I can't breathe through my nose!! Also I know it's stupid but I worry every time I cough that it's stressing baby out, cos my bump moves quite aggressively. Grrrr

I worry about the breathing, too! :hugs: Don't worry about the coughing though, babies love being jiggled, that's why they normally sleep when you're active.

Thanks so much ladies. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

LO is head down!!!! yipppeeeeeeeeeee!!
So lovely to see Peanut wriggling about again on an US and seeing that everything is looking fab - just a shame we dont get any more pics!

My bump is still feeling a little high so I cant imagine that they will be making an appearance any time soon, which is fine by me because I really want time between finishing work (on Friday!) and going into labour so I can get the nursery finished and the house tidied up and put how I would like it.
Still not had any niggles, aches, pains or BH, its so extremely boring!!!!!

JP- i love Savers! When i lived in central Pennsylvania they didn't have those stores. But then i moved to New Hampshire and i love em! its like an upgraded GoodWill lol It a great place...tons of baby stufff

becstar-:hugs: sorry hun. I know the feeling, i have way too many of them, but it was from my thyroid going underactive PP :( i hate it...im sorry hun...on the bright side it sounds like baby must have dropped!

monkeydo- hope you feel better soon! I had bad nose allergy type symptoms for a couple of weeks before DS was born...hope it goes away. Try not to worry about hurting the baby-as long as your heart is pumping baby is getting oxygen through your blood supply :flow:

dizzy-great news!

Ladies, what are somethings we need to do shortly after the baby is born (like adding the to insurance)? Is there a checklist somewhere?

it really depends on insurance, but basically almost all insurance companies require the baby have a social security number and a valid birth certificate. And usually you only have 30 days to add them. (some go up to 90 days, but most do not, you would have to check with them to know). Also when baby need a check up and the insurance is not yet in, just let the ped office now that you are working on it. Its a pretty typical thing to not have the cards or anything before the first couple appts. so they are usually very understanding about it :thumbup:

Social security took their good old time sending us DS SS#, so make sure you do that ASAP after the birth! (some hospitals have you fill the forms out for SS there, but ours did not). If you dont you have to go to SS office (usually in a court house, but they are not in all-we had to get the SS office in Portsmouth but birth certificate in Rochester)Getting the birth certificate if fairly easy, you just have to show proof of existance (like a medical record or something). You do that at your county courthouse. Usually they print the certificate off right then and there. Then wait to get the SS # and then let your insurance now. DEF make sure you do the SS ASAP. it took us almost the full 30 days to do everything (mainly waiting on SS :wacko:)

:hugs: BecStar - when my first stretchies were discovered, I was devastated. No worries. :) It's not a fun discovery by any stretch of the imagination!!

Jokerette-- In my hospital, they had us fill out the forms for social security right there in the hospital. That was convenient. The dr's took my insurance card in lieu of his until he got his own, which admittedly took awhile. But like Guppy said, they were very understanding as that's how it always happens.

We had to go to the office of records in order to get a birth certificate and it cost $15, I think. Which is ridiculous, if you ask me. For a duplicate, okay, but shouldn't the first one be free? It's my own kid, for crying out loud. Anyway.

And I got a couple bills from the hospital after the birth, for DS's circumcision and stuff, and it freaked me out. But of course all you have to do for that is fill out the insurance info and send it back.

Trying to think what else you have to do... Before you go in, you should have picked a pediatrician, obviously. I called DS's early on and they said all I had to do was tell the hospital staff when I went in that that's who I wanted. But I suppose it differs depending on the dr.

And-- yay!!-- we all get a tax deduction next year!! You might want to change your exemptions at work. :thumbup: That's all I can think of for right now...

I am looking forward to two child tax credits next year! :rofl:

Our birth certificate was $8, but that really depends on the courthouse and the location.

...i think my hospital just dropped the ball on a lot of stuff. Isaiah was born over Labor Day weekend (go figure :dohh:) and they were very understaffed, so they forgot to do a lot of stuff for us...never did get my massage :grr: lol

I don't know if ours did that at the time when DS was born, but I didn't hear anything about it. But this time, I guess we get a massage and if we don't get it while we're there, we get a certificate to go get one later.
(As if I'm going to leave a newborn at home so I can go get a massage!)

I know this is trivial in the scheme of things and that many women would be glad to have this problem, truly... But last night I found some stretch marks on my tummy, really angry red ones, and more this morning. I had none last time and none until now and feel so upset. I know it is silly...

Awe hon, I'm sorry!! I keep checking...every day I check. I KNOW it's normal. And I KNOW they'll fade. But...no one says "Gee...I hope I get stretch marks..." :hugs:

Hugs Becstar xx

I've been sick since Christmas...it sucks! I cough so much that my stomach hurts and I get a cramp from it!! And I'm worried about going into labor when I can't breathe, too!! Ugh.

Looong, good day!!

Went to the closer Savers this morning and SCORED. We spent 170$ and got Dh a TON of new shirts and pants including 2 Tammy Bahama shirts and 1 TB pants (those shirts are 100$+ new!!!!), a TON of baby clothes, a TON of baby books, and at the last min John saw a chick standing with a Kirby (vacuum). We have one...I hate it, he loves it. Lol. It's Really heavy, but he thinks it's the best in the world. Anyways, this one is was only a few years old so he asked her if she was buying it and she said yes and he was bummed but she says, "I really don't need it. You can have it if you want. I was only going to get it because it's such a great deal!" His face was priceless. Got it for 10$. It's about 1500$ new. He's going to leave one upstairs and one downstairs, woot!! I REFUSE to carry the thing up and down the stairs (it's Seriously heavy) so the upstairs doesn't get vacuumed as much. Now it will! He still has to get the stairs though, lol.

Anyways then we headed to Joann's because I wanted to get some yarn for a shawl. My mom's best friend has cancer and is in the hospital right now because she has air bubbles in her heart. So I found a pattern that looked like it would go fairly quickly and wanted to get some nice yarn for it. I walked in and they have their add and a 50% off coupon...had to find something for that. I got the yarn I needed, found a pattern book for some looms I have that came up to 99c, and grabbed a Sock knitting board. Used the 50% off thing on the sock board!! Woohoo!!

Came home, organized a couple things, and then we headed to my Doc appt. It went fine. My feet are pretty swollen and my blood pressure is slightly up from my norm so they want me to keep an eye on that and come in if it gets worse. He did the internal check and could feel Sebastian's head (so weird!!) so he's def head down. Butttt my cervix is still high and tight! He said it's "maybe" a fingertip dilated. Meh.

So when we got home I went for a walk (did a mile) while Dh ran. Now I'm home with my feet elevated and my darlin' is cooking me dinner!! Time to work on Rosalie's shawl!

Oh and STILL sick. Last night was the best I've had in a while. I didn't wake up until 3am. My nose gets so stuffed that I can breathe out but when I breathe in it's completely blocked. This causes me to snore (poor Dh) which chafes my sore throat and wakes me up OR makes me gasp for breath which wakes me up. Either way, wakes me up. Ugh. Then, it was about every 30 min for the rest of the night doing that. *sigh* My throat (so far) hurts less today than it did yesterday. Still coughing. I'm worried it's gone to my chest so I should probably call my regular doc. We'll see!

A massage sounds quite nice right now!!

Are you saying we get a massage after delivery? Never heard of that!

most hospitals dont do that complimentary massage, but the hospital i went to was pretty natural birth oriented (though it was still VERY medicalized, but they were more tolerant than most hospitals), anyways, they have a trained massuss and each women gets one during their stay...never got mine bc they were out for Labor Day weekend...they did give me a certificate to go back...but i felt weird using it and not being inpatient lol

My hospital you can order spa services to your room but its not free. I still might go for it lol.

I'm so stuffy too and I feel like my throat is closing while I sleep I think we get like sleep apnea I snore too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->